PDA

View Full Version : BEST BONEHEAD MOVE EVER, POLL

pktruckdriver
10-10-2008, 11:58 PM
All those who agree that choosing Palin is the worst political move ever?:ThmbUp:

ElKabong
10-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Nah, I'll vote for 0bama being the biggest bonehead (story below). Not only does he have a "Muslim Outreach Director", this moron had him attend a meeting with "controversial Muslim activists". More and more, the ties with groups like this keeps popping up.

http://deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com/

The Obama campaign’s Muslim outreach director participated in a meeting in mid September that was attended by several controversial Muslim activists, NBC News has learned. The Obama campaign now concedes that was a misjudgment, and that its top Muslim staffer would not have attended the meeting if she had known the full participant list beforehand.

banacek
10-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Why is this a public poll..there's already enough venom around here.

HUSKER55
10-11-2008, 01:26 AM
One of the other threads has somebody complaining because Sarah winked at them.

Any full grown American male that is afraid of a woman, good lookin to boot, winking at them deserves to be shot.

Real men are not afraid of women.

Of course, if you are an over 40 year old virgin, I suppose your perspective might be tainted.

I guess that is why we call them democrats. Sound better than morons.

JBmadera
10-11-2008, 06:33 AM
My daughter hates me for it but I love Sarah America!......:jump:

pktruckdriver
10-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Alaska has found she has abused her power in Alaska, yet abusing power is the Norm for VP's right, I mean look at Cheney for God's sake.

I am not against women here, just this one in particular, come who did the background check on her, we are talking Vice President of this country, I've had tougher background checks on some of my truck driving jobs.

The results of the poll really surprises me, they do, maybe I am the one who is out of touch here, so many other great choices and he made this one.

Looks like I was wrong, ok I will admit it, the polls show it.

rastajenk
10-11-2008, 08:55 AM
"Alaska" found no such thing. Do some basic looking around.

dutchboy
10-11-2008, 10:05 AM
I would vote for the boys at AIG admitting in hearings that bonuses to executives were calculated on income of profitable divisions before losses were deducted at unprofitable divisons.

lsbets
10-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Here is what I don't get. Maybe someone can explain it to me. Lets assume that the only reason she fired the guy was because he did not fire the trooper. The trooper, by his own admission, tasered his 10 year old step son.

Hello! He tasered a ****ing kid. If his boss didn't fire him, his boss needed to be fired. End of story. The guy has no business being in law enforcement. Anyone who doesn't get that is an idiot or so partisan they are a total waste of time.

Tom
10-11-2008, 10:18 AM
ls, you know the prevailing intelligence around here - taser a criminal and you are an animal. Taser a child, hey, it helps the liberal agenda, no problem.
Sara did the exact right thing here, that is why none of the libs can understand it.

pktruckdriver
10-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Hello! He tasered a ****ing kid. If his boss didn't fire him, his boss needed to be fired. End of story. The guy has no business being in law enforcement. Anyone who doesn't get that is an idiot or so partisan they are a total waste of time.

OK YOU CONVINCE ME IF THIS IS TRUE, BUT IF IT WAS, WHY THEN ARE THEY INVESTIGATING IT, DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO INVESTIGATE THIS, MUST BE MORE TO THE STORY......

Marshall Bennett
10-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Look who Obama has associated with . To be affiliated with a known terrorist may not be a crime but it damn well should be . Had this story been about Obama instead of Palin , it wouldn't have been worth the paper it was written on .

NJ Stinks
10-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Alaska has found she has abused her power in Alaska, yet abusing power is the Norm for VP's right, I mean look at Cheney for God's sake.

I am not against women here, just this one in particular, come who did the background check on her, we are talking Vice President of this country, I've had tougher background checks on some of my truck driving jobs.

The results of the poll really surprises me, they do, maybe I am the one who is out of touch here, so many other great choices and he made this one.

Looks like I was wrong, ok I will admit it, the polls show it.

VP choices like Cheney and Agnew are two solid reasons why Sarah isn't the worst political move ever, Pktruckdriver.

lsbets
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM
The report seems to be a pretty disjointed opinion piece that reached a predetermined conclusion it was always supposed to arrive at. Could someone please explain the key findings to me and how they both fit with each other, and with the headlines? Here they are:

Finding Number One

For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides

The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust."

Finding Number Two

I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

How can one abuse their power when the use of that power in the case that abuse is alleged was a proper and lawful exercise of that authority?

xtb
10-11-2008, 02:19 PM
VP choices like Cheney and Agnew are two solid reasons why Sarah isn't the worst political move ever, Pktruckdriver.

The worst vp choice had to be lbj, a deadly move.

Rookies
10-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Absolutely not.

America selecting the incumbent idiot twice... well, at least once... certainly was.

Although, there were certainly a few more experienced and conservative choices... even among Republican women.

As for the story, the trooper appears to be an idiot. Little doubt that Lady Sarah used her considerable influence to remove him.

In sum... much to do about very little. Shows what she'd be like in power though.

PUNISH THINE ENEMIES !

Tom
10-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow. You reached that conclusion off of that news story???
How many bridges do you own? You strike me as pretty gullible.

HUSKER55
10-11-2008, 07:34 PM
with all of the real skeletons in Obama's closet why pick on Sarah? The media is biased beyond reason. Hollywood is even going after Sarah.

Regardless of what side of the aisle you are on, there is no way a reasonable person can not see that.

Vote McCain and Palin, if nothing else but to send a resounding meassage that we the people are not taking their crap any longer.

Us citizens can go through the senate to get the change we want. Will we have to work harder? YES !!!

But that is preferable to the alternative. If you vote for Obama the media wins and they are not doing their job. This election is not unbiased journalism. The media was was tainted and they abused their resources and their powers.

How do we, as citizens, reprimand them?

People, this is serious. Are we really going to take what the media has fed us and do nothing?

Are we really going to let them get away with irresponsible journalism? They want the right to conceal their sources but they call this journalism? I don't think so.

What is the media really covering up?

To hell with the politics. This is not right and none of us can defeat them unless we work together. For all the time effort and money the media put forth, a McCain/Palin victory would really show them, that we, the people, are not going to be lead by the nose and that we hold them responsible for their actions and in-actions. Included in that list is reasonable, unbiased journalism.

Thanks

husker55

oddsmaven
10-11-2008, 08:40 PM
if not, close to it..there certainly are women that would have merited running, but not the two that have...Geraldine Ferraro was not at that level either, but at least Mondale probably picked her in what was known to be a hopeless race just to break a barrier for the future...but if he knew we were going to get garbage like this some day :mad: , he probably wouldn't have.

juanepstein
10-11-2008, 09:03 PM
MILFs rule!

bigmack
10-11-2008, 09:04 PM
but if he knew we were going to get garbage like this some day :mad: , he probably wouldn't have.
Sounds like your pretty upset about the choice. You know, calling her garbage and all.

You're a piece of work.

wes
10-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddsmaven
but if he knew we were going to get garbage like this some day , he probably wouldn't have.

The Garbage need taking out in Washington. He was already up to his ass in garbage before selecting Sarah Palin.

She has done in Alaska what need doing in Washington.

wes

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2008, 01:56 AM
I am not against women here, just this one in particular, come who did the background check on her, we are talking Vice President of this country, I've had tougher background checks on some of my truck driving jobs.Please, describe to us the background check that was done on Palin, then describe for us the background check that has been done on prior Vice Presidential candidates so that we too can make our own decision.

By the way, how did you come to know the intimate details of the background check on Palin and the background check on other vice presidential candidates...I mean, your post here conveys that you are well informed on both Palin and other past VP nominees...so I must ask, how do you know?

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2008, 01:57 AM
All those who agree that choosing Palin is the worst political move ever?:ThmbUp:

Undicided? :lol:

Come on man...you did that on purpose, right? This whole truck driver thing is an act, isn't it....:lol:

Pulling your rig into Saratoga looking for a place to park it....I mean, this is a real hoot, but the party is over, right? Who are you really?

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2008, 02:04 AM
BTW, I'm pretty shocked that guys like hcap and Sec voted yes to this poll. Picking Palin is the worst political move EVER? Are you kidding me?

That whole gettin' a BJ in the oval office...a good political move? Breaking into the Watergate....a good political move?

I mean, come on people. Where has your perspective gone?
I'm glad the good trucker made this a public poll. It shows you exactly how truly bizarre the thought process is of some people on off-topic.

hcap
10-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Ok, maybe NOT the worst ever. But out of the 3 choices. Best fit.
"Among the worst", would be my vote. The Palin pick will contribute to a repub loss IMHO.

oddsmaven
10-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Sounds like your pretty upset about the choice. You know, calling her garbage and all.
You're a piece of work.
Anyone desiring qualified, capable leaders would be upset...surely even you can see that she's in over her head unless yours is buried that deeply in the ground.

And now the troopergate verdict and your heroine is found unanimously guilty of abusing her office.....her entire campaign act has been a disgrace as she goes about whipping up the worst sentiments in people...so the shoe fits for her and she can wear it.

rastajenk
10-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Unanimously guilty? I unanimously decide that you have no credibility. So let it be written, so let it be true. Take that! :D

lsbets
10-12-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to answer my questions about the investigation in their own words. Pretty telling that no one has been able to. Would you like to take a shot Odds? Why no earth should a state trooper who tasered a 10 year old keep his job, and if his boss refused to fire him, why should his boss not be fired? And, as the report states, how can one abuse their office while breaking no laws? Anyone?

HUSKER55
10-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Isbets, you are right on !

This is nothing but politics and I bet that somewhere along the way BO had a hand in this.

But the really sad part is that so many people see nothing wrong with tasering a 10 year old.

Makes you wonder.

husker55

:)

Shenanigans
10-12-2008, 04:37 PM
One of the other threads has somebody complaining because Sarah winked at them.

Any full grown American male that is afraid of a woman, good lookin to boot, winking at them deserves to be shot.

Real men are not afraid of women.

Of course, if you are an over 40 year old virgin, I suppose your perspective might be tainted.

I guess that is why we call them democrats. Sound better than morons.

;) ;) ;)

Shenanigans
10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Wouldn't kicking off your political career in a terrorists living room be one of the worst political moves???

Tom
10-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Even worst than sitting in the pews listening to the anti-American rantings of a racist for 20 years.

oddsmaven
10-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to answer my questions about the investigation in their own words. Pretty telling that no one has been able to. Would you like to take a shot Odds? Why no earth should a state trooper who tasered a 10 year old keep his job, and if his boss refused to fire him, why should his boss not be fired? And, as the report states, how can one abuse their office while breaking no laws? Anyone?
Did you ever hear of ethics...it's taken seriously in a lot of places and well should be.

The state chief of police said there was insufficient evidence to fire the guy yet he received inappropriate and unethical pressure to do it anyway...because the good old Palin's were determined to have their way in this personal case regardless of how they went about it...the republican dominated Alaskan board saw it as a problem too, 14-0.

From what I've seen of her, why am I not surprised she got herself in trouble :rolleyes: ..I was glad to see John McCain finally had the decency to admonish the type of crap she's been stirring up and also glad to see her get a well deserved booing :D at that NHL game.

keenang
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Oddsmaven:

In all my many years of life and there are MANY.I don't think I have ever come across anyone as ignorant as you are.

Geno :confused:

bigmack
10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Oddsmaven:

In all my many years of life and there are MANY.I don't think I have ever come across anyone as ignorant as you are.

Geno :confused:
I'll second that. I think he's got a 'thing' for Palin. He must be in the garbage business.

JustRalph
10-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Did you ever hear of ethics...it's taken seriously in a lot of places and well should be.

The state chief of police said there was insufficient evidence to fire the guy yet he received inappropriate and unethical pressure to do it anyway...because the good old Palin's were determined to have their way in this personal case regardless of how they went about it...the republican dominated Alaskan board saw it as a problem too, 14-0.

From what I've seen of her, why am I not surprised she got herself in trouble :rolleyes: ..I was glad to see John McCain finally had the decency to admonish the type of crap she's been stirring up and also glad to see her get a well deserved booing :D at that NHL game.

He served at the pleasure of the Governor............. and if this idiot didn't think that the Trooper shouldn't be fired, he is an idiot. Shooting your stepson with a Taser, Drinking on Duty? Killing a Moose out of season? I don't know what passes for a Trooper in Alaska, but not firing this Trooper was obvious grounds for dismissal. Ever heard of Mis and Malfeasance?

The bolded part of your message above illustrates your absolute ignorance of campaign tactics.............. you actually believe that John McCain isn't behind what she is saying on every campaign stop? If so , you are nuts!!

Btw, here is another little lesson for you. Palin took down the long time Republican Governor and his good ole Boy network by exposing his scandals and refusing to play along. She whipped his ass in the primaries? Do you understand that? Do you know what is involved in doing that? Then when she arrived in office all of his appointees were still there. You don't think she was greeted with open arms do you? Think about the environment in which she entered the office of Governor? This is why she is the one who has much more experience "doing the right thing" than anybody else in the race. Get a grip and stop believing everything you read on the left wing blogs..................... :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

oddsmaven
10-12-2008, 08:05 PM
JustRalph,
Unlike the two preceding posts, at least you were able to offer an explanation of why you felt my comments were off base...though I stand by what I wrote...the man said he had insufficient evidence, but I guess you were there...she fired him right after that and I supose you believe what she said -that it had to do with the budget.

I'll congradulate you on making a good point that she probably hadn't made any friends on that board but you're not quite on track when you say that she represents doing the right thing...not in how she "handled" this case and not in how she's campaigned as the most divisive mudslinger out there.

You fellows can follow up and have the last word on this thread if you choose, as I've had my say on this one and won't make it an endless loop...it does surprise me to see people on this site so happy to defend Gov. Palin...if you guys think she's qualified and are quite impressed with her, I doubt anything can change that.

Tom
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
She is far more qualified than Obama. Faaaaaaar more qualified.

JustRalph
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
On the subject of your poll..................

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/10/12/palin13.html?sid=101

Palin's folksy charm a hit in Democratic region
Sunday, October 12, 2008 10:46 PM
BY JOE HALLETT
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio - Sarah Palin caged the pit bull and put on the lipstick tonight, taking it easy on Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama for the first time in more than a week during a campaign event in an eastern Ohio farm field.
The Republican vice presidential nominee barely mentioned Obama in a half-hour speech after she and running mate Sen. John McCain pummeled him last week for his connection to 1960s radical William Ayers.

In an overwhelmingly positive speech focusing on McCain's record, Palin only obliquely mentioned Obama, portraying him as an extremist on abortion and almost apologizing while doing so.

"I'm not being negative, I'm not being negative," Palin said while noting that Obama supported so-called partial-birth abortion and "infant born alive" bills. The latter, passed by Congress in 2002, extends protection to a child born after a failed abortion.

"Check out the record and judge for yourself."

The velvet-glove treatment of Obama appeared to represent a change in strategy after a week in which Palin's relentless pursuit of the Ayers connection drew vitriolic anti-Obama responses from audiences in Wilmington, Ohio, and other cities.

Former U.S. Sen. Mike DeWine, McCain's Ohio campaign chairman, downplayed any change of strategy and noted that Palin "was very plain on the abortion issue. She cited two specific examples. She didn't have to elaborate. She said just go look them up and drew a distinct line between what she represents and John McCain represents and someone who is pro-abortion."

Isaac Baker, Obama's Ohio campaign spokesman, said Palin failed "to tell voters how John McCain's economic plan is any different than the approach George Bush took to land us in this (economic) mess to begin with."

Speaking in front of a barn surrounded by straw bales near the airport in Belmont County, Palin was cheered wildly by a crowd of 12,000 on a lovely autumn evening in a county that has supported Democratic nominees in the last four presidential elections.

~more at the link~

From the article:

"These are people who on virtually every issue agree with John McCain and Sarah Palin - from guns to abortion to mining," DeWine said. "She connects with people."

That was evident in interviews with supporters at the rally; many felt a kinship with the folksy Palin.

"She's more a person like me," said John Yager, 48, a planner-estimator from St. Clairsville. "She's not a politician, she's not a lawyer. She's a person who worked her way up the chain, like I have."

Virginia Rapp, 67, drove from Williamstown, W.Va., to see Palin because "she believes what I believe in - country first. I think she's a down-to-earth person, and she's all for this country."

Belmont County is part of Ohio's 29-county Appalachian region up for grabs in the election 22 days away. Obama's running mate, Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, will make a two-day bus tour through the region beginning Monday, and Obama visited last week.

Palin played up her small-town upbringing and political rise from mayor of Wasilla to Alaska governor. She compared Wasilla to St. Clairsville, saying, "I don't care what anybody else says, I love small-town USA. You guys just get it."

dav4463
10-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Sarah Palin is the future of the Republican Party. :ThmbUp:

lsbets
10-13-2008, 06:23 AM

Yes, and I draw some pretty fine lines between right and wrong. By his own admission, Wooten tasered a 10 year old child. His boss didn't want to fire him, so his boss needed to be fired.

That is the right and ethical thing to do, unless of course you think having state troopers on the job who get kicks out of tasering children is okay.

Maybe you should brush up on ethics a bit.

Jake
10-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Sarah Palin is the future of the Republican Party. :ThmbUp:

If you believe that Palin is the future of the Republican Party, then the Republican Party is dead in the water for the next two decades. I'm not going to get in an endless loop discussing this, but the Republicans as a whole will be discussing this following the disaster of the upcoming election. Having a redneck populist hockey mom who most resembles George Bush as your future is not going to play going forward. It has to do with demographics, and the fallout following eight years of Bush.

The conservative base in the future will need to broaden, not entrench, in order to have any success, and Palin will never be the spokesperson for that type of appeal. That's the problem with someone who talks about "he's not our kind of people". "He's not our kind of people" are going be the future, and voting in big numbers, whether conservatives like it or not. That's why Palin was a terrible choice for McCain, because the conservative base wasn't the key to this election. Her positives were in fueling conservative fund raising, but at the expense of broadening the base. That's a losing strategy, and will remain one.

Tom
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I'll take Pailn over the terrorist's buddy or the liar.

I assume by broaden you mean busing illegals, dogs, cats, football players, dead people, and bums to polling places like Obama does? No thanks, I'd rather lose than sink to his level.

No reason to broaden the conservative base - it is already correct. 4 years of total dem control will show everyone that. Diluting your core beliefs to win an electin is the MO of libs, not conservatives. We have principals. (And not the kind Obama bought with Ayres' millions that still failed to raise test scores in Chicago).

toetoe
10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Banacek's point is a good one. In the arena of popular "culture," this is a great question. In religion or politics, it's just a vehicle for calling names; and no one is EVER convinced to change his view one scintilla.

Jake
10-13-2008, 01:49 PM
The problem here, Tom, is that you believe you are the only one with principles because you disagree with liberals. Well, enjoy that belief as you watch Republican heads rolls. Liberals were going to vote for Obama, regardless, and conservatives were going to vote for MCain because they fear Obama. McCain could have won this, hell he still might, by moving to the center instead of rolling over and becoming a Bush clone in the last 18 months in order to win the primary. Clinton won his second term by shifting right and taking the center away from the Republican. You don't respect that, fine, but it was the reason Clinton won 4 more years. That is why I believe Palin harmed, rather than helped his ticket.

Tom
10-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Please, I am not a republican, and McCain is not a conservative. Neither is Bush. Conservative are a small, un-represented minority. You are not a conservative by words, but by actions. Bush is one of the biggest liberals of all time. McCain wants a cookie.

Jake
10-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the correction, my mistake. Conservatives currently in Congress will likely be negatively affected by McCain failure to generate downticket support. Conservative Republicans are tied to Bush by party affiliation, fairly or not, by many voters. In the coming decade, conservatives are going to have to relish being principled underdogs, because that is likely to be their defining role. But that will be tough to swallow after seeing the Karl Rove vision of conservative/Republican dominance from sea to shining sea going up in smoke. Conservatives will certainly end up with less political power because of this, especially if their current Senate seats take too many hits in this fall election. Supreme Court up for grab next four years. Not too many happy conservatives in the Republican party finding much to cheer about, this election cycle.

Tom
10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
The way to make Rove's tactics palatable is to look closely at Obama.:D

Jake
10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
The way to make Rove's tactics palatable is to look closely at Obama.:D

No one is discussing whether Rove's tactics are palatable or not. That's a different discussion. This is about Palin, her effect on the election and her future going forward. I honestly believe she has done far more harm long term to conservative political clout than good, for all the reasons I've already stated. Blame McCain if you want, it just wasn't who he needed on his ticket to win this. I understand you don't like McCain, but his loss affects the whole Republican party, including many of those that you would call real conservatives. Palin's future is tied to that outcome.

Tom
10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
You are the one who brought up Rove....I just replied to it. Don't mention him if you don't like the replies.

Think whatever you want about Palin, but I and most conservatives I know are very happy with her - she is every bit if not more qualified than Obama to run this nation. You cannot offer one single area where OBama trumps her qualifications. Unless hating America and banging with terrorists counts.

The only time McCain saw a serious bump in the polls ( not that they mean anything long term) was when he announced her. Then they dipped when they reigned her in.

As far as the republican party goes, it needs to go. A major purge of the deadwood is in process. Sara is the future, the slugs in the senate and many in the house are on the way out.

keenang
10-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Tom:

You gotta it.

Geno :ThmbUp:

Jake
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
You are the one who brought up Rove....I just replied to it. Don't mention him if you don't like the replies.

Think whatever you want about Palin, but I and most conservatives I know are very happy with her - she is every bit if not more qualified than Obama to run this nation. You cannot offer one single area where OBama trumps her qualifications. Unless hating America and banging with terrorists counts.

The only time McCain saw a serious bump in the polls ( not that they mean anything long term) was when he announced her. Then they dipped when they reigned her in.

As far as the republican party goes, it needs to go. A major purge of the deadwood is in process. Sara is the future, the slugs in the senate and many in the house are on the way out.

Tom,

I have to admire what Rove was capable of doing with Bush. But my comment about him was in the context of the Palin thread. If you don't like that, too damn bad.

I agree conservatives love Palin. I have heard that people at campaign stops where both Palin and McCain are speaking, are actually leaving after Palin finishes and before McCain even gets started. That has to be devastating to McCain. So yes, Palin is a favorite of conservatives on this board and in the country.

All that said, conservatives were never the key to winning this election. Conservatives in the Senate and House will lose seats, and conservative influence there will be diminished with this election. Conservative values will be underrepresented because of that fact for the next four years. Like or not, Palin will not be the future of the Republican conservative party, because the party will move more to the center with those conservatives no longer holding seats.

Whether you think she is more qualified than Obama or not doesn't matter. It's about is she able to help pull enough independent voters to offset the demographic shift/economic news favoring the Democrats? Getting Palin on the ticket wins the the battle for conservative values, but almost certainly loses them the war. This will be a McGovern moment for conservative Republicans once the dust clears, and Palin will not be leader for the rest of the Republican party. She will be a conservative favorite on the speaking circuits, however, perhaps even getting her own show on Fox News. That's probably carries more clout than being VP in any case.

Tom
10-14-2008, 03:24 PM
McCain did not have the conservative base until Palin.

Jake
10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Most conservatives who hate Obama will vote for McCain. Not all, certainly not you. It's the lesser of two evils argument. They certainly would not have given the McCain campaign the fund raising support that Palin brought to the ticket. That a big plus for her. The offset is that she allowed Obama to raise huge amounts precisely because she was added to the ticket.

McCain is not a conservative, you are absolutely right about that, and if elected, I think he will move away from his so-called sudden conversion adopted over the past 18 months.

My personal wish before I'm dead and buried is to have someone running for President that deserves to be elected. I refused to vote for Bush in the last two elections, same with Gore or Kerry. This election is the same for me. Having said that, after watching the current campaign and the personal decision making by the two candidates, I think McCain has slipped several notches both mentally and physically. Voters can see that, and I think that will be the difference.

Jake
10-14-2008, 05:00 PM
This came out this afternoon.
Wall Street Journal, not a liberal source:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122397669702932237.html

Key points: polling indicate Republicans will overwhelmingly vote for McCain in the battle ground states under discussion, but Obama is winning the independents voting battle. Palin's favorability rating with non-Republicans is dismal. Unless McCain can gain a knockout at Wednesday debate, numbers are stacked against him.

Tom
10-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Biden might be considered a bonehead move....last night, he said that what was missing from McCain's economic policy was a one thing, three letters:
J-O-B-S! Three letters, huh? :lol::lol:

JustRalph
10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
This came out this afternoon.
Wall Street Journal, not a liberal source:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122397669702932237.html

Key points: polling indicate Republicans will overwhelmingly vote for McCain in the battle ground states under discussion, but Obama is winning the independents voting battle. Palin's favorability rating with non-Republicans is dismal. Unless McCain can gain a knockout at Wednesday debate, numbers are stacked against him.

This one is much more scary

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122420205889842989.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2008, 02:22 AM
That's some photo on Nancy in that article. She seems to be addicted to plastic surgery. Could be a mental instability going on there. Are we sure we want her only a few heartbeats away?

This is something the press should investigate further.

Tom
10-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Has she been properly vetted?
She is two heartbeats away, and Cheney is sick.:eek:
Where is the press?