PDA

View Full Version : That's it...I'm done....

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
I can't believe the opposition is simply rolling over and dying. Dems have the full court press going, and all we have is an old man still trying to find his stride at this late hour. Unreal.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10066307-38.html

Obama ad appears in Xbox 360 car racing game

Ads for Democratic politician Barack Obama are appearing in an Electronic Arts high-speed racing game. This appears to be the first time that a presidential candidate has bought in-game advertising.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
How appropriate that the Obama ad appears in a game called Burnout Paradise.

pktruckdriver
10-14-2008, 10:05 PM
You think he will sponsor an ad on the side of my truck in exchange for an

APU Unit.

I don't see why not, I drive all over the east coast and thru-out Penn and

Ohio 2 big states he needs to win, actually he probally doesn't need them

that badly.

I would also put McCain on the truck too, hell money is moneyto me, as each

canidate disgusts me, but less than a month to go, whooppee!!!!!!!!:jump:

ddog
10-14-2008, 11:37 PM
How appropriate that the Obama ad appears in a game called Burnout Paradise.

Yeah, I thought for sure it would Paulson.

:lol:

chickenhead
10-15-2008, 12:03 AM
throw it up on ebay for bid and email a link to both campaigns, AND the major newspapers in Ohio and Penn...it might sound crazy, but much stranger things have happened. They could probably get some good press out of it, one of those oddball feel good stories they try like hell to generate.

You think he will sponsor an ad on the side of my truck in exchange for an

APU Unit.

I don't see why not, I drive all over the east coast and thru-out Penn and

Ohio 2 big states he needs to win, actually he probally doesn't need them

that badly.

I would also put McCain on the truck too, hell money is moneyto me, as each

canidate disgusts me, but less than a month to go, whooppee!!!!!!!!:jump:

Tampa Russ
10-15-2008, 06:45 AM
I can't believe the opposition is simply rolling over and dying. Dems have the full court press going, and all we have is an old man still trying to find his stride at this late hour. Unreal.

Dems are excited for their candidate after 8 years of Bush. Repubs are for the most part frustrated with their candidate. All the polling data I see indicates that the vast majority of us are really fed up with congress, but we'll elect the same scum to those positions over and over anyway. What is it, like 68,000 pages of tax code? Now I'm sitting back and thinking that Ron Paul is the guy that made the most sense, but he pretty much got laughed out of the race. I've been an optimist for the adult portion of my 49 years, but I am no longer. All I can foresee is a total meltdown; an implosion. Things will get better one day, but I truly do not see that as probable within my lifetime.

lamboguy
10-15-2008, 07:01 AM
this 2 party system really stinks. the republicans and democrats are boring the hell out of us now. they say the same thing over and over again. republicans think you have to be loyal to the party, no matter how bad the present elected officals are. the democrats just tell you how bad the guy is, but offer no real solutions.

we have a poorly run fractional banking system that no one wants to really fix. the banks are all broke. an example is soverign bank had a run on 9% of their deposits. because of the fractional banking system they became insolvent overnight and had to be let loose. every 15-20 years the problems come up with banks by design i beleive. its just to fleece the public out of more money.

right now the banks along with the government are trying to confuse us so we think everything is under control. paper gold has dropped 20% and is being kept low for the moment. try buying a gold coin these days, there are over $100 premiums to get your hands on them if you are lucky. the us mint has suspended precious metal sales. gold is every central bank and government enemy thruout the world. the real story shows up with the price of gold vs. the underlying fiat currency.

Tom
10-15-2008, 07:56 AM
I feel like I'm on Dancing With the Stars with "Bernie's body" when I try to get behind McCain. There are very few people who we could have put out there that could beat Obama easily......guess who one of them is? :mad:

hcap
10-15-2008, 08:25 AM
So are you voting? Or are you sitting out the election.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................again?

Tom
10-15-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm voting against Obama.
McCain is a zero....that makes him tons better than Obama who is a big fat zip.

pktruckdriver
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
As suggested I did the following on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270288130401

Stranger things have happened in this country and election, but who knows.....

I need the APU, why not get it from them, to me they owe me one.....

Patrick

chickenhead
10-15-2008, 03:59 PM
looks good but you need to play it up some more if possible...

I don't know if you can still edit the comments, but add some stuff about how you're hurting with the economy the way it is, and you need some help, and that if they're serious about helping out the average people, they can put their advertising budgets to good use rather than handing it all over to the big media outfits.

Tell them to support the truckers, and support the Good Ole US of A!

JustRalph
10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
why don't you just call Idle Buster and see if they will advertise on your unit? I am sure they have heard that one before though...........can't hurt.........

chickenhead
10-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I emailed around links and short paragraph to a few Ohio news places, maybe I can do some more tonight. These guys are spending millions a day in targeted advertising, don't underestimate what a feel good story would be worth to them in Ohio and Penn. They wouldn't be paying for the advertising, they'd be paying for the story of it.

McCain camp helps down on his luck trucker, and the environment.

$7K is nothing for a headline like that. It just needs to get out there in front of people, then you can hope someone bites.

JustRalph
10-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I sent the link to a contact at Idlebuster.......... what the hell............ :bang:

pktruckdriver
10-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Guys

Really thanks alot, it doesn't hurt, and it may help, or so I wish.

Will try to edit it more to play up the neediness to survive with the high fuel prices, as gas goes down diesel goes up, still about 4.00 a gallon in NY.

What the heck I tried, now it is sit a wait time.

AGAIN MANY MANY THANKS REALLY

PATRICK