PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson faking AIDS?

Secretariat
10-10-2008, 04:40 PM
This is why people are leaving the conservative movement. Crap like this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AooQB7Z6u2h9HKZeFiU1HrA5nYcB?slug=ap-magicjohnson&prov=ap&type=lgns

"Station regrets remarks on Magic Johnson, AIDS

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—A Minneapolis radio station said Friday it would air public service announcements on HIV/AIDS after a pair of talk hosts accused Magic Johnson of faking AIDS.

KTLK’s Chris Baker and Langdon Perry made the remarks during Baker’s conservative talk show on Wednesday. After Johnson condemned the statements, the station said on Friday it regretted “some off-hand remarks” by the pair.

According to a partial transcript and audio clip posted on a media watchdog site, mediamatters.org, the remarks came after a caller asserted that health care isn’t a basic right. Perry responded by asking about treatable diseases that a person can live with for a long time “if you just get some basic drugs.”

Baker responded, “Like Magic Johnson?”

Perry replied, “Like Magic with his faked AIDS. Magic faked AIDS.”

Baker said, “You think Magic faked AIDS for sympathy?”

Perry replied, “I’m convinced that Magic faked AIDS.”

“Me too,” Baker said.

Johnson issued a statement Thursday saying he was “outraged that Chris Baker and Langdon Perry would minimize such a serious and deadly issue.”

“Millions are dying from HIV/AIDS, and the fact that they would make jokes about my status is unbelievable,” Johnson said. “Chris, Langdon and KTLK should use their power in a more positive light by encouraging people to get tested for this disease instead of making up such ridiculous lies.”

Pace Cap'n
10-10-2008, 05:21 PM
What does the "Magic" stand for?

"My ass got infected, coach."

ddog
10-10-2008, 05:26 PM
that anyone would take seriously what a radio talk show (whore)host says is beyond insane.

good to be rid of those types.

LottaKash
10-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Here is a tid-bit on the subject of aids.....Catholic priests have 4-times the incidence of AIDS than the general public......and, in some states such as N.J. it is as high as 10-times the norm........Celibacy, too funny.....

best,

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Here is a tid-bit on the subject of aids.....Catholic priests have 4-times the incidence of AIDS than the general public......and, in some states such as N.J. it is as high as 10-times the norm........Celibacy, too funny.....

best,Can I get a source for this stat? Thanks...

Tom
10-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Magic stands for what Sec believes in. How utterly ignorant to think people, especially conservatives, would leave their philosophy over a radio guy's comments. No, Sec, we would leave the station. Man of man, you are going to hurt yourself reaching like that.

LottaKash
10-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Can I get a source for this stat? Thanks...

Hey Mike, here is the skinny on this........http://www.priestsofdarkness.com/aids.html.....

!!!..CAUTION...!!!

The following may shock, fascinate or incite you, depending on your beliefs and the extent of your convictions in your truths as you know them........

If you have an open mind, and are not timid about being politicaly correct, and are willing to entertain some new information in your quest for the Real truth in life, then the following link may be just what you needed to see in order to further expand your horizons.......

BUT, if you are not one of the above then this link is not for you, and I will not argue with you one bit as it is not my personal information, but rather Our information, and I am passing it on for whatever it is worth.......

My suggestion before you write this site off too quickly as a quack place, I ask that you click around and around and you may begin to see some startling and perhaps some new information that may lead you to some newer viewpoints on some things, than you currently have.....If you drill deep into the recesses and menus's that seem endless and redundant at times, after awhile, you will realize that it will probably take you two-weeks to read and fully digest the infornation contained there.....Eyes and mind open ?

http://jesus-is-savior.com/

humbly,

dav4463
10-11-2008, 04:40 AM
When I saw the links to 9-11 conspiracy theory....I quickly dismissed it as a "quack site".

I suspect that the people who run the site will not be too happy about us being on a gambling site. Gambling is evil..... Rock and Roll is evil....... Government is evil.........that site borders on insanity.....but I"m enjoying it!!!

Boris
10-11-2008, 06:23 AM
According to a partial transcript and audio clip posted on a media watchdog site, mediamatters.org, ......”

Media Matters is not a media watchdog site. Its an ultra leftwing conservative hate site. Its stunning they would object to something on Chris Baker's show. :rolleyes:

Baker is a funny guy. I didn't realize he left Houston for Minn. Trust me, Baker is not sending conservatives running to the Dem party. That is meatheaded nonsense.

dutchboy
10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
If aids causes weight loss as I believe it does, and if you have seem Magic lately, the talk show hosts could be right or it was a misdiagnosis years ago.

Magic looks to be the size of an NFL lineman.

Secretariat
10-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Media Matters is not a media watchdog site. Its an ultra leftwing conservative hate site. Its stunning they would object to something on Chris Baker's show. :rolleyes:

Baker is a funny guy. I didn't realize he left Houston for Minn. Trust me, Baker is not sending conservatives running to the Dem party. That is meatheaded nonsense.

So you're in agreement "with Baker" that Magic Johnson is faking aids? Is that an example of him being a funny guy?

MONEY
10-11-2008, 02:31 PM
If aids causes weight loss as I believe it does, and if you have seem Magic lately, the talk show hosts could be right or it was a misdiagnosis years ago.

Magic looks to be the size of an NFL lineman.
Magic Johnson does not have AIDS. Johnson is infected with the AIDS virus and can pass it on to others, but he is not afflicted by the illness. He may get AIDS in the future if the virus somehow gets activated in his system.

money

juanepstein
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
south park told me the reason he is still alive is because he sleeps with all his money.

russowen77
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Magic Johnson does not have AIDS. Johnson is infected with the AIDS virus and can pass it on to others, but he is not afflicted by the illness. He may get AIDS in the future if the virus somehow gets activated in his system.

money
That is exactly what I understood his condition to be. HIV positive is way different from AIDS.

Boris
10-11-2008, 05:47 PM
So you're in agreement "with Baker" that Magic Johnson is faking aids? Is that an example of him being a funny guy?

Superman has nothing on the leaps you can take. I said I thought he was funny. I didn't mention MJ at all. I'm quite certain you have never listened to Baker for more than a Media Matters hit job.

But if you want funny, I got funny:

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." :lol:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." :lol:

Yet liberals won't leave the movement in spite of crap like this.

You're voting for a racist for VP, but Sarah Palin is dangerous. :bang:

Tom
10-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Let's not forget O'Bama threw his Gramma under the bus and used that phrase "typical white people." I think we all know where O'Bama is coming from. His wife, his preacher, connect the dots.

Secretariat
10-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Superman has nothing on the leaps you can take. I said I thought he was funny. I didn't mention MJ at all. I'm quite certain you have never listened to Baker for more than a Media Matters hit job.

This is what you said:

"Media Matters is not a media watchdog site. Its an ultra leftwing conservative hate site. Its stunning they would object to something on Chris Baker's show."

This is why I asked you if you agree with Baker's comments. Since MeidaMatters disagrees with Baker's comments, you attack them, rather than whether you agree with Baker's comments about whether Baker was correct in his pronouncement that Magic Johnson is faking AIDS.

So I'll ask again without equivocation, do you agree with Baker's comments?

Tom
10-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I am sure he has HIV and I am damn sure it was self inflicted.
He reaped as he sowed, and I could care less about him.
There are many people out there with real diseases to have any time to worry about Mr. Open-Zipper Johnson. He paid for his ignorance. Tough titty.

Boris
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
This is what you said:

"Media Matters is not a media watchdog site. Its an ultra leftwing conservative hate site. Its stunning they would object to something on Chris Baker's show."

This is why I asked you if you agree with Baker's comments. Since MeidaMatters disagrees with Baker's comments, you attack them, rather than whether you agree with Baker's comments about whether Baker was correct in his pronouncement that Magic Johnson is faking AIDS.

So I'll ask again without equivocation, do you agree with Baker's comments?

Attack? Please. Calling them what they are = attack? What size hat do you wear?

I've listened to Baker. I get his humor. It wasn't a "comment". There is nothing to agree with. He went for a laugh. He does it throughout his show.

Tell you what, I'll condem Baker right here in this thread when you can link me to MediaMatters EVER "correcting" (as they say) a liberal comment in the media. Deal? They've been around for 4 years. Surely there is one out there somewhere.

JustRalph
10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I am sure he has HIV and I am damn sure it was self inflicted.
He reaped as he sowed, and I could care less about him.
There are many people out there with real diseases to have any time to worry about Mr. Open-Zipper Johnson. He paid for his ignorance. Tough titty.

my wife used to have to deal with Magic on a personal basis in her business when we lived in California. There are some bodyguards that have been going around LA telling how Magic got aids.....for years now..... or at least their opine of how he got it. And they tell some pretty good tales.........about Magic and his friends like Eddie Murphy............... Not sure how much of the stuff is true, but many tell the same tales and some "other Celebs" have corroborated their tales............... read between the lines baby.......... :lol:

Secretariat
10-12-2008, 02:11 PM
I've listened to Baker. I get his humor. It wasn't a "comment". There is nothing to agree with. He went for a laugh. He does it throughout his show.

Tell you what, I'll condem Baker right here in this thread when you can link me to MediaMatters EVER "correcting" (as they say) a liberal comment in the media. Deal? They've been around for 4 years. Surely there is one out there somewhere.

So your contention is Baker was going "for a laugh" when he asserted that Magic Johnson was faking AIDS?

The issue here is a transcript from the Baker show. Please answer the question. Was he going for a laugh when he said Johnson was faking AIDS? Is that an example of his form of humor or was he serious?

JustRalph
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
So your contention is Baker was going "for a laugh" when he asserted that Magic Johnson was faking AIDS?

The issue here is a transcript from the Baker show. Please answer the question. Was he going for a laugh when he said Johnson was faking AIDS? Is that an example of his form of humor or was he serious?

Who gives a crap about Magic Johnson enough to have this argument......?

I can't believe the shit you guys will dig up to go after a conservative on the radio :bang: :bang: :bang:

Tom
10-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Deja vous hcap and McCain using email.
What is about these libs that grab stupid things and drag them out?
Trying to get Obama's election fraud out of the news cycle?

Steve 'StatMan'
10-12-2008, 05:07 PM
It seems like a really poor taste joke that dragged on painfully long and not funny.

Of course, there are lots of shock humorists on radio, and they take a lot of shots at people. Lots of distasteful jokes back and forth, about politicians, usually conservative, but sometimes vs. liberals, or against notable christian figures but sometimes about pop culture figures.

Glad nobody joked about anybody, or their alleged lovers, being nappy headed hoes, or something, or this thing could go on for weeks.

Tom
10-12-2008, 05:09 PM
The only shit going on now is calling people racist for not bowing to the great messiah, HUSSEIN. That, somehow, gets no coverage.

Boris
10-12-2008, 07:38 PM

Actually, my contention is you have never listened to the guy's show so the transcipt has no context to you. Do you think Henny Youngman really wanted you to take his wife? But I understand. If MediaMatters tells you to spread the word, you've got to do it. Can you back up your statement that it is causing people to leave the conservative movement?

Steve 'StatMan'
10-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Can you back up your statement that it is causing people to leave the conservative movement?

Sometimes I've felt tempted to leave people the movement of a conservative!

Secretariat
10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Actually, my contention is you have never listened to the guy's show so the transcipt has no context to you. Do you think Henny Youngman really wanted you to take his wife? But I understand. If MediaMatters tells you to spread the word, you've got to do it. Can you back up your statement that it is causing people to leave the conservative movement?

You're obfuscating.

Answer my question. Was Baker telling a joke? Is this his form of humor, or was he earnest in his beleif in that Magic Johnson was/is faking AIDS?

You've said just about everything, but still have not answered my question.

Boris
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM
You're obfuscating.

Answer my question. Was Baker telling a joke? Is this his form of humor, or was he earnest in his beleif in that Magic Johnson was/is faking AIDS?

You ask all the questions and never answer one. I tried.

Have a nice day.

Tom
10-13-2008, 11:04 PM
You're obfuscating.

YOU are obfuscating. You make a totally unfounded statement and then try to hide fro itl typical lib tactic, Sec, throw out lie after lie and hope one sticks. I used to think it was beneath you, now I think it is above you.

dutchboy
10-13-2008, 11:13 PM
The reason it took Magic a few days to comment was that he was trying to find the two listeners to the radio show to confirm the story.

It is really a minor league radio station.