PDA

View Full Version : How Bad Will McCain Embarass Himself Wednesday?

Bubba X
10-13-2008, 04:59 PM
New polling has him down at his worst level ever.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Republicans are angry. Angry that McCain is running a lousy campaign. Angry that their incumbent president has led the economy into the gutter. Angry that people are too smart to believe Obama is Muslim. Angry that most people question just how wise it would be to elect a 72 year old 4-time cancer patient as president. Angry that no one really gives a darn about Ayers and Wright.

It is desperation time. Desperate people do desperate things. It is going to be interesting and, most likely a bit sad to watch McCain this week.

barn32
10-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Put on your flame retardant suit while you await the usual suspects.

JustRalph
10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
:sleeping:

Boris
10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
New polling has him down at his worst level ever.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Republicans are angry. Angry that McCain is running a lousy campaign. Angry that their incumbent president has led the economy into the gutter. Angry that people are too smart to believe Obama is Muslim. Angry that most people question just how wise it would be to elect a 72 year old 4-time cancer patient as president. Angry that no one really gives a darn about Ayers and Wright.

It is desperation time. Desperate people do desperate things. It is going to be interesting and, most likely a bit sad to watch McCain this week.

Thanks Keith.

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
All one has to do is look to the Democrat-led Congress to see where this country will go with Democrats in all the top spots.

Interesting to note Congress' approval rating as well.

America is a fickle bunch. How interesting would it be if these polls the left is constantly bombarding us with are a few percentage points off....plus the margin of error....would make for a helluva Tuesday night in November, I'll tell you that!

Steve 'StatMan'
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
If Obama does get elected, and things appear to be Obaminable, will the pundits complain and paint him and the leadership as imcompentent, and blast them every day, even on MSNBC and Air America? Will the late-night commedians who have helped over-simplify problems for the sake of humor and compound the disatisfaction by keeping the public from getting a mental-health break from all the problems and over-blown problems of the last 7 years, go after Obama? (I imagine some might, now sure how long the honeymoon will last.) Will the supporters from the left be able to handle the criticism, esp. with the big spector of ACORN and election fraud (provable this time and likely a big impact in the election vs. small allegations rarely proven the last 2 elections that likely did not affect outcomes, despite what the left blogs and late night hosts say.) Will the Main Stream Media start to suddenly favor the opposition from the right, in order to build controversy and discontent as to stir up interest so they still get viewers, much as they've done the last 7 years, and likely for decades before that?

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't know why folks are talking as if Obama is a done deal. The most liberal senator in the Congress, the most inexperienced president ever, the first black president....yeah....I'm sure the polls are highly accurate in all these regards....:lol:

Secretariat
10-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know why folks are talking as if Obama is a done deal. The most liberal senator in the Congress, the most inexperienced president ever, the first black president....yeah....I'm sure the polls are highly accurate in all these regards....:lol:

I certainly don't think it's a done deal at all. A lot can happen between now and then.

ddog
10-13-2008, 08:22 PM
If Obama does get elected, and things appear to be Obaminable, will the pundits complain and paint him and the leadership as imcompentent, and blast them every day, even on MSNBC and Air America? Will the late-night commedians who have helped over-simplify problems for the sake of humor and compound the disatisfaction by keeping the public from getting a mental-health break from all the problems and over-blown problems of the last 7 years, go after Obama? (I imagine some might, now sure how long the honeymoon will last.) Will the supporters from the left be able to handle the criticism, esp. with the big spector of ACORN and election fraud (provable this time and likely a big impact in the election vs. small allegations rarely proven the last 2 elections that likely did not affect outcomes, despite what the left blogs and late night hosts say.) Will the Main Stream Media start to suddenly favor the opposition from the right, in order to build controversy and discontent as to stir up interest so they still get viewers, much as they've done the last 7 years, and likely for decades before that?

Ohh, the humanity!!!

:lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Ohh, the humanity!!!

:lol:

You think Obama and the Democrats are going to have 8 years of a love-fest with 100% of the American People and the Media? You think there won't be plenty of scandals, as usual in DC? Think a lot of people won't still get very angry?

ArlJim78
10-13-2008, 08:55 PM
many are in for a shock on election night. there won't be enough plates of crow to go around.

Tom
10-13-2008, 10:53 PM
The only embarrassment should be by those who buy Obama's continual lies.
There is no excuse to be that damned ignorant. :lol:

ElKabong
10-13-2008, 11:34 PM
You think Obama and the Democrats are going to have 8 years of a love-fest with 100% of the American People and the Media? You think there won't be plenty of scandals, as usual in DC? Think a lot of people won't still get very angry?

Amen, Steve

also...If 0b0 gets elected, and I don't beleive he will, he'll have a mob of GOP members after him before he gets into the WH, just as GWB had a mob of 'Rats after him before he got into office.

To be honest, 0bama disgusts me beyond words. I'll do whatever I can as a volunteer, as a donor, as anything, to help get his ass impeached, removed or tossed out of office asap (should he steal the election). And don't play that weak race card crap either. I'd vote for Powell or Rice over any of the 4 on the tickets of choice right now.

The GOP will be under immense pressure to put the squeeze on 0bama in the very same manner GWB was by the Rats. Immediately.

HUSKER55
10-14-2008, 12:59 AM
If McCain comes out and forces Obama into a corner with the ACORN crap, the fraudulent voter registration that is now happening and his selection of advisors from bankrupt companies and his dumb ideas then I think he has a chance.

But if he comes out weak with all this ammo then I think it is time for him to retire.

Ball is in his court. It is time for a grand slam.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2008, 01:01 AM
McCain risks looking petty if he starts bringing the ACORN stuff up....McCain's job is to focus on the big issues facing the U.S.A.

It's the media's job to focus on the smaller....oh....wait a minute....silly me....:lol: :lol:

slewis
10-14-2008, 02:05 AM
If Mccain brings the Acorn stuff up, all he's going to do is get his supporters to cheer rah rah, and Obama's to go "big deal"?? so what?

You guys would make terrible campagne advisors.

He MUST get swing votes. That is his target. If he can tie Obama to THIS acorn debacle, great. But he cant. Guilt by association wont work unless he stretches things and that, I think, would backfire. He wouldn't sway me if I were a swing voter on acorn.
And I can be very neutral.......
He must come up with something more positive, construtctive, a new strategy to save the economy might be his best shot.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2008, 02:17 AM
He must come up with something more positive, construtctive, a new strategy to save the economy might be his best shot.He's done this already, and it's failed miserably in terms of impact.

DeanT
10-14-2008, 02:36 AM
I agree. Last shot for him so I'd say he'll be bold. IMO, he's got to get the message across that a son of the Chicago political machine in bed with ACORN groups and a dem congress will not change a thing; it'll be politics as usual, with a different cast of characters.

I cant believe Mccain could not run better on the change thing. Obama is so yesterday in terms of what people want, as he is clearly an entreched partisan, I am totally surprised. Even dumb people up here in Canada know about McCain kicking the pork barrels ass. It is a strange election down there.

Ours election is tomorrow. The tax raisers are going to lose. Your election is much more exciting :)

bigmack
10-14-2008, 02:43 AM
Hard to have much in the way of good to say about this McC campaign. What's he gonna do, a whole new routine in this round and turn this thing around? Good luck. His fate was sealed after the last clam bake.

In an very strange world, how would The Bradley Effect stack up against ACORN? :eek:

barn32
10-14-2008, 02:47 AM
I certainly don't think it's a done deal at all. A lot can happen between now and then.I agree. Pigs could actually start flying.

HUSKER55
10-14-2008, 04:02 AM
according to local TV ACORN is responsible for the illegal voter registrations that are starting to show up. (ohio and west virginia if memory serves)

Voting fraud is a serious as is Obamas ties to terrorists.

Yes, McCain is going to have to focus on the larger issues and present his agenda and at the same time destroy Obamas.

He has the ammo, can he deliver.

hcap
10-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Not a winning strategy for McCain

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/mccainacorn2.jpg

" Miami, Florida – February 20, 2006 ― Leaders from a diverse array of sectors will hold a rally in Miami on Thursday, February 23, 2006, in support of comprehensive immigration reform in an effort to keep immigration reform at the forefront of the public debate. Leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, labor, business, and religious organizations will gather to call on Washington to enact workable reform.

The rally will feature Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as the headline speaker along with elected officials, immigrants and key local and national leaders. Sen. McCain is one of the chief sponsors of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act; bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform legislation introduced last Congress and scheduled for consideration by the Senate in the coming weeks. A similar rally with Sen. McCain is planned for New York City on February 27 [...]

The rally in Miami is being sponsored by the New American Opportunity campaign (NAOC) in partnership with ACORN, Catholic Legal Services - Archdiocese of Miami, Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Miami Dade College, People for the American Way/Mi Familia Vota en Acción, Service Employees International Union, and UNITE HERE."

ArlJim78
10-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Not a winning strategy for McCain

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/mccainacorn2.jpg

" Miami, Florida – February 20, 2006 ― Leaders from a diverse array of sectors will hold a rally in Miami on Thursday, February 23, 2006, in support of comprehensive immigration reform in an effort to keep immigration reform at the forefront of the public debate. Leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, labor, business, and religious organizations will gather to call on Washington to enact workable reform.

The rally will feature Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as the headline speaker along with elected officials, immigrants and key local and national leaders. Sen. McCain is one of the chief sponsors of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act; bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform legislation introduced last Congress and scheduled for consideration by the Senate in the coming weeks. A similar rally with Sen. McCain is planned for New York City on February 27 [...]

The rally in Miami is being sponsored by the New American Opportunity campaign (NAOC) in partnership with ACORN, Catholic Legal Services - Archdiocese of Miami, Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Miami Dade College, People for the American Way/Mi Familia Vota en Acción, Service Employees International Union, and UNITE HERE."
so McCain speaks at an immigration event that happens to have ACORN as one of its many sponsors, and it's somehow the same thing as Obama telling an ACORN audience that they will help shape the policies of his administration? come on. McCain has nothing to do with ACORN, Obama has fought for them and helped to fund them and made promises to them.

Tom
10-14-2008, 09:28 AM
hcap only gets told what to post by his leaders, not what it means.
He sees the word ACORN in two places an immediately it is the same thing to him.

DeanT
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
This ACORN story gets bigger and bigger. Even CNN is on the bandwagon, and that says something. The first 2100 checked in Indiana were all fraud including a bunch of dead people.

Nice picture on Drudge this morning: ACORN Registers Mickey Mouse.

The Tampa story is unreadable because their server fried I guess.

O will suffer over this.

Tom
10-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Mickey Mouse? I thought is was Obama in that photo. The ears threw me off.

ddog
10-14-2008, 10:19 AM

scandals are to Dc as air is to breathing.

I think that no matter which one gets in that we are very close to a complete distrust among the various sides and it is corrosive, I think many now would rather take their ball and go home if they can't get their way on everything.

I think that to be in perpetual war,we may not have a choice, in and of itself will result in further wedge driving on the softer issues.

Most people are figuring out that they never get straight dope anymore and this whole pump and dump financial scam is the final confirming fact.

I just don't see among the political class of leaders any calm and thoughtfull explanations of where we want to go and what are the various choices to make and why.

I don't think you can have informed consent when little relevant information gets to those who need to give that consent.

As to your anger, it is no replacement for calm assesment and steady actions toward an agreed upon goal.
However the very few times I hear some of the clowns on tv or radio , anger certainly seems what they are selling.

slewis
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
He's done this already, and it's failed miserably in terms of impact.

He's gotta keep at this. The only other chance he has is if there is a terrorist attack prior to the election.

He needs to convince swing voters.
I say Acorn is a waste of time...... talk about people's retirement, everyone has taken it on the chin and people are scared. He must come up with an angle here to have a chance.

Or hope Obama, I mean Osama, (LOL) blows up a building (god forbid)........... and that's a big stretch.

Tom
10-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Old Man, Johnny......listen up.

Obama is an extreme lib, just hammer that point home. Don't argue him with rhetoric, use facts and numbers. Libs cannot stand up to facts. Expose his ridiculous Obamanomics and small business delusions. Show how many jobs small business actually provide, and how many more will be lost under his plan. Stop saying "my friends" and act like a leader, not Uncle Fluffy. Keep hitting him with "how? how? how? how?" and be prepared to come back with your own hows when he tries to turn it on you.

He is a fraud and has no depth, no substance.....expose him. Make people feel confident in you with facts, not lipstick.

Kick his wuthless arse!

Feel free to use my economic recovery plan - consider it yours for the taking. Simply, the USA will not accept imports from any nation that cannot document strict adherence to all regulations and laws that apply to US businesses, in terms of OSHA, wages, insurance, disability, worker's rights. Never say free trade, alway say FAIR trade, and hammer it home that to expect the American worker to compete with any nations that do not meet our standards is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Hammer it home that WE set the standards, and we do not accept anyone who fails to meet them as worthy of being a trade partner. Throw Bush and Clinton under the bus for costing us millions of good jobs by rewarding third world slave labor.