PDA

View Full Version : Randy Giles/Pace Alert

andicap
07-05-2001, 05:39 PM
Anyone who is familiar with Randy Giles' Hot pace figures: is it possible to input those ratios, (.632) for example, into a spreadsheet and have the figures (+2, for example) computed for each of the tracks? Much faster than doing it by hand.

Tom
07-05-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Anyone who is familiar with Randy Giles' Hot pace figures: is it possible to input those ratios, (.632) for example, into a spreadsheet and have the figures (+2, for example) computed for each of the tracks? Much faster than doing it by hand.

It should be fairly easy to do. What tracks do you play?
If I have them in my db I'll run a sheet for the last cople months and post it for yo to try out. It could actually valid the multipliers and keep them current as well.

Any word on when Randy will be posting new material?

Tom

andicap
07-05-2001, 06:45 PM
I'd like to get as many as possible. I could do it myself with a few how-tos.
I've done a few manually. How about Calder?

Not exactly, he just says "soon."

I'm looking forward to his work on pace comfort zones.

I wish he had multipliers for route races.

witchdoctor
07-05-2001, 08:43 PM
Randy put up a new article on listening to what horses are telling us about 2 weeks ago.

andicap
07-05-2001, 09:14 PM
Actually that one had been up there from before Randy's sabbatical. He has not posted yet since his return.

Tom
07-05-2001, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by andicap
I'd like to get as many as possible. I could do it myself with a few how-tos.
I've done a few manually. How about Calder?

Not exactly, he just says "soon."

I'm looking forward to his work on pace comfort zones.

I wish he had multipliers for route races.

Unfortunatley, I don't keep Calder stats, but I did try it out with Belmont-the rtf file attached is the Belmont meet this spring through 6/29/01.
I calculated the multipiers from the dats itself since I don't have the actual ones Randy uses. I was not sure if the "fast 2" meant 1/5's or 1/10'2 - so I used 1/10's
for this file. If it is supposed to be 1/5's, just cut the number in half.
I read a couple of articles tonight that I missed before-I like the turf figures one-I want to try that out this weekened.
Let me know what you think of this spreadsheet or if you think something different should be done.
Tom

I couldn't upload the whole file - it was too big. If you want the whole thing, email me and I will send to you.

andicap
07-06-2001, 07:40 AM
Great Tom, thanks. If I could get Simulcast Weekly reliably I'd compute them for my tracks in a few minutes.

Actually, though what I'm looking for is a chart whereby you could look up the pace for each upcoming race off a spreadsheet.
One column would say. 45.2 (by the way they are in fifths, not hundreths) and the other, 110. And the spreadsheet would calcuate the figure (+2, say).

I started doing this by hand using his calcuator and I've done the NY tracks, Monmouth and Delaware, but it takes a long time because sometimes you have 3 distances to compute.

Tom
07-06-2001, 10:30 AM
andicap,
You could download either the DRF card, TSNor BRIS cards (I am not suure about ITS but I think you could use this also). Export the days racces in excel and then insert a column for the rating you need. Sort the data by distance, calculate the numbers, then re-sort by track, race horse, etc, adn you will have it for every race on the card. I'll try this tonight and see how much work it is.
Tom

Tom
08-11-2001, 11:21 AM
andy,
Have you heard any more about his new articles coming out? There was a flurry of posts for a few days on his forum and then everythig just went silent again.
Tom

andicap
08-13-2001, 03:49 PM
Nope. Haven't heard a thing.