PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Info On "Snap Cap Software"

Tilenny
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I am looking for information on Snap Cap Software.

I beleive it is written by Tom Console.
Any info will be helpful.

wes
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
http://quickplayhorseracingsoftware.com/

wes

trying2win
10-16-2008, 03:58 AM
In my opinion, SNAP CAP PRO is actually not that bad of a handicapping software for the beginner to intermediate player. It states in the ad that SNAP CAP PRO uses the $1 BRIS data files in this software. One also has the option of using the less expensive 50 cent TSN data files, which can be adapted for use in SNAP CAP PRO as well. With the TSN data files, you just won't get any power, turf or mud ratings. If you can do without those three ratings, you can save a lot of money on data files over the long run. For that matter, if one subscribes to the TSN ADVANTAGE PLAN that uses PRO CAPS data files, those files can be adapted as well for use in SNAP CAP PRO.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM, and I can give you more info and a selection of screenshots if you like. If you like what you see, I have an original copy of SNAP CAP PRO that I'd be willing to sell for a 40 % discount off the price that QUICKPLAYHORSERACINGSOFTWARE.COM wants.

T2W

scgmhawk
10-16-2008, 08:43 AM
I took a look at the software on the site after reading the original post. Just note that it's not VISTA compatible (FYI).

Tom Barrister
10-16-2008, 01:00 PM
You can also use the Procaps files, which have the BRIS Power ratings.

For software that only uses BRIS files, you can get a utility called "Extension Renamer" (Google it, and the Download.com link will be the first hit on the page) which will mass-rename the *.eg or *.pcs TSN files to the BRIS *.drf file. Note that this won't copy the file, it will replace the extension, so if you have software which uses the TSN file extensions, you may want to copy the TSN files to another folder before renaming them.

Also note that BRIS uses different speed ratings (and possibly pace ratings, as well) than TSN does. It's generally thought that the BRIS ratings are better than the TSN ones, so if your program uses these ratings, you may sacrifice some quality for the decrease in price. Also, there are various other fields in the BRIS files that are blank or zero in one or both of the TSN files. If your program uses such ratings, it might not work properly with the TSN files. You might want to compare the printout of the BRIS vs TSN vs Procaps files to see if there's a difference.

Tilenny
10-16-2008, 04:41 PM
I Want to know if you would like to trade Snap Cap for something that i Have.

What are you interested in of would like to have in a trade.

JP

trying2win
10-16-2008, 07:00 PM

JP

Tilenny,

Sorry, I'm only interested in selling the SNAP CAP PRO handicapping software.

Thanks,

T2W

applebee
10-16-2008, 07:07 PM

JP

what do you have to trade?

Tilenny
10-16-2008, 08:14 PM
A Blue 1937 Ford Convertible

trying2win
10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I know this might sound like a Billy Mays commercial, but here goes:

If anyone wants to buy an original copy of SNAP CAP PRO handicapping software and they order by midnight today M.S.T., plus pay for it by PAY PAL, I'll reduce the price by another 10 %. I only have one original copy for sale.

So, for a limited time only, you can get SNAP CAP PRO from me, for 1/2 of the price that www.quickplayhorseracingsoftware.com (http://www.quickplayhorseracingsoftware.com/) is asking. Their price is $195.00 U.S. I'm only going offer this special for a limited time only for $97.00 U.S. and I'll pay the postage. If interested, send me a PM.

Thanks,

T2W

Tilenny
10-16-2008, 10:31 PM
No Thanks
I do not work well with deadlines.

applebee
10-16-2008, 10:49 PM
A Blue 1937 Ford Convertible

What kind of data files does it use?:D

Tilenny
10-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Down Loaded Files

headhawg
10-17-2008, 11:59 AM
No Thanks
I do not work well with deadlines.So. A user with 9 total posts starts a thread about it, then gets a great offer to purchase at a discount, and then says no.

Well, ok then.

Tilenny
10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Well If you beleive it is such a good offer, Why don't you buy it.

Tilenny
10-18-2008, 12:08 AM
From my posts. How did you determine that I was looking to buy the Snap Cap
program. I beleive I was asking for information and it was provided by Wes.

I think you jumped in too soon.

dartman51
10-19-2008, 12:24 AM
You can also use the Procaps files, which have the BRIS Power ratings.

For software that only uses BRIS files, you can get a utility called "Extension Renamer" (Google it, and the Download.com link will be the first hit on the page) which will mass-rename the *.eg or *.pcs TSN files to the BRIS *.drf file. Note that this won't copy the file, it will replace the extension, so if you have software which uses the TSN file extensions, you may want to copy the TSN files to another folder before renaming them.

Also note that BRIS uses different speed ratings (and possibly pace ratings, as well) than TSN does. It's generally thought that the BRIS ratings are better than the TSN ones, so if your program uses these ratings, you may sacrifice some quality for the decrease in price. Also, there are various other fields in the BRIS files that are blank or zero in one or both of the TSN files. If your program uses such ratings, it might not work properly with the TSN files. You might want to compare the printout of the BRIS vs TSN vs Procaps files to see if there's a difference.

All you need is a BATCH file and you can name it anything you want. I made my own :copy ???????.PCS ???????.DRF
del ???????.PCS
put in the folder with your pcs files, double click on it and it will change all files with the PCS extension at one time. Quick and easy.

Tom Barrister
10-19-2008, 01:42 AM
From my posts. How did you determine that I was looking to buy the Snap Cap
program. I beleive I was asking for information and it was provided by Wes.

I think you jumped in too soon.

I believe that this is your post:

JP

You got the information you asked for, and then you came back and asked to trade for Snap Capper. Since then, you've acted like a jerk more than once.

Pfranktdn9
07-08-2021, 10:35 AM
Do you still have the software Snap Cap Pro for sale?

Drifter
07-10-2021, 07:08 PM
I sent you a pm if you are interested in Snap Cap.