PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup

Gorgeous George
10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I would like to see peoples views regarding the upcoming Breeders Cup, which horses thier most looking forward to seeing, which races they like most and who they think has a good chance if they line up in thier respective races? I myself am looking forward to the seing the european horses and if they can stop the american domination of the breeders cup. Henrythenavigator has been my favourite horse this season and think he has a really good chance in the BCC but he then again he might run in the turf mile.

Tom
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I am only looking for betting opportunities. I have no desire whatsoever to see any horses.....program numbers are fine. The races themselves mean nothing.
Only the chances of a big score. I'm hoping not a single favorite hits the board in any race. I hope BB and Curlin hook up and finish last and next to last. That will open up the exactas.

kitts
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Way to go, Tom. I agree enthusiastically. As far as I am concerned, this applies to the Triple Crown as well.

Humph
10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I would like to see peoples views regarding the upcoming Breeders Cup, which horses thier most looking forward to seeing, which races they like most and who they think has a good chance if they line up in thier respective races? I myself am looking forward to the seing the european horses and if they can stop the american domination of the breeders cup. Henrythenavigator has been my favourite horse this season and think he has a really good chance in the BCC but he then again he might run in the turf mile.

Do you not think that "Henry" has gotten a little lucky this year on account of the way Raven's Pass has been handled ?

Gorgeous George
10-09-2008, 04:21 AM
no way hes an exceptional horse and has beaten ravens pass fairly three times. His last defeat by ravens pass was blamed on ground. I know were your coming from regarding that if ravens pass had been put in front earlier in his races would he have won, no i dont think it would have mattered.

Gorgeous George
10-09-2008, 04:23 AM
I am only looking for betting opportunities. I have no desire whatsoever to see any horses.....program numbers are fine. The races themselves mean nothing.
Only the chances of a big score. I'm hoping not a single favorite hits the board in any race. I hope BB and Curlin hook up and finish last and next to last. That will open up the exactas.

well then what horses have you in mind for this big score and what odds are they?

Tom
10-09-2008, 07:30 AM
I won't look at the races until that morning.

Gorgeous George
10-09-2008, 08:14 AM
your just a gambler then and have no interest in the sport side of it.

DJofSD
10-09-2008, 08:47 AM
your just a gambler then and have no interest in the sport side of it.There used to be a sports side of the BC. However, now that it's spread over two days and day one is a Friday, my interest in the BC has waned. Yes, yes, I know, there are other sports on Sunday that would cause a conflict for some or most of the race fans. I'll find some wagering opportunities, bet and watch those races but the BC is not something I go out of my way to plan for when it was a one day event. If the Classic has more than two foriegn runners, i.e. no pace lines, then I'll just watch it.

Tom
10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
your just a gambler then and have no interest in the sport side of it.

No interest in the BC.

Gorgeous George
10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
im suprised you dont think the breeders cup is big i was under the impression its the biggest racing event on the US calendar. Im a big flat fan but im more into my jumps racing and the biggest event is cheltenham. I count down the days every year until its on and love going to it.

DJofSD
10-09-2008, 10:12 AM
I've been a fan of the BC since #2 at HOL. When it was a one day event, it was a big deal. Now, it's over two days with races for possers, it's not the same.

ghostyapper
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
No interest in the BC.

But interest enough to respond in a topic called "breeders cup" ? :D

Tom
10-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I'm just an enigma. :D

I'm interested enough for betting, but not as any kind of championship - not on a fake track a month old. This year's and next have no relationships to the previous Classics. And the ones that win it are nothing more than plastic winners. Would you get excited about the BC Turf if it came of the grass? Same damn thing.

Marshall Bennett
10-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Makes you wonder if enough betters become losers if any of them will show up next year . Same stage , same fake surface . :p

Bruddah
10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I'm just an enigma. :D

I'm interested enough for betting, but not as any kind of championship - not on a fake track a month old. This year's and next have no relationships to the previous Classics. And the ones that win it are nothing more than plastic winners. Would you get excited about the BC Turf if it came of the grass? Same damn thing.

This just about sums it up for me. I don't care about plastic or FAKE ATTEMPTS AT GLOBILZATION OF AMERICAN THOROUGHBRED RACING!

If you can't read between the lines, there will be no betting for me the next two years. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

cj's dad
10-09-2008, 02:21 PM
If you can't read between the lines, there will be no betting for me the next two years. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

So, what kinda car ya buyin ?:lol:

riskman
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM
So, what kinda car ya buyin ?:lol:

The way things are headed your only choice may be a "used" american car. You could go the "classic" route. :)

Humph
10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
no way hes an exceptional horse and has beaten ravens pass fairly three times. His last defeat by ravens pass was blamed on ground. I know were your coming from regarding that if ravens pass had been put in front earlier in his races would he have won, no i dont think it would have mattered.

If Henry is exceptional then Raven's has to be too, imo, because recent clashes have proven that there is little, if anything, between them. And I'm not so sure Henry would have won all of their previous encounters had Raven's been ridden differently.

Going back to the Sussex Stakes (no fractionals available so a little guesswork is involved here )the race was run in slow time - apparently due to crawling through the first few furlongs - so it has to be a moot point as to whether is was a smart move by Jimmy Fortune to settle his mount so far behind the speed . And all credit goes to the horse for getting within an inch of winning, imo. Those tactics will surely never be repeated given the same scenario.

gm10
10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
There used to be a sports side of the BC. However, now that it's spread over two days and day one is a Friday, my interest in the BC has waned. Yes, yes, I know, there are other sports on Sunday that would cause a conflict for some or most of the race fans. I'll find some wagering opportunities, bet and watch those races but the BC is not something I go out of my way to plan for when it was a one day event. If the Classic has more than two foriegn runners, i.e. no pace lines, then I'll just watch it.

it's called World Championships for a reason, I suppose

sandpit
10-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Zenyatta is a joy to watch no matter what the surface...

Gorgeous George
10-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Zenyatta is a joy to watch no matter what the surface...

ZARKAVA WOULD BEAT HER NO MATTER THE SURFACE

sandpit
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
ZARKAVA WOULD BEAT HER NO MATTER THE SURFACE

I agree, but that still doesn't mean the American "Z" isn't fun to watch.