barn32
10-16-2008, 11:12 AM

DRIVEWAY
10-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Barn

Thanks for sharing Family Photo:lol:

ddog
10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
flying pigs can be mighty tough criters to digest, all that exercise......

Greyfox
10-16-2008, 01:02 PM
The story goes:
"In 1284, while the town of Hamelin was suffering from a rat infestation, a man dressed in pied[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pied_Piper_of_Hamelin#cite_note-0) garments appeared, claiming to be a rat-catcher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat-catcher). He promised the townsmen a solution for their problem with the rats. The townsmen in turn promised to pay him for the removal of the rats. The man accepted, and thus played a musical pipe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_pipes) to lure the rats with a song into the Weser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weser) River, where all of them drowned. Despite his success, the people reneged on their promise and refused to pay the rat-catcher. The man left the town angrily, but returned some time later, seeking revenge.
While the inhabitants were in church, he played his pipe again, this time attracting the children of Hamelin. One hundred and thirty boys and girls followed him out of the town, where they were lured into a cave and never seen again."

See any similarities here. Today's youth are following Pied Piper Obama to
Never Nevertaxland. Frightening. Also note the "Ham" in Hamelin. Pipe playing pigs.

OTM Al
10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Um...that's a pretty bad analogy considering the piper got the job done and then just took his revenge because the people screwed him over....just my interpretation

ddog
10-16-2008, 01:18 PM
actually when one replaces "the piper" with the Fed gvt and CHina/Saudi/Ruskies it does kind of work out.

We have been played into massive dependence by the above plus others too numerous to list and the "children" for sure (if anyone does) will pay for our parade.

OTM Al
10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Not even then does it really work. The piper accomplished what he set out to do. They didn't pay him for the job though. It was the greed of the people that he took his revenge against. This is a story of greed and pettiness and the piper isn't the bad guy until they make him one.

JustRalph
10-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I apoligize for Barn and his offensive post towards our Jewish and Muslim friends here on the board

Greyfox
10-16-2008, 02:14 PM
The story has many levels of morality.

First of all, an altruistic piper would remove the rats from town for free.
A greedy piper would want reimbursement.
So it turns out that the piper wasn't altruistic. He wanted his pound of flesh.
He took the children.

A modern day piper could remove the rats from Washington,
chanting "A change, a change that we can believe in."
But is he doing it altruistically, or for hidden motives?

What is the agenda of an individual who's been conflicted by the color of his skin, of feeling alienated from his classmates because of race, of finding a home in a Church that's website says they are devoted to Africa, and associations with a Pentagon bomber, Chicago Fraudster and has a wife that wrote a thesis about race issues?
Just what is this Piper's agenda?
He might be the greatest Piper on earth and sincere in his ideas.
Then again he might be a Trojan horse.

I don't know enough about this guy to trust him. I know enough about John McCain's warts to give him a thumbs up.

OTM Al
10-16-2008, 02:24 PM
An altruistic piper never got to the town because he starved to death because he never got paid for his work. The piper was a capitalist. He wanted paid for his work. When they screwed him over, he exacted his payment in another way. The only moral of the story is don't screw over people who do work to help you out because you never know what you might be dealing with. And by the way, there is no true altruism. When a wealthy man gives away money, that is because the satifaction and/or praise he gets from doing so is worth more to him than whatever else he could have done with the money. Yes, I was trained as an economist.

Greyfox
10-16-2008, 02:28 PM
And by the way, there is no true altruism. When a wealthy man gives away money, that is because the satifaction and/or praise he gets from doing so is worth more to him than whatever else he could have done with the money. Yes, I was trained as an economist.

You were an economist trained on Ayn Rand.
There are some self-sacrificing people. Many of them are in soldier's grave yards.
They give of self, and don't live to enjoy it. Oh, well, Ayn wasn't right on everything.

Tom
10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Post of the month!

Hats off, Grey one! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

OTM Al
10-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Ayn Rand is self serving garbage. Being a soldier is a job with its own rewards, just as being a teacher, cop, fireman or accountant. Society needs all these things to function and people make choices which role they wish to play based on their own valuations. Btw have you ever thought about politics? That was a pretty good misdirection.

Tom
10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Being a soldier is much more than a job. It is a dedication, especially in times of war. Another reason why Obama is a disgrace to this country - he is trying to equate community service to defending your country. Sorry, Barry, but you have no clue. He thinks some one picks up garbage in the hood should get the same college opportunity as one who puts his life on the line. That is a slap in the face of those great Americans who really love this country, and sacrifice for it, unlike the garbage we have running congress and the fool trying to smooth his way into the White House. Picking up garbage off your street is your obligation. Picking up a rifle and walking into harm's way for a cause is an honor.

OTM Al
10-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Sorry Tom, but I think there are a lot of honorable things people do in this country. Being a soldier is one. But picking up a book and teaching a child is an honorable profession too. Going to work and doing whatever it is you do to feed and cloth and house your family is an honorable thing as well. I don't look down on soldiers. I respect the decision they've made to choose that occupation. But I won't put them on a holy pedastal either. They are citizens of this country like you or I and there services are neccessary, but so are everyone elses.

Greyfox
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
There was a time though when becoming a soldier wasn't a choice.
Many of those lads didn't want to go but did.
Some of them died, not wanting to be there at all, but during acts of braveness protecting their fellow soldiers in combat. That was altruism.

BTW, John McCain had the option of "getting out of jail free."
Hanoi noted his connections in the Navy.
He refused knowing that others in the camp had been there before him and were more entitled to to. That was altruism.

If John McCain is to win here, it will come down to Trust Issues.
I trust John.

Tom
10-16-2008, 03:30 PM
How many garbage men risk their lives every day on their routes?
If they don't show up for work, any damn fool can do their job.
Try replacing trained soldier.

lamboguy
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
all mccain has to do is forget about running against obama and run against bush, he can't lose!

never mind terrorists, or crazy preachers, just act like he did last night and he smokes him. obamas could sweet talk the public all he wants, all maccain has to do is explain how much of a bum bush was and obamas will be worse.

ddog
10-16-2008, 04:52 PM
There was a time though when becoming a soldier wasn't a choice.
Many of those lads didn't want to go but did.
Some of them died, not wanting to be there at all, but during acts of braveness protecting their fellow soldiers in combat. That was altruism.

BTW, John McCain had the option of "getting out of jail free."
Hanoi noted his connections in the Navy.
He refused knowing that others in the camp had been there before him and were more entitled to to. That was altruism.

If John McCain is to win here, it will come down to Trust Issues.
I trust John.

You are reaching, I don't think you really meant altruism?
Maybe loyalty or duty and I will tell you that at a certain point it's just fear, not of being killed , but you don't want to be "seen" as the weak sister.

Maybe some cast their lot for altruistic reasons but .......

WaHoo
10-16-2008, 05:09 PM
the pied pipper reminds of a story about a town that had hundreds of
thousands Pigeons and they couldn't get rid of them , until one day a
man came to town and said he would get rid of them for free, But if
they asked one question it would cost a million dollars.
he went outside and took out a Blue pigeon and threw it in the air,
it circled a round a couple times and flew off with all the pigeons following it.
the mayor said i need to ask you a question and he said it would cost.

the mayor asked do you have a Blue Mexican :lol: :lol:

OTM Al
10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
There is no question that Mr McCain was a brave man. But I see no altruism in what he did. He had plenty of reasons for what he was doing, dishonoring himself and his father by taking that deal was likely part of it. Remember too, he did break at one point. Anyone that would hold that against him though is a complete ass because none of us could even imagine what he was going through. But for standing up like he did he got something valuable in return. He kept his honor and respect and that of his fellow inmates. That's not altruism. That's making a decision and selecting to do what is more valuable to oneself.

I am very disturbed by the idea that some seem to have that one is more valuable than another citizen because he or she is a soldier. In this country, soldiers answer to citizens. That is part of having a viable democracy. When citizens start having to answer to soldiers, we no longer have that. We owe gratitude to soldiers, that I don't deny, but we don't owe then worship and the place of better among equals. And I certainly don't think having been a soldier qualifies someone more to be in office than not being one. Good leaders can come from any walk of life, as can bad.

See, you really would have been good at politics because all I was talking about before was the moral of an old story and you've managed to turn me to a different subject rather than defending your interpretation.

Greyfox
10-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Good leaders can come from any walk of life, as can bad.

Didn't Obama have the job of leading a Foreign Affairs Senate sub-committee whose task was to review Afghanistan? He didn't call one meeting in two years.
Now that's leadership.

Greyfox
10-16-2008, 05:32 PM
There is no question that Mr McCain was a brave man. But I see no altruism in what he did. ion.

How could you see altruism in what anyone does? You've already told us that you believe altruism doesn't exist. The mind can't see what it doesn't believe.

Tom
10-16-2008, 09:43 PM
I am very disturbed by the idea that some seem to have that one is more valuable than another citizen because he or she is a soldier.

I find it very disturbing that some don't. But it explains the cancer that is liberalism.

Tom
10-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Didn't Obama have the job of leading a Foreign Affairs Senate sub-committee whose task was to review Afghanistan? He didn't call one meeting in two years.
Now that's leadership.

He said there no need to, that Biden was doing more than enough on his committee. :rolleyes:

juanepstein
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
pigs can fly!

ive seen it.:cool:

ddog
10-17-2008, 10:33 AM
How could you see altruism in what anyone does? You've already told us that you believe altruism doesn't exist. The mind can't see what it doesn't believe.

Nope , it's actually the mind that can see it, you filter it through what you do believe.

back to the wood shed for you.

ddog
10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
I find it very disturbing that some don't. But it explains the cancer that is liberalism.

so you would save a soldier as opposed to a child , when most everyone of them i run with would do exactly the opposite?

Greyfox
10-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Nope , it's actually the mind that can see it, you filter it through what you do believe.

back to the wood shed for you.

Dah. :bang: I think that you'd better learn to read deeper. I think I said the same as the above but in different words, except I happen to believe that the mind has beliefs.
Also, earlier, in a post of yours that I didn't bother to correct, when I said altruism, I meant altruism.

chickenhead
10-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Damn. I got all excited when I saw this, it was the best reason I'd yet seen to maybe want to vote for McCain.

Obama accuses McCain of wanting to cut Medicare

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Friday that Republican rival John McCain wants to cut $882 billion from Medicare over a decade.

In response, McCain's campaign issued a statement saying Obama was "simply lying."

Someone wake me up when the Republicans (re? naww) discover their gonads when it comes to spending.

wes
10-17-2008, 04:50 PM
OK gents, cut the bull shit. It is a proven fact the only people that Obama can govern are the people working for ACORN. People whom pay no tax and many have no jobs. How can he promise them a tax cut? He wants to pay them from the fruits of others labor. Another thing! They are always talking about we need to educate the children. Hell fellows less face the truth. Those children must have some learning ability. Instead of no child left behind. We have become a nation of don't give a dam about our smarter students. We have held them back due to some dam stupid quoter or some dumbed down law. We can go on for days about what things are not working now days. Even our elected officials have become a drag on the American people whom they are suppose to be working for. They seem to think that no one out side of government has any dam sense at all. It's time for the American public pull together and have an ass kicking party in Washington DC.

wes

JustRalph
10-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Obama is going to give people who don't pay taxes a check for a grand every year...............

What the hell ??????

Tom
10-17-2008, 07:13 PM
...It's time for the American public pull together and have an ass kicking party in Washington DC.

wes

Let's show our support for Obama and the dem congress.

Marshall Bennett
10-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Obama is going to give people who don't pay taxes a check for a grand every year...............

What the hell ??????
Sounds like McGovern all over again , except he half way knew what he was doing .

wonatthewire1
10-17-2008, 07:25 PM

What the hell ??????

I think you're leaving off a zero - word out there is 10 grand

I was hoping they would by a bunch of Ford Focus cars and hand 'em out so my recent stake in Ford's stock would go up or something like that. Would be better to give 'em a car

fast4522
10-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I do not see any guns on them pigs, they look like left wing pigs to me. What if every single gun owner votes. Do you think people will cry what a racist country
we are or will it just be like a silent fart that no one expected?

hcap
10-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Looks like a McCain rally

Is that you Tom with the burning cross?

Marshall Bennett
10-18-2008, 11:48 AM
no no no .... those are angry Obamians following McCains upset win on election night .

Suff
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
no no no .... those are angry Obamians following McCains upset win on election night .

Seeing as you gamble you should know the odds of cashing on Nov. 4th.

This is from 538.

Forget the 90% that Obama wins popular vote , or the 34% chance of an Obama landslide

Pay attention to Obama loses Ohio and Florida , 61% chance he still wins.

Anything can happen, Americans are fickle. But something MUST happen for McCain to have any chance.