PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Weather conditions forecast for Breeders Cup

NoCal Boy
10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
You have to love sunny California. Blue skies and temps in the low 80's forecast for BC days.

Bruddah
10-19-2008, 12:59 PM
This forecast will jinx it for sure. :eek: :D

DanG
10-19-2008, 02:55 PM
You have to love sunny California. Blue skies and temps in the low 80's forecast for BC days.
Shhhhh…Keep this to yourself.

People are determined not to enjoy this. ;)

Thanks So Cal. :ThmbUp:

W2G
10-19-2008, 05:44 PM
And no impact from wildfires that I can tell.

That thin layer of ash covering my past performances (and head and shoulders) didn't help matters in '03.

JustRalph
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
I got roasted for screaming about the weather at Monmouth in October. Prior to the Breeders Cup. I said it might even snow and got laughed at.

Then it turned out to be the most awful weather for a Breeders cup.........and then the pundits jumped in and screamed after the races.

I figured they would go west....... but I didn't' think they would assign it for two years to the same place.......... a little over-reaction to the weather?

cj
10-19-2008, 09:47 PM
......... a little over-reaction to the weather?

I think mostly nobody else wanted it.

showbet
10-22-2008, 05:56 PM
...temps in the low 80's forecast for BC days.

I hope they're right. The current forecast says high of 89 on Friday and 87 on Saturday. Current temp, from weather.com:

Right Now for
Arcadia, CA

98°F
Feels Like
98°F

Updated Oct 22 02:45 p.m. PT

Probably feels like 198 on that track.

Cam Fella
10-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Myself and a few buddies want to make some bets on Friday and Saturday. Any help would be appreciated. Two horses per race would be nice.

NoCal Boy
10-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Remember the BC races start at 10AM PST so the real heat of the day will not occur until the late races. The beauty of California are the nights and early mornings are usually very comfortable.

I hope they're right. The current forecast says high of 89 on Friday and 87 on Saturday. Current temp, from weather.com:

Right Now for
Arcadia, CA

98°F
Feels Like
98°F

Updated Oct 22 02:45 p.m. PT

Probably feels like 198 on that track.

sally
10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
So does anyone know which horses can't handle the heat?

joelouis
10-23-2008, 01:15 AM

I like like 2 minutes from the track, today was hot its always warm in sunny california. I think that the euro's have time to adjust to the track, the turf should be very very hard. Enjoy the weather. And don't forget to stop off at the 101 club a real dive.

joelouis
10-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Myself and a few buddies want to make some bets on Friday and Saturday. Any help would be appreciated. Two horses per race would be nice.

Just look at the forum and pick out some handicapper good as any for pics. Do your home work and pic your own.

onefast99
10-23-2008, 07:32 AM
I got roasted for screaming about the weather at Monmouth in October. Prior to the Breeders Cup. I said it might even snow and got laughed at.

Then it turned out to be the most awful weather for a Breeders cup.........and then the pundits jumped in and screamed after the races.

I figured they would go west....... but I didn't' think they would assign it for two years to the same place.......... a little over-reaction to the weather?
MP did have sunshine when the post parade came on the track for the Classic.