PDA

View Full Version : Joe is back again

ArlJim78
10-20-2008, 01:08 PM
not the plumber, Biden. putting his foot in his mouth and scaring the crap out of everyone. In this article he basically admits that Obama is an inexperienced world leader and that there will be an international crisis in his first six months.
That this guy might be a heartbeat away is truly scary, about as much as Obama being president. Read the entire article, its funny and scary at the same. he is basically predicting a calamity that will have everyone questioning what he and Obama are doing. his idea is trust us, have faith.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/biden-to-suppor.html

a taste from this moron;
"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'," Biden continued. "Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound.

delayjf
10-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you
Being Knowledgeable about foreign policy is one thing, having the strength, courage and the character to make bold decisive decisions is another. Who do you think the Soviet Union would rather have to deal with, Carter - or Reagan??? Who do you think Iran would rather deal with - Obama or McCain??

ArlJim78
10-20-2008, 02:03 PM
i don't think bragging about how much you forgot about foreign policy is smart.
especially when some of the stuff you remember, like in the debate when he talked about how the US and France kicked Hezbollah out from Lebanon, has no truth to it whatsoever.

Lefty
10-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Biden's been wrong on foreign policy many times. remember when he wanted to divide Iraq into 3 diff sects?

ddog
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Being Knowledgeable about foreign policy is one thing, having the strength, courage and the character to make bold decisive decisions is another. Who do you think the Soviet Union would rather have to deal with, Carter - or Reagan??? Who do you think Iran would rather deal with - Obama or McCain??

"strength, courage and the character"

Sorry, all those without insight,historical understanding or at least curiosity and ability to understand the changing dynamics leads one to the Beirut barracks over and over again.

ddog
10-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Biden's been wrong on foreign policy many times. remember when he wanted to divide Iraq into 3 diff sects?

You know Lefty, there is along way to go in iraq, it is still divided into two sections, not sects, the sects are still there.

You should maybe check out how much "relocation" has already happened there as the result of many factors.

You may find out that it is now closer to your 3 diff sects than you think.
However that's not the "agreed upon news point of view here" so most never question anything.

Lefty
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
ddog, Biden's plan would have assured a never ending civil war.
I'm glad he just said what he said because maybe people will realize how dangerous an Obama presidency would be. But it's hilarious really: The Obama Campaign, and the leftwing media keep telling us that if Obama is eleced the "world" will love us again. And here's Biden saying the world will test Obama and attack us.
Hmmm...

oddsmaven
10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
i don't think bragging about how much you forgot about foreign policy is smart.
Don't tell me you never heard the expression about "forgetting more than the other person has learned"? Come on now ArlJim. Let's coax it out of you. You can own up.

ddog
10-20-2008, 02:51 PM
ddog, Biden's plan would have assured a never ending civil war.
I'm glad he just said what he said because maybe people will realize how dangerous an Obama presidency would be. But it's hilarious really: The Obama Campaign, and the leftwing media keep telling us that if Obama is eleced the "world" will love us again. And here's Biden saying the world will test Obama and attack us.
Hmmm...

Lefty

The civil war is coming my man.
Wait and see.

Unless we stay there in force for a 100 years it is coming as sure as the sun rises over there.

I hate to see it after all we have done for them and to them to some degree and all the people we have sent there and the ones that didn't come back to us.

In the longer run, before the 2012 elections, this will not survive.

I want to be wrong.

ArlJim78
10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Don't tell me you never heard the expression about "forgetting more than the other person has learned"? Come on now ArlJim. Let's coax it out of you. You can own up.
sure i've heard of it, but its only effective when the person actually can demonstrate some mastery of the subject. Biden cannot. He is a walking gaffe machine and has been wrong on most big foreign policy questions of our time. and when he isn't wrong its because he invents events that never happened.

PaceAdvantage
10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Lefty

The civil war is coming my man.
Wait and see.Like the recession. I get it...

Now, I thought the civil war was already there...about a year or two ago...what happened?

It just sort of petered out, did it not?

However that's not the "agreed upon news point of view here" so most never question anything.Hey man, that's why we keep you around. Yous is the guy to help fills us ignorants in.

LottaKash
10-20-2008, 03:05 PM
The inevitable fate of this once great nation becomes more clear and scarier yet with each turn of the page......Does this nation have the courage and moral fibre to deal with what is about to occur next ?...

Such chaos and uncertainty is unprecedented in our nation's history......Yikes, it seems as if madmen are about to take power, in additon to the Gangsters that are still busy at work plundering our treasury.....The FDA and Big Pharma are poisoning us with their wonder drugs, our food supply is being modified and poisoned with chemicals and processing, our water is unfit to drink, we are murdering our babies, and God is nowhere to be found in our daily lives or in our conversations......

Pray America, it is the only way out of this.......

best,

boxcar
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM

Yeah, but what about when that "other person" is also the supposed learned one? :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Tom
10-20-2008, 03:24 PM
I thought electing Obama would restore our standing in the world?
Sounds like they are expecting it to attract trouble.

Powell said yesterday that we need a prez who will send a message to the world that America is "solid." Obama has been running down the country repeatedly, telling everyone that our best days are behind us. Is that the message we want to send? Remember the answer to the 7 year old girl? His speech in the Fatherland?

Rush just made a good point -

Al Qeda tested Clinton multiple times and we failed every test.
They tested Bush and we passed. No attack on our soil since then.

oddsmaven
10-20-2008, 03:25 PM
sure i've heard of it, but its only effective when the person actually can demonstrate some mastery of the subject. Biden cannot. He is a walking gaffe machine and has been wrong on most big foreign policy questions of our time. and when he isn't wrong its because he invents events that never happened.
In my opinion he demonstrated his mastery in the debate and post debate polling agreed...he does have a ton of foreign policy experience...it's "your opinion" that he has often been wrong...I think his view on what would be best given the 3 groups within Iraq makes sense.

Walking gaffe machine? Didn't happen at the convention...didn't happen in the debate...you must know that most politicians are torn down and charactatured in simplistic ways...Joe does like to expound on his views so his chances increase but he's hardly the "machine" that you and others portray...I know you got a kick out of him asking the crippled guy to "stand up"...could only Joe Biden have made that harmless slip, by uttering a common phrase? Somehow I doubt it and what's the relevance? When Palin made fun of him because she heard his speeches since 6th grade, why didn't she stop and think that McCain is even older before uttering that? Because Joe is not the only one who can put his foot in his mouth - so not a big deal.

Tom
10-20-2008, 03:30 PM
But Joey now denies he ever wanted to split up Iraq.
And he thinks FDR was prez in 1929 and went on TV then.

oddsmaven
10-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Tom - I'm culling through 30,000 posts to see if you ever made a mistake.
Am up to 18,000 and have found three so far. ---- :)

Tom
10-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Then save yourself some time. That is all there is. :2:
And one of them was later proved to be correct after all. :rolleyes::lol:

delayjf
10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry, all those without insight,historical understanding or at least curiosity and ability to understand the changing dynamics leads one to the Beirut barracks over and over again

So, please explain how insight, historical understanding, and curiosity would have prevented the Beirut Barracks bombing? President Clinton was often lauded for his superior intellect yet despite his insight, historical understanding and curiosity, this nation suffered attack after attack by terrorists. Why wasn't his intellect able to dissuade the terrorists from attacking the US?

ArlJim78
10-20-2008, 04:24 PM
In my opinion he demonstrated his mastery in the debate and post debate polling agreed...he does have a ton of foreign policy experience...it's "your opinion" that he has often been wrong...I think his view on what would be best given the 3 groups within Iraq makes sense.

Walking gaffe machine? Didn't happen at the convention...didn't happen in the debate...you must know that most politicians are torn down and charactatured in simplistic ways...Joe does like to expound on his views so his chances increase but he's hardly the "machine" that you and others portray...I know you got a kick out of him asking the crippled guy to "stand up"...could only Joe Biden have made that harmless slip, by uttering a common phrase? Somehow I doubt it and what's the relevance? When Palin made fun of him because she heard his speeches since 6th grade, why didn't she stop and think that McCain is even older before uttering that? Because Joe is not the only one who can put his foot in his mouth - so not a big deal.
where were you during the debate discussion? I posted the link. Here is a summary of Bidens errors/lies/hallucinations that he brought forth during the debate. feel free to defend his statements if you know them to be true.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=585729&postcount=104

asking the crippled guy to stand up is nothing, I got a laugh out of the way Limbaugh added the rimshots to it.

No the serious gaffes/lies are in this list. If you think this guy is an expert on anything other than hot air I urge you to listen closer. He is an expert at bloviating and reminding you over an over how sharp he is.

people that don't care about facts listened to his senatorial swagger during the debate, and just assumed that he is in command of the facts. he isn't.

i do commend him though for being honest today and guaranteeing that should Obama become president, his inexperience will lead to an international crisis. great reason not to vote for him I would say. not the change we need.

boxcar
10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
i do commend him though for being honest today and guaranteeing that should Obama become president, his inexperience will lead to an international crisis. great reason not to vote for him I would say. not the change we need.

Aw...c'mon...where's your sense of adventure? :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

oddsmaven
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
where were you during the debate discussion? I posted the link. Here is a summary of Bidens errors/lies/hallucinations that he brought forth during the debate. feel free to defend his statements if you know them to be true.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=585729&postcount=104

asking the crippled guy to stand up is nothing, I got a laugh out of the way Limbaugh added the rimshots to it.

No the serious gaffes/lies are in this list. If you think this guy is an expert on anything other than hot air I urge you to listen closer. He is an expert at bloviating and reminding you over an over how sharp he is.

people that don't care about facts listened to his senatorial swagger during the debate, and just assumed that he is in command of the facts. he isn't.

Look, I regard Joe well and you think he's horrendous, so we're not going to agree...you asked me to look at the link so I did...it's from the National Review for Chrissakes!! :bang: The same folks that generated a hailstorm of outrage at their own guy, Chris Buckley, forcing the son of it's founder out, because he endorsed Obama...you think there might have been some spin in that column :rolleyes: .

But I read some of it anyway...the 1st cited "lie/halluncination" had to do with Joe speaking about Article I of the Constitution in regards to the VP...the author was crazed because Art. I doesn't define the VP's job - though it mentions a key VP role...if that's his example of a lie/halluncination, you can figure out pretty quick what kind of spinmeister you're reading.

The argument about $ spent in Afgh. & Iraq I can't answer but I do know you can often make statitistics say what you want and I'm confident that the author took such a liberty...the comment trying to correct Biden by saying that the Lebanese kicked Syria our of Lebanon didn't ring true...my recollection was that Syria was much stronger than the torn apart Lebanon who's citizens were not able to kick Syria's proxy-Hezbollah out on there own.

I saw the debate and don't believe Joe said anything about McCain voting "against" every Republican (on Arms Control)...he may have said the opposite in tieing McCain to the administratiion and their ilk...then there was a Biden reference to Obama that hardly was proved wrong by answering "if" he said it we couldn't find it.

After every debate, fact checks are done and errors are always found from each candidate, Biden included...but this was not a source for people to get a fair-minded report.

skate
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Then save yourself some time. That is all there is. :2:
And one of them was later proved to be correct after all. :rolleyes::lol:

Yepper, as a matter of fact it sayth right hereith "Correctto-El-Tommo".:ThmbUp:

wonatthewire1
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
The same folks that generated a hailstorm of outrage at their own guy, Chris Buckley, forcing the son of it's founder out, because he endorsed Obama...you think there might have been some spin in that column :rolleyes:

LOL, they forced Bill Buckley's son out?

Pops and Goldwater are spinning in their graves on that one...

ArlJim78
10-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Look, I regard Joe well and you think he's horrendous, so we're not going to agree...you asked me to look at the link so I did...it's from the National Review for Chrissakes!! :bang: The same folks that generated a hailstorm of outrage at their own guy, Chris Buckley, forcing the son of it's founder out, because he endorsed Obama...you think there might have been some spin in that column :rolleyes: .

But I read some of it anyway...the 1st cited "lie/halluncination" had to do with Joe speaking about Article I of the Constitution in regards to the VP...the author was crazed because Art. I doesn't define the VP's job - though it mentions a key VP role...if that's his example of a lie/halluncination, you can figure out pretty quick what kind of spinmeister you're reading.

The argument about $ spent in Afgh. & Iraq I can't answer but I do know you can often make statitistics say what you want and I'm confident that the author took such a liberty...the comment trying to correct Biden by saying that the Lebanese kicked Syria our of Lebanon didn't ring true...my recollection was that Syria was much stronger than the torn apart Lebanon who's citizens were not able to kick Syria's proxy-Hezbollah out on there own.

I saw the debate and don't believe Joe said anything about McCain voting "against" every Republican (on Arms Control)...he may have said the opposite in tieing McCain to the administratiion and their ilk...then there was a Biden reference to Obama that hardly was proved wrong by answering "if" he said it we couldn't find it.

After every debate, fact checks are done and errors are always found from each candidate, Biden included...but this was not a source for people to get a fair-minded report.
you can find a recounting of these errors in numerous places, not only National Review. these are facts, not NR spin or opinion.
Since you regard him so well there is no point in going any further.
Chris Buckley offered his resignation, and it was probable a good idea. He seems to be out of step with the magazine. i have no clue however why that would have anything to do with spin in the other article.

to be honest, I don't mind Joe as a cranky arrogant condescending senator. he's a decent guy to have on your side in a fight, but he's not a leader and not presidential timber imo. he's not as brainy as he pretends to be.

oddsmaven
10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
to be honest, I don't mind Joe as a cranky arrogant condescending senator. he's a decent guy to have on your side in a fight, but he's not a leader and not presidential timber imo. he's not as brainy as he pretends to be.
That's a fair answer...I'll try and remember to summon due respect towards you as we clash down the road...however if you could change your avatar & put Joe in a dignified suit :) .....aaaaahhh, that's asking too much.

slewis
10-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I thought electing Obama would restore our standing in the world?
Sounds like they are expecting it to attract trouble.

Powell said yesterday that we need a prez who will send a message to the world that America is "solid." Obama has been running down the country repeatedly, telling everyone that our best days are behind us. Is that the message we want to send? Remember the answer to the 7 year old girl? His speech in the Fatherland?

Rush just made a good point -

Al Qeda tested Clinton multiple times and we failed every test.
They tested Bush and we passed. No attack on our soil since then.

Wrong Tom.

The biggest attack on our land took place on BUSH"S watch. Our Govt got caught with their pants down, and when your in charge, guess what buddy, it's YOUR responsibility.. (as in BUSH's ). When this happened, he (and our other sissy ass leaders) were so clueless what was taking place, they ran and hid underground.
I worked on an upper floor of the world trade center and was there for first attack, fortunetly, I left to persue a career in racing. It saved my ass.
EVERYONE I WORKED WITH DIED... EVERYONE. Ask me how I feel about this.
I sat on the same trading desk as young guys with families who are now dead. Who is responsible?? I choose to go right to the top.
We were the second building hit. It should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED.
When you take the job as president of the US, you have that responsibility and the decisions made by our leaders on that tragic day were weak. GO LISTEN TO SOME OF THE ACTUAL CONVERSATIONS, incl the ones between the FAA and the military. No one knew what to do, like a bunch of boy scouts.
I could care less whether your a republican or democrat, this happens on your watch.. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE.. and the fact that he, as commander in chief, couldn't scramble fighter jets from Stewart air force base to thwart the second plane, (at that point ATC had a good idea what was taking place)because he's to busy running scared into some hole in the desert, shows what a real p---sy he is and has always been.
I could give a shi...t what party he's affiliated with.
I dont know how Bush sleeps at night... the worst presdient in the ABSOLUTE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY.

ddog
10-20-2008, 09:24 PM
s..

I am sorry for the people you knew that were murdered in that attack and the others as well, but you are too harsh on Bush , there are a set of "behaviours" that are separate when one gets into high gvt office, governor and on up and those are different from the avg private citizen.

If you or I were there on the scene I would hope we would pitch in and help , but I would not want the leadership of this country to run into that building.

There are systems in place and places for those people to be so they can hopefully remain calm and have all the info that we can get them.

I certainly think the whole system was not calibrated and is still not to the threats we did face and are facing , but that is not all on GW.

Maybe I got your meaning a bit scrambled, anyway that's mho.

We need so much less "heat" and much more thought into what we need to be doing going forward as regards the whole terror deal.

ddog
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM
So, please explain how insight, historical understanding, and curiosity would have prevented the Beirut Barracks bombing? President Clinton was often lauded for his superior intellect yet despite his insight, historical understanding and curiosity, this nation suffered attack after attack by terrorists. Why wasn't his intellect able to dissuade the terrorists from attacking the US?

many people including Mr Regans own Sec of Def at the time said we would be sitting ducks and be attacked if we went in there.

Mr Regan , however charged inspite of that.

One of the few things I disagreed with him on.

How you can maintain (it seems?) that ignorance and no understanding of the history and culture of a place is just peachy as long as one has courage and character is unreal.

Custer i guess had plenty of those qualities.

Also, do you know for a fact that no attacks were stopped during Clinton's era?

You really sure about that??

Boris
10-20-2008, 10:02 PM

Which explains why Plugs Biden has not held a press conference in over a month. Palin now takes more questions from the press than the racist Dem VP nominee.

JustRalph
10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
If anybody is interested in what Slewis is talking about, I found this book very interesting..........

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Touching+History%3A+The+Untold+Story+of+t he+Drama+That+Unfolded+in+the+Skies+Over+America+o n+9%2F11&x=10&y=24

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VufsnaeKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Tom
10-21-2008, 07:45 AM
So SLewis, everything fell apart in 9 months? That well-oiled system Clinton left just stopped functioning?

The whole plot hatched under Clinton's watch, and the whole Al Qeda growth and development occurred while Clinton got his rocks offs with fat girls. His failure to respond was at the bottom of 9-11. I'm sorry about those you lost, but at lest share the blame where it belongs. Had the security people in Boston down their job, this never would have happened. You can't blame one man for a an entire government failing.

Yes, Bush failed to clean up the mess BIlly left him in time.

slewis
10-21-2008, 09:20 AM
So SLewis, everything fell apart in 9 months? That well-oiled system Clinton left just stopped functioning?

The whole plot hatched under Clinton's watch, and the whole Al Qeda growth and development occurred while Clinton got his rocks offs with fat girls. His failure to respond was at the bottom of 9-11. I'm sorry about those you lost, but at lest share the blame where it belongs. Had the security people in Boston down their job, this never would have happened. You can't blame one man for a an entire government failing.

Yes, Bush failed to clean up the mess BIlly left him in time.

Tom,

The point I was driving home here is that anyone, myself included, would be a fool to think that this would not have occured if Clinton, Ford, Reagan, Eisenhower, or whoever was in the white house at the time. We elect the president and we expect better, especially during a critical crisis.
I remember reading that IKE used to keep that plackard on his desk that read "The buck stops here". The day you take office... YOU are in charge and YOU are responsible.
Tom, I think you and I would have been smart enough to get on the phone with our Military commanders and get fighter jets into the skies around the 6 or 7 major cities once you've been briefed that multiple hijackings have occured.
I said this before and I'll repeat it.. That second plane should never have made it to WTC-2.
We'll never know what Clinton, or whomever would have done, we just know what Buffoon Bush failed to.....

ddog
10-21-2008, 10:26 AM
If anybody is interested in what Slewis is talking about, I found this book very interesting..........

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Touching+History%3A+The+Untold+Story+of+t he+Drama+That+Unfolded+in+the+Skies+Over+America+o n+9%2F11&x=10&y=24

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VufsnaeKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

flatly contradicted by the facts, even the Gen retracted his own statements and admitted he had timelines incorrect.

Maybe a hollywood thriller can come out of it, that should do it for you.

Maybe both "Joes" can land a role in it.

Tom
10-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Tom,

I said this before and I'll repeat it.. That second plane should never have made it to WTC-2.
We'll never know what Clinton, or whomever would have done, we just know what Buffoon Bush failed to.....

And what should he have done? If you think Clinton would done anything differently, you are a dreamer. The response to this kind of think is not directed by the president. Our defense was designed to address threats coming in from outside our borders, and that is how some of the pilots reacted.

At that point in time, no one could have prevented the attack. It was too far along and to well planned. Unlike the 1993 attack on the WTC, Bush reacted forcefully enough to prevent any further attacks. Clinton did very little and we had numerous more attacks on our military and civilians .

And you know Obama will dismantle that whole network of prevention because he would rather 3,000 Americans die than get a terrorist's head wet.

My advise to NY'rs - stay out of tall buildings. We will be attacked again under an Obama reign.

JustRalph
10-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Don't forget that Bill Clinton had Osama in his sites 10 separate times and didn't pull the trigger................

Lefty
10-21-2008, 04:22 PM
No way Bush could have prevented that attack. Remember the wall? A Dem law that prevented all the separate agencies from communicating with each other? No way to put all the pieces together without the agencies communicating. But unlike Clinton, Bush went to war with the terrorists and put safeguards in place that has kept this country safe since that attack. Yet, the Dims and the Pravda press gives him no credit whatsoever! Deplorable.
That said, Slewis, I am deeply sorry for your loss.

ddog
10-21-2008, 05:07 PM
And what should he have done? If you think Clinton would done anything differently, you are a dreamer. The response to this kind of think is not directed by the president. Our defense was designed to address threats coming in from outside our borders, and that is how some of the pilots reacted.

At that point in time, no one could have prevented the attack. It was too far along and to well planned. Unlike the 1993 attack on the WTC, Bush reacted forcefully enough to prevent any further attacks. Clinton did very little and we had numerous more attacks on our military and civilians .

And you know Obama will dismantle that whole network of prevention because he would rather 3,000 Americans die than get a terrorist's head wet.

My advise to NY'rs - stay out of tall buildings. We will be attacked again under an Obama reign.

how about 300,000?

that's bunk and even you know it.

This country is so far away from safe....... and we of course can't be, really.
The security many "feel" is an illusion , just as the oceans will protect us was an illusion.

yet, no serious talk about it to try to lay out the threats and what we need to consider doing , none at all.

A failure of leadership from all sides that will come to haunt them all one day if it continues.

mark it down.

Marshall Bennett
10-21-2008, 05:59 PM
No country on this earth will ever be safe as long as terrorist lurk . With Obama in power , along with his bleeding heart crybabys in congress , terrorist will have an open invitation .

ArlJim78
10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
we don't have to worry about terrorism if Obama were to be elected. he knows many of them, his friend Ayers is buddies with people like Chavez and Castro.
BHO, will take a meeting with them and straighten out any misunderstandings.
after he cancels all the military projects like he promised, his motto, will be 'talk softly, and carry no stick'.

people like Putin will eat this guy for lunch while he's on the phone with his grandmother.

JustRalph
10-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Don't forget that Bill Clinton had Osama in his sites 10 separate times and didn't pull the trigger................

sights!! :bang:

ArlJim78
10-22-2008, 07:20 AM
you have to read the entire passage to truly appreciate this guy. he basically promises a crisis and that its going to look like they make the wrong decision to address it. (no shock there).

the donors sitting in that room must have been looking around at each other and squirming in their seats. and this guy was chosen for his experience. he is the experienced one that will be advising Obama?!
__________________________________________________ ___

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Not only will the next administration have to deal with foreign affairs issues, Biden warned, but also with the current economic crisis.

"Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'," Biden continued. "Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

Biden emphasized that the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border is of particular concern, with Osama bin Laden "alive and well" and Pakistan "bristling with nuclear weapons."

"You literally can see what these kids are up against, our kids in that region," Biden said in recalling when his helicopter was forced down due to a snowstorm there. "The place is crawling with al Qaeda. And it's real."

"We do not have the military capacity, nor have we ever, quite frankly, in the last 20 years, to dictate outcomes," he cautioned. "It's so much more important than that. It's so much more complicated than that. And Barack gets it."

"I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here," he joked.

"All kidding aside, these guys have left us in a God-awful place," he then said of the Bush regime, promptly wrapping up his remarks. "We have the ability to straighten it out. It's gonna take a little bit of time, so I ask you to stay with us. Stay with us."

Lefty
10-22-2008, 11:25 AM
When I heard Biden say it wouldn't be apparant they made the right decision, this popped into my mind.
Obama calls the ofending country: "Hello, this is President Obama. Yes, of the United States. Uh, That's Obama. We just want to be friends with you. Please please don't hurt us anymore. We'll do anytrhing, just stop. Yes, yes, we can get all that to you. Just don't use em on us. okay? Peace and love, Peace and love."

boxcar
10-22-2008, 11:42 AM
One is led to wonder that since NoBam is soooooooo very popular worldwide -- has gained the respect, admiration and support of virtually all the world leaders -- who is going to test him and why? I thought only one's enemies would do such a dastardly deed.

Boxcar

Tom
10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I thought the world would welcome us back into the fold if we elected Messiah, the one, the world citizen??????

Which is it, Barry-ba-bee???

If Barry is telling us that his election will not stop and terrorist activity, we better hold our noses and vote McCain. Because in a world crisis, I don't this inexperienced community organizer running the show.

I know Bush has been briefing both candidates, so it sounds like something real is in the wind.

ddog
10-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Is it STILL 1960?

If Nation States were the problem , then we wouldn't have many.

No "world leader" is going to directly test him on a set battlefield.

That's not the game anymore , hasn't been for a couple of decades.

LottaKash
10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I know Bush has been briefing both candidates, so it sounds like something real is in the wind.

I agree wholeheartedly with you Tom....Something so scary, is so close at hand, that most folks refuse to believe what they are witnessing right in front of their very eyes, even as we sit and read and write this.....

The Candidates "All", to my way thinking are all fill-in puppets at best...It almost seems to not matter who is running.....There is a general order of things that need to take place in order to completely change the nature of a government, and it is occuring right now.....I believe that just as it is with the "C-student" that curently occupies the power chair, the next ones are even more absurd, All.....I cannot for the life of me, make a case for any one of them to effectively lead our nation's way, in the current state of our nation and the world, as it is right now..........

I Pray daily,

best,

boxcar
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
As Paul exhorted, LK -- "pray without ceasing".

Boxcar

LottaKash
10-22-2008, 02:04 PM
-- "pray without ceasing".

Boxcar

Can I get an AMEN.......

best,

ddog
10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
you know about the prayer without actions deal , right?

to the streets!!

LottaKash
10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
to the streets!!

Getting close to that, just not yet, Americans are tough, and need to be screwed much, much more before that happens.......haha

Clinton sold out to the chinese, an election was rigged, a treasury is currently being looted by godless gangsters, unjust terrorist laws (that will prevent you from rioting) were passed after the big implosion in NYC, and now we are presented with feeble presidential candidates.......If this were a novel I would laugh, trouble is "Daniel-San", "this no tournament, this for real"

best,

Bubba X
10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Once the election is over, Joe will be on an 8-year vacation. A nice one and, mind you, one with a nice title but everyone knows the true second-in-command will be .50 Cent.

skate
10-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Tom,

The point I was driving home here is that anyone, myself included, would be a fool to think that this would not have occured if Clinton, Ford, Reagan, Eisenhower, or whoever was in the white house at the time. We elect the president and we expect better, especially during a critical crisis.
I remember reading that IKE used to keep that plackard on his desk that read "The buck stops here". The day you take office... YOU are in charge and YOU are responsible.
Tom, I think you and I would have been smart enough to get on the phone with our Military commanders and get fighter jets into the skies around the 6 or 7 major cities once you've been briefed that multiple hijackings have occured.

Welp, i think Tom puts it very nicely, gets the job done with little excess.

And and and , I'm not criticle here, but a few points i'd li9ke to add.

Ike, as the media declared, was always playing Golf, not much else.
Also, :D when Ike left office, he had to have someone show him "How to use the Telephone".

placards away all the day;)

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Once the election is over, Joe will be on an 8-year vacation. A nice one and, mind you, one with a nice title but everyone knows the true second-in-command will be .50 Cent.Whew....good thing I didn't post this, or I'd be labeled a racist. Are you a racist?

Tom
10-22-2008, 11:01 PM
skate,
I understand where slewis is coming from. I respect his opinion, and he was closer to 9-11 than I was. That gives him good reason to feel that way. I just think it goes deeper than that, and in light of our recent financial meltdown, it is apparent our government has failed at every level.

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Whew....good thing I didn't post this, or I'd be labeled a racist. Are you a racist?
What do you think?

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2008, 07:23 PM
What do you think?I don't know you well enough to come to any conclusion. But a post like that...well...let's just say, if I had made that post...there would probably be some issues.

skate
10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
skate,
I understand where slewis is coming from. I respect his opinion, and he was closer to 9-11 than I was. That gives him good reason to feel that way. I just think it goes deeper than that, and in light of our recent financial meltdown, it is apparent our government has failed at every level.

And I respect your opinion, you know that.
I was not being criticle of any opinion, rather , i was just stating some facts.

For me to answer "financial meltdown", i'd need a specific. The economy has slowed, the gdp could have a negative Q, even more, but the specific would have to state "a reason for the (called) Meltdown".
I really do not see a Meltdown, but, what's a meltdown.
# months ago, Everyone said "I fear INFLATION", what happen?
# months ago, everyone was yelping, " Gov. interferes", now people ask for more regulation, while Congress makes the law.

I'm not finding fault with any opinion and mistakes could be found with ANY previous administration.

A problem comes about, most likel;y because the People cause a problem, thenwe can hope for a solution for a problem that Never occured Before.
Like the Air Plane waiting to be shot down, it's an easy call from our viewpoint Now, but...