PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Obama's 95 Percent

Boris
10-18-2008, 01:32 PM
The bullshit flag needs to be thrown on this claim at every turn.

http://www.spectator.org/archives/2008/10/16/searching-for-obamas-95-percen

Snippage:

So when Plouffe reiterated the 95 percent claim, I asked him a simple question aimed at clarifying whether Obama's tax plan was about cutting rates, or merely handing out government checks. "What rates would actually go down"? I asked.

"Middle class people are going to see, systemically, their taxes reduced, and small businesses," Plouffe responded.

"But what rate would go down for lower-income Americans?" I persisted, seeking more information.

"We'll have to get you the exact details on that," Obama's campaign manager told me.

I followed up, recapping the claim he had just made moments ago: "Well, you said that there's going to be a tax cut on 95 percent, so what rate would go down?"

He replied, "I'll have to get you the exact rate differential."

Given that he wasn't clear on the actual rate changes involved, I asked, "but which type of tax would go down?"

He insisted that under Obama's plan, income taxes would be lower, as well as capital gains taxes on start up businesses and small entrepreneurs (though the capital gains tax would otherwise increase).

The Obama tax cut is written in the same invisible ink the Clinton tax cut was. Even his own people know there is no tax CUT coming.

ElKabong
10-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I fully expect Mccain to win.

But if 0bama wins, this will be his "read my lips" F up, come 2012.

witchdoctor
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM
One of my patients told me that he is always weary when a politicain says he is going to raise taxes on the "Fat Cats." "By their definition,I always become a fat cat and I barely get by." :bang: :bang: