PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for President Bush; What a great guy

JustRalph
10-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Oil prices dropped to the lowest level in 14 months today.

Gas prices have dropped a dollar in the last 2 months.......... that is a 25% cut. Oil prices are now down 50% since the top mark.

I am sure that all of those who blamed President Bush for rising Gas prices will now join this thread and celebrate his incredible victory over Gas prices. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :lol: :bang: :ThmbUp:

Nancy Pelosi issued a statement saying President Bush and Republicans were responsible for higher gas prices when the prices started going up. I am sure that she will be authoring a statement of praise for Bush sometime tomorrow morning. I look forward to reading it................... :ThmbUp:

sammy the sage
10-16-2008, 11:25 PM
^^^^^

Well...you've been RAPED...oh by the way...here's your vaseoline...AFTER the fact...you SHOULD be thankful! :lol: :( :mad:

Tom
10-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey Ralph...:jump::jump:Bush :jump::jump:

Seriously, you make a very valid point. I challenge any of the horsemen of their pep squad trainees to explain how anything other than the repubs and Bush brought down the price of oil, that is, unless, they had no hand in raising it to begin with. Boys?

NJ Stinks
10-17-2008, 02:07 AM
I said a few months ago that gas prices would drop before the election. Namely because the oil powers that be have no rea$on to want Republicans to lose Washington.

So now gas prices have dropped. Amazing. :sleeping:

Let's see what the price of gas is next February. That should be a true indicator of GWB's "incredible victory over Gas prices".

riskman
10-17-2008, 03:09 AM
By GEORGE JAHN – 16 hours ago

VIENNA, Austria (AP) — Oil prices fell to a nearly 14-month low Thursday as bad U.S. economic news stoked fears that a significant global economic slowdown will undermine demand for crude.

Concerns over the economy overrode growing expectations that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries could opt to cut back production in an effort to shore up prices.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i5TtajgUpSm7KY5jf-lCJGHBB-tAD93RL82G1

Good news on lower prices---then again will OPEC cut back production causing shortages.

dav4463
10-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Some of you just hate Bush don't you? I like Bush.

hcap
10-17-2008, 05:40 AM
If we reward George W Churchill for low gas prices, we have to also reward him for taking Clintons' DJ average from 11,000 to below 9000

rastajenk
10-17-2008, 06:08 AM
11,000? Is that all the higher Bill could raise it to, after eight years of peace and prosperity on top of a tech revolution? Looks like it was highest during his lame-duck period.

hcap
10-17-2008, 06:22 AM
We have been thru' this before. Clinton went from approx 3,000 to 11,000.

hcap
10-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Oh yeah

sammy the sage
10-17-2008, 07:37 AM
^^^^^^

HCAP....you THE man....hit those figure people BELOW the belt with EVEN more FIGURE'S....

and they become QUIET as a church mouse..... :lol: :D

Tom
10-17-2008, 07:42 AM
I notice that, like OBama, hcap dodges the question. Predictable.

And NJ, you actually believe Bush can control world-wide oil prices? :lol::lol::lol: Man, how many bridges do you own?

DanG
10-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Wow Ralph…

Isn’t that the same math that the 400 pound man uses when he drops 50lbs?

It’s always interesting when you hold both existing “sides” in contempt to see the fun with numbers both use.

prospector
10-17-2008, 09:10 AM
unless you live in indiana...
i just drove to indy from arizona...i paid from $2.49/gal to $2.79 thru new mexico, oklahoma, missouri, ill...get back here and its $2.96/gal..:bang:

ddog
10-17-2008, 10:06 AM
go back and look at postings I made about global oil speculation.
It was right on.

The amount of oil "on hand" both then and now was enough to handle the supply.
If lifting a decree was the key, then why would your hero have waited years while you suffered.

Took 5 minutes and the stroke of a pen.
With friends like that........

You had a commodity bubble across almost all sectors.
The "big dumb wall o money".
Bubbles burst......

Now if you want to make some money check for the very very early signs of economies turning up and get long in commoditites.

Since it appears that most everyone is slowing at the same time there is good chance several will turn at the same time.

Oil will be right back and we will still be borrowing to send money to others for it.

JustRalph
10-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow Ralph…

Isn’t that the same math that the 400 pound man uses when he drops 50lbs?

Dan, leave my weight out of this............

DanG
10-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Dan, leave my weight out of this............

LOL… :D

When I read your thread again Ralph I think your pointing out the absurd math both parties use to politicize their agendas.

If that’s the theme, sign me up!!! :ThmbUp:

BTW: Side bar speaking of weight related issues; I just got back from food shopping…WOW is all I can say….wow to the price of goods. :eek: :faint: :(

delayjf
10-17-2008, 12:05 PM
unless you live in indiana...
Or Califfornia.....3.19 is the lowest I've seen.

JustRalph
10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
When I read your thread again Ralph I think your pointing out the absurd math both parties use to politicize their agendas.

If that’s the theme, sign me up!!! :ThmbUp:(

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: now you got it!!

Tom
10-17-2008, 01:26 PM
$3.12 here today......Thank You GEORGE BUSH !!! :lol:

I bought my new car on the basis of all the money I was going to be saving on gas at $4+ a gallon.......I see now how Wall Street got so screwed up!:mad:

boxcar
10-17-2008, 01:27 PM
I said a few months ago that gas prices would drop before the election. Namely because the oil powers that be have no rea$on to want Republicans to lose Washington.

So now gas prices have dropped. Amazing. :sleeping:

Let's see what the price of gas is next February. That should be a true indicator of GWB's "incredible victory over Gas prices".

"February"!? After he's out of office!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Marshall Bennett
10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
$2.88 here , diesel a lot cheaper now as well ... thanks to George . Well Done !!

ddog
10-17-2008, 02:10 PM
oil up 4.00?

Opec - will they sell oil at 76 perB , would you, why not 80-90 perB.?
Same oil.
Well done George, for a fall of gas prices it takes a recession,Well done indeed.

You can run along for a long while... but they gonna cut you down......

Marshall Bennett
10-17-2008, 02:38 PM
There ya go . Blaiming poor ol George for the recession . As if George ( or any other president ) would have dared to step in and prevent banks from offering loans to deadbeats , or prevented bogus mortgages , or cancelled millions of credit cards . You're blaiming one man for all of this , how naive .

ddog
10-17-2008, 02:51 PM
There ya go . Blaiming poor ol George for the recession . As if George ( or any other president ) would have dared to step in and prevent banks from offering loans to deadbeats , or prevented bogus mortgages , or cancelled millions of credit cards . You're blaiming one man for all of this , how naive .

I didn't blame one man, i said it took a recession to cause falling oil prices.

He happens to be around.
You guys are the ones that assessed causation to Bush , i just lay out the facts, baby.
I said it took a recession.
Just because Bush was in office did not cause it.
You drew that as you would be want to.

Tom
10-17-2008, 03:15 PM
My GOD, George Bush is AWESOME!!!!
He drove gas prices down 50%, no more headlines from Iraq, caused the single biggest market gainer day....the man is amazing. Why, I heard even the price of rutabagas is down 25%!!!:eek::jump:

Marshall Bennett
10-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Pelosi must be dying inside seeing all this good fortune on George's behalf . :)

Tom
10-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Nancy helped the biggest market gain day, though. She adjourned the House and the next day the record as set! :lol:

Congress leaves town and the market soars! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2008, 06:52 PM
If we reward George W Churchill for low gas prices, we have to also reward him for taking Clintons' DJ average from 11,000 to below 9000I never heard or saw you credit him for taking it from 11,000 to 14,000+....or better yet, from 8,000 to 14,000+ after 9/11

It's weird how selective your memory can be!

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I didn't blame one man, i said it took a recession to cause falling oil prices.Wait, I thought the recession started in October 2007? This doesn't make any sense. You're blaming falling oil prices on the recession, yet you also think the recession started last year. Oil prices skyrocketed in July of 2008.

How to reconcile?

I do know that oil prices started to CRATER the MINUTE Republicans led the charge for more drilling here in the U.S.

But nah, that probably has nothing to do with the price of oil. It's just a coincidence. The recession that started over one year ago (according to your beliefs) as everything to do with it....

And here I thought markets were forward-looking mechanisms.

sammy the sage
10-17-2008, 08:25 PM
"""I just got back from food shopping…WOW is all I can say….wow to the price of goods."""

According to SEVERAL Bush apologist'(s) on this thread...there's been little, hardly any inflation....because the OFFICIAL #'s say so...

BUT..........

the above statement speaks..."oh contrare"...

as do the ACTUAL price's in the grocery store ect....

by the way...Fertilizer I use in business...went from $45 to $72...

BUT...then again...ACCORDING to OFFICIAL #'s...inflation is at less than 5%.

DANGER Will Robinson...Does not COMPUTE...

But hey...ACCORDING to aft-before mentioned APOLOGIST'(S)...we're TECHNICALLY not in a RECESSION either... :bang: :lol: :p

JustRalph
10-17-2008, 08:35 PM
by the way...Fertilizer I use in business...went from $45 to $72...

Your a fertilizer salesman? Wow, what an opportunity to comment......... :lol:

Wow, this is tough............you know what momma said.....if you can't say something..................

Steve 'StatMan'
10-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Gas by me, NW Suburbs 1mi from AP, $3.44 tonight.

ddog
10-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Wait, I thought the recession started in October 2007? This doesn't make any sense. You're blaming falling oil prices on the recession, yet you also think the recession started last year. Oil prices skyrocketed in July of 2008.

How to reconcile?

I do know that oil prices started to CRATER the MINUTE Republicans led the charge for more drilling here in the U.S.

But nah, that probably has nothing to do with the price of oil. It's just a coincidence. The recession that started over one year ago (according to your beliefs) as everything to do with it....

And here I thought markets were forward-looking mechanisms.

Pa,

I get it, only one or the other could fit.

You think the world and market pricing starts and stops on a dime, that's cerrtainly your right.
I am sure you will find posts of mine on this board where I said I thought the oil was a commod bubble outside of normal price/supply. I have not changed in that belief and if anything i think recent price moves have affirmed that belief.

You maintain i guess from your comment that a commod bubble can't occur during a recession?
You maintain that seasonal draws don't change prices , even outside of consumption?
You maintain that a recession would not help to lower oil prices due to less consumption.
You maintain all that would have no effect on oil markets since they are not looking forward as you said above.

Ok, I got you now , you are getting your material from Letterman.

As to leading the charge, If that's all it took , then I am still waiting for what TOOK THEM SO LONG???
Why keep the "good fortune" from you poor bastards for so long when a simple declaration along with no action or plan would cut oil in half the next week???

Seems so simple even one of those rutas you guys bandy about could have stumbled into that several years ago.

Tom
10-17-2008, 08:50 PM
$3.04 on my way home tonight. Long lines, though.

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I get it, only one or the other could fit.Oh, I certainly don't believe this, but what prompted my comment was this reply of yours:

"I didn't blame one man, i said it took a recession to cause falling oil prices."

You could see where I might get the idea that you are stating "only one could fit."

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2008, 10:19 PM
But hey...ACCORDING to aft-before mentioned APOLOGIST'(S)...we're TECHNICALLY not in a RECESSION either... :bang: :lol: :pNo, we're not in a recession. We're in a recovery. The recession is over.

Now, I am going to keep repeating the above until, eventually, I'm right. And make no mistake, someday I will be right.

Just like ya'll kept repeating "we're in a recession" even though the numbers never jibed, but now it looks like you might be right. It took over a year, but you eventually turned out to be correct.

Just like me! :jump:

Ain't this fun?

wonatthewire1
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
$3.04 on my way home tonight. Long lines, though.

$2.89 here this morning but our gas tax is very low (only tax in NJ that is :lol: )

Maybe the Hummer dealer will reopen :jump:

I might take the Alpina B7 out for a ride today :jump:

wonatthewire1
10-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Your a fertilizer salesman? Wow, what an opportunity to comment......... :lol:

Wow, this is tough............you know what momma said.....if you can't say something..................

maybe he's in landscaping or farming - 2 pretty difficult jobs these days

with the first, you've got all the illegals undercutting the citizen workers; we've let them all in - and if possible, we'll build the fence on the Mex border so we can keep the cheap labor in!

wishing you well sammy - its difficult being a small business owner in the US of A

JustRalph
10-18-2008, 03:39 PM
wishing you well sammy - its difficult being a small business owner in the US of A

That we can agree on.............