PDA

View Full Version : Mudslinging

highnote
10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
All the mudslinging going on right now only proves one thing... the candidates are clueless about what to do about the economy. I guess they figure that if they can sling enough mud it will keep the voters minds off of what is really important.

It's the economy, stupid.

I could care less about what a person did in the past. The past does not equal the future.

What I care about is what a person is doing today and what are they planning to do in the future.

Is there anything less productive than mudslinging? How does mudslinging put people back to work? How does it resolve the middle eastern wars?

You'd think people would learn from history. But no. They keep making the same mistakes.

Well, just in case they can get a clue. Here's a history lesson....

It's the economy, stupid.

DanG
10-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Fair points in regards to the garbage that passes for debate much less displaying the ability to govern people of divergent viewpoints;

Having said that; if we think our current level of political discourse is unique or harsher then our past it’s actually just the opposite. There are accounts written of early campaigns that would make Rove & Carville look like Mr. Rogers.

I’m more convinced then ever neither “side” is particularly proud of their party but remain convinced the other “side” is evil incarnated.

I’m very hopeful this condition leads to a two party implosion and we can revisit our founding fathers ingenious blueprints that we have conveniently misplaced.

ddog
10-06-2008, 01:00 PM
bravo!!!
:jump:

Tom
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Is it mudslinging if it is true?

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
none of them can do anything to fix things. These things take years to take effect.......... We are living through the decisions of the 90's now...........

rastajenk
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Somebody smarter than me wrote, "What's past is prologue."

highnote
10-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Having said that; if we think our current level of political discourse is unique or harsher then our past it’s actually just the opposite. There are accounts written of early campaigns that would make Rove & Carville look like Mr. Rogers.

That is true. There are instances where presidential races got very nasty.

Still, nastiness is not going to solve our problems.

Could it be they turn to mudslinging because they haven't a clue? If that's true, why would we want to vote for them in the first place. So what if we agree with them philosophically. I agree with my co-workers, philosophically, but I wouldn't want any of them running the government.

ElKabong
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Is it mudslinging if it is true?

Something else that is true, yet one side will consider as slinging mud...

What does Osama and Obama have in common?
They both have friends that bombed the Pentagon.

Secretariat
10-06-2008, 06:11 PM
none of them can do anything to fix things.

Glad you figured that out. I knew over a year ago that Bush's policies were coming home to roost. This was why I initially supported McSame. I figured the fall of the economy would occur in 2009 or 2010, but it's been accelerated. Not good. Neither Obama or McSame will be able to do a thing about it and they'll get blamed. The losing party in 08 will be much stronger in 2012. This was why I wanted Obama to lose. However, with the selection of Palin and the age of McSame I'm not sure we'll be around in 2012 so I'll vote based NOT on the economy, but on Supreme Court appointments and hopefully getting out of Iraq.

Wish there was mroe to vote on, but the next four years look bad no matter who wins.

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
However, with the selection of Palin and the age of McSame I'm not sure we'll be around in 2012 so I'll vote based NOT on the economy, but on Supreme Court appointments and hopefully getting out of Iraq.Say again?