PDA

View Full Version : Sim2Win

BETKING
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Has anyone downloaded this thing off of this site? This is not the game but a simulator that runs the horses on a track. It is a tool to handicap the races. I was getting excited until I saw the prices of the race files and almost gaged. The built in file that you can use to try it out of course always wins. They will send you one download race file for free. I am waiting to get this file and see if all the races win. If they do I will sell my house and buy a years worth of files. :)

PaceAdvantage
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm curious if anyone from the site has become a full user of the game....perhaps I should start another thread...

Tom Barrister
10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
They wouldn't give me the complimentary file to try out the product. The impression that I got was that I was supposed to believe the claims on the website and subscribe on the basis of seeing the program itself.

From what I understand, they only do a limited number (the site says 14 to 18) races per month. A year's subscription runs $2495. If we take the mean/average, and they do 16 races per month, that's 192 files per year, or about $13 per race.

podonne
10-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I'd be curious what the 3-d graphics add to the experience. I've never heard anyone say, man I could handicap the heck out of this race if only I could see it in 3-d.

LottaKash
10-10-2008, 04:10 AM
. I've never heard anyone say, man I could handicap the heck out of this race if only I could see it in 3-d.

Hey podonne, back in my Hippie 60's & 70's days, we had the ability to do this.....Those were the days.....:jump:

best,

podonne
10-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey podonne, back in my Hippie 60's & 70's days, we had the ability to do this.....Those were the days.....:jump:

best,

:lol:

waytogo
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd be curious what the 3-d graphics add to the experience. I've never heard anyone say, man I could handicap the heck out of this race if only I could see it in 3-d.

Try Equisim ROI. It takes TSN/Procaps/BRIS data files and you can run a 3d Simulation of any race.

Note though, after using this for over 2 years that you will lose money on the computer generated formline picks (about -12%). You can however pick your own paceline or even multiple pacelines (it takes the average).

I use this every day and its handy to see horses who will not get the lead and also those that should be finishing well.

I dont think the writer is developing the program any further, but believe its still available for about $180 with 1 years worth of back data for other parts of the program (the sim doesnt use backdata, only current formline pick).

There was also was a 30 day trial (limited back data), so you can take a look.

If you are just looking for the best peice of software look no further than Dave Shwartz Horsestreet. This has something for just about anybody with over 1,000 different attributes that you can enter into your handicapping formula or let the artificial intelligence (the ants) roam free on your old data and pick (and test) the attibutes for you. Even that is not even scratching the surface of what this program is capable of and even offers video training for the newbies and oldies alike.

Note that this one is up for a major upgrade in the next few days, you can find Dave Shwartz here on the board and he will always get back to you quickly.

njcurveball
10-10-2008, 02:04 PM
All I know about Sim2win is that if I had $1 for everytime it flashed, I would be retired and on an island by now! :D