PDA

View Full Version : commentator out of bc

ghostyapper
10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
He's not recovering quick enough from his mass cap according to zito.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/98869.html

OTM Al
10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
His presence given Big Brown's running style may well have burned up both of them for the closers. This helps Big Brown's chances quite a bit barring the addition of another dedicated frontrunner.

Gorgeous George
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
this doesnt help henry as he needs a pacemaker in the field but it will be interesting to see what additions are made to the field. I actually fancied commentators chances for a place.

sandpit
10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Recovering quickly enough??? The horse jogged around with no competition...wasn't he 1-5 or something? I know he's an old man in racing terms, so maybe it does take him longer to come around.

cj's dad
10-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I actually fancied commentators chances for a place.

I think the poly (pro-ride, whatever) would have been his undoing and Zito knows that.

joanied
10-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I have to agree with cj'sdad... Zito made it perfectly clear he hates the poly (although it looks, so far, like this Pro Ride is playing more like dirt than rubber)...and at Commentator's age, I don't think Zito wants to try getting him used to a new surface...saying the horse needs more time is a polite way of saying he just won't run him on synthetic.

Greyfox
10-12-2008, 02:40 PM
The rumor is Pro Ride is more dirt than rubber. One wag told me 83 % dirt (sand?).

joanied
10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
The rumor is Pro Ride is more dirt than rubber. One wag told me 83 % dirt (sand?).

87% dirt to be exact. If this surface plays like dirt and everyone is happy with it, especially the horses, then I'd venture to say that IF every (major) track HAS to go synthetic, then this Pro Ride should be implemented at ALL the tracks...this way, at least ALL the (major) tracks would have the same surface, which would be fair to everyone, inlcuding handicappers.

classhandicapper
10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
There was just some money available "against" Commentator at ehorse xchange......at least there was. :lol:

ryesteve
10-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I have to agree with cj'sdad... Zito made it perfectly clear he hates the poly (although it looks, so far, like this Pro Ride is playing more like dirt than rubber)...and at Commentator's age, I don't think Zito wants to try getting him used to a new surface...saying the horse needs more time is a polite way of saying he just won't run him on synthetic.I don't think Zito would hesitate to speak his mind if that's what it was.