PDA

View Full Version : Living Legends Race

joanied
10-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Still catching up on race stuff...
does anyone know if there is a video, someplace, of the Legends race last week?? Man, I'd love to see it...even though I was rooting for old man Cordero!!

point given
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
The buiild up was better than the race itself. It was a lone speed number and Hawley picked the right straw. Too bad it wasn't a more competitive race, you'd think that the track would have handicapped picking a better race than it turned out to be. The hilite for me was Julie screaming out before she got put in the gate. I read that she misses competitive racing alot. Maybe you can catch a replay of it on the cal racing replay website ?

KirisClown
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
The replay was posted here...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=592059&postcount=6

JustRalph
10-20-2008, 08:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlfKxLi9oQw

I read an interesting piece on either equidaily or Paulick about this race not being available and promoted better on the Santa Anita Website.

I think this kind of stuff could be very beneficial to racing. Racing does not use its stars well at all when it comes to marketing. From the horses to the humans. They fail on many levels.

I don't know why every one of these jocks don't have a website? They all could be making appearances and stuff. I know some of them do, but not nearly enough of them.

joanied
10-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the links:ThmbUp: been working 12 hour days, so I just saw the video...
yeah, PG...seems the horses were not well matched, and hawley had much the best...liked that Bailey & Stevens finishe on the board, as they should, I am bummed that my man Cordero finished up the track...it was fun seeing him in it for a little bit...
and yeah, what's with the PR dept in horse racing...they can't possibly be so, well, damned stupid or something:bang: just aggravates the hell out of me that they do not take advantage of all the great stuff they can use to promote racing...ggggrrrr:mad: makes me sooooo mad!!!