PDA

View Full Version : Cheap gas makes people stupid

dav4463
10-10-2008, 01:42 AM
I saw an article on Yahoo News where gas was being sold for less than $3.00 per gallon and one guy said it was about 50 cents cheaper than some other places.

So, these people wait in line for an HOUR (wasting gas in line) to get the cheap gas!

What kind of mindset do you have to have to wait in line for an hour just to save 50 cents on a gallon of gas? When you add in the gas burned with the waiting time; it is probably only saving you 10 cents per gallon.

If you think about it, even if you save 50 cents......the total savings on 10 gallons is only $5.00...........most people tip $5.00 at Chili's or Olive Garden and not think one thing about it. Yet, these same people will drive miles out of their way and wait in line for an hour burning gas to save a few pennies!

Idiots! :bang: The small savings is not worth wasting an hour sitting in line in my opinion.

HUSKER55
10-10-2008, 04:42 AM
Those same people probably own a computer and they still can't figure that out.

the sad part is some of those people are teachers. Think about it.

And they worry about job security

husker55

dav4463
10-11-2008, 12:51 AM
I know someone who drove 20 miles to Walmart to get something on sale when a local auto parts store had the exact same thing for get this.........11 cents more than the Walmart price !!!! (I'm withholding the name to protect the stupid)

Do you think 11 cents were used driving 40 miles round-trip instead of 1 mile?

It was some piece for a riding lawnmower and the price difference was 11 cents....I couldn't believe it!

Price $24.88 vs $24.99 :bang:

santanajimi
10-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Last night i was driving by a Walmart gas station, the line was about 10 cars deep......regular gas 2.89 a gallon. I guess that is getting better....i paid 3.20 down the street, no wait.

ddog
10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
not stupid, they are just conditioned to think cheaper is always better.

Dave Schwartz
10-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I have a freind who will always drive "into town" in order to save $0.05 per gallon - a 14-mile roundtrip, - and then only need 1/2 a tank.

Drives me nuts.

Valuist
10-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I saw an article on Yahoo News where gas was being sold for less than $3.00 per gallon and one guy said it was about 50 cents cheaper than some other places.

So, these people wait in line for an HOUR (wasting gas in line) to get the cheap gas!

What kind of mindset do you have to have to wait in line for an hour just to save 50 cents on a gallon of gas? When you add in the gas burned with the waiting time; it is probably only saving you 10 cents per gallon.

If you think about it, even if you save 50 cents......the total savings on 10 gallons is only $5.00...........most people tip $5.00 at Chili's or Olive Garden and not think one thing about it. Yet, these same people will drive miles out of their way and wait in line for an hour burning gas to save a few pennies!

Idiots! :bang: The small savings is not worth wasting an hour sitting in line in my opinion.

Where I'm at gas is now $3.67/gallon and I think I'd have to cross several states to find $3/gallon gas. I guess some people, somewhere are enjoying it.