PDA

View Full Version : Don't Drink The Cool-Aid

how cliche
10-14-2008, 07:45 PM
If Thoroughbred racing has taught me anything it's this. When too many people agree they're incorrect. The two major parties have dosed on their own medicine for so long they can't see the forest for the trees. They're both incorrect. The questions then are: Who is more wrong? Is there any hope of righting their course?

My background is as a son of The People's Republic of Berkeley with two uberliberal parents and an unquestioning uberliberal sibling. In my adult life I've lived as a son of Alameda, a conservative city which many Berkeley people consider a hick town.

All of this has made me into a one man paradox. I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I suppose you can call me a libertarian. My party never wins anything. Call it a wasted vote if you'd like, but for me the best option available is Bob Barr for President and Wayne A Root for Vice President.

I wish somehow we could handicap the candidates as you do the horses. Profiles to examine them without the noise. Best of luck. May the less worse candidate win for you.

chickenhead
10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
hey hey, another ideological orphan adrift in the muck and mire of this fair land's political bog.

"Wear proper shoes, and keep your socks dry." is the only thing I've learned. The swamp-rot is a killer.

LottaKash
10-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Looks like a "Lesser-of-Evils" race......:lol:

best,