PDA

View Full Version : If McCain Goes Negative

barn32
10-07-2008, 02:28 AM
If McCain goes negative he's done. Not only will he lose, but the margin will be staggering. His only chance is to remain above the fray, but even that won't likely succeed.

It appears that there are those in his camp who think that going negative is the only way our of their quagmire.

I guarantee you that this strategy will backfire...big time.

rastajenk
10-07-2008, 07:02 AM
How is it that The Chosen One can go negative without any bad side effects? It's all in the way the media chooses to present it.

ddog
10-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I have never understood the crying about the media from the pugs, since everyone knows that the MSM are all rooting for obo and that they are all totally biased lib commie rats, I must ask, are the people, even those of the conservative ilk(it is a conservative country , right?) all stupid?

They won't just ignore all that blather and vote the right way???

So, the more in the tank the MSM is , the better for JM?

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Wright and Ayers VS Liddy and Keating.

Keating and Liddy were convicted and did time. Wright and Ayers were not and did not.

How come there haven't been more in depth stories on Keating and/or Liddy in the "MSM?"

The American people are not as stupid as some would wish. These guys are politicians. They ALL have skeletons.

Maybe Hannity is working on the story.

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 09:17 AM
In other news today, both Florida and Colorado have moved from "Toss-UP" states to "Leaning Obama."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/election_2008_electoral_college_update

I blame the Main Stream Media.

Dave Schwartz
10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
McCain is already done.

http://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu/quotes/Pres08_quotes.html

Obama is 77%

pktruckdriver
10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
This may sound stupid and silly, but I bet it holds true.

THE POWER OF OPRAH...... HER CHOICE IS...... ENOUGH SAID

I did not make the rules, I learn them the hard way, and this country is no longer Simon Sez, it is Oprah Sez, unfortunately.

Oh and yes the gloves are off and "The Nastiest Election we have evr had" is about to begin, just thank God it about over.

Those are my .02 cents
Patrick

Tom
10-07-2008, 10:52 AM
All McCain has to is start hammering home the truth.

bigmack
10-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Absurd that BO is ahead as a result of the economy. Ask him 3 questions about it and watch those eyes glaze over & the halting speech pattern start.

I am appalled that a Pres campaign is about to become dirty. When did this start and since when has the leading camp not been happy about it?

This is unlike anything I've ever seen. :D

ArlJim78
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
the only dirty or negative part of this is Obama's prior associations and bad judgements.

ddog
10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
the only dirty part of this is that's IT'S A SCAM , double SCAM.

no matter which of these clowns gets in , they are TOAST!

We , out here, may fix things or not, THEY back there, NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

It isn't even close to being about those elected anymore.

They dance for them that owns 'em.

Sadly , that isn't us anymore.
Could be, but not now.

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
the only dirty or negative part of this is Obama's prior associations and bad judgements.Just curious... how do you so easily get past McCain's prior bad judgements? Liddy... convicted. Keating... convicted. He also left his crippled wife. How is McCain so different in the quality of his past associations and judgements?

Marshall Bennett
10-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I honestly beleive that 95% of those backing Obama now will be backing him regardless of any dirt that the McCain camp dishes out . They love this guy the same way Marion Berry was loved by his supporters even after a high profile cocaine bust ( caught on video ) . He was re-elected mayor of D.C. none the less . Obama could do the same ( ride up and down main street with the limo top down snorting cocaine ) and this crop of supporters would likely cheer him on .
McCain should understand that with all that has been uncovered about Obama thus far , and how little its changed anything , he's completely wasting his time throwing out any more crap to be chewed up and spit back out .

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I honestly beleive that 95% of those backing Obama now will be backing him regardless of any dirt that the McCain camp dishes out . They love this guy the same way Marion Berry was loved by his supporters even after a high profile cocaine bust ( caught on video ) . He was re-elected mayor of D.C. none the less . Obama could do the same ( ride up and down main street with the limo top down snorting cocaine ) and this crop of supporters would likely cheer him on .
McCain should understand that with all that has been uncovered about Obama thus far , and how little its changed anything , he's completely wasting his time throwing out any more crap to be chewed up and spit back out .

Really, what else does McCain have to talk about? He's spent a couple months trying to show he's the better candidate and he's been getting killed. He's losing ground in every single battleground state and his maverick running mate has seen her negatives go from 21% to 40% in the past four weeks.

It is not as if McCain has any great record of his own. If he did, he'd have gained or at least held his ground. He hasn't and he cannot.

His negative strategy might work, it's doubtful. For every Ayers, there is a Keating. For every Wright, there is a Liddy or a Hagee.

I guess McCain and his supporters figure all there is left is a hard to establish depth of a relationship with a war protester who the government saw fit not to prosecute and a black church pastor.

At least the McCain campaign did one interesting thing yesterday, which was to test-market the "Barack Hussein Obama" line shouted by a state trooper at a Palin rally.

My only question for McCain fans is this.... how is he going to win?

bigmack
10-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Yo BubbaX - Leaving the associations behind, can you rattle off 3 things BO has done that qualifies him to be Pres? Actually if you can get 2, that'll do. Give us your best pitch as many of us can't see squadoosh.

delayjf
10-07-2008, 03:32 PM
My only question for McCain fans is this.... how is he going to win?
I don't think I've ever seen pols shift so abruptly as with this election. I recall when polls were showing Obama winning in TX and Ohio days before the primary - he lost both. So any polls I hear I take with a grain of salt.

RaceBookJoe
10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't think I've ever seen pols shift so abruptly as with this election. I recall when polls were showing Obama winning in TX and Ohio days before the primary - he lost both. So any polls I hear I take with a grain of salt.

The way the whole process has gone makes me take everything with a grain of salt. I agree with the OP that if Mccain sounds negative he is in trouble. He needs his anger focused on the issues, let palin keep attacking obamas character. All Obama needs to do is dodge bullets and somehow explain to the uncommited how his tax plan will work given the economic conditions. He has been given a gift with this economic mess and it really is his race to lose. rbj

Tom
10-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Just curious... how do you so easily get past McCain's prior bad judgements? Liddy... convicted. Keating... convicted. He also left his crippled wife. How is McCain so different in the quality of his past associations and judgements?

Leaving his wife has zero to do with anything.
The rest of them did not spend 20 years preaching GD AMERICA orbomb the pentagon. Your argument is like telling a cancer patient "I know how you feel, I have a hang-nail."

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Yo BubbaX - Leaving the associations behind, can you rattle off 3 things BO has done that qualifies him to be Pres? Actually if you can get 2, that'll do. Give us your best pitch as many of us can't see squadoosh.
Yo.

I'll go with these, for now. Whether or not they are great accomplishments or not is in the eye of the beholder.

1. Some people will laugh at this, but I think the most important qualification is to be an effective communicator. JFK, Reagan, Clinton= yes. Nixon, Carter, Bush1, Bush2 = no. I do not get all tingly when Obama speaks but I am genuinely unimpressed by McCain's style.

2. I'll go with character for my #2. I really don't think people give a rats rear about Ayers, Keating, etc... These guys are politicians and if you peel the onion back on any of them you will find a bad part or two. Obama was Editor of the Harvard Law Review. He couild have written any ticket he wanted for a career. Instead, he went to work in public service for $20,000 a year.

I think the talk about needing exec experience is BS. Clinton was governor of a small state. Bush2 was governor of Texas during fabulous economic times.

3. I am convinced McCain is just inferior intellectually. It is hard to have confidence in anyone who graduates 594th out of a class of 599. Also, at age 72 and a 4-time cancer patient, I cannot imagine he'd be in good health for eight more years.

4. I have zero problem with Obama's tax objectives. If you make $250k+ a year, you're gonna get dinged but you can afford it. Frankly, the slow death of the middle class is bad news and I do not see any hope of change with McCain.

So, I guess Obama's done a couple things I find worthy. Between that, McCains support for what I consider over-deregulation of the financial services industry and the general total fubarng of the country under the incumbent part is pretty much enough for me.

I did some volunteer work for Romney before he self-destructed. But McCain does absolutely nothing for me. He is just a shadow of what he was in 2000 when I thought he was the better GOP candidate.

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Leaving his wife has zero to do with anything.
The rest of them did not spend 20 years preaching GD AMERICA orbomb the pentagon. Your argument is like telling a cancer patient "I know how you feel, I have a hang-nail."

So, when we talk about character issues, the fact that McCain left not only his wife but also chose to estrange himself from his young children in favor of another, albeit attractive, woman, speaks ZERO about the character of the man? Of any man?

McCain left her while she was on crutches, 4 inches shorter from her accident than she was a few years earlier with two young children to raise without their father being any part of their life for ten years.

If you were McCain's father at the time, you would have approved? What if you were the father of the first, eschewed, Mrs. McCain?

hcap
10-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Yo BubbaX - Leaving the associations behind, can you rattle off 3 things BO has done that qualifies him to be Pres? Actually if you can get 2, that'll do. Give us your best pitch as many of us can't see squadoosh.Piss off you and Tom.
My guess is after Nov 4, many of you will be seeing mucho squadoosh.

lsbets
10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Bubba - while you gave a list of things you like about Obama and dislike about McCain, your list does not include anything that Obama has done except for the Harvard Law Review, where by all accounts he did very little beyond getting selected.

lsbets
10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Piss off you and Tom.

Hey, you're taking my favorite characteristic of Bush - his uncanny ability to get you all worked up in a cartoon posting tizzy.

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Bubba - while you gave a list of things you like about Obama and dislike about McCain, your list does not include anything that Obama has done except for the Harvard Law Review, where by all accounts he did very little beyond getting selected.

If you are running for President and haven't been a governor, what have you "done?"

I would say that Obama's greatest achievement is simply being the first black man to get his party's nomination. If you think about it, it's a fairly significant accomplishment.

delayjf
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
All Obama needs to do is dodge bullets and somehow explain to the uncommited how his tax plan will work given the economic conditions. He has been given a gift with this economic mess and it really is his race to lose. rbj
Agreed, the economy is playing right into Obama's hands, problem is what he is advocating tax wise could be a disaster in the face of a troubled economy. Not to mention the cost of his health care plan. And would he reform fannie / freddie ( like President Bush did back in 03).

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 05:09 PM
In other news, Rasmussen's Daily poll has Obama leading 52-44 for the second straight day. The 8 point lead is Obama's largest of the campaign.

delayjf
10-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Some people will laugh at this, but I think the most important qualification is to be an effective communicator. JFK, Reagan, Clinton= yes. Nixon, Carter, Bush1, Bush2 = no. I do not get all tingly when Obama speaks but I am genuinely unimpressed by McCain's style.
I’m one of those that laughs at this line of reasoning. A nation does not achieve on speechs. I've heard inspirign words out of the mouths of actors, doesn't mean I want them leading my country.

2. I'll go with character for my #2. I really don't think people give a rats rear about Ayers, Keating, etc... These guys are politicians and if you peel the onion back on any of them you will find a bad part or two. Obama was Editor of the Harvard Law Review. He couild have written any ticket he wanted for a career. Instead, he went to work in public service for $20,000 a year. Why is the editor of the Harvard Law review so revered?? The last I heard he worth a few million,
I think the talk about needing exec experience is BS. Clinton was governor of a small state. Bush2 was governor of Texas during fabulous economic times. Disagree, again I point out, he’s never been in charge of ANYTHING. Being a governor of any state is prime executive experience, you have to make and stand by decision, you have to deal with a budget, and you have to deal with legislators. Being a military commander, you make life and death decisions. Bill Clinton had executive experience.
3. I am convinced McCain is just inferior intellectually. It is hard to have confidence in anyone who graduates 594th out of a class of 599. Also, at age 72 and a 4-time cancer patient, I cannot imagine he'd be in good health for eight more years. You can educate a fool, Frank Raines was a Rhodes Scholar but despite his superior intellect he still ran Fannie Mae into the ground. I think Warren Buffet went to colledge at U of Nebraska - who would you rather take financial advise from?
4. I have zero problem with Obama's tax objectives. If you make $250k+ a year, you're gonna get dinged but you can afford it. Frankly, the slow death of the middle class is bad news and I do not see any hope of change with McCain. I don’t think anybody knows for sure what the ideal tax rates should be, but I feel it’s dangerous to raise taxes in bad economic times – YOU CAN’T TAX A COUNTRY INTO PROSPERITY. He claims he’s only going to raise taxes up to 1990 levels – but with a dem congress I have serious doubts he will stop there.
So, I guess Obama's done a couple things I find worthy. Between that, McCains support for what I consider over-deregulation of the financial services industry and the general total fubarng of the country under the incumbent part is pretty much enough for me. You’ve got this all wrong, it was the Dems who fought to keep Freddie / Fannie free from regulation – look it up. Let me know if you need a link.

RaceBookJoe
10-07-2008, 05:31 PM
When the economic questions start coming tonight, McCain may want to let the audience know that in bear markets like this.....stocks go do whether the news is good or bad. A portion of the drop on monday and tuesday are due to fear ( financial sector, jim cramer telling everyone to sell...who need retirement money in the next five years ), and stuff that arent typically discussed such as margin calls, cash calls etc. Things are a mess but I honestly feel things will eventually turn around...my guess right now is spring '09. Best thing to do is turn off the fear mongors on tv and get to studying to be prepared for the future. rbj

robert99
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Comrades,

As a neutral I find it difficult to believe that at McCain's age he is suddenly going to change into an energetic political leader (rather than remain a remote, maverick follower and mischief maker) for the next 4 gruelling years of all-out repair of USA's current economic and social problems - working as a united team. As a Navy commander, man manager, yes but that was decades ago.

Whilst Obama in fact has more legislative accomplishments than one would expect, significantly busier than McCain, and this would seem to credibly confirm his contention that he’s got the skills to forge compromise. But they’re not at the basis of his campaign. Nor, despite the fact that they are available in great detail for those who wish to see them, are his policy proposals. Rather, his appeal is his charisma, likability, and ability to convey a sense of confident optimism.

While Ronald Reagan ran on a policy agenda, there’s little doubt that his personal charm and oratorical skill were a major factor in his getting elected. Ditto Bill Clinton. Both Reagan and Clinton had extensive experience as state governors before launching their presidential bids; Obama is a relative novice but someone with the energy, intellect and open mind to solve the new problems of today - problems that that few more experienced leaders have ever faced.

People are frightened for their economic future at the moment, not much else, and may want someone as a leader with vision that they can relate to and trust.

Bubba X
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
At the risk of being overly iterative, someone please tell me how McCain is going to win?

hcap
10-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey, you're taking my favorite characteristic of Bush - his uncanny ability to get you all worked up in a cartoon posting tizzy.Me pissed off about bush? Nah! Now he is a political non-entity. Any recent bush cartoons would come up totally blank-and I am not speaking about his mental abilities. Have you even seen the man in recent times? Looks like he is making himself real scarce. McSame can't afford for him to be too visible, and the bailout and economic mess has lowered his numbers to that of the worst preznit ever. Did I ever mention that?

Worst preznit ever
It is official

witchdoctor
10-07-2008, 05:57 PM
At the risk of being overly iterative, someone please tell me how McCain is going to win?

I don't think he is. I think we all will lose. Here a few COMMENTARIES to give you something to think about.

The media alone are not alone in keeping the facts from the public. Republicans, for reasons unknown, don't seem to know what it is to counter-attack. They deserve to lose.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/the_real_obama.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/the_real_obama_part_ii.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/the_real_obama_part_iii.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/the_real_obama_part_iv.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/do_facts_matter.html

delayjf
10-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Whilst Obama in fact has more legislative accomplishments than one would expect
What are you referring to here?

JustRalph
10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Keating... convicted.

stop spreading lies............ he was exonerated in the keating investigation

witchdoctor
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Worst preznit ever
It is official

I don't think Bush is going to hold that title for very long if the polls are correct.

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Wright and Ayers VS Liddy and Keating.

Keating and Liddy were convicted and did time. Wright and Ayers were not and did not.Yeah, that Ayers is a choir boy, and Wright...how much is that new home of his and how was it financed? Humble preacher, my ass.

delayjf
10-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Witchdoctor

Great Article.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Hell, if all one needed to become president was being a great communicator, I'd rather have Oprah Winfrey or James Earl Jones as President than Obama!

At least Oprah and her staff have managed to build and grow some very successful businesses and manage things.

Great communication skills and charisma are great to have, but sure as hell shouldn't be the only criteria one brings to the table.

Sure, a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, but you still have to have the correct medicine!

delayjf
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Some highlights:

Associations are very different from alliances. Allies are not just people who happen to be where you are or who happen to be doing the same things you do. You choose allies deliberately for a reason. The kind of allies you choose says something about you.
Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, William Ayers and Antoin Rezko are not just people who happened to be at the same place at the same time as Barack Obama. They are people with whom he chose to ally himself for years, and with some of whom some serious money changed hands.
Why character matters:
Does it matter if Barack Obama is for sex education in kindergarten? It matters more than most things that are called "the real issues."
Seemingly unrelated things can give important insights into someone's outlook and character. For example, after the Cold War was over, it came out that one of the things that caught the attention of Soviet leaders early on was President Ronald Reagan's breaking of the air traffic controllers' strike.
Why were the Soviets concerned about a purely domestic American issue like an air traffic controllers' strike? Why was their attention not confined to "the real issues" between the United States and the Soviet Union?
Because one of the biggest and realest of all issues is the outlook and character of the President of the United States.
It would be hard to imagine any of Ronald Reagan's predecessors over the previous several decades-- whether Republicans or Democrats-- who would have broken a nationwide strike instead of caving in to the union's demands.
This told the Soviet leaders what Reagan was made of,
Why I'm not impressed with fancy speakers
Sadly, many of those who are enchanted by his rhetoric are unlikely to check out the facts. But nothing is a more real or more important issue than whether what a candidate says is the direct opposite of what he has actually been doing for years.
The old phrase, "a man of high ideals but no principles," is one that applies all too painfully to Barack Obama today. His words expressing lofty ideals may appeal to the gullible but his long history of having no principles makes him a danger of the first magnitude in the White House.
Classic example of Obama's Rhetoric not in line with his actions
Obama has said eloquent and lofty words about education, as he has about other things-- for example, how it is "unacceptable in a country as wealthy as ours" that some children "are not getting a decent shot at life" because of the failing schools.
In a predominantly black suburb of Chicago, where the average teacher's salary is $83,000 and one-fourth of the teachers make more than $100,000, Barack Obama noted that the school day ends at 1:30 PM.
It is not a question of Obama's not knowing. He has demonstrated conclusively that he knows what is going on.
But, for all his eloquent words, he has voted consistently for the teachers' unions and the status quo.

fast4522
10-07-2008, 07:16 PM
If McCain goes negative he's done. Not only will he lose, but the margin will be staggering. His only chance is to remain above the fray, but even that won't likely succeed.

It appears that there are those in his camp who think that going negative is the only way our of their quagmire.

This was posted here from page 1

Not only will he go negative, he will pound, pound, pound until the facts are for everyone to see, be full of disgust because facts will come to light.

Will it be dirty hard ball? You bet, its going to get ugly, and the week before the election it will be at its peak.

JustRalph
10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Amazing how a gazillion Obama supporters are coming out warning McCain not to go negative............ if it really was a death knell for McCain, why wouldn't they shut up?

delayjf
10-07-2008, 07:59 PM

I don't know, I recall it worked for Hillary in the last few primaries.

Tom
10-07-2008, 09:49 PM

Ah yes, the old repeat it often enough and weak minds will eventually believe it. hcap falls into that one, though generally about the second time he hears it!:lol:

Yes,McCain was exonerated, but one who was NOT is John Glenn, Senator, Ohio, and ADVISOR TO THE TERRORIST CANDIDATE, HUSSEIN OBAMA.

Tom
10-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by hcap
Piss off you and Tom.

Hey Mac, we're getting to him.

chickenhead
10-07-2008, 10:02 PM
the more I watch these two, the more I'm reminded why I've never voted for either major party in a Prezidential election.

Entitlement reform comes up twice, and they both blow it off. Hey, it's only a $51 trillion dollar problem. Who cares. Go back to sleep. :sleeping:

Wake me up when the riots start.

Tampa Russ
10-08-2008, 06:12 AM
the more I watch these two, the more I'm reminded why I've never voted for either major party in a Prezidential election.

Entitlement reform comes up twice, and they both blow it off. Hey, it's only a $51 trillion dollar problem. Who cares. Go back to sleep. :sleeping:

Wake me up when the riots start.

That was the point where I turned of the tube and called it a night. When one comes to realize that our elected officials are only human, and prone to the same spending tendancies as the humans who elected them, it becomes clear that real solutions are unlikely to occur anytime soon.

Tom
10-08-2008, 07:32 AM
There were some great questions. Too bad there were no good answers.
Both candidates are extremely disappointing and embarrassing.
But as liars, they are true professionals.

I liked the part where they both vowed to cut spending and pork and would look at every bill line by line and stop excessive spending. Right after both of the rat bastards voted in favor of the largest pork chop in history, without even reading it. A good question would have been "How many mortgages did it take to get that 100 mil for auto racing? How much health insurance would that have purchased?"

They don't come much lower than these two traitors. GD them both.

Bubba X
10-08-2008, 07:34 AM

How do you define "Exonerated?"

Was McCain indicted ir convicted of a crime?
No.

Was McCain FORMALLY REPRIMANDED by the BIPARTISAN Senate Ethics Committee for his role in improperly aiding his POLITICAL PATRON while the U.S. TAXPAYERS were getting screwed to the tune of $125,000,000,000?

OH HELL YES.

Is John McCain is the ONLY PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE of either political party IN HISTORY to have a FORMAL REPRIMAND BY THE SENATE ETHICS COMMITTEE on his resume?

10,000% Fact.

hcap
10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey Mac, we're getting to him.
I'M shaking in my boots. Meanwhile back at the ranch.

Snap Polls Give Debate Win To Obama
By Eric Kleefeld - October 7, 2008, 11:21PM

The post-debate snap polls are out, showing that Barack Obama won the debate.

In CNN's poll of debate-watchers, Obama won by a 54%-30% margin. In the CBS poll of uncommitted debate-watchers, Obama won 39%-27%.

The CNN poll's numbers were just read on TV, showing that Obama is seen as better on Iraq by 51%-47%, McCain has a 51%-46% edge on terrorism -- a subject where he's usually done much better than this -- and Obama wins 59%-37% on the economy. On the current financial crisis, Obama wins 57%-36%

Both the first presidential debate and the Veep debate showed the Dem winning -- and both were followed by the Democratic ticket gaining more and more in the polls.

Late Update: Some more numbers from the CNN poll were read just now on the air: Obama is seen as the stronger leader 54%-43%, and is more likable 65%-28%.

.................................................. ...............

Tom? Oh Tom? Once more no teleprompter for Obama. Unless you still think Obamas' evil twin secretly circling in that black helicopter sending microwave messages to his brother was the trick

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/blogs/winter/wp-content/uploads/tinfoilhat-755294.jpg

Oh, one more question. Is that you or your buddy BM trying on that nifty aluminum chapeau? :bang:

hcap
10-08-2008, 08:28 AM
http://www.straighttalkmccain.com/files/images/john-mccain2.jpg

..........http://thetrendsetter.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/equal_sign.gif
http://www.coldtoast.com/images/toastSliceWhiteBkgd.jpg

Maybe burnt toast even?

Tom
10-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Maybe he should have used one....he failed to answer the questions, resorting to canned sound bytes, although to be fair, neither was able to intelligently answer any questions - both just heard a buzz word and went off topic. I see where you it from, hcap. :rolleyes::D

hcap
10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Seriously Tom, no teleprompter, no uhs and extended pauses, no hesitation. Obama is the better debater. The things that you said would derail Obama were not evident. McSames' body language and demeanor did him in, and just did not come across as presidential. On substance, Obama slightly ahead.

The polls this week will move further in Obamas' direction.

Pell Mell
10-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Are these two pieces of shit the best this country can offer???

Tom
10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Yes, he did better than I thought.
Happy now, or were you planning on milking this for a week like you did the test message crap? Sorry to disappoint you. If looking presidential were important, if body language were important, then we should run Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. You have been watching to much Dancing With the Stars.
I want a president who ACTS presidential. Neither of these dipsticks can do that. Both are slugs. Last night, I saw two 5th graders arguing on the playground. I have zero respect or faith in either of them.

But here is my question, since HUSSEIN now says health care is a right, why the hell should I keep my job if he wins? I can just stop working, get free HC, welfare, and food stamps. What kind a fool would bother carrying his own weight when someone else will be forced to do it? Your boy is going to make my lie a lot easier. Oh yeah, all my bills, gues you can start paying them. :lol::lol::lol:

Marshall Bennett
10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I thought it was a toss up . BTW Hcap , CNN & CBS are as far left as you are . Why would anyone pay any attention to their opinion of the debate ? Several media Obama backers labeled McCain a loser for not going after Obama . Before the debate they warned him against it . Go figure .

ddog
10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
fox had it right , i guess, saw they gave 86 Mac 13 Obo 1 undecided.

sounds about right to me.

can we just call off the rout now!

I hear OBO is suspending his campaign, HRC going to take over.

delayjf
10-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Was McCain FORMALLY REPRIMANDED by the BIPARTISAN Senate Ethics Committee for his role in improperly aiding his POLITICAL PATRON while the U.S. TAXPAYERS were getting screwed to the tune of $125,000,000,000?
He was reprimanded for simply attending the meetings with the regulators, He never attempted to influence the investigation ( according to the regulators at the meeting) He even told the regulators he did want any favoritsm shown toward Keating.

barn32
10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Are these two pieces of shit the best this country can offer???No. But anybody worthy of the job doesn't want it. It's a job for politicians unfortunately. That's why we end up with total losers election after election after election.

hcap
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Yes, he did better than I thought.
Happy now, or were you planning on milking this for a week like you did the test message crap? Sorry to disappoint you. If looking presidential were important, if body language were important, then we should run Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. You have been watching to much Dancing With the Stars.
I want a president who ACTS presidential. Neither of these dipsticks can do that. Both are slugs. Last night, I saw two 5th graders arguing on the playground. I have zero respect or faith in either of them.

But here is my question, since HUSSEIN now says health care is a right, why the hell should I keep my job if he wins? I can just stop working, get free HC, welfare, and food stamps. What kind a fool would bother carrying his own weight when someone else will be forced to do it? Your boy is going to make my lie a lot easier. Oh yeah, all my bills, gues you can start paying them. :lol::lol::lol:Yeah go on welfare. Easy street. Drive up to the welfare office in your gold Cadillac and collect your fortune month after month while living on easy street. Sure all Americans will pay your bills. No need to even think. Let others do that for you too. Yeah life will be real real easy.

BTW, are you still voting for McCain? :lol: :bang: :bang:

Marshall Bennett
10-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah go on welfare. Easy street. Drive up to the welfare office in your gold Cadillac and collect your fortune month after month while living on easy street. Sure all Americans will pay your bills. No need to even think. Let others do that for you too. Yeah life will be real real easy.

BTW, are you still voting for McCain? :lol: :bang: :bang:
Seems you take sarcasm a bit seriously . In fact I always thought that applied to dead beat liberals that refused to work after a long day of marching , protesting , smoking dope , and/or whatever . :D

hcap
10-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey guys, are you still voting for McCain? Tom? Marshall? Ralph?

Seems McCain is no longer the great warrior he became magically after he picked Palin. Tom and Ralph went from sitting out the election to avid supporters.
Just checking :D

hcap
10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Battleground states

Colorado 49.3 45.3 Obama +4.0
Ohio 48.9 44.9 Obama +4.0
Florida 48.3 45.3 Obama +3.0
Nevada 49.6 46.6 Obama +3.0
Missouri 47.8 47.5 Obama +0.3
Virginia 49.9 45.1 Obama +4.8

ddog
10-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Seems you take sarcasm a bit seriously . In fact I always thought that applied to dead beat liberals that refused to work after a long day of marching , protesting , smoking dope , and/or whatever . :D

Uh, i suspect he was dissing the idea that you can stop work and live high on the hog, the old welfare queen caddy shack deal????

I could be on the wrong side of the tracks with this one , wouldn't be the first time.

:lol:

hcap
10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Uh, i suspect he was dissing the idea that you can stop work and live high on the hog, the old welfare queen caddy shack deal????

I could be on the wrong side of the tracks with this one , wouldn't be the first time.

:lol:Yep, I thought I would give Tom some satirical encouragement on gaming the system. The fear of welfare queens destroying the American way helped many republicans in the past scare the shit out of their flock. But ironically welfare fraud never a major threat to our treasury is indeed now small potatoes. Some corporate types now put welfare fraud to shame 700 billion times over.

delayjf
10-08-2008, 06:32 PM
But ironically welfare fraud never a major threat to our treasury is indeed now small potatoes.
It's now referred to as "affordable housing"

fast4522
10-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Hcap
What if Nobama does not win, will you doubt who voted for who and why? Will you say that the election was stolen again? Wait until a week before the election to see if things are too close to call because new dirt makes it on all networks. Never happen right?

Jake
10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Battleground states

Colorado 49.3 45.3 Obama +4.0
Ohio 48.9 44.9 Obama +4.0
Florida 48.3 45.3 Obama +3.0
Nevada 49.6 46.6 Obama +3.0
Missouri 47.8 47.5 Obama +0.3
Virginia 49.9 45.1 Obama +4.8

This will prove fatal. Missouri will go Republican, Virginia either way. Doesn't
matter, because as the economy worsens, it goes towards Obama.

hcap
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Hcap
What if Nobama does not win, will you doubt who voted for who and why? Will you say that the election was stolen again? Wait until a week before the election to see if things are too close to call because new dirt makes it on all networks. Never happen right?Will you ask similar questions if McCain loses? Right now, after the second debate Obama has a pretty strong lead in electoral votes. Even if he loses some battleground states, as Jake points out, McCain has too big a task ahead of him in terms of the electoral count. And yes the worsening economy will move voters away from McSame. Same is the key.

hcap
10-08-2008, 07:18 PM
It's now referred to as "affordable housing"The war in Iraq and the bailout will drain the economy 1000s' of times greater than welfare queens ever had or will. Universal health care is now a bargain compared to those two oopses. Of course now it may be further down the road. The task may not be doable now. Affordable housing serves a real purpose. Of course you could give everyone trailers contaminated by formaldehyde.

wonatthewire1
10-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Affordable housing serves a real purpose. Of course you could give everyone trailers contaminated by formaldehyde.

hcap, isn't housing much more affordable now?

Easy for you to say with all that discount shopping in your area

:faint:

Tom
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
hcap, to those who can afford it yes.
But that term is code for the Barney F's of the world to mean re-distribution of wealth to those who do not contribute, that do not carry their weight.
How many mortgages could have been saved by just the 100 mil for auto tracks that YOUR DEMS put into the sell out bill? How much HC could have been provided with that extra 150 billion of pork they put in?

Get real, dude, you are drinking Barney's Kool Aid. Wake up and see the light.
Ignorance like yours only fuels it. You are the pidgeon they count on.

PaceAdvantage
10-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I have come to the conclusion that even McCain will be voting for Obama. How else to explain such a lackluster debate performance by McCain? WTF?

Is somebody whispering in McCain's ear that he's winning this thing? Does he think he doesn't have to take some risks? WTF?

Why doesn't McCain start reminding us in debates what's going to happen if we elect an ultra-liberal President and a fully Democratic Congress?

What is he waiting for? Remind everyone what it was like under Jimmy Carter. Remind everyone that these clowns, with full control over Congress and the White House will end up passing EVERYTHING THEY'VE EVER DREAMED OF!!

And we haven't even talked about Supreme Court nominees.

Why hasn't McCain mentioned ANY OF THIS during the debates? WTF?

Tom
10-09-2008, 10:40 PM
The only way to salvage anything is totally abandon the WH, and McCan't and go for blood in the congressional races to prevent the hemorrhaging.

ElKabong
10-10-2008, 12:55 AM
...and all the while many polls have this race tightening....Polls have historically favored dems in early october. Kerry was ahead this time 4 yrs ago & Sec and lil grl were having real ones thinking Kerry would win.

Mccain wins this thing. The closer we get to 11/4 the more people realize what an 0bama admin would be like. Higher taxes on businesses would be the death knell of many of us with jobs....The cutting has to come from somewhere and it's almost always JOBS.

I doubt a winner will be crowned until after Thanskgiving. It'll be ugly, but Mccain- PALIN wins this thing fair and square. If you thought the Reagan-Bush swing the last 3 days was huge, it won't be greater than Johnny Mc's.

bigmack
10-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Is it considered "going negative" if you get an endorsement from Louie Farrakhan, and in that endorsement he calls you The Messiah?

OowxMcVTjTE

highnote
10-10-2008, 08:56 PM
One dangerous thing about some of Palin's attacks where she tries to tie Obama to Ayers is that it does stoke people's emotions. There are a lot of crazy people out there. Someone is apt to try to cause physical harm to Obama just because they get so riled up over Palin's vitriol.

It's a fine line the repub candidates have to walk.

McCain got booed by his own crowd for defending Obama when someone said he is an Arab. McCain shook his head in disagreement, and said:

"No, ma'am. He's a decent, family man, a citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with (him) on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign is all about."

He had drawn boos with his comment: "I have to tell you, he is a decent person and a person that you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States."

hcap
10-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Good for John.

"At a rally late today in Minnesota, John McCain addressed the heated comments, including calls to violence, coming from some supporters at his rallies this week:

"I am enthusiastic and encouraged by the enthusiasm and I think it's really good," McCain said. "We have to fight and i will fight but we will be respectful. I admire Sen. Obama and his accomplishments and I want to be respectful.

...Indeed, McCain just snatched the microphone out the hands of a woman who began her question with, "I'm scared of Barack Obama... he's an Arab terrorist..."

"No, no ma'am," he interrupted. "He's a decent family man with whom I happen to have some disagreements."

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
One dangerous thing about some of Palin's attacks where she tries to tie Obama to Ayers is that it does stoke people's emotions. There are a lot of crazy people out there. Someone is apt to try to cause physical harm to Obama just because they get so riled up over Palin's vitriol.What, now we have to baby Obama? Every single Presidential candidate (and President for that matter) is a target. Not just Obama.

That's why we have a Secret Service.

hcap
10-10-2008, 09:40 PM
After McCain defended Obama as a "decent family man with whom I happen to have some disagreements." his crowd booed him.

Do I detect some boos here?

highnote
10-11-2008, 12:57 AM
What, now we have to baby Obama? Every single Presidential candidate (and President for that matter) is a target. Not just Obama.

That's why we have a Secret Service.

No one has to do anything.

The leader of the republican party says Obama is decent family man whom no one should be afraid of as president.

That's a good enough character endorsement for me. I certainly don't hold McCain's meetings with Keating against him.

The thing that cracks me up is that McCain and Obama have probably met hundreds of thousands of people during their political careers; how many of the people they've met are criminals? Probably more than one. But the percentage is miniscule. Yet each side tries to frame the other's character as if those benign meetings tell the whole story of the candidate.

If there was a repetitive pattern then it would be a different story.

Every Sunday criminals probably drop money into the donation basket at places of worship. Does that mean pastors are bad people?

Should the pastors do background checks on everyone before they can accept their donation?

If the Ayers issue was a big deal McCain had the perfect audience to lay out his case against Obama and he didn't. Why? Because he's knows it isn't true.

We all know there are a lot of crazy people in the world who will do irrational things because of something an authority figure says. If nothing else, why make the secret service person's job more difficult?

Think about it, if someone tries to cause physical harm to a candidate there is also risk of physical harm to the secret service person and others in close proximity. Think of how many people who would also be wounded emotionally if anything happened to any candidate of secret service person or any person in close proximity to the candidate. There is a ripple effect. Everyone would have family members and circles of close friends who would be hurt emotionally.

So people need to calm down, step back and stay focused on the issues and not get carried away by emotion.

There is so much focus on the election right now we forget we are still involved in a war in the middle east.

PaceAdvantage
10-11-2008, 10:08 PM
One of the ISSUES to stay FOCUSED on is CHARACTER.

Character is a very important component of a President, in my opinion, and I would guess yours as well.

Having an associate like Ayers (and yes, he was at the very least, an associate of Obama's...not simply a guy he happened to shake hands with before entering a building), speaks to Obama's lack of character. Hearing Obama DOWNPLAY Ayers' terrorist activities as something that happened when Obama was EIGHT YEARS OLD is perverse if you ask me. I can only shudder to think of how the MSM would rip John McCain apart if the shoe were on the other foot.

This country has lost its way.

Years ago, a candidate like Obama, even if he were LILY WHITE and named JIMMY OLSEN, would have been relegated to FRINGE status ala Lyndon LaRouche (and no, I am not comparing LL's politics to Obama's, just using LL as an example of a fringe candidate) because of Obama's associations (Wright and Ayers + others) and his far-left leaning political beliefs.

I chalk the rise of Obama up to BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) that has swept the Democratic party. It will shock me if such a radical candidate as Obama actually wins, even in the face of current polls (which are most likely rigged).

DeanT
10-12-2008, 12:26 AM
As an outsider I have been having a laugh at some of the coverage at Mccain rallies and the traditional press's reporting of them. I find the hypocrisy hilarious. For the last eight years I have heard your president called, by his political opponents, as well as in magazines et al some absolutely awful things. It is just accepted as fine by people that do not like him. But now when someone calls Obama something, it is suddenly something that people should apologize for.

I really think your mainstream media is out of touch and I can not believe anyone who defends them any longer. I hope this election cleans house and your media can be something that is respected again.

Before I get slammed, our media up here is no better. In fact it is probably worse.

barn32
10-12-2008, 02:15 AM
It will shock me if such a radical candidate as Obama actually wins, even in the face of current polls (which are most likely rigged).You are in serious denial. But I thought the same thing about Clinton/Bush Sr, as I sat there and watched my good buddy bet everyone he could on Clinton. He took his emotion out of out and just used common sense.

Polls are rigged? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Polls are rigged? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Wait...you are going to sit here and laugh at my polls are rigged comment, yet when the left accused the right of rigging the 2004 election itself (not to mention 2000 as well), they are to be treated seriously?

I would think it would be much easier to rig a meaningless pre-election poll than the election itself, wouldn't you?

Laugh all you want...Nov. 4 will be interesting one way or another.

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2008, 02:23 AM
And for the record, I'm not in denial at all. Obama could easily be the next president, and if that's the case, then so be it...I am not dumb enough to buy into the myth that the president, whomever it is, has any real affect on day-to-day living here in the United States of America.

Nothing is going to change much, no matter who is elected.

After all, the Democrats promised great change if they were elected to Congress, and look what has happened. Nothing. More of the same dismal approval ratings.

The only thing this next president has going for him (whoever it might be) is that he has the perfect scapegoat anytime something goes wrong -- GWB.

You can be sure that if Obama is President, everything and anything that goes wrong with this country will be blamed on GWB by both him and the MSM.

Republicans did a lot of this with Clinton.

Like I said, nothing is really going to change.

JustRalph
10-12-2008, 03:50 AM

and this will be Obama's downfall. In year two of his presidency the press and the "black community" turn on him because nothing changes, and in fact, his supporters lives start turning for the worse. If he gets the House and Senate like I think he will.............. and they pass some of the shit they are planning............things get much worse for his supporters and mostly the minority community. No matter what ethnicity etc.

When they make the economy worse and hammer the Health system.......... those with money will run further away and the effects of that will trickle straight to the bottom...................it is going to be a bumpy ride for many years.................

Tom
10-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Polls are rigged? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here is some of HUSSEIN's community organizing work in action....

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10122008/news/politics/7_yr__old_gets_an_acorn_vote_133207.htm

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Wait...you are going to sit here and laugh at my polls are rigged comment, yet when the left accused the right of rigging the 2004 election itself (not to mention 2000 as well), they are to be treated seriously?

I would think it would be much easier to rig a meaningless pre-election poll than the election itself, wouldn't you?

Laugh all you want...Nov. 4 will be interesting one way or another.
One could conclude that this election was rigged in that the media has had more to do with Obama's success than Obama himself . If it weren't for the media McCain would be guaranteed a victory and I doubt Obama ever would have been the Dem. candidate .

Secretariat
10-12-2008, 02:28 PM

Like I said, nothing is really going to change.

I've been saying this for months. We are in agreement. The Bush administration has presided over an economy that only now is coming home to roost.

This thread says if McCain goes negative. At this point he seems torn between what his VP says, what his ads say, what his supporters at rallies say, and what he wants to commit to. I am hoping that he pushes the negative even more. Just what the American people want to hear in these economic times.