PDA

View Full Version : ? for Hamilton,Ont. & Surrounding Area Bettors

TimesTheyRAChangin
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I am moving to Hamilton within the next week.Until I buy a new pc,the only place I can find near me to wager at is 'CHEERS' on Upper Ottawa.
I'm certain they take cash bets,but is there any other option?
I understand they are part of the Flamboro Downs teletheatre system,so does that mean they take HPI cards at the SAM's,or something similar?
Anybody help me with this?
Thanks in advance!
TTRAC

Cangamble
10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Here is a list from May.
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/races/teletheatres.html

TimesTheyRAChangin
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
I understand they are part of the Flamboro Downs teletheatre system,so does that mean they take HPI cards at the SAM's,or something similar?
Anybody help me with this?
Thanks in advance!
TTRAC

Thanks for the list CG,but it doesn't answer the question.
Can I use my WEG HPI card there,or do I have to sign up for Great Canadian Gaming,or whatever the name is of the Flamboro teletheatre operator?
Thanks!
TTRAC

nativenova
10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I have never been able to use my HPI card outside the Greater Toronto Area,When I have gone to Niagara Falls or Ajax I have not been able to use my HPI card,
What you may want to do if you know anyone living in the GTA area use their mailing address then you can use you HPI account through telephone wagering or internet @ HPIbet.com
Keep in mind you can bet alot more tracks using your HPI account then at wagering at your local OTB (other then GTA area),the other option may be to set up an account with Ian at premierturfclub.com but unfortunately the bastards at the OJC will not allow you to bet Woodbine races.
Woodbine is not more then an hour away from Hamilton,other option is to drive to Mohawk .

Regards,
Mike

TimesTheyRAChangin
10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
I have never been able to use my HPI card outside the Greater Toronto Area,When I have gone to Niagara Falls or Ajax I have not been able to use my HPI card,
What you may want to do if you know anyone living in the GTA area use their mailing address then you can use you HPI account through telephone wagering or internet @ HPIbet.com
Keep in mind you can bet alot more tracks using your HPI account then at wagering at your local OTB (other then GTA area),the other option may be to set up an account with Ian at premierturfclub.com but unfortunately the bastards at the OJC will not allow you to bet Woodbine races.
Woodbine is not more then an hour away from Hamilton,other option is to drive to Mohawk .
Regards,
Mike

OK Mike!
If I understand you correctly,my only options are to bet at a teller w/cash,or buy vouchers to use on the SAM's.
I don't drive,so that is out of the question.
I knew about this move a year ago,so didn't want to sign up w/Ian until I'm settled in.Early next year,probably.By then I'll have a better,more robust pc too.
But,like I said,I do have an HPI account now.Guess it's time to take out what $$ are left in it.
So,thanks very much for your help!
TTRAC

TimesTheyRAChangin
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
And thanks to you,again,Dean!
TTTRAC

toetoe
10-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Wasn't that Perry White's favorite ejaculatory vent --- "Great Canadian Gaming, Clark ?" I'll wager my Jonah Jameson bobblehead doll AND my Marvel Merry Marching Society (We need YOU !) membership card that I'm right. If I were wrong, wotta revolt'n development THAT would be. Grim, even.

Flame on, PA'ers. :ThmbUp:

Cangamble
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
You can always bet online with your HPI account or use their toll free number and bet by phone.
I'm not sure what the deal is with Hamilton pertaining to HPI teletheatres. I suggest you call HPI or the teletheatres.