PDA

View Full Version : Beulah Park cancels again on 10/21

NoCal Boy
10-20-2008, 08:43 PM
How long can the average Ohio horseman survive without live racing? The tracks seem to be taking a stand now against the THG. You can not force the tracks to run unless the statute requires it.

Will someone bring any sense to this mess?

sjk
10-20-2008, 09:00 PM
How could anyone's survival be dependent on running in races with $3600 purses?

It would have to be very rare for an Ohio owner to be making expenses. They will move the horses elsewhere or sell them and be money ahead.

How long will the State of Ohio let Ruma conduct gambling operations if he doesn't run races?

whobet
10-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Is BEU allowed to take Simul bets if they cancel racing,

I think so,

This stuff in Ohio is NASTY

JustRalph
10-21-2008, 04:30 PM
more,,,,,,,,,,,,

they are gonna race, but not simulcast,cut the purses 45%, but you can only bet them if you are in Ohio

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2008/10/21/beulah_1021.ART_ART_10-21-08_C3_HPBLM9I.html?sid=101

This part of the article cracked me up:

"Source market fees are meant to compensate tracks and horsemen for the revenues lost to Internet bettors that otherwise would have wagered on site. In the past, about 50 percent to 60 percent of those fees have gone toward purses, Basler said."

cj's dad
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Let me get this straight- some idiot in Ohio thinks that I in Maryland who decides to wager an Ohio race would do it on track if the ADW did not allow me to wager in Ohio?:bang: :lol:

cj
10-21-2008, 04:41 PM
I like this:

... but until then we won't be selling the signal around the country."

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it...

takeout
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
This part of the article cracked me up:

"Source market fees are meant to compensate tracks and horsemen for the revenues lost to Internet bettors that otherwise would have wagered on site. In the past, about 50 percent to 60 percent of those fees have gone toward purses, Basler said."

That is rich. :D :lol:

JustRalph
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey Dad, back in the 70's they had a great meatloaf samwich? :lol: :lol: :lol:

LottaKash
10-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I like this:

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it...

It crashed to the ground, I wasn't there , but I heard it...........:eek:

best,

1GCFAN
10-21-2008, 08:30 PM
The meatloaf was very popular in grandstand resturant.

It was explained to me that the extra revenue BP is being asked to fork over would eliminate their profits if they have a bad winter like last year.

They asked for a one day meet in 2009 in order to keep the simulcast allowed by the Ohio.

Don't be surprised if the state makes them run or close shop. The majority of this state's population doesn't believe horse racing is a industry and the greedy track owners should go out of business like everything else in this state.