PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed?

PaceAdvantage
10-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Every time Obama gains a point in the national polls, the Dow drops another 500+ points.

Coincidence?

I leave you with this:

ISRYDNvt_T0

Greyfox
10-10-2008, 12:59 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/goldeagle2111/obama3.jpg.

lamboguy
10-10-2008, 01:31 AM
on behalf of the members of the pace advantage board i want to thank you for pointing that out to us.

that may or may not have something to do with our markets

i would like to point out that while geoge bush has been president, the price of gas for your car has quardrupled, the price of an ounce of gold has gone from $248 to over $1000. and the dollar itself has gone from 126 down to 70.
those actually happened during the current president's watch.

as far as i know he still is president, while mr obama might never be president.

is obama that good, that even though he has no power, he has the power to blow up the whole financial threads in the world just by being a candidate?

obviously he was responsible for the poor judgements in the last 8 years. they must have known he was going to run for president of this great country when bush took office.

thank you george bush

and thank you mr. akavano

ddog
10-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Pa, you little rascal you.

post pimp.

maybe it was because Mac won the debate and is ahead in the silent polls??
well, it could be , maybe.

Everyone kows as you said long ago Osama can't win , no way.

:lol:

Dave Schwartz
10-10-2008, 11:08 AM
or maybe it is... everytime the market drops 500 points, Obama goes up!

Obama=85% this morning on IEM.
http://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu/quotes/Pres08_quotes.html

RaceBookJoe
10-10-2008, 11:12 AM
500 up , 500 down the goal is to be on the right side. Between the market and election stuff....this is the craziest thing I have ever seen. rbj

ddog
10-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Pa, you little rascal you.

post pimp.

maybe it was because Mac won the debate and is ahead in the silent polls??
well, it could be , maybe.

Everyone kows as you said long ago Osama can't win , no way.

:lol:

Heh, WAIT A FREAKIN MINUTE... I agreed with him!

:D

Hank
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
or maybe it is... everytime the market drops 500 points, Obama goes up!

Obama=85% this morning on IEM.
http://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu/quotes/Pres08_quotes.html

BINGO:D

highnote
10-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Every time Obama gains a point in the national polls, the Dow drops another 500+ points.

Coincidence?

Yes. Coincidence. Small sample bias. Probably nothing more than statistical variation.

Or maybe Obama is gaining in the polls because of diminished faith in republicans?

Or maybe market is dropping because of diminished faith in republicans?

I think the real reason the markets are dropping is due to the feeling of uncertainty.

Dave Schwartz
10-10-2008, 12:56 PM
John,

Am I on your ignore list?

Dave

Marshall Bennett
10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Obama + Dem. House & Senate = Market Crash !!

highnote
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
John,

Am I on your ignore list?

Dave

No. For some reason I haven't been getting email notifications when someone posts a reply to a message I've subscribed to.

Maybe my settings got changed?

In any case, I have to go back to the threads I've posted in to see if anyone has made a new post.

For the record, I'd never ignore you. [Group hug] :D

DJofSD
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow - what a presidental candidate. He's promising change and look at that even before he's elavated, he's made changes to the stock market and the economy. Or maybe the smart money is running and hiding.

Bubba X
10-10-2008, 02:23 PM
on behalf of the members of the pace advantage board i want to thank you for pointing that out to us.

that may or may not have something to do with our markets

i would like to point out that while geoge bush has been president, the price of gas for your car has quardrupled, the price of an ounce of gold has gone from $248 to over $1000. and the dollar itself has gone from 126 down to 70.
those actually happened during the current president's watch.

as far as i know he still is president, while mr obama might never be president.

is obama that good, that even though he has no power, he has the power to blow up the whole financial threads in the world just by being a candidate?

obviously he was responsible for the poor judgements in the last 8 years. they must have known he was going to run for president of this great country when bush took office.

thank you george bush

and thank you mr. akavano

I am pretty sure Obama has the Lindbergh baby too.

Greyfox
10-10-2008, 02:25 PM
The poster who mentioned "uncertainty" had it right.

Also, on another thread someone asked "Are these two men the best America has to offer?"

I like John McCain but have many reservations about his leadership and his health to stay the course.
I don't like Barrack Hussein Obama. I think that he is a charismatic mesmerizer who offers little substance. When someone looks to good to be true, they usually are. In this man's instance, we know little or nothing about him.
When we find out things about him like Rezko, Wright, Ayers, and who knows what other corrupt ties he has, it deflects off him like radar on a stealth fighter.
Who is that guy.

Faced with those two choices for pilots, who wants to take a flight with either of them? Perhaps it is uncertainty about both that's leading to the meltdown.
Then again, perhaps some third force is behind the meltdown that is manipulating the American electorate?

highnote
10-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Obama + Dem. House & Senate = Market Crash !!

A just as valid argument is that it's because 6 of the last 8 years the Bush admin enjoyed a republican majority in the house and senate and now their failed policies are bearing fruit.

The best thing that could happen is that the house and senate are divided equally so that nothing gets done. Then the politicians can get out of the way and let the economy grow at it's natural rate.

The reality is economic cycles are inevitable. We'll get through this one.

I doubt we'll see anything like the great depression. There is a lot of money on the sidelines waiting to jump back in.

October has always been the weakest month of the year.

The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets. The time to sell is when your gas station attendant starts giving out stock tips.

RaceBookJoe
10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
A just as valid argument is that it's because 6 of the last 8 years the Bush admin enjoyed a republican majority in the house and senate and now their failed policies are bearing fruit.

The best thing that could happen is that the house and senate are divided equally so that nothing gets done. Then the politicians can get out of the way and let the economy grow at it's natural rate.

The reality is economic cycles are inevitable. We'll get through this one.

I doubt we'll see anything like the great depression. There is a lot of money on the sidelines waiting to jump back in.

October has always been the weakest month of the year.

The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets. The time to sell is when your gas station attendant starts giving out stock tips.

Great post, especially the part about selling when the gas attendent starts giving tips. Other sell points....when stocks/sectors start showing up in mainstream news/magazines etc. The best/worst month thing has changed a bit...especially if you change the time frame. There is some frontrunning now...not to mention automatic deposits at certain times. I think we will get through this also....some of the best minds ( whatever the hell that means ) are out there working on a solution. rbj

Secretariat
10-10-2008, 03:49 PM

Maybe some of those fat cats are realizing they're not going to get a free ride as they have the last 8 years and the fear is setting in.

Secretariat
10-10-2008, 03:55 PM

THe problem is the government has got out of the way. There's been essentially no deregulation paving the way for unbridled greed. Believing that the morality of Wall Street is higher than the impotence of the Adminstration and Congress is naive and unfounded. They'll serve themselves first as we've seen with Enron, WorldCom, AIG and Wachovia and so so many others.

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe some of those fat cats are realizing they're not going to get a free ride as they have the last 8 years and the fear is setting in.For the record, my original post was just a little joke (excluding the video link).

lsbets
10-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Maybe some of those fat cats are realizing they're not going to get a free ride as they have the last 8 years and the fear is setting in.

They are Obama's biggest (legal) donors. They know they have him bought and paid for, nothing to fear.

JustRalph
06-09-2011, 11:05 PM

Coincidence?

I leave you with this:

amazing how this has worked out. Obama has been dropping in the polls steadily and the market has been going up ......?

Weird with a capital W