PDA

View Full Version : BREEDERS CUP ON TV & FIELDS

joanied
10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
We've been harvesting here on the farm, and I finally don't have to drive truck full time during the rest of our harvest...so I am trying to catch up on all the BC stuff. (I know PA set up a section for BC stuff, but so far, as far as I can see, most of the 'talk' about the races seems to be going on in the General Discussion section, so hope I'm posting in the right place)..
anyway, in case I have to run outside for something suring the Tv shows, I need to get this sorted out...I just spent some time at the ESPN web site and also at the NYRA web site...I hate ESPN, wish they'd have the full card on Saturday on ESPN, but looks like they'll split time between ESPN and ABC (and I don't get ABC in hy-def...just get ESPN that way...boooo-hooo).
Filly Friday seems cut & dry...ESPN2 has all 5 races (correct?)
Sat. , as I see it, has races on ABC from 11am to 1:30pm (mountain time)
and races on ESPN from 1;30pm til the end at 5pm (mountain time)
Why can't stupid ESPN have the full card televised...I'd love to see ALL of Saturday's races in hi-def!!!

Have I got all that right???

Also...been trying to find the fields for each day...I went to DRF and they have a message saying to come back after Oct 16th for the list of fields...well, where are they??
Do we have to wait for the post position draw...and if we do...when will they draw the post positions? Wens.??

Help:bang:

PaceAdvantage
10-20-2008, 02:56 PM
ESPN and ESPN2 are in HD on my cable provider....

cj's dad
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Friday ESPN2 @ 3:30 PM

Saturday ABC @ 1:00 PM and switches to ESPN @ 3:30 PM

Times are EST

sandpit
10-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Post position draw is Tuesday at about 11 a.m. Pacific Time. I know it's on TVG and HRTV...

Grits
10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I believe a big mistake was made when the prime networks, ABC, NBC, CBS decided to no longer opt to televise the Breeders' Cup. As good as ESPN may be, it still does not garner the wide audience that the major networks do. I feel the decision has been a further detriment to our sport--big time!

One doesn't hear a peep, one can read, yes, but not hear about Breeders' Cup, as in trailers--upcoming, etc, etc, unless one is a constant viewer of ESPN. To me, this is unfortunate as most folks don't watch sports--alone, 24-7. But then too, I'm female, and of course, some males might disagree with me on this. LOL

Tom
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Good point,Grits ...so far, I have not seen thing one about the BC on ESPN
I just hope there is no Little League on this weekend! :eek:

Southieboy
10-20-2008, 10:23 PM
So, your going to be 1 of the 500,000 people who watch it on TV.

Marshall Bennett
10-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Houston Chronicle has yet to mention the BC . Half the sports page is about the lowly Texans ... who cares anymore ?

JustRalph
10-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Amish Rake Fighting is up against it on RFD Tv?

I am really worried...........

http://www.amishrakefight.org/images/ARFheader.gif

Grits
10-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Good point,Grits ...so far, I have not seen thing one about the BC on ESPN
I just hope there is no Little League on this weekend! :eek:

I thought of that also Tom. LOLOL

And in answer to Southieboy, no I will not be watching ESPN, but there are STILL people that watch from home. There are MANY WHO WAGER ONLINE FROM HOME. My point remains.

joanied
10-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for verifying the TV scheduel...I have my TV all set to record... I am back to driving truck for our harvest (sugar beets), so once again, I'll fall behind in keeping up to date...but I got my BC edition of the Bloodhorse mag yesterday, so I can go through all the entries with PP's.

I do have hi def for ESPN...ABC says it's hi def, but they lie...we get it in regular format:mad: .

So, today they draw for post positions...I'll have to just look it up on DRF tonight or tomorrow...we may get rained out with the harvest:mad: we need to get this done!!

I agree about ESPN getting the BC....they suck, and I also thought about what stupid so called sport they'll have on before the televise the races that will run over time...maybe miniature golf:lol:

We watched the Bronco/NE game last night...now you'd think that would be a huge opportunity for ESPN to advertise the BC...but, nooooooo...not one word. I have not seen ABC advertise either...
this is one part of racing PR that is so badly managed by the 'powers that be'...you just don't see any ads on TV for racing...what a bunch of ass****'s

Thanks guys & Grits:)

point given
10-21-2008, 12:16 PM
"I agree about ESPN getting the BC....they suck, and I also thought about what stupid so called sport they'll have on before the televise the races that will run over time...maybe miniature golf:lol: "

Hey - Watch what you say about us miniature golfers, we don't get much respect as it is and now this. Humph ! :eek: , that darned windmill hole has gotten me the last two rounds and I'm back to drinkin' chamomile tea again because of it. :rolleyes: