PDA

View Full Version : Rush Again.

hcap
10-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Say all you want about how successful, how much money he pulls in.
The man is an idiot. Of course Acorn is part of the conspiracy

Limbaugh: We know that technological advancement is going along at light speed. And yet during this period of time, whether it be the last 57 years or be it the last 20 years, it seems that a majority of the black population has remained angry, frustrated, and behind. They've been left behind. They are acting like they've been left behind, and of course we've heard that this is because of racism, natural systemic institutional racism in America, that we are unfair, that this country is just horrible and rotten.

...The federal government became the father. The father didn't have to hang around in order for the kids to be okay, depending on how you define okay. But as you study more and more of this ACORN stuff, you find that it has been part of an entire movement that has been going on for two, maybe three decades, right under our noses.

We thought that it was just liberal welfare policies and all that that kept blacks from progressing while other minorities grew and prospered, but no, it is these wackos from Bill Ayers to Jeremiah Wright to other anti-American Afrocentric black liberation theologists with ACORN, and Barack Obama is smack dab in the middle of it, they have been training young black kids to hate, hate, hate this country, and they trained their parents before that to hate, hate, hate this country. It was a movement. It was a Bill Ayers, anti-capitalist, anti-American educational movement. ACORN is how it was implemented, right under our noses.
It has been a movement, it has been a religion, and Obama and Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers were all up to their big ears in it.

DJofSD
10-14-2008, 10:53 PM
What we have here is.......the pot calling the kettle black.

ddog
10-14-2008, 11:12 PM
I guess it IS a kettle then?

Tom
10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
What we have is a very accurate assessment of what is going on.
Rush gets it.

hcap
10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Rush gets it??
Sort of like a radio right wing KKK grand dragon selling tickets to a lynching

Racist nonsense sold to sheep to placate their bad dreams about a "Negro" president, and his conspiratorial rise. How else could this happen in white America without a conspiracy? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As I said..... Rush is an idiot.
Edit: Racist Idiot

Tom
10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Take a look at the dems...that is where your racist live. Rush is not a racist for pointing that out. He is on the money in his analysis. Do you honestly believe Obama is a not a racist????

hcap
10-15-2008, 10:05 AM
but no, it is these wackos from Bill Ayers to Jeremiah Wright to other anti-American Afrocentric black liberation theologists with ACORN, and Barack Obama is smack dab in the middle of it, they have been training young black kids to hate, hate, hate this country, and they trained their parents before that to hate, hate, hate this country. It was a movement.Yeah Rush is just pointing out the truth? And Obama and the Dems have "been training young black kids to hate, hate, hate this country"

The smell of desperation from Rush and like minded racists who see the first black president in history rapidly approaching. Little minds with primitive racial theories and fears.

lsbets
10-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry Hcap, but the only desperation evident is the desperation from those like you who won't allow any discussion at all about why some segments of the black community have languished so badly under the heavy hand of government "assistance". Anyone who dares touch on an honest discussion of the disintegration of the black family is labeled racist. Pitiful as usual on your part. But, I called it - anyone who doesn't vote for your messiah will be labeled a racist, and you proved me right yet again.

hcap
10-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Listen up Javert, I don't dismiss all of welfare reform. I believe in teaching a man to fish is more important than endless giveaways of fish-although sometimes taking care of immediate needs of poorly fed men is a must.

But Limpbag is devolving into a number of off the wall manias.

1-Black people are "languishing" because the government has made it easy to be lazy. Hey just disregard the last 200 years.

2-Various left wing organizations and liberals themselves have ""been training young black kids to hate, hate, hate this country"

3-Therefore primitive racial fears of blacks revolting or rioting in the streets if Obama wins and the coming race wars. Nat Turner anyone?

Limpbag is stoking fears, and playing to that audience of the Church of self reliance. Nothing wrong with self reliance. But the rest of his diatribe is chocked full of key references to a slave revolt led by Obama, Acorn and of course Liberals

Marshall Bennett
10-15-2008, 10:52 AM
One problem we may all face with Obama holding a 14pt. lead is that should he lose the election ( as remote as it may seem ) , the nation will literally be turned upside down . Talk about accusations of racism . Riots will likely occur in every large urban area on the map . Obama's people think this election is a done deal and to pull the carpet out from underneath them would be lethal .

Bubba X
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Didja know....

There are more whites on welfare than blacks?

10,000% fact.

hcap
10-15-2008, 11:12 AM
One problem we may all face with Obama holding a 14pt. lead is that should he lose the election ( as remote as it may seem ) , the nation will literally be turned upside down . Talk about accusations of racism . Riots will likely occur in every large urban area on the map . Obama's people think this election is a done deal and to pull the carpet out from underneath them would be lethal .Ok, assuming your far fetched scenario is correct, and race riots are rampant. The solution is simply you and all your right wing friends must now vote Obama! :lol: :lol:

The reality is however when Obama wins the repugs will try to launch 100 "whitewater" investigations ala Clinton. The right wing talkies will broadcast endless anti Obama crap, and all the so-called conservatives on this board will require 10x the bandwidth to post endless Limpbag style drivel ad nauseum.

delayjf
10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah Rush is just pointing out the truth? And Obama and the Dems have "been training young black kids to hate, hate, hate this country"
How else would one interpret the rhetoric of Rev. Wright / Farrakann etc.

hcap
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Obama and the Dems and Liberals
http://www.decodeunicode.org/data/glyph/196x196/2260.gif

Rev. Wright / Farrakhan etc.

etc?Huh?

oddsmaven
10-15-2008, 11:29 AM
The reality is however when Obama wins the repugs will try to launch 100 "whitewater" investigations ala Clinton. The right wing talkies will broadcast endless anti Obama crap, and all the so-called conservatives on this board will require 10x the bandwidth to post endless Limpbag style drivel ad nauseum.
....and that's if he does a sterling job every single day in office...any minor mis-step and you can quintuple all of that.

Tom
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
hcap posted:

1-Black people are "languishing" because the government has made it easy to be lazy. Hey just disregard the last 200 years. No, if you listen to his whole dialogue and not cherry pick sound bytes, he has repeatedly drawn the line at the Johnson years and the failed New Society. I have myself repeatedly asked you left-wing nuts what was the exist strategy for the war on poverty and get ignored.

2-Various left wing organizations and liberals themselves have ""been training young black kids to hate, hate, hate this country" Two words for you - Revrand Al. One more - Michelle. another point, Obama's reply to the little girl when asked why he wanted to be president, coupled with his attack on America speech in the shadow of Hitler's ghoust. the man hates this o****ry, his wife hates it, his spritiual leader hates it, and his friend andmentor bombed it twice.

3-Therefore primitive racial fears of blacks revolting or rioting in the streets if Obama wins and the coming race wars. Nat Turner anyone? It was
the gopher himself, Carville, who suggested on CNN that there would be riots if OBama lost. It is Obama's campaign that keeps saying whites are racist if they vote against Obama becasue he is black, while totally expecting all black to vote for him. Duplicty, as Ralph would say.

My comments in italics.

Tom
10-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Didja know....

10,000% fact.

What percent of all blacks and all whites?
You data is meaningless as is.

oddsmaven
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
What percent of all blacks and all whites?
You data is meaningless as is.
I agree that his data is misleading...but out of curiousity Tom, could you support a black man for president...say Colin Powell or someone else? Or are you that disgusted with the black community as a whole?

Tom
10-15-2008, 12:46 PM
OF course. I have posted that before. And your premise that I am disgusted with the black community is totally off base as well. I am disgusted with everyone who doesn't pull their own weight. My comment about the percentages of each race shows I already know more white people are on welfare than black. Duh. BubbaX is the one who cannot discuss issues; he has to resort to playing the race card. And hcap. I pointed out that Rush is right. The typical lib response, by both the boys, was to ignore the issues and go for the personal attack. I expected nothing more from either of them. I know the lightweights on this board all too well.

JustRalph
10-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Didja know....

10,000% fact.

absolutely right, but as a percentage of population..........much higher on the black side.............

oddsmaven
10-15-2008, 01:52 PM
OF course. I have posted that before. And your premise that I am disgusted with the black community is totally off base as well. I am disgusted with everyone who doesn't pull their own weight.....
It wasn't my premise - just a question...I would have guessed you to be along the lines that you stated...look, I don't think Obama is the greatest, but I find the fury & hatred that you and others direct at him, undeserved.

Too liberal? Fine - but it's easy to spin every act or association in the worst way with the result- a bunch of distortion...there's a desperate search to tar him, the latest being ACORN...he answered that pretty well saying that he was on their side in a case years ago - "along with the justice department"...any other involvement doesn't amount to much.

Then we have the Ayers link...held fund raisers for Obama big deal..in his living room! :rolleyes: ...served on a board with Obama :sleeping: :sleeping: ...yes, yes, unrepentant terrorist...also selected man of the year in Chicago - seems like the man has led a good life in the time Obama knew him.

The thing that I'd grant you was most disturbing was the reverand Wright association...a jerk and a racist...Obama would have shown better judgement to disassociate himself from him long ago...Obama's not the most confrontational guy in the world and his diplomacy skills may serve us well, but he should have condemned him early on...but we all make mistakes and I can't call that one anywhere near unpardonable...he is not responsible for Wright's rants.

Bubba X
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
OF course. I have posted that before. And your premise that I am disgusted with the black community is totally off base as well. I am disgusted with everyone who doesn't pull their own weight. My comment about the percentages of each race shows I already know more white people are on welfare than black. Duh. BubbaX is the one who cannot discuss issues; he has to resort to playing the race card. And hcap. I pointed out that Rush is right. The typical lib response, by both the boys, was to ignore the issues and go for the personal attack. I expected nothing more from either of them. I know the lightweights on this board all too well.lmao. Race card, huh? I just let folks know that welfare is far from a black phenomena. You can do with it as you wish. Twist what I wrote. Add whatever conclusions you want that I didn't write. Whatever suits your pov, just do it.

Tom
10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Can't answer my question, huh?

Bubba X
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Can't answer my question, huh?
38% white. 36% black.

Get out your 8th grade Algebra book. You should be good to go.

TurfRuler
10-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Rush still doesn't believe that McNab deserves his job as quaterback of the Eagles. That is hating. He is the member of the haters club to lump all of the black youths in to one category of hating whites. In all of the replays of Hitler's speeches, I can not understand a word he says. Rush is sounding more like him everyday, but a certain segment of the U.S. population follow every syllable he utters, just like the Germans of Adolf's time.

wonatthewire1
10-15-2008, 05:37 PM
The smell of desperation from Rush and like minded racists who see the first black president in history rapidly approaching. Little minds with primitive racial theories and fears.

Hey 'cap...don't you think it would be in Rush's best interest to have Barry elected?

I mean, think of the ratings! Think of the money!

He'll be able to go after the guy every day! It'll be like old times when Billy was in the WH!

ddog
10-15-2008, 05:50 PM
rush is playing to the crowd, he is no more a racist than Imus or any of the other kooky people around.

They have advertisers and they need an audience, once the schtick works they pump the shmucks for all their worth and laugh all the way to the bank or to the next 18, that's really all it's about.

Never a serious thought crosses their minds, never.

Nothing but audience tested "ratings" stuff.

I used to think rush and olberman and that ilk contributed to the dumbing of the discourse, now I see it's the other way around.

Not a serious country as far as politics in the main goes anymore.

Tom
10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
38% white. 36% black.

Get out your 8th grade Algebra book. You should be good to go.

You are saying 38% of all white people are on welfare?
Got some numbers to show that?

Tom
10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Rush still doesn't believe that McNab deserves his job as quaterback of the Eagles. That is hating. He is the member of the haters club to lump all of the black youths in to one category of hating whites. In all of the replays of Hitler's speeches, I can not understand a word he says. Rush is sounding more like him everyday, but a certain segment of the U.S. population follow every syllable he utters, just like the Germans of Adolf's time.

You are so clueless it isn't funny. It is ignorant people like YOU who cause division in this country. You tired old schtick labels you very accurately. Rush scares you because he sees through your smokescreen of excuses and doesn't back down from your crap.

boxcar
10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Listen up Javert, I don't dismiss all of welfare reform. I believe in teaching a man to fish is more important than endless giveaways of fish-although sometimes taking care of immediate needs of poorly fed men is a must.

But Limpbag is devolving into a number of off the wall manias.

1-Black people are "languishing" because the government has made it easy to be lazy. Hey just disregard the last 200 years.

2-Various left wing organizations and liberals themselves have ""been training young black kids to hate, hate, hate this country"

3-Therefore primitive racial fears of blacks revolting or rioting in the streets if Obama wins and the coming race wars. Nat Turner anyone?

Limpbag is stoking fears, and playing to that audience of the Church of self reliance. Nothing wrong with self reliance. But the rest of his diatribe is chocked full of key references to a slave revolt led by Obama, Acorn and of course Liberals

You're way off base, 'cap. Nowhere in touch with reality. How the Race Mongers continually stoke the fires of hatred within black communities across this land is by continually reminding them that they're a victimized people -- that whitey is still out to get them at every turn -- to hold them back -- to stifle legitimate opportunities, etc., etc. As usual, you have it all backwards. According to the race hustlers, all the whiteys are conspiring against the poor black folks, and this is why so many just can't get ahead -- yada, yada, yada. To be even more specific -- it's whitey and the Jews who are out to do all blacks in.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2008, 01:29 AM
The smell of desperation from Rush and like minded racists who see the first black president in history rapidly approaching. Little minds with primitive racial theories and fears.You're way off the deep end now.

I would love to vote for the first black president this country has ever seen. The only problem is, this particular black presidential nominee is 100% liberal in his ideology and 100% inexperienced. To put it in terms that you might understand when it comes to the experience part, he's your PALIN but AT THE TOP of the ticket.

TurfRuler
10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
You are so clueless it isn't funny. It is ignorant people like YOU who cause division in this country. You tired old schtick labels you very accurately. Rush scares you because he sees through your smokescreen of excuses and doesn't back down from your crap.

I laugh at the pill popper. Defenders of drug users I tend to ignore, but your response deserves this comment.

Tom
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
So pill popping causes people to hate? Your leaping too far here for me to follow you. If that is what you are saying, how do you explain JFK, a far bigger druggie than Rush ever was? He had a doctor demento follow him around with a briefcase full of "Kennedy Kookies" for the prez to ingest, swallow, inject, you name it...a smorgasbord of good drugs. Was he a hater, too?

TurfRuler
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Try to follow the discussion about Rush we are not here to discuss dollar bills with presidents on them, oh Kennedy is not on a dollar bill if I were to follow your lead.

toetoe
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
hcap,

I don't disclude the possibility that RLim is pandering to his audience --- that's what rant radio is all about; but he is misguided, not bigoted. I repeat, I believe he is NOT a bigot. This is a very tortured, farfetched metaphor he's pitching, and it doesn't work for me.

I always thought the "black QB" disquisition was very good --- and it was self-sabotaged by the choice of Donovan McNabb as an example. Wrong, wrong, wrong. :bang:

So, to separate the trenchant wheat from the bombastic chaff --- THAT is our task, boys and girls.
(:Visibly daunted. :eek: )

Tom
10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
TR...can you stay focused long enough to tell us what exactly Rush said that makes him a hater? I mean, quote him, not filter it through your perceptions.

And, you made reference to the drugs, like it had some relevance to the thread. Are you now telling me you were just rambling and your post had nothing to do with anything? Work with me, dude, let it out. I'm no mind reader, and your font is not too clear.

Waiting for the quote.

JustRalph
10-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Try to follow the discussion about Rush we are not here to discuss dollar bills with presidents on them, oh Kennedy is not on a dollar bill if I were to follow your lead.

Amazing, as long as it's a Dem it doesn't count............ I get it.

I give Rush and JFK a slight pass, both became drug addicts from pain killers prescribed for a real physical ailment. It happens to many every year.

But you can't scream about Rush being an addict and ignore Kennedy.......

You have no credibility. Kind of like those Dems who screamed about Mark Foley and the pages...............

delayjf
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I laugh at the pill popper. Defenders of drug users I tend to ignore
So then explain your support of Obama. At comparable times in their lives, McCain was serving his country and ended up have to do 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton. Obama was snorting coke hanging out with Radicals and bad mouthing his country.

Tom
10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Jeff, do you mean the time when McCain was a guest on the VIEW? :lol:

toetoe
10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Overstated, but the "training to hate" charge is not off by much. Precious little love out there in our country. Still, the bombast is hard to take seriously. :ThmbDown:

As to the wonderfully flamboyant charge of racism, that sounds nice and felonious, but is it really racism ? To the same extent as the contention that Americans want a black quarterback to succeed, I guess. (:Shrugging.)

delayjf
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Jeff, do you mean the time when McCain was a guest on the VIEW? I'll bet he was having flash backs. :lol: I've seen clips were they compared McCains visit to Obama's. They took turns kissing Obama's ass.

hcap
05-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Top 10 Racist Limbaugh Quotes

http://cdn.newsone.blackplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/rushcigar-300x261.jpg

An example....

3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

http://cdn.newsone.blackplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gacy-1.jpg

http://cdn.newsone.blackplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/rush_limbaugh_250x_3.jpg

The Judge
05-17-2009, 07:49 AM
and white people aren't! That can't be right isn't Rush white it would be hard to fine a black person as angry as Rush and Savage. Aren't the good white folks of Texas threatening to succeed from the Union, what about the tea party it seems to me that white people are the ones that this country should be worried about. Of course Rush and Savage aren't really angry they just work everyone else up to make a buck and fly around in private jets. How to you get so upset when you are in a private jet not waiting in lines etc. Its an act I wouldn't be surprise if Rush was a Democrat.

Joblessness is on the rise if so many black people are being taken care of by the state then I assume its the white people that are losing the jobs through no fault of their own. Seems like that would make a person angry. You lose your job and the CEO's get bonuses and yet white people aren't angry and blacks are the threat and don't appreciate being allowed to breathe this good ole Christian/American air .

Rush needs an update he can't see whats in front of his face. The man is trying to rerun Willie Horton which he has done what about once a week, whenever their is a slow day. WILLIE HORTON,WILLIE HORTON!!!!! and he gets a pay check for this and you all actually listen to this man?

WILLIE HORTON,WILLIE HORTON now you woe me money I said "WILLIE HORTON".

In 2000 Blacks made up 26.4% of those serving in the U.S Army. Sounds like a
like a pretty unpatriotic group to me.

JustRalph
05-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Rush is right............

I am involved with the black community...........

It's horrible and they bring it on themselves in most instances

They have been sold a bill of goods and they make it a self fulfilling prophecy on many many levels. It is very sad............

I am in contact with both ends of the spectrum when I say "black community" and the bottom end shames the top end. Respectable hard working blacks are kept down and ashamed of what "their people" are and have become. How do I know? They tell me...........

ArlJim78
05-17-2009, 08:26 AM
the example statement given is not rascist.

46zilzal
05-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Limbaugh is just Joe McCarthy reprised: both addicts and fill of SH*T and paranoia

Tom
05-17-2009, 01:18 PM
And your ignorance is embarrassing to the species.
YOU are the paranoid one, dude. Ever since the guys in uniform kicked the crap out you for being an arse. Surprising you were able to fit so much back inside.

dutchboy
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Rush is a GREAT American. He makes it so easy to get the busybody Democrats riled up. Democrats are so funny when they get excited.

Marshall Bennett
05-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Rush is a GREAT American. He makes it so easy to get the busybody Democrats riled up. Democrats are so funny when they get excited.
Yeah , its when they make complete fools of themselves , as they're doing now .

Tom
05-17-2009, 07:27 PM
It' like spraying roaches.......lots of scurry! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Ahhh...the left is throwing around accusatory racism remarks again...no wonder...

No talk of racism = no donations to the party of Democrats.

Democrats LOVE racism. Make no mistake about that. It keeps them in business.

jballscalls
05-17-2009, 11:34 PM
rush is a disgusting human in general, but he's not out of line here

hcap
05-18-2009, 06:01 AM
the example statement given is not rascist.

http://newsone.blackplanet.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Some more wit and wisdom from the leader of the republican party.....

1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

Read the rest.
Aptly named The Pigboy

Tom
05-18-2009, 07:31 AM
I actually feel sorry for you.

lsbets
05-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Hcap - any transcripts showing those quotes? Anything credible, and with context if they actually exist. Several of those quotes have been shown to be false, you know, perch stuff. Most of those quotes don't exist anywhere other than on the I hate Limbaugh sites. It appears the vast majority are completely false, and the rest are out of context. So, can you provide any better source than the hip hop journalist guy? You know, a transcript. Can you find one?

ArlJim78
05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I've listened to Limbaugh for 20 years. You're not going to enlighten me about him by pulling up a few out of context or made up quotes. You can save that stuff for the barking moonbat crowd.

boxcar
05-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I've listened to Limbaugh for 20 years. You're not going to enlighten me about him by pulling up a few out of context or made up quotes. You can save that stuff for the barking moonbat crowd.

Exactly right! I KNOW Rush didn't say this crap that Hcrap is claiming. I've listened to Rush too many years. I know him. He either didn't say it or it's lifted way out of context.

Boxcar

Tom
05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
I would like to hear the dates of the shows so that I can look at the transcripts. Context is always key.

toetoe
05-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Limbaugh is just Joe McCarthy reprised

McCarthy had NO SHOT of surviving in the Beltway Snakepit. However, are you contending that Washington was NOT crawling with Commies back then ?

toetoe
05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

What's wrong/inaccurate/insensitive about this ... if he indeed said it ? :confused: .

46zilzal
05-18-2009, 01:35 PM
McCarthy had NO SHOT of surviving in the Beltway Snakepit. However, are you contending that Washington was NOT crawling with Commies back then ?
NEVER acconted for a ONE of the supposed ghosts

46zilzal
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
WHole bunch of quotes from the lobotomized guru.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/rushlimbaugh/a/limbaughquotes.htm

Having treated many a patient with paralysis agitans, this quote is the most telling about this windbag
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting." --on an ad by Michael J. Fox endorsing Claire McCaskill for Senate for supporting embryonic stem cell research."

Or the drug addicted sanctimonious one preaching ths :"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." --in 1995

Tom
05-18-2009, 02:03 PM
1. MJ is known to have gone off his meds to make a power presentation before congress and the public to further his agenda. Rush correctly pointed that out, but the MEDIA are the ones who "looped" his arm wving to make a story out of nothing. I know - was tune din live the day it happened.

2. He is worng here. How does this make him a parnoid or a racist?

46zilzal
05-18-2009, 02:11 PM
NOT racist huh
"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it."

"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

ArlJim78
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
NOT racist huh
"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies." what is the context?

"They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it." nothing racist about this, its pro black progress.

"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it." an inconvenient truth? ?

Limbaugh lampoons the destructiveness of organizations like the NAACP, through sarcasm and sometimes provocative statements. meanwhile the left shouts down anyone who points out the failures of so-called "Black" leaders as rascist. The truth is the real race hustlers are Jackson, Sharpton, et al.

Tom
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
NOT racist huh

Reading is fundamental, zilly.
I specifically referred to your comments about his drug use.
Do you understand the meaning of using numbers, like 1. and 2. when replying to "2" examples you gave?

"2. He is wrong here. How does this make him a paranoid or a racist?"

Coming back with unrelated comments is very rutabagish.

Lefty
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
arljim, libs don't get sarcasm nor nor do they know when someone is being facetious.
It's not about race with Obama it's about policy. But libs can't defend the record spending nor the taking over of private companies and banks; nor the foisting of national healthcare on is, even while we're being told healthcare lite, i.e. Medicare, is going in the toilet. They can't defend it so they have to call us is racists.

ArlJim78
05-18-2009, 04:21 PM
arljim, libs don't get sarcasm nor nor do they know when someone is being facetious.
It's not about race with Obama it's about policy. But libs can't defend the record spending nor the taking over of private companies and banks; nor the foisting of national healthcare on is, even while we're being told healthcare lite, i.e. Medicare, is going in the toilet. They can't defend it so they have to call us is racists.
yeah I know. I guess its because they never get to listen to talk radio so they don't know how it works. they wouldn't listen to a Limbaugh or a Savage because they're pre-programmed to think they're evil drugged up "extremists". and the liberal talk shows are such failures that you can't find them on the dial.

toetoe
05-18-2009, 05:21 PM
NEVER acconted for a ONE of the supposed ghosts

WHO never accounted for a one ? Shooting-Blanks Zilly or Tailgunner Joe ?

I submit the place was acrawl with commies. My apologies to all commies, who are people, too.

toetoe
05-18-2009, 05:49 PM
He is worng here.

Yes, Tom. He's worng ...WORNG... WORNG !!! ;) .

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2009, 06:27 PM
How many more times can I say it...the left, and in general the Democratic party THRIVES on racism...without it...THEY DIE OFF...

It is in their best interest to keep RACISM ALIVE and well in this country. And they will try and do so at every turn...even if they have to make stuff up along the way....

Racism FUNDS the Democratic party...

Some believe there will never be a cure for cancer because the "business of cancer" is too large and there is too much to lose if a cure is found...

I believe the same applies to racism and the Democratic party...

NJ Stinks
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
How many more times can I say it...the left, and in general the Democratic party THRIVES on racism...without it...THEY DIE OFF...

You can say it until you are blue in the face. I don't believe it and didn't the first time I saw you say it here. Race is no factor when I vote Democratic. And I do vote Democratic early and often.

Tom
05-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes, Tom. He's worng ...WORNG... WORNG !!! ;) .

That two! :cool:

Lefty
05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
stinks, I believe you, but for the dims in power, Race is their ace in the hole. You disagree wirh Obama and there's no hesitation to call you a racist. Most of the celebs and the msm go along. Did you hear Jeanine Garafalo call EVERYONE at the tea parties racists? She did it on an NBC affiliate and was not challenged by the interviewer. Race may not be a factor for you, but take a look around at your fellow dems. BTW, as an aside, GE who owns NBC got a big reward for carrying Obama's water during the campaign. They will be in charge of healthcare records when we get the national healthcare. Makes me feel all cozy...

NJ Stinks
05-18-2009, 11:16 PM
stinks, I believe you, but for the dims in power, Race is their ace in the hole. You disagree wirh Obama and there's no hesitation to call you a racist. Most of the celebs and the msm go along. Did you hear Jeanine Garafalo call EVERYONE at the tea parties racists? She did it on an NBC affiliate and was not challenged by the interviewer. Race may not be a factor for you, but take a look around at your fellow dems. BTW, as an aside, GE who owns NBC got a big reward for carrying Obama's water during the campaign. They will be in charge of healthcare records when we get the national healthcare. Makes me feel all cozy...

I heard what Garafolo said, Lefty, and I thought it was a dumb thing to say. In fact, I found it ridiculous.

JustRalph
05-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney............

The more they hate them.............the more I love them............ :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
05-19-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/rush-limbaugh-proves-he-i_b_61805.html

Lefty
05-19-2009, 12:30 AM
zilly, after all that education you still din't have an original thought in that liberal head. Tsk,tsk...

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2009, 02:57 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/rush-limbaugh-proves-he-i_b_61805.htmlDude, you're posting stuff from two years ago....you might has well just start making replies calling Bush a rutabaga again...it would at least be more relevant.

hcap
05-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Some more of limpbags racism. From another site.

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2549

"In 1992, on his now-defunct TV show, Limbaugh expressed his ire when Spike Lee urged that black schoolchildren get off from school to see his film Malcolm X: "Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the education experience. You should tell them that they should loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

As a young broadcaster in the 1970s, Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

When Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL) was in the U.S. Senate, the first black woman ever elected to that body, Limbaugh would play the "Movin' On Up" theme song from TV's Jeffersons when he mentioned her.

Out of context?

Tom
05-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Your context is obsession.
Do you stalk anyone? :D

hcap
05-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Go sing a few stanzas of "Barack the Magic Negro"

Get back to us in the real world later.

JustRalph
05-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Hcap........... the more you hate........the more I love him..... :lol: :lol:

lsbets
05-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Go sing a few stanzas of "Barack the Magic Negro"

Get back to us in the real world later.

Are you aware that Barack the Magic Negro came about because a liberal columnist in the LA Times wrote a column referring to Obama as the Magic Negro?

I guess its only racist when a conservative does it, but okay when a liberal does it.

hcap
05-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Did he also write the lyrics?

Not black enough for blacks?
A non-threatening "safe" black for whites?
Limpbag using race to snicker and cackle.

"Barack The Magic Negro Lyrics"

Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.
The L.A. Times, they called him that
‘Cause he’s not authentic like me.
Yeah, the guy from the L.A. paper
Said he makes guilty whites feel good
They’ll vote for him, and not for me
‘Cause he’s not from the hood.

See, real black men, like Snoop Dog,
Or me, or Farrakhan
Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.
Not come in late and won!

Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.
‘Cause he’s black, but not authentically.
Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.
‘Cause he’s black, but not authentically.

Some say Barack’s “articulate”
And bright and new and “clean.”
The media sure loves this guy,
A white interloper’s dream!
But, when you vote for president,
Watch out, and don’t be fooled!
Don’t vote the Magic Negro in –
‘Cause —

’Cause I won’t have nothing after all these years of sacrifice
And I won’t get justice. This is about justice. This isn’t about me, it’s about justice.
It’s about buffet. I don’t have no buffet and there won’t be any church contributions,
And there’ll be no cash in the collection plate.
There ain’t gonna be no cash money, no walkin’ around money, no phoning money.
Now, Barack going to come in here and ……..

.................................................. ....................................

‘Cause he’s not authentic like me.

Said he makes guilty whites feel good

See, real black men, like Snoop Dog,
Or me, or Farrakhan
Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.
Not come in late and won!

.................................................. ........................................

What bullshit!!! Not black enough?
Won overwhelmingly among blacks who took this for what it is.
Won overwhelmingly among whites who took this for what it is.

A feel good message for bigoted whites afraid of the "Magic Negro", simply because he is a Negro.

lsbets
05-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Hcap - the song is a parody of the column - not just the phrase, but the content.

Here is the column:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,5335087.story?coll=la-opinion-center

Some excerpts:

But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination — the "Magic Negro."

He's there to assuage white "guilt" (i.e., the minimal discomfort they feel) over the role of slavery and racial segregation in American history, while replacing stereotypes of a dangerous, highly sexualized black man with a benign figure for whom interracial sexual congress holds no interest.
<more>

But the same can't be said of most white Americans, whose desire for a noble, healing Negro hasn't faded.

The only mud that momentarily stuck was criticism (white and black alike) concerning Obama's alleged "inauthenticty," as compared to such sterling examples of "genuine" blackness as Al Sharpton and Snoop Dogg. Speaking as an African American whose last name has led to his racial "credentials" being challenged — often several times a day — I know how pesky this sort of thing can be.

<more>

Like a comic-book superhero, Obama is there to help, out of the sheer goodness of a heart we need not know or understand. For as with all Magic Negroes, the less real he seems, the more desirable he becomes. If he were real, white America couldn't project all its fantasies of curative black benevolence on him.

I guess the column is a fine discussion of race, but the parody of the ridiculous column is racist.

Come on Mr. Link - do a bit of research and don't just accept what your liberal handlers tell you.

hcap
05-19-2009, 09:39 AM
There is a body of evidence pretty much shows Limpbag is racist. Funny? Depends on your own level of racism.

The magic negro song although purporting to satirize one liberal columnist-whose views are not shared by many liberals-took it to a new level.

From the column......

"For as with all Magic Negroes, the less real he seems, the more desirable he becomes. If he were real, white America couldn't project all its fantasies of curative black benevolence on him."

I think this totally distorts why Obama won.
Limpbag exaggerated this. "Said he makes guilty whites feel good"
Didn't take guilt. Smarts instead. Some whites although still racist, voted for the best man anyway. Meanwhile Limpbag pandered to his snickering base and all had a comfortable wink and a nod.

lsbets
05-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Honestly Hcap, if you think the Magic Negro parody is racist you're simply lost. I can think of no other way to put it. You so desperately want to fit everyone in a convenient little box - you don't like Obama, must be because you're racist, you don't like radical Islam, must be because you hate Muslims.

Its really sad that is the level you've fallen to. Instead of having the courage to engage on the merits of your beliefs, you fall back to yelling "racist" to silence those who don't think like you. Much like Boxcar resorts to calling you an anti-Christian bigot when he cannot defend or discuss the history of his religion. You guys have a lot more in common than you think, you both react to challenges in the same manner.

Tom
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Actually, Paul Shanklen wrote the lyrics, not Rush.

If you are using that parody to call someone a racist, you are pathetically ignorant of the real world.

Remember, it was Biden who called him clean, articulate....this a parody of the obvious bias of the left. And remember the talk about him being "black enough" and about the guilt vote? You have to be able to see the big picture. Life is more than sound bytes.

hcap
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Honestly Hcap, if you think the Magic Negro parody is racist you're simply lost.

The Magic Negro "parody" is racist. Some whites think this is harmless fun.
Try that on your black friends. A liberal columnist giving the background and history of the "Magic Negro" in literature and cinema is quite different than limpbag using the phrase 30 x on his show and snickering each time.

Limpbag took "Magic Negro", used it over and over again in a mocking way, There's a difference between a historical look at it and using the term in to continually mock Obama and, implicitly, black people. Limpbag is using the term because he thinks it gives him license to say "negro" repeatedly on the air, and "negro" (like "homo" and "ho'" and so many other denigrating words) to Limpbag is funny because to the repug base, to limpbags' base, bigotry is fun.

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2009/01/13/unveiling-systemic-racism-%E2%80%9Cbarack-the-magic-negro-revisited/

"Recently, Chip Saltsman, former chair of the Tennessee Republican party and candidate for chair of the Republican National Committee (RNC), sent a parody CD entitled “We Hate the USA” to party members as a holiday gag gift. The CD included a song “Barack the Magic Negro"

Saltsman defended his song by asserting:
I think most people recognize political satire when they see it. I think RNC members understand that.
Saltsman’s retort is a classic example of European American denial about their active role in propagating racism. Like Saltsman, most European Americans mistakenly believe that racial bigotry is a product of intentional (though perhaps sometimes unconscious) interactions between individuals. Contrary to this popular belief, a large and well-established body of social scientific research empirically reveals that racial bigotry is the result of deeply rooted social and institutional processes referred to as systemic racism"

.................................................. ..................

This song is racist. Pretending to be a dumb Al Sharpton while "singing" that there are "real" and "fake" black people, that the real ones are ghetto types and poor, and radicals and rappers. That the "fakes are the Obamas. That black leaders only care about screwing their black brothers. Lots of connotations are missed if your not black and waiting for your first black to be elected president.

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/2008ElectionandRacism/images/50_cartoon_large.gif

Many blacks see this as just another tamer Little Black Sambo.

From Wiki...

"Sambo imagery
See also: Blackface

In American animation in the 1930s and 1940s, the use of "Sambo" imagery was common in all the major animation houses. The scenes which show such imagery have either been cut from their respective cartoons, or the cartoons have been banned altogether. The image that is usually associated with the "Sambo" is that of a happy-go-lucky, clueless, head-scratching black man."

lsbets
05-19-2009, 11:33 AM
So the column is not racist, but the parody of the column is? :lol: :lol: And anyone who doesn't think the parody is racist, is racist for not thinking its racist. And Limbaugh's audience, and by extension all conservatives, or anyone who didn't vote for Obama, is racist and bigoted. :lol: :lol: So if one believes, in smaller government and individual liberties instead of the power of the state, they are racist. I get it - everyone who disagrees with Hcap is racist. :rolleyes:

You've gone off the deep end.

Tom
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
He went diving for perch and hit his head on the bottom! :D

46zilzal
05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
The target audience has not missed the provocative ramblings of the drug addicted slob either.

Tom
05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
BLACK PLANET???? :D

You trying to under-do hcap today?

Let's check in at kkk.kom and see what they have to say!

lsbets
05-19-2009, 01:29 PM
The target audience has not missed the provocative ramblings of the drug addicted slob either.

That's the same article Hcap started the thread with Eintstein. :bang:

Tom
05-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Circular validation.

riskman
05-19-2009, 03:13 PM
The original thread started seven months ago by Hcap is reopened by Hcap with an updated rant on Limbaugh supposed racism. Personally, I am curious why Hcap decided to to do this at this time.

Personally, I am not a Limbaugh fan but I do listen to him for an hour usually on Monday or Tuesday when I am not involved in capping or some other task. Limbaugh is bias, does discriminate and has no tolerance for liberals. If you are white, black orange or green and a liberal you qualify.
To label Limbaugh a racist ---is reaching and if he was, the MSM and the general public would insist he be replaced.

This thread was reopened to draw certain posters out in the open --so Hcap again could attempt to prove a point about genuiness of of their statements. It has no place here.

hcap
05-19-2009, 07:36 PM
So the column is not racist, but the parody of the column is? :lol: :lol: And anyone who doesn't think the parody is racist, is racist for not thinking its racist. And Limbaugh's audience, and by extension all conservatives, or anyone who didn't vote for Obama, is racist and bigoted. :lol: :lol: So if one believes, in smaller government and individual liberties instead of the power of the state, they are racist. I get it - everyone who disagrees with Hcap is racist. :rolleyes:

You've gone off the deep end.The Magic Negro "parody" is racist. Some whites think this is harmless fun.
Try that on your black friends. A liberal columnist giving the background and history of the "Magic Negro" in literature and cinema is quite different than limpbag using the phrase 30 x on his show and snickering each time.

Limpbag took "Magic Negro", used it over and over again in a mocking way, There's a difference between a historical look at it and using the term in to continually mock Obama and, implicitly, black people. Limpbag is using the term because he thinks it gives him license to say "negro" repeatedly on the air, and "negro" (like "homo" and "ho'" and so many other denigrating words) to Limpbag is funny because to the repug base, to limpbags' base, bigotry is fun.The columnist does not speak for many liberals.

What about.....

"In 1992, on his now-defunct TV show, Limbaugh expressed his ire when Spike Lee urged that black schoolchildren get off from school to see his film Malcolm X: "Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the education experience. You should tell them that they should loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."

As a young broadcaster in the 1970s, Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

????????

Come on guys, take that bone out of your collective a***s and rationalize away fatsos' appeal to white bigotry a bit more.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Aren't there more important windmills to tilt at these days? Isn't that what all the liberals say?

"What, with the economy and a war going on....and this is what you choose to argue about....hoity toity hoity toy.....hrumph!"

hcap
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
The "Magic Negro" song is probably the least of it.

Fatso has hung himself neatly by so many other outright racist rants. Not that I am suggesting censorship in any form. But as the de facto "leader of the republican party, fatso has no creditability.

delayjf
05-20-2009, 10:17 AM
The true racist in this country are the Liberal left who have advocated and funded failed entitlement programs for years designed to keep minorities down.

It's the liberal left who control the school systems and set in place the policies and practices that have failed and created yet another generation of minorities who do not possess the tools to compete in the open market. And the left wonders why there is a growing difference between the rich and the poor.

That along with the rise of the drug culture (again a creation of the left) spawned the creation of the drug gangs of today who have murdered more of their own than the KKK could have ever conceived. Not to mention the sexual revolution ( the left strikes again) which has manifested itself by the large percentage of unwed mothers among minorities and the 50% pregnancy rate of all Latinas under the age of 20. (according to CNN)

hcap
05-20-2009, 10:41 AM
I get it. Rush Limbaugh is actually an outstanding hero of thel black community 'cause he criticizes the "Liberal Left". The real bigots!

Probably was a counter protester at all them civil right marches. You know where all those evil do gooders from the "Liberal Left" originally conspired to keep the blacks in their place. Wouldn't be surprised if fatso disguised himself as an Alabama cop- maybe Bull Connor***-and did his best to let's say-"curtail" them nasty Libs.

***As the Public Safety Commissioner of Birmingham, Alabama, in the 1960s, Connor became a symbol of bigotry. He infamously fought against integration by using fire hoses and police attack dogs against protest marchers.[1] His aggressive tactics backfired when the spectacle of the brutality being broadcast on national television served as one of the catalysts for major social and legal change in the South and helped in large measure to assure the passage by the United States Congress of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.Great disguise fatso!!!

http://newsbusters.org/static/2008/01/bullconnor2.jpg

Lefty
05-20-2009, 11:43 AM
hcap, Rush really causes you guys to sweat your shorts, eh what?

JustRalph
05-20-2009, 12:03 PM
The true racist in this country are the Liberal left who have advocated and funded failed entitlement programs for years designed to keep minorities down.

It's the liberal left who control the school systems and set in place the policies and practices that have failed and created yet another generation of minorities who do not possess the tools to compete in the open market. And the left wonders why there is a growing difference between the rich and the poor.

That along with the rise of the drug culture (again a creation of the left) spawned the creation of the drug gangs of today who have murdered more of their own than the KKK could have ever conceived. Not to mention the sexual revolution ( the left strikes again) which has manifested itself by the large percentage of unwed mothers among minorities and the 50% pregnancy rate of all Latinas under the age of 20. (according to CNN)

you said it all here brother.............. great post.......

delayjf
05-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I get it. Rush Limbaugh is actually an outstanding hero of thel black community 'cause he criticizes the "Liberal Left". The real bigots!

Your catching on, but don't confuse civil rights with entitlements, ask yourself one simple question - did all the welfare / affirmative action programs enacted since the Civil Rights movement work?

NJ Stinks
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I

Your catching on, but don't confuse civil rights with entitlements, ask yourself one simple question - did all the welfare / affirmative action programs enacted since the Civil Rights movement work?

Affirmative Action clearly worked IMO. Certainly the need for Affirmative Action has lessoned as more minorities move up the corporate ladder and have the ability to hire other minorities. But there is no doubt in my mind that minorities benefitted greatly from Affirmative Action in the last 40 or so years.

Here's a link with all kinds of info:

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm

46zilzal
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Affirmative action, though an interesting idea, was horribly abused.

Several unqualified Black students were in my class as well as my friend's class at Stanford in order for the schools to garner big capitation grants from the U.S. Dept. of Education. Only one, of about 8 students, graduated.

They were not prepared for the level of study and the intensity of both didactic and clinical classes. It was really frustrating for them and they were taken advantage of BIG TIME

Warren Henry
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Affirmative action, though an interesting idea, was horribly abused.

Several unqualified Black students were in my class as well as my friend's class at Stanford in order for the schools to garner big capitation grants from the U.S. Dept. of Education. Only one, of about 8 students, graduated.

They were not prepared for the level of study and the intensity of both didactic and clinical classes. It was really frustrating for them and they were taken advantage of BIG TIME

Anyone feel sorry for the more qualified applicants who were passed over so that these unqualified folks could have a seat in the classroom?

The real harm from "feel good" policies is the watering down of the quality of the programs which are compromised by having to accept unqualified applicants.

Makes no difference whether we are talking about education, hiring for industry, or whatever. If the ones doing the accepting are not allowed to take the best applicants, their endeavor is compromised.

O, BTW, same goes for making loans etc. If you establish policy that forces institutions to extend loans to unqualified applicants, there will be hell to pay (or not pay).

46zilzal
05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Both the passed over students as well as those taken under false premises were hurt by the greed of the institutions that banked on those extra grants. THE SCHOOLS, in the case reviewed, were the perpetrators.

The Judge
05-20-2009, 04:57 PM
whether or not Rush is a racist personally he certainly wants his core audience to think he is, so he panders to that taste. He says whatever is necessary to keep things stirred up then he goes home and takes a nap while his audience has their blood pressure up, headed for the local bar to talk shop with their buddies. "Did you hear Rush today" what he said about Jackson/Obama/ Sharpton/King/McNabb/Ali/Welfare/.

I have one question for you; can black people claim Obama as one of their heroes? Not according to Rush, see my point, what black person in their right mind would listen to such trash? If black people listen to Rush the only heroes they would have would be Clarence Thomas,Alan Keyes,and Ward Connerly. Don't you think it strange that the black people that some of you think should be black role models are generally disliked by black people.

In the not to distant future it maybe white students that need affirmative action in the Universities especially on the coasts and at the major universities . As Asians and seem to benefit most from what is now used by most colleges in admission.
[url]http://wwwusatoday..com/http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/02/

The Judge
05-20-2009, 05:07 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/02/asians-not-whit.html

46zilzal
05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/02/asians-not-whit.html
When I was at UCLA the Nissei Bruins had, collectively, the highest mean GPA of any group on campus. NOTHING has changed much.

The Judge
05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
seems to have done a lot of analysis of affirmative action as it is today he seems far from a liberal as far as I can tell . Here is what he has to say about who is unqualified and yet are still admitted to college forcing more qualified students out. I'll spoil the surprise, its the Rich Kids who happen to be white white.

"Surf the websites of such institutions and you will find press releases boasting that they have increased their black and Hispanic enrollments, admitted bumper crops of National Merit scholars or became the destination of choice for hordes of high school valedictorians. Many are bragging about the large share of applicants they rejected, as a way of conveying to the world just how popular and selective they are.

What they almost never say is that many of the applicants who were rejected were far more qualified than those accepted. Moreover, contrary to popular belief, it was not the black and Hispanic beneficiaries of affirmative action, but the rich white kids with cash and connections who elbowed most of the worthier applicants aside."
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2007/09/28/at_the_elite_colleges___dim_white_kids/

46zilzal
05-20-2009, 05:27 PM
QUOTE: "Moreover, contrary to popular belief, it was not the black and Hispanic beneficiaries of affirmative action, but the rich white kids with cash and connections who elbowed most of the worthier applicants aside."

Always is the case

Tom
05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Affirmative action is racism. Period.

Warren Henry
05-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Both the passed over students as well as those taken under false premises were hurt by the greed of the institutions that banked on those extra grants. THE SCHOOLS, in the case reviewed, were the perpetrators.

The schools just followed the rules laid down by the lawmakers and activists/community organizers.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Always is the caseAlways? You of all people shouldn't be speaking in such absolutes...in fact, I think you've jumped down other people's throats (especially on the horse racing side) for using such terms.

boxcar
05-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Affirmative action is racism. Period.

Of course it is! Giving preference to one race or ethnic group on the basis of race or ethnicity comes always at the expense of another race or group. And this unequal treatment, by definition, is always discrimination.

Boxcar
P.S. See, silly (oops, I meant to say "zilly"), there are some genuine absolutes in this world.

46zilzal
05-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Always? You of all people shouldn't be speaking in such absolutes...in fact, I think you've jumped down other people's throats (especially on the horse racing side) for using such terms.
I went through two years of residency interviews: THEY WERE A JOKE.

The rich and connected got all of them the first time through, NOTHING has changed: MONEY TALKS and always has

Tom
05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Losers always whine. Never changes.:lol:

ArlJim78
05-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Did anyone mention how Rush resigned his post as leader of the Republican party yesterday? he formally turned it over to Colin Powell.:lol:

46zilzal
05-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Did anyone mention how Rush resigned his post as leader of the Republican party yesterday? he formally turned it over to Colin Powell.
How can one resign a position that they did not hold in the first place?

I think I will resign from some post I never held today as well.

Warren Henry
05-21-2009, 12:52 PM

When God created liberals, he left out the humor bone.

46zilzal
05-21-2009, 12:54 PM
When God created liberals, he left out the humor bone.
Now I get it. you have to be from one of those FLAT DRY boring HEART LAND states to understand things. Yup

ArlJim78
05-21-2009, 12:56 PM

you're quite the quick study there.

of course he never held that position, but that is what has been alledged by msm types only about 1000 times since his CPAC speech.

so he turned the tables on them, and annouced he's resigning.:D

also since Colin Powell is looking for a new kind of GOP, it's the perfect chance for him to step forward and be a leader and show us the way.

"GOP 2012 - VICTORY THROUGH MODERATION AND REACHING OUT"

46zilzal
05-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Having grown up in the RIGHT wing Capital of California, the Repug point of view has always been to make the fat cats fatter. How anyone cannot see this is beyond me.

When I first went to UCLA they all asked me if, at our high school football games, did we cheer "lean to the right lean to the right, Stand up, Sit down, fight ,fight, fight?" there being no left our course only being RIGHT of something else.

Tom
05-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Having grown up in the RIGHT wing Capital of California, the Repug point of view has always been to make the fat cats fatter. How anyone cannot see this is beyond me.

Of course, that is what happens when one group carries the state. The do-nothing libs with liberal arts degrees who sit around contemplating thier navals do not generate jobs, churn the economy, fuel investments and carry those who do not contribute. It is only fair that theses cats get fatter.
The opportunity to grow and prosper is what drives a free nation. And carries half the people.

46zilzal
05-21-2009, 03:11 PM
The oxymoron of compassionate conservative as outline on Wiki:

Critics of George W. Bush have criticized the phrase "compassionate conservatism" as simply sugarcoating; an empty phrase or vacuism to make traditional conservatism sound more appealing to moderate voters. Liberal commentator Joe Conason, noting Bush's policy of tax cuts, wrote in 2003 that "so far, being a 'compassionate conservative' appears to mean nothing very different from being a hardhearted, stingy, old-fashioned conservative." Similarly, former President Bill Clinton described the message of compassionate conservatism as: "I want to help you. I really do. But you know, I just can't."

Others on the left have viewed it as an effort to remove America's social safety net out of the hands of the government and give it to Christian churches. "Liberals make a big mistake if they dismiss 'compassionate conservatism' as just a hypocritical catch phrase," wrote University of Colorado religion professor Ira Chernus. "For the right, it is a serious scheme to give tax dollars to churches through so-called 'faith-based initiatives.'" Columnist Paul Krugman calls it a bone to the religious right, referencing Marvin Olasky's 'The Tragedy of American Compassion'

Tom
05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
That net doesn't belong in government.

The tragedy lies in the American leech.

"I don't want to help you, I really could, but you could get off your arse and take care of yourself."