PDA

View Full Version : Gallop Racer Fans

Observer
03-20-2003, 12:08 AM
This is for you!
Gallop Racer 2003 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/gallopracer2003anewbreed/preview_2911968.html)

Zaf
03-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Is this available for the PC ?

ZAFONIC

Observer
03-20-2003, 10:34 PM
No, I don't think so .. it's for PlayStation 2 .. when the second edition of Gallop Racer came out, specifically designed for the new (at that time) PlayStation 2 .. we had to get both :rolleyes: .. but it's so worth it :D .. the game is awesome! Gallop Racer 2003 is the third edition of the game .. and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm tired of having to play as a male jockey :p .. especially when the first edition you had a choice .. this edition, you actually get different faces to pick from .. I think three of either gender. If you're into these kind of things .. playing video games .. and have been looking for a horse racing game .. this is the one!

Zaf
03-21-2003, 07:26 PM
I do not have a play station. The only computer game that I own is Quarter Pole Plus which I bought in the gift shop at Woodbine.

I find the simulations in Equisim much more interesting.

ZAFONIC

Fatl@DMTC.Com
03-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Zafonic, have you ever played Final Furlong at the Arcade in the Woodbine Mall? Talk about a work out, my arms were rubber for a good hour, if that's what jocks have to go through, they must be great athletes.

Zaf
03-24-2003, 11:07 PM
I've seen the game , but never tried it. The jocks are truly great athletes. Willie Shoemaker pound for pound was as strong as any man alive in his prime.

ZAFONIC

SandyE
03-27-2003, 08:19 AM
Hello Fatl et al;

From my point of view Final Furlong is very much like the Equizer but with a screen in front of you and it's got the bike stirrups instead of the stirrups that riders'/Jockeys' actually use and their also attached just like the so called reins are. Their more like handlebars then actual reins. When I first heard about Final Furlong I thought it was set up simular to the Equizer until I saw it in person. I've yet to use final furlong myself I guess I've got to get over the look of it first. It just looks like they used a motorcyle as their role model. I've got find out if my local mall has final furlong in it's arcade.
Gotta get fit somehow right?:p
GSTAWD!
SandyE

superfecta
03-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by SandyE@DMTC
Hello Fatl et al;

From my point of view Final Furlong is very much like the Equizer but with a screen in front of you and it's got the bike stirrups instead of the stirrups that riders'/Jockeys' actually use and their also attached just like the so called reins are. Their more like handlebars then actual reins. When I first heard about Final Furlong I thought it was set up simular to the Equizer until I saw it in person. I've yet to use final furlong myself I guess I've got to get over the look of it first. It just looks like they used a motorcyle as their role model. I've got find out if my local mall has final furlong in it's arcade.
Gotta get fit somehow right?:p
GSTAWD!
SandyE Do NOT try this game if you are not in shape!I tried it twice and its tough on the bod.

SandyE
03-28-2003, 08:31 AM
Funny thiing is I think I know where your username comes from but not really sure.
You've seen the equizer that I'm talking about right? There are at least two diferent versions of the equizer. The one that riders'/Jockeys' use, one that people use to practice roping from. I believe theres one for those who ride using english saddles.
Actually I believe the hard part for me anyway will be keeping my hands on those handlebars for reins. And your body actually is much more resilent then you think/believe.
To tell the truth Superfecta I've been thinking of buiding/making my own version of the equizer which probably would be cheaper in the long run then the actual or real equizer. A couple bales of straw wouldn't be to expensive it's just the saddle and bridle would be any where from $500 to a grand for those including fittings. Gotta go check with an old family friend to see if she has anything like what I'm looking for Or do you have any ideas where I could go for stuff like that?:D
GSTAWD!
SandyE

superfecta
03-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SandyE@DMTC
Funny thiing is I think I know where your username comes from but not really sure.
You've seen the equizer that I'm talking about right? There are at least two diferent versions of the equizer. The one that riders'/Jockeys' use, one that people use to practice roping from. I believe theres one for those who ride using english saddles.
Actually I believe the hard part for me anyway will be keeping my hands on those handlebars for reins. And your body actually is much more resilent then you think/believe.
To tell the truth Superfecta I've been thinking of buiding/making my own version of the equizer which probably would be cheaper in the long run then the actual or real equizer. A couple bales of straw wouldn't be to expensive it's just the saddle and bridle would be any where from $500 to a grand for those including fittings. Gotta go check with an old family friend to see if she has anything like what I'm looking for Or do you have any ideas where I could go for stuff like that?:D
GSTAWD!
SandyE You know what? You might be on to something there,if you could design one that was easier to use,inexpensive and could be used in the home,you could be the next Tony Little.
You must be new to horseracing if you don't know what a superfecta is:D Its a bet that requires you to pick the first four finishers in order.Most "pros" say thats it is a bad bet,but for me its my main bet,along with the tri.

SandyE
03-28-2003, 10:46 PM
No not really just the puting part of it. I know about the racing part of it but as far as putting that knowledge to placing a wager? I can read the DRF with no problem. Up until I'd say 86 was the first time I'd really adventured to place a wager and that was w/p/s. The local fire co had a bus trip to Garden State Park that year and I didn't do to badly for someone who had never placed a wager prior to then. Not only did I use the form but I also watched the horses in the walking ring prior being tacked up and afterwards also. Usually I'll peruse the DRF to see if I was riding who would I ride by the stats of a horse prior starts and also pedigree. That's where I forget that person who has the asignment on the horse I pick. Knowing how and where a certain rider likes to be at any given point in a race and seeing if that riding style fits that horse, but that's the key to raceriding fitting your style to that of the horses running style.
An inespensive version of the equizer for home use eh?
One of the designs I saw looked very similiar to that of a kiddys horse on those springs. You know what I'm talking about right? So you've seen an equizer then? It has an actual saddle and bridle on it.
You've got me thinking here the posibilities are endless.
GSTAWD!
SandyE