PDA

View Full Version : Talk about Bad Racing Luck

Charlie
10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
At Yonkers, I went 3 for 4 in my last 9 Pic 4s. I was lucky to collect 3 of 4 one time on Thursday, Oct 9th. That one paid $500, but I certainly missed some very big ones. Last night again losing just the 9th race. I had the 4, 7 and 8 going and they finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The 8 was a bomb and didn't miss by that much. Just so frustrating and I needed someone to vent to.

LottaKash
10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
At Yonkers, I went 3 for 4 in my last 9 Pic 4s. I was lucky to collect 3 of 4 one time on Thursday, Oct 9th. That one paid $500, but I certainly missed some very big ones. Last night again losing just the 9th race. I had the 4, 7 and 8 going and they finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The 8 was a bomb and didn't miss by that much. Just so frustrating and I needed someone to vent to.

Charlie, consider yourself "vented".......:jump: .......

One would think that you are certainly due, but to use an old addage, "the rent is due" and maybe the "the baby is due", but the the pick-4 is never due........Tough luck, wow last-9, 3/4, you are due Charlie......:jump:

I would suggest prayer, but I don't think God gets involved with stuff like this.......:jump:

Just out of curiosity, with so many winners, did you you have any win action going for you ?......For me, that is my first priority, as it helps me maintain an equilifbrium between feeling successful and suffering from a lack of confidence or an unwarranted sense of frustration.....With so many winners, I would want to get paid somehow.....How about pick 3"s ? (haha)

Maybe this is your day.......maybe......:jump: .....gotta be, you are DUE.....

best,

Charlie
10-17-2008, 04:44 PM
LK... Actually I live 10 minutes away from Rockingham Park. I usually run in and play the Pick 4 in the 7th through 10th races at Yonkers. I buy my tickets and usually go home and view the races on television. The answer to your question about win action is mostly no. The reason being is I part wheel the Pick 4. For example, last night I part wheeled the 1/1,2/4,7,8/2,4 for a cost of $12.00. Like usual, I had 3 winners, but no win action on any of them. If I stay at the track and one of my selections is a decent price, yes I will definitely bet to win. But anyway, my misses were so frustrating because the horses I missed on usually finished 2nd. Case in point, last night. My wife is sick of listening to me, so I thought I'd vent here. Thanks for listening.

LottaKash
10-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Charlie, I was just curious......What you said and how you do it, makes so much sense......

As far as venting I understand completely....I have given up (mostly) on relating my comings and goings in the horse-world to my wife....Sometimes I may wear a certain look and my wife will humourously & sarcastically, say something like, "what's the matter ?, it looks like your 21/1 shot just lost by a nose", and she would be right.....hehe.......

Charlie, given your recent record you are "DUE"........:lol:

best,

Charlie
10-17-2008, 11:21 PM
My frustrations continues. At Yonkers, once again played 6,6,5,8 in races 7 through 10. Three in a row and the 8 finishes second. A longtime horse player is about to give them up. My luck is just awful. Now even my wife feels badly for me. I cannot believe this keeps happening.

098poi
10-18-2008, 04:45 AM
I feel your pain. I think we all do. But with all due respect the notion that the outcome of a race is somehow tied to yours or my bad luck is one of self centeredness. The results would have been the same whether you wagered or not. On a daily basis hearts are broken, and many times continuously by a horse that loses by inches. Here is a link to a post I had back in March, where the stars seemed to align against me! (More my stupidity than any cosmic conspiracy)
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44836

I suggest you take some time off from your pick 4 wagers and don't even check the results as to what "would have been".

Good Luck! (Oops)

LottaKash
10-18-2008, 05:52 AM
My frustrations continues. At Yonkers, once again played 6,6,5,8 in races 7 through 10. Three in a row and the 8 finishes second. A longtime horse player is about to give them up. My luck is just awful. Now even my wife feels badly for me. I cannot believe this keeps happening.

piCK 3............:jump:

best,

Charlie
10-18-2008, 08:31 AM
098poi.... read your past post and things like that continually drive us crazy about horse racing. Seems to happen quite often. I woke up this morning and and like always, feel a fresh start could be awaiting. A quick story follows.

Back in my younger days when I was a member of the National Guard, we were put on alert. I had to report to my Armory immediately. I'll always remember that Wednesday when the phone rang. I was just walking out the door to leave for Rockingham Park. I was following this horse that I felt was about to win. I had already bet him 3 times and tonight I just knew I would collect my big score. The Horse won and paid $48.00 and I couldn't get in a bet. Believe me, before leaving my house I tried. Needless to say, I was sick. I should have known then that horse race betting could be a heartbreaking game.....