PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust.....Dead Terrorist

JustRalph
10-15-2008, 05:34 PM
3 Cheers for our Military!!! The War on Terror Continues unabated............ :ThmbUp:

http://10tv.com/live/content/nationalnews/stories/2008/10/15/story_iraq.html?sid=102

US Troops Kill No. 2. Leader Of Al-Qaida In Iraq
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:13 PM

BAGHDAD — American troops acting on a tip killed the No. 2 leader of al-Qaida in Iraq - a Moroccan known for his ability to recruit and motivate foreign fighters - in a raid in the northern city of Mosul, the U.S. military said Wednesday.

The military statement described the man, known as Abu Qaswarah, as a charismatic leader who had trained in Afghanistan and managed to rally al-Qaida followers in Iraq despite U.S. and Iraqi security gains.

Rear Adm. Patrick Driscoll, a U.S. spokesman in Baghdad, also said the military suspected that Iranian agents were trying to bribe Iraqi politicians to oppose negotiations over a security pact that would extend the presence of American troops in Iraq.

But, he said, the military had no reason to believe Iraqi politicians had taken the Iranians up on the offers.

"There are indicators that Iranian agents may come across the border and use money or other bribes to influence Iraqi politicians," Driscoll said. "It's a whole different matter whether Iraqi politicians would accept that."

U.S. troops killed Abu Qaswarah, also known as Abu Sara, on Oct. 5 after coming under fire during a raid on a building that served as an al-Qaida in Iraq "key command and control location for" in Mosul, the military said.

Abu Qaswarah - one of five insurgents killed - was later been positively identified, the military said, without elaborating.

The insurgent leader became the senior al-Qaida in Iraq emir of northern Iraq in June 2007 and had "historic ties to AQI founder Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and senior al-Qaida leaders in Afghanistan and Pakistan," the military said.

It called him "al-Qaida in Iraq's second-in-command" as the senior operational leader for al-Zarqawi's successor, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajir.

Driscoll said Abu Qaswarah directed the smuggling of foreign terrorists into northern Iraq and reportedly killed those who tried to return to their homelands rather than carry out suicide bombings and other attacks against Iraqis.

ddog
10-15-2008, 05:45 PM
that's fine , there will be another nbr 2 in a week or so.

The war we are fighting is not the war you seem to think it is.

You will never kill your way into a victory.

that's the old national border - standing army deal.

That's over for at least 20 years.

Very different times , very different.

And it's better he's dead than alive, but that isn't the point and it's not something to convince the US people of as "the victory".

in fact, it's better if it were never published at all if in fact we really got him and he is who we are saying he was.

Tom
10-15-2008, 06:43 PM
So you and Obama think they should stop over to the WH for tea and small talk?

Of course you kill them. And anyone near them.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
in fact, it's better if it were never published at all if in fact we really got him and he is who we are saying he was.

And have people and the liberal blogs and their press go back to saying "We should pull out right now, we never get any of the really bad guys over there, we never do anything worthwhile."

Yes, a new number two will be named. To me, all of Al-Quida are "Number Two". They have to be kept in check everywhere they go. This will never be a totally done effort - not until Al-Quida decides to stop on their own. If we can't convince them to stop, then we and the rest of the free world must always work to stop them wherever they are and whatever they are doing or planning to do. The ugly 21st century reality. The alternative is to not be vigilant or give up, and that's when more control again. I don't like it. No one likes it. That is just the way it is.

russowen77
10-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I am afraid some Muslims have been reading history.

When we went to the peace table in VN the North started pulling their hard core soldiers back to wait until we pulled out.

Right now we have Shiite crazies waiting in Iran and Sunni radicals in Syria.

I don't believe this and y'all don't believe this but a majority of the Muslim world now thinks everyone in that house is now in Paradise living the high life.

Volunteers to replace him will not be hard to find.

We need to dig up Black Jack Pershing and see if we can clone the sucker and let him go for awhile, imo.

HUSKER55
10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
but as I recall the Islams and Muslims have as part of their faith a saying that says by your faith or by the sword you will be converted.

How in the hell are you are going to defeat a nation brought up by kids who know nothing else ?

ddog
10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
So you and Obama think they should stop over to the WH for tea and small talk?

Of course you kill them. And anyone near them.

You don't get it and don't want to try , I get it.

ddog
10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
but as I recall the Islams and Muslims have as part of their faith a saying that says by your faith or by the sword you will be converted.

How in the hell are you are going to defeat a nation brought up by kids who know nothing else ?

I am sorry, I don't consign the whole rest of the world to a state of blind death-wish , like from some b grade movie flick.

Maybe you and Tom are correct , but if you are then there will be plenty of time for you to send in the nukes.
I prefer to attempt to turn others to our side first.

It is not an implacable enemy despite what you hear on the various "media" outlets.

I choose to believe there are those who can be turned and that it's not in our best intersts to push away through foolish bluster and actions those who could or would be with us.

Your mileages may vary.

ddog
10-15-2008, 11:02 PM
And have people and the liberal blogs and their press go back to saying "We should pull out right now, we never get any of the really bad guys over there, we never do anything worthwhile."

Yes, a new number two will be named. To me, all of Al-Quida are "Number Two". They have to be kept in check everywhere they go. This will never be a totally done effort - not until Al-Quida decides to stop on their own. If we can't convince them to stop, then we and the rest of the free world must always work to stop them wherever they are and whatever they are doing or planning to do. The ugly 21st century reality. The alternative is to not be vigilant or give up, and that's when more control again. I don't like it. No one likes it. That is just the way it is.

We will not keep them in check without others helping, you really think we are keeping Iraq in check?

Without at least a majority of Iraqi support(for whatever reason) we would not even be able to move around in that place.

People are not paying attention to what our military is really trying to accomplish there.

read the manual Gen P. is operating from, please.

I have not advocated giving up or pretending they are not a threat.

The way we go about it is open to some debate though.

Many just can't or don't want to think how things have changed.
That's ok, we will protect them too.

We are not fighting nation state type wars anymore.
That's done with.

it's all different now.

boxcar
10-16-2008, 12:38 AM
You don't get it and don't want to try , I get it.

Read all about the "religion of peace" in the Koran sometime before you presume to tell anyone else here that they "don't get it"!

Boxcar