PDA

View Full Version : Betting Bots

Topcat
10-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know of any betting bots for US horse racing? That is automated betting software similar to what you see marketed for Betfair.

What I'm looking for is software that would allow me to put in conditional betting requirements,e.g. bet if greater than 4 to 1 and less than 12 to 1,and wager sizes that may ary based on prior bets
and then actually place wagers.

ATR Pro could be used to supply the data.

I know this is asking for a lot but
I'd even consider hiring a programer to do this.

Any thoughts?

lamboguy
10-08-2008, 12:32 PM
i don't use it, but the premier turf club got that built into their system

lamboguy
10-08-2008, 02:00 PM
if you are a premier turf club player you just had a $200 daily double. congradulations to al that had it

GameTheory
10-08-2008, 02:37 PM
PTC only has a minimum odds requirement, so you can't do a range. A serious limitation that will hopefully be corrected at some point. Still, they were the first, and you can upload your bets beforehand (even days beforehand), so that's a great feature.

TwinSpires also has conditional betting, but I don't how it works.

To have total flexibility (like to compute bet size based on odds at post-time), you really do need your own betting bot...

robert99
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Writing bots in Perl and running on a Linux OS is very straightforward for what you require. Where you are placing bets needs an API (application programming interface) to be available so that you can couple up your automated software with their website procedures. I am sure someone in Europe would do all this for you if you first sort out your intended betting strategy (the clever bit). Most off the shelf bots are very limited and you really need a custom design made to suit, plus some flexibility.

Topcat
10-08-2008, 05:09 PM
TwinSpires also has conditional betting, but I don't how it works.

To have total flexibility (like to compute bet size based on odds at post-time), you really do need your own betting bot...

Twinspires merely has a conditional bet on minimum odds, if > 4
bet xx.

You're right to really get the job done you need a betting bot.
e.g. bet x or x% of bank if > 4 and <10 at one minute to post that sort of thing. There is a huge advantage in this and it is what some pros use.

Topcat
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
For those that are unfamilar with betting bots here's a link to one:
http://www.hipro86.com/

this ties into Betfair and I haven't used it but i think you get the idea.

I've found that sorting bets by odds ranges is much more powerful, (aka profitable) then track biases or even pars.

Big Bill
10-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Where on Twinspires' web site does it explain that they offer conditional betting?

Big Bill

cj
10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.twinspires.com/content/conditionalwagering

Big Bill
10-09-2008, 02:16 PM
cj,

Thanks for the link. When I saw this thread yesterday I went to Twinspires and looked but couldn't find anything on it.

Big Bill