PDA

View Full Version : TVG Network on the block

trigger
10-06-2008, 06:05 PM
"Macrovision has officially put the TV Guide Network and smaller TVG Network on the block, about five months after buying parent firm Gemstar-TV Guide and in the teeth of a financial-market meltdown that seems likely to depress the sale price, according to analysts.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Based on Macrovision's breakdown of the deal — it purchased Gemstar for $2.35 billion — TV Guide Network was valued at $408 million, TVG Network at $112 million, the magazine at $61 million and online networks at $32 million. Together, that would put the value of a deal at about $613 million."

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6601957.html

rrbauer
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
:sleeping:

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
How about that guy from Cnet buying it?

JimG
10-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm still trying to determine if TVG is more valuable with or without their on-air "talent". ;)

Jim

LottaKash
10-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm still trying to determine if TVG is more valuable with or without their on-air "talent". ;)

Jim

I suppose it is better than nothing at all.........I suppose......:rolleyes:

best,

ALostTexan
10-09-2008, 01:41 AM
:sleeping:

Actually, this could be an important and very good thing for Comcast customers, because with the changing of ownership of TVG it could mean that HRTV could come to Comcast. I remember something from the past where someone connected with TVG or Comcast said that HR would never be broadcast on Comcast, but don't remember the details.

If someone has information on this please correct me. I just cannot seem to remember what the story was...

netbet
10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi.

HRTV is available on Comcast in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Are you sure you aren't referring to Direct TV? I know HRTV and TVG are available on Dish Network.

Netbet

ALostTexan
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi.

HRTV is available on Comcast in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Are you sure you aren't referring to Direct TV? I know HRTV and TVG are available on Dish Network.

Netbet

See I don't have HRTV on Comcast in Tucson, and in my apartment Dish is, unfortunately, not an option.

I am going to have to call Comcast again about this...

ALostTexan
10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I called Comcast today, and at least put in my suggestion to add HRTV, and I will probably do it weekly. Hopefully a few others will do the same...