PDA

View Full Version : Learning Time

RaceBookJoe
10-06-2008, 03:47 PM
This thread may help someone more now, because of the crazy times, economic situations, political wackiness etc , but may help at any time...at least to get people thinking. It will lean more to the economic situations people are facing. Instead of getting caught up in all of the gloom and doom ( just look at the stock market ) , and getting down, dont waste time and energy worrying. Worrying wont ever solve anything, instead spend your time LEARNING. Dont waste this time.
I would start out first learning all I can about myself...who am i, what can I do, what can i live with/without etc, what do I need to live on/keep my way of life/let go of to help out moneywise etc. Next I would learn 2 skills....one of these skills should be a trade that is servicable....easier said than done. The other skill everyone should learn is the ART of investing/trading.....learn everything including how to make money in any market condition. Remember, not losing money is just as important as making money. Learn how the market works, how it IS working and how to jump on a moving train as opposed to trying to guess the next move. Use this time to learn how to take advantage of the next market rally.
Since we cant lower gas prices ourselves...instead of worrying about it, try to learn how to deal with it, why things happen like this and possibly how to profit alongside. There are a lot of people out there hurting....some are on this forum. Many people have seen their IRA's and other retirement vehicles get slammed, and its time to take your future into your own hands. Nobody will care about your money and future more than you will. From time to time I plan to list a book that I feel helps to improve people. This first book should be required reading at every school in the world. "Think and Grow Rich" written by Napoleon Hill is such a book... it is old, but came out not long after the Great Depression (parallels todays mindset) , and holds a great collection of knowledge nuggets. Would love to hear others ideas/books etc, on how to help people, because I honestly dont think we can rely on the government to help. PA...if the thread doesnt make sense, delete it. rbj ps i cant figure how to make the paragraphs more legible aarrrrggg.