PDA

View Full Version : IT REALLY IS GOING TO GET BAD OUT HERE , ISN'T IT?

pktruckdriver
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Now I can put up link after link of news story stating the doom and gloom, coming, same thing I have been saying for awhile, due only to my dealing at the docks of American Businessess.

I saw the lay-offs, the freight cut-backs and all out plant closures, trucking companies closing , and yet I was told do not worry the numbers are OKay.

Well it is time to worry is it not, my job could well be in jepordy, I will most likey change companies again and again to find a stable one, one that can survive, and do what's needed to make it.

They say Recession is not Depression, but it sure does seem the same, one leads to the other, whether actual or mentally, one can become depressed of this situation, with good right to.

Now I would think not too many lower class people are on this board, there is me of course, but I would think those here ,( are mostly middle to upper class, in my opinion, but i could be wrong, ) would really have an idea of how bad it may get and also what people like me can do to help minimize things, if anything can be done by people like me???

I think keep working if you can, my truck has been for sale for over a year, and not 1 interested person has called about buying it,and it listed way below market value, so working with it seems to be a neccesity for me, as working is for most people.

I will hang up and take your comments off the air, I've always wanted to say that....
Patrick

Tom
10-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Obama will tax your truck. :lol:

ddog
10-15-2008, 11:37 PM
sounds like Mac will tax your health ins as well.
:eek:

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2008, 01:50 AM
I saw the lay-offs, the freight cut-backs and all out plant closures, trucking companies closing , and yet I was told do not worry the numbers are OKay.Let's say you were 100% correct. You saw it before I did (assuming the recession is now in full effect, as opposed to 12 months ago, when it wasn't, but you "saw it coming")

What did you do about it? Did you take advantage of the fact that "you saw it coming?"

ddog
10-16-2008, 01:52 AM
:lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2008, 02:49 AM
I'm glad you find me amusing. If it's one thing I can't stand, it's people whose posts consist of nothing but emoticons.
I'll ask again. What is the real benefit of being the first one to realize a recession is here or on the way, other then you get to claim you were right (in the end)?

I could have taken the easy way out as well and simply kept proclaiming a recession was here....eventually, I would be right....

Hell, you know what? I hereby proclaim that the recovery has started. That's right, I am going to keep proclaiming that the USA has started on the road to recovery until such time that the USA actually IS on the road to recovery, and at that time, I will in fact be proven correct.

So there! Take that Mr. Doom!

pktruckdriver
10-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Ok Bossman

Finally you admit it:jump: ;)

Now I give it to you on the road to recovery:ThmbUp:

And it reality this may be a long road to recovery, hope not , but we will see.

Patrick

Bubba X
10-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Let's say you were 100% correct. You saw it before I did (assuming the recession is now in full effect, as opposed to 12 months ago, when it wasn't, but you "saw it coming")

What did you do about it? Did you take advantage of the fact that "you saw it coming?"
I agree with you.

I wish I knew how to see it coming. I suppose there are some smart guys who saw it coming when the market p/e was around 35. Then again, these same guys surely "saw it coming" when it was around 25 (still historically high) and no matter what they say, they most likely missed that further run up.

If you have skin in the game you have to make your own judgements and pay little or no attention to the experts who we see on TV or read in the trades. There are good reasons the "experts" we see on the financial shows are seemingly always new faces.... they are as "expert" as the common person.