PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Trackside

LutherCalvin
03-20-2003, 08:06 PM
I visited Arlington Trackside restaurant the other day with a friend and we had a thoroughly enjoyable day. The restaurant was not crowded, and we sat in a booth with a small tv whose channels we could manipulate. Not only did the tv carry the different tracks, it also had access to cable news so we could keep up on the developments in Iraq. The horses were running true to form at Hawthorne, and we both came out winners. My friend who is a novice horseplayer was impressed with my discussion on why one should never play a short priced favorite to win (Favorites only win 1/3 of the time. Therefore, they lose most of the time). I told him that the winner of a race would come from one of the first four public choices on the odds board approximately 75% of the time. His system was to throw out the favorite and play the THREE remaining public choices. He had three horse going for him in each race and turned a profit! I discovered my strength as a handicapper- route races and maiden races. In route races I have found pace to be the most important variable, and in maiden races, class points to the winner for me.