PDA

View Full Version : Debit cards

Lefty
03-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Just Ralph, in another thread said something about using a debit card. Please don't. They are dangerous to your wealth. If someone gets your nos. they can clean you out, and the banks take months to get your money back to you. On the other hand, if someone gets the nos. to a reg. credit card, the money's not gone cause you haven't paid the bill and you can get the charge taken off by the credit card co.
I've had my nos lifted and i'm thankful it wasn't a debit card.
My bank sent me a debit card once and I took it back and said, "I don't want this trash."
Clark Howard, a consumer advocate, warns nearly every broadcast about the dangers of debit cards.

JustRalph
03-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Depends on the bank and state. I asked before I got it. they told me that they treat it just like a credit card. I went thru this back in ohio......they have a $50 limit on my liability. But, then again, they also told me I could use it at Youbet? :cool:

Lefty
03-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Think about it... Someone gets your nos. they can clean out your acct. Guaranteed getting that money back a lot harder than disputing a bill as yet unpaid.
Go to www.clarkhoward.com he's the man.