PDA

View Full Version : At least Sarah "gets it"...

ElKabong
10-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Kristol asks her why she doesn't go after rev Wright since that connection is closer than 0bama's with Ayres. Her reply is below. Sounds like she's ready to rumble....My guess is Mc's waiting until 10/15 or so to release the Rev. US of KKK-A ads. Those will have the most bang for the buck, no need to empty the chamber now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/06/opinion/06kristol.html

I pointed out that Obama surely had a closer connection to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright than to Ayers — and so, I asked, if Ayers is a legitimate issue, what about Reverend Wright?

She didn’t hesitate: “To tell you the truth, Bill, I don’t know why that association isn’t discussed more, because those were appalling things that that pastor had said about our great country, and to have sat in the pews for 20 years and listened to that — with, I don’t know, a sense of condoning it, I guess, because he didn’t get up and leave — to me, that does say something about character. But, you know, I guess that would be a John McCain call on whether he wants to bring that up.”

Greyfox
10-06-2008, 01:12 AM
She didn’t hesitate: those were appalling things that that pastor had said about our great country, and to have sat in the pews for 20 years and listened to that — with, I don’t know, a sense of condoning it, I guess, because he didn’t get up and leave — to me, that does say something about character.

Exactly. She hit the nail on the head. Why others aren't getting it is beyond my comprehension.

riskman
10-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Have fun:

October 3, 2008, 5:29 pm
Article Comparison: Obama/Biden Vs. McCain/Palin
By Clark Hoyt

Has The Times been tougher on John McCain and Sarah Palin than it has been on Barack Obama and Joe Biden? Here are enterprise/investigative articles the newspaper has done on each of the four candidates since early 2007.

http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/03/article-comparison-obamabiden-vs-mccainpalin/

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
I wonder if that Michelle Obama tape might show up soon?

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
“A similar blind spot toward the political ‘other’ explains much of the contempt for Palin. If she were a Democrat, her unusual life would be spun into a compelling narrative that would make her the darling of the coastal elite.

How she’s raising that lovely brood of kids, her care for that severely handicapped baby, her relationship with that rugged hubby who often cares for the kids and is part native, her unlikely rise through the political minefields, her tough knocks and gutsy performance on the national stage - all would be testament to a breakthrough of historic proportions we would be ordered to celebrate in the name of diversity and equality…

Some day, we will look back with disgust at the abuse Palin has taken and wonder how it could happen in this great nation, circa 2008.”

oddsmaven
10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
“Some day, we will look back with disgust at the abuse Palin has taken and wonder how it could happen in this great nation, circa 2008.”

Many in the public & media, including some prominent conservatives (no doubt a number of others would admit it too if they didn't want to hurt the ticket) feel that she is UNQUALIFIED ...that she hasn't spent any appreciable time thinking about national issues is obvious...she reluctantly tried a couple of interviews and they went horribly thanks to her...anyone trying to attain high national office should be expected to sit down on a Sunday Morning news show and be questioned sharply...she can't handle that because of her lack of knowledge...we deserve someone with the appropriate ability to master these subjects and make sound, thoughtful judgements on them.

For a novice, she can sure dish it out in terms of mocking ridicule directed at her opponents...if you can dish it out you should be able to take it...that she hasn't gotten it back worse is only because it gets unseemly to stomp someone clearly overmatched, like a football team adding late TD's to route :D .

Tom
10-06-2008, 10:20 AM
And what great experience does Obama have....you know, the guy on TOP of their ticket? Does hanging out with home grown terrorists somehow give him insight in to world affairs? Face it, Obama has no more experience that Sara does.

ddog
10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
“A similar blind spot toward the political ‘other’ explains much of the contempt for Palin. If she were a Democrat, her unusual life would be spun into a compelling narrative that would make her the darling of the coastal elite.

How she’s raising that lovely brood of kids, her care for that severely handicapped baby, her relationship with that rugged hubby who often cares for the kids and is part native, her unlikely rise through the political minefields, her tough knocks and gutsy performance on the national stage - all would be testament to a breakthrough of historic proportions we would be ordered to celebrate in the name of diversity and equality…

Some day, we will look back with disgust at the abuse Palin has taken and wonder how it could happen in this great nation, circa 2008.”

Recall, if you will the posting I made awhile back that , I think you referred to as needing a sarcasim icon attached?

Seems I called the shots dead on.
How can you STILL be surprised by this stuff?

She is just another pol that caught a wave and rode some oil giveaways into office in Alaska.

Still "clinging" to the great country deal , huh?

Only when this gvt is flushed(both parties) do we have any shot at that title again.

Nothing to see here..... move along now.

As to the various Revs ,etc. I hope they turn it up to full blast, the Obamaites are all that stand between this "order" and a meltdown politically.

The sooner he is shown to be just as useless a tool as Bush/Mccain and the like the sooner we can get on with it.

No need to bomb the Pentagon, these clowns , just like the Masters of the Universe have punched their own tickets to the trash heap!

It is funny to watch people fight over the last deckchair on the Titanic , in a political sense.

oddsmaven
10-06-2008, 12:04 PM
And what great experience does Obama have....you know, the guy on TOP of their ticket? Does hanging out with home grown terrorists somehow give him insight in to world affairs? Face it, Obama has no more experience that Sara does.

I've seen Obama often on the national stage for at least four years...and he participated in tons of presidential debates in the primaries so the people have had plenty of opportunities to evaluate him...he's done the sunday news shows just like other major figures would be expected to...and he even gave o'reilly thorough airtime to grill him on his show...palin on the other hand, can not manage it and it would be the worst embarrassment we'd ever seen if she tried it...a single debate with no follow-up could only expose her so much...she is afraid to be properly vetted on these shows and I'm sure even you know it, Tom.

ArlJim78
10-06-2008, 12:10 PM
going on talk shows doesn't mean you are ready for president.

Obama wouldn't pass an FBI security check due to his past associations.

oddsmaven
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM

The Sunday new shows I referred to are in no way considered "talk" shows...they are serious news programs that have served to provide important dialogue and questioning over the years with presidents, other national leaders, foreign leaders, etc.

These shows often make news and are quite valuable and necessary in an open society...and they would be the perfect venue for finding out the level of depth (or lack thereof) of its participants.

barn32
10-06-2008, 01:42 PM

It's got nothing to do with going on a talk show. It has to do with being able to articulate once you are there.

delayjf
10-06-2008, 02:52 PM
It has to do with being able to articulate once you are there.
That's something I don't quite get, how the left goes ga ga over the fact that someone is a good speaker.

The truth is he has no leadership experience, he's never been in charge of anything, being a senator is not a leadership position - your vote is one out of 100. He's never been faced with a life threatening situation and he's never had to make the kinds of tough decisions that McCain has.

His much ballyhooed opposition to the war did not come to the forefront until things were not going well there, but had we listened to him, no doubt that war would have been lost. Now after his well documented opposition to the war and his declaration, the great orator wants me to believe that he is now a hawk and is willing to now invade Pakistan - give me a break.

rastajenk
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Or that he wants to beef up the effort in Afghanistan, while Crazy Uncle Joe tells us a surge won't work. Don't we have the right to know, which one's it gonna be? Is the Dem ticket composed of such great orators that they can speak out of both sides of the mouth simultaneously while saying nothing at all?

RaceBookJoe
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Or that he wants to beef up the effort in Afghanistan, while Crazy Uncle Joe tells us a surge won't work. Don't we have the right to know, which one's it gonna be? Is the Dem ticket composed of such great orators that they can speak out of both sides of the mouth simultaneously while saying nothing at all?

And everyone is hypnotized into believing whatever the hell they think they heard. Absolutely amazing. rbj

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
The truth is he has no leadership experience, he's never been in charge of anything,

Bullshit! Stop spreading those lies. He was in charge of a foundation that handed out millions of dollars to his buddy the Terrorist!!!

He is very good at giving money to his buddies............

Bubba X
10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
In related, "At Least Sarah Gets It" news, a new CNN poll shows 40% now hold an unfavorable view of Sarah Palin, compared to 21% when she got the nomination.

Perhaps if we wait long enough she will be the only one who gets it, whatever it may be.

Secretariat
10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
In related, "At Least Sarah Gets It" news, a new CNN poll shows 40% now hold an unfavorable view of Sarah Palin, compared to 21% when she got the nomination.

Perhaps if we wait long enough she will be the only one who gets it, whatever it may be.

:lol:

She's become a laughingstock with Tina Fey's impersonations.

She's got her own scandal in Troopergate, and as to pastors, my God, she invited a witchdoctor to her church. She sleeps with a man who belongs to an orgnaization that advocates Alaskan secession from the Union. How patriotic is that? In fact she even addressed their group. McSame takes contributions from a known felon who has advocated murder of a journalist as well as how to take out federal agents.

The American public gets it even if some members of this board still don't.

RaceBookJoe
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM

She's got her own scandal in Troopergate, and as to pastors, my God, she invited a witchdoctor to her church. She sleeps with a man who belongs to an orgnaization that advocates Alaskan secession from the Union. How patriotic is that? In fact she even addressed their group. McSame takes contributions from a known felon who has advocated murder of a journalist as well as how to take out federal agents.

The American public gets it even if some members of this board still don't.

Obviously they dont, otherwise they would stop voting for politicians. :bang:

bigmack
10-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Looks like she's pretty torn up about it.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports today that it's looking more and more likely that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will appear on ''Saturday Night Live'' – to have some fun with Tina Fey.

delayjf
10-06-2008, 07:56 PM
This is rich - I just reaqd a headline where Obama states that McCain is erratic in a crisis - WHEN HAS OBAMA EVER BEEN IN A CRISIS???? :lol: Maybe he was on the Plane that got shot at along with Clinton and Biden. :lol:

HUSKER55
10-06-2008, 09:06 PM
The media has relentllessy pounded Sarah. No one can deny the screwing she has gotten.

To be a proper Democratic candidate all you have to do is snort coke, hang out with crooks like Hillary and wild Bill, and sing GOD DAMN AMERICA.

The press will do the rest.

What is so difficult to understand.

alydar
10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
The media has relentllessy pounded Sarah. No one can deny the screwing she has gotten.

To be a proper Democratic candidate all you have to do is snort coke, hang out with crooks like Hillary and wild Bill, and sing GOD DAMN AMERICA.

If you really belive what you just said, THAT is hard to understand.

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Looks like some get it.........posting this just because of the polls posted last week by the horsemen

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/06/opinion/polls/main4504633.shtml

CBS Poll: Presidential Race Tightens
Survey Shows Obama Leading McCain 47 Percent To 43 Percent Among Registered Voters Nationwide Following V.P. Debate

(CBS) In a sign that the race for president has returned to about where it was before the first presidential debate, the Obama-Biden ticket leads the McCain-Palin ticket 47 percent to 43 percent among registered voters in a new CBS News poll.

The Obama-Biden ticket led by a wider margin, nine percentage points, in a CBS News poll released last Wednesday, before Joe Biden and Sarah Palin faced off in the vice presidential debate. Obama-Biden led by five percentage points on Sept. 25.

In the new poll, the Democratic ticket leads by 3 percentage points, 48 percent to 45 percent, among likely voters.

more at the link

Hey Sec, on your comment about McCain and felon.......... Don't forget that Obama's house was bought for him by a Convicted Felon who is negotiating a deal with prosecutors as I write this............... :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 10:53 PM
If you don't think Obama's Buddy Ayers was a terrorist..........check this article by one of his victims

http://www.city-journal.org/2008/eon0430jm.html

JOHN M. MURTAGH
Fire in the Night
The Weathermen tried to kill my family.
30 April 2008
During the April 16 debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up “a gentleman named William Ayers,” who “was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He’s never apologized for that.” Stephanopoulos then asked Obama to explain his relationship with Ayers. Obama’s answer: “The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.” Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers’s Weathermen tried to murder me.

In February 1970, my father, a New York State Supreme Court justice, was presiding over the trial of the so-called “Panther 21,” members of the Black Panther Party indicted in a plot to bomb New York landmarks and department stores. Early on the morning of February 21, as my family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at our home on the northern tip of Manhattan, two at the front door and the third tucked neatly under the gas tank of the family car. (Today, of course, we’d call that a car bomb.) A neighbor heard the first two blasts and, with the remains of a snowman I had built a few days earlier, managed to douse the flames beneath the car. That was an act whose courage I fully appreciated only as an adult, an act that doubtless saved multiple lives that night.

I still recall, as though it were a dream, thinking that someone was lifting and dropping my bed as the explosions jolted me awake, and I remember my mother’s pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn’t leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside. The same night, bombs were thrown at a police car in Manhattan and two military recruiting stations in Brooklyn. Sunlight, the next morning, revealed three sentences of blood-red graffiti on our sidewalk: FREE THE PANTHER 21; THE VIET CONG HAVE WON; KILL THE PIGS.

For the next 18 months, I went to school in an unmarked police car. My mother, a schoolteacher, had plainclothes detectives waiting in the faculty lounge all day. My brother saved a few bucks because he didn’t have to rent a limo for the senior prom: the NYPD did the driving. We all made the best of the odd new life that had been thrust upon us, but for years, the sound of a fire truck’s siren made my stomach knot and my heart race. In many ways, the enormity of the attempt to kill my entire family didn’t fully hit me until years later, when, a father myself, I was tucking my own nine-year-old John Murtagh into bed.

~more at the link~

hcap
10-07-2008, 05:59 AM
CBS Poll: Presidential Race Tightens
Survey Shows Obama Leading McCain 47 Percent To 43 Percent Among Registered Voters Nationwide Following V.P. Debate

(CBS) In a sign that the race for president has returned to about where it was before the first presidential debate, the Obama-Biden ticket leads the McCain-Palin ticket 47 percent to 43 percent among registered voters in a new CBS News poll. We will see where this goes. But you are neglecting the battleground polls.

More Polls Show Obama Ahead In Battleground States
By Eric Kleefeld - October 6, 2008, 6:37PM

A new set of polls from Rasmussen shows Barack Obama further dominating in key swing states -- though McCain retains an edge in Ohio for this particular firm:

• Colorado: Obama ahead 51%-45%, with a ±3% margin of error. Last week, Obama had a narrower 49%-48% edge.

• Florida: Obama up 52%-45%, outside the ±3% margin of error. Last week, the two candidates were tied at 47% each.

• Missouri: Obama up 50%-47%, within the ±3% margin of error. Three weeks ago, McCain was ahead 51%-46%.

• Ohio: McCain with a 48%-47% edge, with a ±3% margin of error. Last week, McCain was up 47%-46%, pretty much the same as now.

• Virginia: Obama up 50%-48%, within the ±3% margin of error, not all that different from Obama's 50%-47% lead a week ago.

All five of these states voted for George W. Bush in 2004, and all totaled they have 80 electoral votes. If John McCain were to lose even one from the Republican column, winning would become extremely difficult.

Electoral.......

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

Obama/Biden 264

192 Solid 72 Leaning

McCain/Palin 163

143 Solid 20 Leaning

Toss Up 111

111 Toss Up

hcap
10-07-2008, 06:30 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/06/poll.of.polls/index.html

Obama widens lead in national poll

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (CNN) -- A new national poll suggests Barack Obama is widening his lead over John McCain in the race for the White House.
Sen. Barack Obama leads Sen. John McCain by 8 points, according to CNN's latest poll.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll out Monday afternoon suggests that the country's financial crisis, record low approval ratings for President Bush and a drop in the public's perception of McCain's running mate could be contributing to Obama's gains.

Fifty-three percent of likely voters questioned in the poll say they are backing Obama for president, with 45 percent supporting McCain.

Tom
10-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Man, are you obsesses or what?
I've seen anyone as narrow as you are.

You need to rest. Go abroad. Or get one.:rolleyes:

Greyfox
10-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Man, are you obsesses or what?
I've seen anyone as narrow as you are.

Your comment makes me wonder where 46Zil is on this topic?
Have you beaten him off or is he building an insurgence.
At any rate, I'm praying that he's okay as he's been "missing in action" on a thread that he'd normally weigh in on.

bigmack
10-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Your comment makes me wonder where 46Zil is on this topic?
Have you beaten him off or is he building an insurgence.
At any rate, I'm praying that he's okay as he's been "missing in action" on a thread that he'd normally weigh in on.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/Ice_House69/banned.jpg

Cangamble
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Exactly. She hit the nail on the head. Why others aren't getting it is beyond my comprehension.
If you want to be fair, why didn't Palin walk out when she was getting the treatment from a witch doctor?

Tom
10-07-2008, 01:11 PM
To be really fair, she didn't call him her spiritual advisor and sit there for 20 years.

witchdoctor
10-07-2008, 02:51 PM
If you want to be fair, why didn't Palin walk out when she was getting the treatment from a witch doctor?

For the record, I NEVER treated Sarah Palin. :D

Tom
10-07-2008, 04:09 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2008, 06:25 PM
If you want to be fair, why didn't Palin walk out when she was getting the treatment from a witch doctor?Would you? The last person I'd want to offend would be a freakin' WITCH DOCTOR!!!! :eek:

witchdoctor
10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Would you? The last person I'd want to offend would be a freakin' WITCH DOCTOR!!!! :eek:

That's right. Don't mess with me.

Tom
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
ml3LekKHdOc

Greyfox
10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/Ice_House69/banned.jpg

I asked why wasn't 46ZilZal checking in.
The above post was presented and, for all I know is true.
I support any violation of the T.O.S.
If 46Zilzal did that, then I have no complaints.

I do want to say that, eventhough I have opposed 46Zilzal many times,
as the record will show, I think that to lose him to this board is a very serious loss for those of us who truly enjoyed his postings. He is a brilliant contributor.

In this department, his comments are missed!

P.S. I 'm all for Sarah Power!!!

bigmack
10-08-2008, 12:24 AM
The above post was presented and, for all I know is true.
I support any violation of the T.O.S.
Post #43 from Light
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50839&page=3

Sailwolf
10-08-2008, 01:04 AM

She has screwed people other than the"first dude"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/07/ap-palin-stretches-the-tr_n_132775.html

Sailwolf
10-08-2008, 01:12 AM
She has screwed people other than the"first dude"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/07/ap-palin-stretches-the-tr_n_132775.html

Also,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/05/palin-misquotes-albright_n_131967.html

rastajenk
10-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Is there a significant difference between "support" and "help" in this context?

Please tell us you've got more than that. Please tell us something from the Huffington Dumb-as-a-Post that's really worth knowing.

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Also,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/05/palin-misquotes-albright_n_131967.htmlMadeleine Albright. She was one of those damn Democrats who lied us into the Iraq War...back in 1998....BEFORE BUSH!

_1q9Q0OtJ4g

hcap
10-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Oops.......

TrooperGate Investigation: Palin Abused Power

On a 12-0 vote, the Alaska legislative panel investigating Trooper-Gate released the report of its investigator late Friday. Among the findings: Palin abused her power and fired public safety commissioner Walt Monegan in part because he refused to terminate Palin's ex-brother-in-law.

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Oops.......

On a 12-0 vote, the Alaska legislative panel investigating Trooper-Gate released the report of its investigator late Friday. Among the findings: Palin abused her power and fired public safety commissioner Walt Monegan in part because he refused to terminate Palin's ex-brother-in-law.In part? What was the other part?

Tom
10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd say she used her power quite nicely. Forget about the kid that was being abused?

hcap
10-10-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Palin-Troopergate.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday. The politically charged inquiry imperiled her reputation as a reformer on John McCain's Republican ticket.

Investigator Stephen Branchflower, in a report by a bipartisan panel that investigated the matter, found Palin in violation of a state ethics law that prohibits public officials from using their office for personal gain.

.........Branchflower said Palin violated a statute of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act.

hcap
10-10-2008, 09:48 PM
"WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY'S SON SAYS HE IS PRO-OBAMA"....Christopher Buckley explains why he's not writing his endorsement of Barack Obama in his usual column at the back of National Review, the magazine his father founded:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-10/the-conservative-case-for-obama

My colleague, the superb and very dishy Kathleen Parker, recently wrote in National Review Online a column stating what John Cleese as Basil Fawlty would call “the bleeding obvious”: namely, that Sarah Palin is an embarrassment, and a dangerous one at that. She’s not exactly alone. New York Times columnist David Brooks, who began his career at NR, just called Governor Palin “a cancer on the Republican Party.”

As for Kathleen, she has to date received 12,000 (quite literally) foam-at-the-mouth hate-emails. One correspondent, if that’s quite the right word, suggested that Kathleen’s mother should have aborted her and tossed the fetus into a Dumpster. There’s Socratic dialogue for you. Dear Pup once said to me sighfully after a right-winger who fancied himself a WFB protégé had said something transcendently and provocatively cretinous, “You know, I’ve spent my entire life time separating the Right from the kooks.” Well, the dear man did his best. At any rate, I don’t have the kidney at the moment for 12,000 emails saying how good it is he’s no longer alive to see his Judas of a son endorse for the presidency a covert Muslim who pals around with the Weather Underground. So, you’re reading it here first.

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2008, 10:01 PM
THE Kathleen Parker? :lol: (Apologies to AC)

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2008, 10:04 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Palin-Troopergate.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday. The politically charged inquiry imperiled her reputation as a reformer on John McCain's Republican ticket.

Investigator Stephen Branchflower, in a report by a bipartisan panel that investigated the matter, found Palin in violation of a state ethics law that prohibits public officials from using their office for personal gain.

.........Branchflower said Palin violated a statute of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act.So, basically, what you're saying here (or what these people are saying), is that Sarah Palin, as Governor of Alaska, would NEVER have been able to fire this guy, NO MATTER WHAT HE did...

Is this correct? Because that's how it reads. As long as you could tie this guy who was fired to the trooper, and the trooper to Palin's family, then it must be concluded that she could never fire either the guy she fired, or the trooper himself, even if they went around town lopping off the heads of kindly old widows.

Nice. Makes sense to me....:lol:

hcap
10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Not a big deal as far as political bullshit goes. It's not exactly Watergate. Not exactly the scandal of the century. But sure has a hell of lot more relevance than Ayers or Wright, and demonstrates the airheadiness quality of Palin.

Reformer?
Maverick?
Puleease.

Also speaks to how thoroughly the McCain campaign vetted her as VP candidate

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
But sure has a hell of lot more relevance than Ayers or Wright, and demonstrates the airheadiness quality of Palin.Oh, I think not.

I'm sure you'd love to believe this was true, but I can assure you that it isn't.

hcap
10-10-2008, 10:31 PM
THE Kathleen Parker? :lol: (Apologies to AC)
The Christopher Buckley? With apologies to Pop

pandy
10-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I've seen Obama often on the national stage for at least four years...and he participated in tons of presidential debates in the primaries so the people have had plenty of opportunities to evaluate him...he's done the sunday news shows just like other major figures would be expected to...and he even gave o'reilly thorough airtime to grill him on his show...palin on the other hand, can not manage it and it would be the worst embarrassment we'd ever seen if she tried it...a single debate with no follow-up could only expose her so much...she is afraid to be properly vetted on these shows and I'm sure even you know it, Tom.

Obama has made many mistakes and said stupid things in public, but the media just brushed them off. You do recall that he said he's been to 54 states with 4 to go. If Palin had said that, it would be all over the news for months. You are falling for the media trap. Did you see the entire Couric interview, or just the bits that the media wanted you to see? Believe me, if you went over every tv interview that Obama or Biden has done and took out all the times when they stammered or said something stupid or incoherent, there would be plenty of clips to last a lifetime, but the media wouldn't dare show them.

Greyfox
10-11-2008, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=pandy]Obama has made many mistakes and said stupid things in public, but the media just brushed them off. You do recall that he said he's been to 54 states with 4 to go.QUOTE]

Fact. :ThmbUp: And of course there are a lot more facts about the "Mystery Man."
But at midnight who will enter the pumpkin carriage to the...?

JustRalph
10-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Oops.......

On a 12-0 vote, the Alaska legislative panel investigating Trooper-Gate released the report of its investigator late Friday. Among the findings: Palin abused her power and fired public safety commissioner Walt Monegan in part because he refused to terminate Palin's ex-brother-in-law.

nice, the Obama campaign headquarters in Al did the friggin investigation. The Alaskan's polled think she did the right thing. Including the Dem Senator from Alaska.......... the most they can do is fine her....5k....... big friggin deal

Tom
10-11-2008, 10:30 AM

None of that is experience. It is mostly fairy tale telling. Obama has zero experience doing anything, and no amount of media-assisted TV time will ever change that. You don't vet candidate in a liber media with moronic questions. The Gibson and Bimbo interviews prove that they have no substance.

Greyfox
10-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I applaud Palin.
The State Trooper, her ex-brother-in-law, was beating up her sister.
He should have been sacked.

Secretariat
10-11-2008, 12:35 PM
So, basically, what you're saying here (or what these people are saying), is that Sarah Palin, as Governor of Alaska, would NEVER have been able to fire this guy, NO MATTER WHAT HE did...

Is this correct? Because that's how it reads. As long as you could tie this guy who was fired to the trooper, and the trooper to Palin's family, then it must be concluded that she could never fire either the guy she fired, or the trooper himself, even if they went around town lopping off the heads of kindly old widows.

Nice. Makes sense to me....:lol:

Obviously, it appears you have not read the report. The abuse of power they are talking about is her and her husband "pressuring subordinates/ employees" in regards to the firing of Monegan. It was within her power to fire Monegan, it was her actions to pressure those under her command to distort Monegan's record where the abuse of power came into effect.

Let those who are without sin cast the first stones. It appears Sarah has not learned this in her Sunday School classes.

A brief note. I need to pass a compliment to McCain today. He informed one of the nutcases at his rallies that Obama is a good and decent man and not an Arab as she beleived. He also informed the nutcases that Obama would make a fine President. This after we've heard shouted out at such rallies of McCain and Palin about Obama - "Off with his head" , "Kill him", "Bomb him", a "Treason" and such sort of offensive remarks that would fit well within a Limpballs or Hannity context, but have no place in discourse for a Presidential election.

Back to Paline. It will be difficult now for her to criticize Obama on an Ayers connection, when she has been found by her own Republican Senate to have "abused her office". After all, Ayers was never convicted or found guilty of anything. However, McCain has no problem associating publicly with Gordon Liddy, a known felon, who has advised his listeners on how to kill federal agents. McCain also has ties with Keating who has served in prison for his earlier associaitons in the savings and Loan debacle. An association that McCain has at least acknowedged as the lowest point in his life, above that of leaving his first wife after an automobile accident that left her severely injured.

As to Palin, and this thread. It appears she does "get" it", and "got it" big time by her own Republican Senate - a formal admonishment on "abuse of power". Well done Sarah.

But I'll leave on a happier note. I was glad to see the John McCain emerge at that rally yesterday. It gave me hope that he is tiring of the dirty, sleazy Rovian politics of hatred and misinformation.

Secretariat
10-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I applaud Palin.
The State Trooper, her ex-brother-in-law, was beating up her sister.
He should have been sacked.

Get your info correct. This investigation was about the guy who wwas sacked because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother in law and Palin's abuse of power in pressuring subordinates to become a party to that.

Greyfox
10-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Get your info correct. This investigation was about the guy who wwas sacked because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother in law and Palin's abuse of power in pressuring subordinates to become a party to that.

Your point being? I have my facts straight.
An order was given by a "superior" that wasn't followed out.
When employees don't do what their superiors tell them to, then they run the risk of being put on the carpet. At least they did wherever I worked.
The trooper was beating his wife. His boss was given proof of that by Palin.
He should have fired the trooper for conduct unbecoming of a State Trooper.
When he didn't fire the trooper, she fired him. Perhaps she should have suspended him without pay for not following a directive. But I agree with Palin.

Secretariat
10-11-2008, 12:57 PM
When employees don't do what their superiors tell them to, then they run the risk of being put on the carpet. At least they did wherever I worked.
When he didn't fire the trooper, she fired him. Perhaps she should have suspended him without pay for not following a directive. But I agree with Palin.

You need to read the report. According to Monegan, you're getting "facts" as Palin seens them, NOT as the Monegan claims or the investigative report claims.

She's not a godfather that can pressure subordinates to do anything she likes. That works well in the Mafia, but not in a system that requires accountability.

ddog
10-11-2008, 01:03 PM

that is not how the beating your wife is to be handled.
there are civil and criminal procedures for that.
giving someone proof is not the way to handle it.

And if her hubby was running around trying to influence same then that was not right either.

things need to be handled through the channels set up for them.

Greyfox
10-11-2008, 01:16 PM
There must be a lot of public servants on this board or people protected by unions.
In "real life" you do what your boss says, or look for another job.

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2008, 01:26 AM
This after we've heard shouted out at such rallies of McCain and Palin about Obama - "Off with his head" , "Kill him", "Bomb him", a "Treason" and such sort of offensive remarks that would fit well within a Limpballs or Hannity context, but have no place in discourse for a Presidential election.Well, the time has finally come. You have officially morphed into a caricature of yourself. Well done!

It will be difficult now for her to criticize Obama on an Ayers connection, when she has been found by her own Republican Senate to have "abused her office". After all, Ayers was never convicted or found guilty of anything.Wow. Only a few sentences later, and already, YOU'VE OUTDONE YOURSELF! Way to go fella!

Both you and Obama disgust me with the way you brush off the actions of this domestic terrorist, actually justifying his confessed crimes with the fact that he didn't kill anyone and/or it happened many years ago.

Once again, CHARACTER counts, and apparently you and Obama are both equally lacking in such.

bettheoverlay
10-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I can't grasp the significance of the Ayres thing. Here's the Wikepedia entry for Ayres

Ayers worked with Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley in shaping the city's school reform program,[36]and was one of three co-authors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge grant proposal that in 1995 won $49.2 million over five years for public school reform.[37] In 1997 Chicago awarded him its Citizen of the Year award for his work on the project.[38] Since 1999 he has served on the board of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago, an anti-poverty, philanthropic foundation established as the Woods Charitable Fund in 1941.

The Mayor, just about every Chicago politician, and many Illinois politicians, both Republican and Democrat, who have something to do with education, have "palled" around with Ayers at one time or another. The Annenbergs are extremely wealthy Republicans.

pandy
10-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Uh, you kinda left out a few things about his bio in Wikipedia, such as -
What don't you get?

Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days.

Secretariat
10-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Well, the time has finally come. You have officially morphed into a caricature of yourself. Well done!

Wow. Only a few sentences later, and already, YOU'VE OUTDONE YOURSELF! Way to go fella!

Both you and Obama disgust me with the way you brush off the actions of this domestic terrorist, actually justifying his confessed crimes with the fact that he didn't kill anyone and/or it happened many years ago.

Once again, CHARACTER counts, and apparently you and Obama are both equally lacking in such.

What faux outrage. You seem so concerned with the actions of an "alleged" domestic terrorist, rather than an "actual" convicted felon who has advocated killing federal agents.

"In 1998, Liddy's home was the site of a McCain fundraiser. Over the years, he has made at least four contributions totaling $5,000 to the senator's campaigns—including $1,000 this year.

Last November, McCain went on his radio show. Liddy greeted him as "an old friend," and McCain sounded like one. "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

Which principles would those be? The ones that told Liddy it was fine to break into the office of the Democratic National Committee to plant bugs and photograph documents? The ones that made him propose to kidnap anti-war activists so they couldn't disrupt the 1972 Republican National Convention? The ones that inspired him to plan the murder of a newspaper columnist?

Or perhaps these sentiments:

"If the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms insists upon a firefight, give them a firefight. Just remember, they're wearing flak jackets and you're better off shooting for the head."

Or perhaps his admiration for the greatest terrorist in history:

"When he[I] listened to Hitler on the radio, it "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before," he explains. "Hitler's sheer animal confidence and power of will [entranced me]. He sent an electric current through my body."

While Ayers has never been convicted of anything and gone on to lead an exemplary life, Liddy has fomented hate and dissent since his felony convictions.

The red meat of hate. That appears to be all you've got. Guilt by Association with an 8 year old boy. Quite, quite sad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/05/g-gordon-liddy-john-mccai_n_100134.html

lsbets
10-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Alleged? Elections tend to bring out the total moron in you Sec, and today you're showing off. But, passing off Ayers as an alleged terrorist and defending a man who tasered a 10 year old are good for your cause, so you're more than willing to do it. Amazing.

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Why any partiotic American would ever defend a terrorist or even an alleged terrorist is beyond me . It Stinks !!!

bettheoverlay
10-12-2008, 11:33 AM
What don't you get?

[/I]

I don't get how independently minded voters are going to be impressed by this issue. Its ancient history for most, and given Ayres decades of involvement in Chicago political life without espousing terrorism, and the fact that Obama was a kid at the time, seems like a real tough sell. Certainly, die-hard partisans addicted to demonizing Obama are outraged, but they would vote for McCain anyway. If Ayres had morphed into a right wing Republican in his old age ala Eldridge Clever his past would be forgiven quickly.

Here's some of Obama "palling around" with conservative Republicans as recounted by Hyde Park neighbor Richard Stern

Ayers is one of numerous people, in the Chicago area, whom Barack Obama has run across. Obama has much closer relationships with numerous conservatives on the University of Chicago faculty, many of whom have given money to
Obama's campaign, and many of whom have talked to him at length and been at social occasions with him.

I know for a fact that Obama has actually played basketball with Richard Epstein, a libertarian on the law school faculty who has written some pretty controversial things on property rights and government regulation. I also know that Obama has had a number of conversations with former law school dean Daniel Fischel, a Reagan Republican who has written some pretty controversial things on corporations and government regulation.

JustRalph
10-12-2008, 12:13 PM
G Gordon was acting on the orders of his superiors........and fighting against the Dems................. absolution..........is automatic :lol:

Those comments about shooting federal agents were made in the context of defending ones castle from a "rogue" government out of control. No problem. None at all. The 2nd Amendment was put in the constitution for this purpose..................

What the hell is the difference between Ayres and Osama Bin Laden? Nothing. They both bombed the Pentagon.............. and Ayres helped Obama start his political career.............. and advised him personally until recently.............as in "recently" since he started running for president...........

Secretariat
10-12-2008, 02:24 PM
“G Gordon was acting on the orders of his superiors........and fighting against the Dems................. absolution..........is automatic “ - Just Ralph

This was the excuse Nazi guards made at Nuremburg (also Bin Laden's minions). Liddy broke the law and paid the price. Btw…Liddy was not acting on orders of his superiors when he advocated killing federal agents on his talk show.

“Alleged? Elections tend to bring out the total moron in you Sec, and today you're showing off. But, passing off Ayers as an alleged terrorist and defending a man who tasered a 10 year old are good for your cause, so you're more than willing to do it. Amazing.” ” – Isbets

Let me help you. Definition (Mirriam Webster Dictionary)- Alleged – “accused but not proven or convicted“.

In this country one is innocent unless proven guilty.

Can you find one conviction of Ayres as a terrorist? No, of course you can’t. Add to this Obama was 8 at the time of the weatherunderground, and I’m afraid you’re going to have to look in the mirror to find the moron. What a joke.

Please keep this absurd stuff up. It is playing well for Democrats in the public arena.

ddog
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM
G Gordon was acting on the orders of his superiors........and fighting against the Dems................. absolution..........is automatic :lol:

Those comments about shooting federal agents were made in the context of defending ones castle from a "rogue" government out of control. No problem. None at all. The 2nd Amendment was put in the constitution for this purpose..................

What the hell is the difference between Ayres and Osama Bin Laden? Nothing. They both bombed the Pentagon.............. and Ayres helped Obama start his political career.............. and advised him personally until recently.............as in "recently" since he started running for president...........

so, if the "superiors"(you really do have a thing for group think and submission) gave Gordo the order to invade your home/office under trumped up charges that you were a Dim operative in disguise, you would be within your rights to blow him away?

or would each of us need to decide what constitutes a rogue gvt and thus gain absolution?

have I got it about right there ???

crack up ain't the half of it.

lsbets
Hey Sec, how about admitted?

So as long as it helps Obama, you are okay with terrorism and the tasering of children. Nice.

JustRalph
“G Gordon was acting on the orders of his superiors........and fighting against the Dems................. absolution..........is automatic “ - Just Ralph

Funny how you left the LOL off of my quote.................. it was a joke numb nuts.........

Ayres admits bombing several locations and masterminding all kinds of other stuff..........and proclaims he wishes he had done more...........what part of that don't you get?

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2008, 02:51 AM
While Ayers has never been convicted of anything and gone on to lead an exemplary life, Liddy has fomented hate and dissent since his felony convictions.

The red meat of hate. That appears to be all you've got. Guilt by Association with an 8 year old boy. Quite, quite sad.8 year old boy...keep justifying the terrorist...but then again, that's all you far-left fanatics do....justify terrorists...that's basically your credo.

Liddy paid his debt to society and served his time. That's more than I can say for Ayers.

To compare the two is a reach at best, and disgusting at worst.

Tom
10-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Disgusting at best.

Funny, "red meat of hate" is a phrase I have heard several times lately.

What is Sara...the "other white meat?" :rolleyes::lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2008, 06:24 PM
The Republicans need a well oiled money machine like Soros to distribute the daily talking points far and wide, so that we too can come up with cool phrases like "Red Meat of Hate," and then try and pass it off as our own unique thought.

Bubba X
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
It is interesting to contrast the current GOP Morality with that of 2000, when the prevailing GOP Morality was much more in line with traditional Christian Conservative Values.

With respect to Sarah Palin, I do suppose the new GOP Morality Test is a bit softer. It has to be when:

-Your husband is convicted of a DUI
-Your husband is a member of a secessionist group
-Your daughter gets preggo at age 16
-Your daughters baby daddy refers to himself as a ****'in redneck.

The GOP Morality Test for 2008 is simply to be against abortion.

Yes, that is just one thing. Perfect for Sarah to be able to remember.

Tom
10-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Boy, throw out them lies and hope one sticks. Sec tutoring you?

DUI....what' your point? Look that the fathead bastard Ted Kennedy - the lush of the land, an embarrassment to the senate for decade. Along with most his sauce-head druggie family. Next!

Sesessionist group - check your facts - incorrect. Next!

Preggors at 16...but unlike libs, she didn't suck it's arms and legs and head off from it's body with a vacuum cleaner, or pull it out of the womb and kill it, like Obama favors. Infanticide, that is Barack HUSSEIN. Fitting - what is his stance on beheading babies? Next!

*** rednecks rule. Better than being a traitor lib. Next!

You are scared to death of Sara.......:lol::lol:

HUSKER55
10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Who did Obama payoff so he didn't get arrested for snorting coke.

its in his book

It was Sarah husband and not Sarah herself. Get your facts straight

Michele obama is not proud to be an American

What standard are you holding her to?

Oh, and least we forget GOD DAMN AMERICA

But you forgive him that because ?????

I forgot,..HE WENT TO HARVARD WHERE THEY SERVE BULLSHIT SANDWICHES AND CALL IT A DELICACY

Bubba X
10-14-2008, 10:43 AM
In other "Sarah Gets It" news, apparently she got warned by people of her own staff to "cease and desist" the abuse of her power she was exercising in the Troopergate scandal.

More than her lack of judgement and, potentially, illegal actions, I'm more shocked and dismayed that she could not get this firing done without taking the actions she did which put her in position to be accused of just what she did which is abusing her authority as Alaska's chief executive.

Palin is, without a doubt, the least qualified VP candidate ever. Can't get a simple thing done.

Tom
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM
And just what has Obama ever accomplished? You know, the do-nothing on TOP of his ticket. Answer: Absolutely nuthin'...

She fired a moron who tasered a kid. OBama got jiggy with an unrepentant terrorist, and a racist agitator who was his spiritual adviser.

Man, you are shallow.

pandy
10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
In other "Sarah Gets It" news, apparently she got warned by people of her own staff to "cease and desist" the abuse of her power she was exercising in the Troopergate scandal.

More than her lack of judgement and, potentially, illegal actions, I'm more shocked and dismayed that she could not get this firing done without taking the actions she did which put her in position to be accused of just what she did which is abusing her authority as Alaska's chief executive.

Palin is, without a doubt, the least qualified VP candidate ever. Can't get a simple thing done.

I agree that her qualifications are questionable, but she's still more qualified to be VP than Obama is to be President.

Bubba X
10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
So you think a guy running for president who comes from Chicago isn't going to have some "associations" questioned? That's not shallow. That's naive.

There are not many black church preachers who are not controversial to some extent. And, yes, a lot of people do indeed believe God has Damned America for its actions around the world. Now I assume you think that makes those people unpatriotic. That's naive. Protesting government actions is exactly what make people patriotic.

Really now. Obama has Ayers and Wright. McCain has Keating and Liddy. What exactly is the difference?

ACORN has some voter registration issues. Then again, McCain's party fired U.S. Attornies in Nevada and Missouri for NOT FILING PHONY CHARGES against ACORN in those states. Again, what's the difference?

You can package it any way you like, but to think and say Obama's associations are worse than McCain's is just partisan naivety.

If you opened one eye, you would probably be king in the land you reside.

Tom
10-14-2008, 11:26 AM
So you lower the bar for Obama? He is nothing more than an Affirmative Action Candidate.....there for his color, not his abilities?

I agree 100%. Thank you for clearing that up.

Bubba X
10-14-2008, 11:40 AM
You're welcome. They are all basically rats. Who's lowering any bars? Just choose the less offensive rat, that's all. Again, you are welcome. Glad to help out.

ddog
10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
The Republicans need a well oiled money machine like Soros to distribute the daily talking points far and wide, so that we too can come up with cool phrases like "Red Meat of Hate," and then try and pass it off as our own unique thought.

pa, it's so sad to see you dissolve into self-pity. :)

You HONESTLY don't think there are well-oiled money machines behind Pugs as well as Dims.
Now maybe those machines are not as media savvy, so you want affirmitive action for them, maybe the DIMS should be forced to contribute slogans to them.?

OR, maybe the pug machines are more media savvy in that you don't see them??

COme on.

otoh

I am going to chalk up your whole post here to just a case of incite to post-eye-tis.

:(

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
pa, it's so sad to see you dissolve into self-pity. :) No self pity....just talking points envy, that's all.

delayjf
10-14-2008, 04:21 PM
You HONESTLY don't think there are well-oiled money machines behind Pugs as well as Dims.
Apparently not as well oiled as the Demwits - last I saw, Obama was out spending McCain 3-1.

Imho, If the economy had not tanked when it did, Obama would be losing in the polls. But like I said earlier, the polls have been wrong with regards to OBama before, so we shall see.

ddog
10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Apparently not as well oiled as the Demwits - last I saw, Obama was out spending McCain 3-1.

Imho, If the economy had not tanked when it did, Obama would be losing in the polls. But like I said earlier, the polls have been wrong with regards to OBama before, so we shall see.

Well. that's his god given right or used to be before that foolish campaign finance reform junk passed.

You want to spend more, then unlike our dear feds , RAISE THE MONEY BABY!

Mac wouldn't have two nickels to rub together if he hadn't taken the fed money.
besides, he couldn't very well run out from under the very system he pushed in the first place!

Talk about unintended results!

Rookies
10-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Bush Strategist: McCain Knows He Put Country At Risk With Palin Pick (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/14/bush-strategist-mccain-kn_n_134570.html)

October 14, 2008 01:18 PM

Matthew Dowd, a prominent political consultant and chief strategist for George W. Bush's reelection campaign eviscerated John McCain on Tuesday for his choice of Sarah Palin as vice president.

Dowd proclaimed that, in his heart of hearts, McCain knew he put the country at risk with his VP choice and that he would "have to live" with that fact for the rest of his career.

"They didn't let John McCain pick the person he wanted to pick as VP," Dowd declared during the Time Warner Summit panel. "When Sarah Palin got picked instead of Joe Lieberman, which I fundamentally believed would have given John McCain the best opportunity in this race... as soon as he picked Palin, that whole ready versus not ready argument was not credible."

Saying that Palin was a "net negative" on the ticket, he went on: "[McCain] knows, in his gut, that he put somebody unqualified on the ballot. He knows that in his gut, and when this race is over that is something he will have to live with... He put somebody unqualified on that ballot and he put the country at risk, he knows that."

The other panelists were surprised, a bit, by Dowd's bluntness. Not least because McCain's well-known campaign motto is "country first."

"No, I don't agree," said Mark McKinnon, a former McCain aide, after chiding Dowd for claiming particular insight into McCain's soul.

"Well," responded Dowd, "that's even more disturbing than my thought" -- the implication being that it would be truly frightening if McCain didn't know how bad Palin truly was.

Time columnist Joe Klein summed up what seemed to be the panel's Palin consensus.

"It was a gimmick," he said of the pick. "It was one of the most disastrous decisions I have seen in a presidential campaign since I've begun covering them."

Later in the session, Hilary Rosen, the Huffington Post's Washington editor at large, noted that the Palin pick had been successful in energizing the Republican base -- and McCain himself. But Dowd wasn't biting.

"To me it is like Halloween," he said. "You get energized by eating all that candy at night but then you feel sick the next day."

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2008, 08:09 PM
The sexism displayed by the left (and obviously certain folks on the right) is astounding.

The tale of the tape clearly shows that if Obama is somehow qualified to be President, then by DEFAULT, this means, with 100% certainty, Sarah Palin is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT qualified to be VICE PRESIDENT.

To state otherwise means you are either ignorant, sexist, or both.

And while you're at it, please point out to me in the Constitution where it lists the minimum qualifications to be vice president...the founding fathers surely believed that a sitting GOVERNOR of one of our fine 50 states is eminently qualified to be vice president, don't you think?

There is no defense to the other side of this argument. None. Period. End of story.

bigmack
10-14-2008, 08:23 PM
[b]huffingtonpost.com
http://www.bestfriendequine.com/images/feedbag.jpg

Eat all the way down now to get your fill.

Op Eds on The Huffington Post :lol:

It would be faster to shoot it in your wanting veins than to actually search for opinions you already harbor. Give thought to getting your own thoughts.

Rookies
10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Give thought to getting your own thoughts.

That wasn't me. It WAS a Bush chief strategist.

Uhhhhh... I did say some things before on Palin.

Your response- immediately thereunder-was the following:

WONDERFUL

Thanks again..

hcap
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/republican-leaders-break-ranks--with-mccain-959301.html

"Senior members of the Republican party are in open mutiny against John McCain's presidential campaign, after a disastrous period which has seen Barack Obama solidify his lead in the opinion polls.

And as disputes raged within the McCain camp yesterday, Democrats took another symbolic step towards healing the party after their bitter primary battles, as Bill and Hillary Clinton made their first joint appearance in support of Mr Obama.

From inside and outside his inner circle, Mr McCain is being told to settle on a coherent economic message and to tone down attacks on his rival which have sometimes whipped up a mob-like atmosphere at Republican rallies.

Two former rivals for the party nomination, Mitt Romney and Tommy Thompson, went on the record over the weekend about the disarray in the Republican camp. And a string of other senior party figures said Mr McCain's erratic performance risks taking the party down to heavy losses not just in the presidential race but also in contests for Congressional seats. Mr Thompson, a former governor of the swing state of Wisconsin, said he thought Mr McCain, on his present trajectory, would lose the state, and he told a New York Times reporter he was not happy with the campaign. “I don't know who is,” he added.

bettheoverlay
10-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Sarah Palin is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT qualified to be VICE PRESIDENT.

To state otherwise means you are either ignorant, sexist, or both.

.the founding fathers surely believed that a sitting GOVERNOR of one of our fine 50 states is eminently qualified to be vice president, don't you think?

It seems the objection among non-partisans isn't that Palin is a woman but rather that it is she who is ignorant, or to put it more charitably, intellectually challenged. The guys at my work, few of whom are politically committed to any side, liked Palin at first, and now find her an object of humorous scorn.

As for the Founding Fathers, men of the Enlightenent, able to engage in political discourse at the highest level, I'm fairly confident, would be appalled by Palin

hcap
10-14-2008, 09:56 PM
8 year old boy...keep justifying the terrorist...but then again, that's all you far-left fanatics do....justify terrorists...that's basically your credo.

Liddy paid his debt to society and served his time. That's more than I can say for Ayers.

To compare the two is a reach at best, and disgusting at worst.
Duh!,

McCain is palling around with a terrorist supporter in his own campaign.

"William Timmons, the Washington lobbyist who John McCain has named to head his presidential transition team, aided an influence effort on behalf of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein to ease international sanctions against his regime."

Acorn pales by comparison. Wasn't part of the justification for invading Iraq, remind me if I am wrong, having something to with removing the dictator? Regime change?

All you armchair military strategists?
Which is worse? Tenous connections to Acorn by Obama, or helping what youse guys repeatedly called the next Hitler?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/14/mccain-transition-chief-a_n_134595.html

William Timmons, the Washington lobbyist who John McCain has named to head his presidential transition team, aided an influence effort on behalf of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein to ease international sanctions against his regime.

The two lobbyists who Timmons worked closely with over a five year period on the lobbying campaign later either pleaded guilty to or were convicted of federal criminal charges that they had acted as unregistered agents of Saddam Hussein's government.

During the same period beginning in 1992, Timmons worked closely with the two lobbyists, Samir Vincent and Tongsun Park, on a previously unreported prospective deal with the Iraqis in which they hoped to be awarded a contract to purchase and resell Iraqi oil. Timmons, Vincent, and Park stood to share at least $45 million if the business deal went through.

Timmons' activities occurred in the years following the first Gulf War, when Washington considered Iraq to be a rogue enemy state and a sponsor of terrorism. His dealings on behalf of the deceased Iraqi leader stand in stark contrast to the views his current employer held at the time.

John McCain strongly supported the 1991 military action against Iraq, and as recently as Sunday described Saddam Hussein as a one-time menace to the region who had "stated categorically that he would acquire weapons of mass destruction, and he would use them wherever he could."

Timmons declined to comment for this story

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2008, 10:21 PM
The guys at my work, few of whom are politically committed to any side, liked Palin at first, and now find her an object of humorous scorn. Oh yes, humorous scorn. She was supposed to roll over and die in her debate with Biden, she is SUCH a DUUUUMMMMMBBBBB chick...if only she were a blonde...

This whole "humorous" scorn is the tale wagging the dog.

If Obama is qualified to be President, then Palin is 100% qualified to be Vice President. Without a doubt. Case closed.

Secretariat
10-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Sarah "gets it" alright. To the tune fo 150,000 dollars for threads. So much for the 240 dollar John Edwards haircuts. Whew.. So much for the "Reformer." I knew McSame had 7 houses, and Cindy McSame wore a 300 K outfit at the Repub convention, but they at least spent their own money. 150K for threads? No wonder people see the Republican Party as "out of touch" and the party of the rich. You need 150K in clothes just to run. Ridiculous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081022/pl_politico/14840#full

"GOP donors critical of Palin's pricey threads

The Republican National Committee’s $150,000 investment in Sarah Palin’s wardrobe has prompted some teeth gnashing among the party’s big donors about its political sensibility and a feisty debate among campaign finance specialists about its legality.

“As a Republican Eagle and a maxed-out contributor to McCain’s general campaign, I’d like my money back – he can still have my vote,” complained one irate donor on Tuesday.

“I’m not one who says a candidate shouldn’t wear fine clothes,” he added. “I’d just like to think they were successful enough in the private sector to have afforded their wardrobe with their own money, not the party’s or the campaign’s, which is really our money as contributors.”

pandy
10-23-2008, 07:24 AM
This whole story on her wardrobe is absurd. Obama's campaign is going to break every record for spending in history and he lied about taking public money.

Tom
10-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Sec, how low can you go?
You think that crap is worth talking about?

Sec, can you spell irrelevant?
Can you explain to me why this is important at all? Other than it was in your daily "What I think Today" email? :D

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Oh yes, humorous scorn. She was supposed to roll over and die in her debate with Biden, she is SUCH a DUUUUMMMMMBBBBB chick...if only she were a blonde...

This whole "humorous" scorn is the tale wagging the dog.

If Obama is qualified to be President, then Palin is 100% qualified to be Vice President. Without a doubt. Case closed.

Colin Powell must not have gotten the memo?

Tom
10-23-2008, 10:05 AM
He got the memo about his payoff for the endorsement. Can you spell sell out?

Powell is a sell out.

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 10:51 AM
He got the memo about his payoff for the endorsement. Can you spell sell out?

Powell is a sell out.

Really? Who'd he sell out to? What did he get? Can't it just be that he is simply doing what he believes is the correct thing?

that's four (4) questions, just in case you don't generally count past three.

Tom
10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
1. Yes.
2. Those troops who have been condemned by his new "buds" and, like I posted yesterday, if your reading and/or retention skills were turned on, the republicans - Reagan, Bush and Bush, who were responsible for his advancement to 4 star general and JCS and finally a cabinet post.
3. A promise of some socially perk-full position by Obama.
4. Possibly, but you will never convince me that the only thing he considered was getting back "in" for his social life.
5. (Note, all the way to 5!) I don't usually go past 2 with libs because it confuses them. See?

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 11:13 AM
You're going to really hate the next 4-8 years.

Aside from attaching false labels to independents who support a candidate you loathe, what will you do to get through it?

Tom
10-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Prove me wrong.

Greyfox
10-23-2008, 12:00 PM
You're going to really hate the next 4-8 years.

Aside from attaching false labels to independents who support a candidate you loathe, what will you do to get through it?

You may have hit the nail on the head here Bubba.
The problem is that we're probably all going to hate the next 4-8 years.
The fact of the matter is the elephant in the kitchen.
The National Debt and the National Deficit are too huge to ignore anymore.
Both McCain and Obama have addressed the economy, but not the debt.
From where I sit government spending cuts should be the number one priority. I see both of these people paying lip service to going through the budget line by line, but I don't pick up anything that resonates with sincerity.
From where I sit, Obama has made so many promises that in order to follow through on them, the government will have to continue to print more and more money. Consider buying shares in "ink" as we might run out of that before oil.
That attitude is not what America needs at this time.
Palin is the only one of the four who approaches "conservative values."
If Obama gets in, we're screwed and that includes you and me Bubba.

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Prove me wrong.So, you will get through the seemingly likely Obama years by proving yourself wrong?

Ok, got it. What will you do after the first week or so?

Tom
10-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Bubba, baby, they teach reading in night school.
You seem to have trouble comprehending posts.

delayjf
10-23-2008, 01:16 PM
As for the Founding Fathers, men of the Enlightenent, able to engage in political discourse at the highest level, I'm fairly confident, would be appalled by Palin
That's the problem with the left, they have always been so enthralled with eligant speaking, that they confuse eligant speaking with leadership. they are not the same thing. Intellect is only one aspect of leadership, but to liberals they equate a Harvard education with leadership. Sarah Palin has been a leader she has made decisions that have been implimented.

Obama has never been in charge of anything, he has not been in a leadership position. Given his education, he's more qualified to be a judge than the President of the United States.

boxcar
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
That's the problem with the left, they have always been so enthralled with eligant speaking, that they confuse eligant speaking with leadership.

And more than this: The shallow thinking libs equate elegant speech with real intelligence. Virtually anyone can speak eloquently from a script -- as long as they're minimally literate.

Boxcar

Tom
10-23-2008, 02:23 PM
So Obama is minimally literate? :lol:

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Bubba, baby, they teach reading in night school.
You seem to have trouble comprehending posts.

Really, how would you describe the trouble?

A few days ago, you called me a "lightweight." Since then you have, with some regularity, interrupted your amaranthine mislabeling of every Democrat voter as, at best, intellectually challenged in order to reply to most of my thoughts with your not-so-subtle, unclever insults.

This creates a rather curious conundrum. Should I be:
A) Angered
2) Amused
III) Annoyed?

You are going awfully far out of your way to "deal" with a lightweight.

You may well be my all-time favorite poster. Then again, you may well go onto my ignore list. It's not an easy decision.

Tom
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
So am I an a enigma or a conundrum?:confused:

I have to know before I order my new monogrammed sweaters.

Secretariat
10-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Sec, how low can you go?
You think that crap is worth talking about?

Sec, can you spell irrelevant?
Can you explain to me why this is important at all? Other than it was in your daily "What I think Today" email? :D

Now let's see. Palin. I'm a Walmart shopper and hockey mom who happens to have a 150K wardrobe!

"I'm gonna clean up pork spending in DC" as I wear my 150 K wardrobe. "I'm a reformer" although I've abused my power in Alaska in my 150K wardrobe.

I find it humorous Tom that you find Palin's 150K wardobe irrelevant, but went nuts on posts about John Edwards 250 dollar haircut in 2004. In other words what's irrelevant to you is when a Republican spends an exorbitant amount of money, that's irrelvant, but when a Dem spends a fraction of that, it's relevant. You're transparent here. Have the guts to at least acknowledge it as the GOP contributor did in the article.

Here's some more stuff on McSame's advisor's gaffes on Virginia.

"When McCain senior adviser Nancy Pfotenhauer divided Virginia into the DC suburbs and "real Virginia," Kristi Lauren Glakas felt extremely disappointed. Glakas, a recent three-time Miss Virginia title holder and whip-smart University of Virginia scholarship honor student, said the comments were divisive.

"What offended me and made me sad about those comments," said Glakas, a resident for many years in northern Virginia, "is that I've been to every county, every part of this state. What's best about Virginia is its diversity. The people, the geography. We have every class, every race, an amazing immigrant population... Virginia is the birthplace of America. To say that part of Virginia is not part of the real America is just offensive."

The witty Glakas had the line of the day. Saying she was doing her level best to push back against the stereotypes set by other former pageant contestants Miss Teen South Carolina and Miss Alaska entrant Sarah Palin (formerly Sarah Heath), she pointed out that Palin's hiding from the press was a giant turnoff and gave beauty queens a bad name.

"Even I've been interviewed by Chris Matthews."

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 04:34 PM
You should probably pray. Perhaps the answer will come.:jump:

Tom
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Good idea, Bubba....Sec should try prayer. :p

Rookies
10-23-2008, 07:30 PM
If the Republican Party ( errr... the taxpayer) wishes to blow 150 large on Lady Pale Ale's duds... hey...fill your boots. This is a non issue, especially if all the Walmart, Joe- the- Apprentice, necks love her in those reds !

Way more disturbing was her misstep on this one: "We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation. "

I printed the entire quote so the usual vitriolic suspects couldn't suggest I was taking it out of context. If this was Obama who divided up America between the " Real/ Pro-America Americans " and those traitors that were opposed to him, he would have been excoriated endlessly here.

Sorry, as he normally is... day after day after day...

But keep it up Lady Sarah ! With comments like that to piss off the undecideds, in 11 more days you may have added a couple more red states to the blue sunami !

wonatthewire1
10-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Now let's see. Palin. I'm a Walmart shopper and hockey mom who happens to have a 150K wardrobe!

"I'm gonna clean up pork spending in DC" as I wear my 150 K wardrobe. "I'm a reformer" although I've abused my power in Alaska in my 150K wardrobe.

I find it humorous Tom that you find Palin's 150K wardobe irrelevant, but went nuts on posts about John Edwards 250 dollar haircut in 2004.

$150K?

You'd think she'd look better!

:faint:

JustRalph
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
$150K?

You'd think she'd look better!

:faint:

I don't know, Alec Baldwin and Lorne Michaels liked what they saw............

wonatthewire1
10-23-2008, 08:15 PM

Not my type....for some reason her chin & neck are a total turn off to me

Hey, can either of those guys see their feet when they are standing?

:)

That might answer your statement

;)

Rookies
10-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Worse than Palin's wardrobe is this...

McCain's 'Idol' Make-Up Artist Stays on the Books

By Mary Ann Akers
Remember last month when Republican presidential nominee John McCain got made up (http://www.usmagazine.com/news/john-mccain-uses-american-idol-makeup-artist) by the American Idol make-up artist?

Well, it wasn't a one-shot deal. The make-up artist to the wannabe-stars is getting paid beaucoup bucks to make McCain, 72, more telegenic.

Tifanie White, who reportedly has done makeup for the shows "So You Think You Can Dance" and "American Idol," was paid a total of $8,672.55 in September by the McCain-Palin campaign, according to the campaign's latest monthly financial report filed this week with the Federal Election Commission. She was paid $5,583.43 the previous month, records show."

WTF ???? I'm in the wrong job !!:D

Secretariat
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
whew...this campaign is very poorly run. The selection of Palin allowed Obama to get back into this, but man, they keep making gaffe after gaffe.

I still am not sure who is going to win poll or no poll, but this time Rove must be sitting on the sidelines.

McCain's campaign strategy lately looks like the Cincy Bengals record.

Boris
10-23-2008, 10:29 PM
When you guys are done slamming the Rep VP nominee, see if you can find which corn field the Dems buried their racist VP nominee until election day.

Bubba X
10-23-2008, 10:34 PM
When you guys are done slamming the Rep VP nominee, see if you can find which corn field the Dems buried their racist VP nominee until election day.
I thought LBJ was buried in Texas. You sound bitter.

Boris
10-23-2008, 10:46 PM
I thought LBJ was buried in Texas. You sound bitter.

Genius BX. You'll slap around the lady, but you won't even look at the racist you're putting only a heartbeat away from being president. Seriously, when does Biden get out of time out?

Tom
10-23-2008, 11:54 PM

.....each other! :eek:

NJ Stinks
10-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Genius BX. You'll slap around the lady, but you won't even look at the racist you're putting only a heartbeat away from being president. Seriously, when does Biden get out of time out?

Joe was on CNN live this morning for about 15 minutes at a North Carolina rally. If he was hiding, he did it on national TV.

Here's a question for McCain fans everywhere. When is he coming to New Jersey? :lol:

(You got to figure real Americans don't live in Jersey so Sarah won't set foot here. Sometimes even I have to remind myself - where would this country be without Alaska? :lol: )

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
My rankings of the four:
1. Obama
2. Palin
3. McCain
3 (tie). Biden
So, what the heck should I do?

Sorry, I can't get behind McCain. 72 yo, 4x cancer, sold out (imo) after 2000 when he realized the only way he could become Prez was to get behind Bush. I loved the guy in 2000. Now, he's a shadow of what he was, imo.

I would have voted for Hagel with no hesitation. I probably would have voted for Romney. This guy? No.

Biden needs to stay out of view, at least as much as possible.

cj
10-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I thought the interview with her on Hannity and Colmes last night was great. It made it so obvious how ridiculous some of this stuff is the libs dig up.

I'm really not sure how anyone could not like her when you compare her to your typical politician on either side. She is more like the majority of this board than any other presidential or vice presidential candidate will be in my lifetime.

cj
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Joe was on CNN live this morning for about 15 minutes at a North Carolina rally. If he was hiding, he did it on national TV.

Here's a question for McCain fans everywhere. When is he coming to New Jersey? :lol:

(You got to figure real Americans don't live in Jersey so Sarah won't set foot here. Sometimes even I have to remind myself - where would this country be without Alaska? :lol: )

One thing Sarah won't have to worry about in New Jersey is the ex-governor hitting on her.

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I thought the interview with her on Hannity and Colmes last night was great. It made it so obvious how ridiculous some of this stuff is the libs dig up.

I'm really not sure how anyone could not like her when you compare her to your typical politician on either side. She is more like the majority of this board than any other presidential or vice presidential candidate will be in my lifetime.
Yes, I saw that interview. It was great. It reminded me of the conversation we had with our daughter when she didn't get enough votes to be homecoming queen.

cj
10-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes, I saw that interview. It was great. It reminded me of the conversation we had with our daughter when she didn't get enough votes to be homecoming queen.

They didn't talk about genetics.

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 10:56 AM
They didn't talk about genetics.
No, no they did not.

they talked about the same, played out talking points that appeal to an astonishingly narrower and narrower slice of the GOP faithful.

A genetic overview would have been far more insightful.

cj
10-24-2008, 11:57 AM
No, no they did not.

they talked about the same, played out talking points that appeal to an astonishingly narrower and narrower slice of the GOP faithful.

A genetic overview would have been far more insightful.

So that is what you talked about when your daughter didn't get enough votes to be homecoming queen? I'm trying to find the connection.

Light
10-24-2008, 12:24 PM
While Palin's $150k wardrobe may seem blown out of proportion,it is noteworthy. That comes to a little over $2200 a day for clothing and makeup since her inception as VP nominee! Talk about high maintenance. Can't this chick wear some of her outfits again for once. What hockey mom has that kind of a clothing allowance? I don't think that makes her "your typical hockey mom".

And she loves reffering to "Joe the plumber".He may have some resentment after finding out her clothing allowance is worth more than his house.I dont say this because I'm an Obama supporter. I'm not a McCain supporter either. But if you want to portray yourself helping the "little guy",it's counterproductive to say you're going to get rid of wall street greed and corruption where many have went to jail for illegally doing what she is doing. Just because its legal for her to do it doesn't make Joe the Plumber types feel she is one of them. It tarnishes her image and turns people off.

Marshall Bennett
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
While Palin's $150k wardrobe may seem blown out of proportion,it is noteworthy. That comes to a little over $2200 a day for clothing and makeup since her inception as VP nominee! Talk about high maintenance. Can't this chick wear some of her outfits again for once. What hockey mom has that kind of a clothing allowance? I don't think that makes her "your typical hockey mom".

And she loves reffering to "Joe the plumber".He may have some resentment after finding out her clothing allowance is worth more than his house.I dont say this because I'm an Obama supporter. I'm not a McCain supporter either. But if you want to portray yourself helping the "little guy",it's counterproductive to say you're going to get rid of wall street greed and corruption where many have went to jail for illegally doing what she is doing. Just because its legal for her to do it doesn't make Joe the Plumber types feel she is one of them. It tarnishes her image and turns people off.
The clothing will be donated to charity . She won't be wearing it again . Where will Obama's unused millions be going ?

cj
10-24-2008, 12:38 PM

The others in the race are all millionaires and dress as such. It makes a lot of sense for her to dress the same. If she didn't, we would never hear the end of that. She can't win really.

Light
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
The clothing will be donated to charity . She won't be wearing it again .

She never wears the same thing twice anyway. What else you gonna do with it when you have a Primadona.

What will her clothing allowance be if she's VP? Looking at her record in Alaska where she put her family on the tab at taxpayers expense,I'd say it will be quite healthy.Yes it was legal,but sleazy.

The others in the race are all millionaires and dress as such.

They pay for their own outfits, unlike Ms. P.

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 01:22 PM
So that is what you talked about when your daughter didn't get enough votes to be homecoming queen? I'm trying to find the connection.Keep trying. Perhaps, accompanied by a burst of light, it will come to you.

Marshall Bennett
10-24-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm quite sure if you were to check , all governors and their families pretty much live on the taxpayers expence . The salaries they're payed don't exactly dictate an extravagant lifestyle .

chickenhead
10-24-2008, 01:31 PM
as someone who most definately isn't thrilled with the idea of Mrs. Palin anywhere near the White House, who gives a shit how much her clothes cost? Or what she does with them?

Tom
10-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Keep trying. Perhaps, accompanied by a burst of light, it will come to you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one you can't communicate with.

Tom
10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey libs....try putting in perspective....how much for similar expenses for Obama, "Plugs" Biden, McCain, Hillary in the primaries.....Any idea how much that 6 foot carrot costume she wore at the convention cost? Lot, I say, a lot of material there, to cover that arse and those conkles, and in orange, no less! :lol:

Do you knuckleheads have any idea just how stupid and petty you sound? No wonder Obama is doing good in the polls - he caters to the lazy and the stupid. And this discussion os a studpid as it gets. Boo hoo hoo, Sara spent money on clothers. Boo hoo hoo hoo!:lol:

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one you can't communicate with.

Yet, somehow, and for God only knows what reason, you can't stop trying.

Keep up the good work and while it may be lamentable cj and you can't follow, my lament is somewhat tempered by knowing I am doing my best while working with folks who present themselves as a joker and an ape.

I shall stay the course but do please realize I'm just one guy.

JustRalph
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
The point is, she isn't just a Hockey Mom anymore,,,,,,why can't you understand that Bubba?

She is going to stand on the stage next to Cindy McCain (who is a millionaire, wearing expensive clothes) in her regular go to work in Alaska duds? Nope........ain't going to happen.

I don't know about 150k in clothes, but they have denided the number btw.

Who gives a shit about the clothes..........it's what is inside that counts.

The fact that you guys go so far out of your way to disparage her only means how afraid of her you are. :bang:

Bubba X
10-24-2008, 04:21 PM
The point is, she isn't just a Hockey Mom anymore,,,,,,why can't you understand that Bubba?

She is going to stand on the stage next to Cindy McCain (who is a millionaire, wearing expensive clothes) in her regular go to work in Alaska duds? Nope........ain't going to happen.

I don't know about 150k in clothes, but they have denided the number btw.

Who gives a shit about the clothes..........it's what is inside that counts.

The fact that you guys go so far out of your way to disparage her only means how afraid of her you are. :bang:
Let's see, I think I:
1. Noted her approval rating problems
2. Commented on how some of her personal issues would be in conflict with traditional Religous Right positions
3. Commented on her Troopergate problems.

I think that's it and I don't think my comments are egregious by any stretch. I haven't called anyone stupid, brainwashed, etc... along the way.

I could not care less about her clothes. They're spending hundreds of millions on the campaign.

Marshall Bennett
10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
She could be doing the campaign trail butt naked and they'd complain because she was cheap . Hmmm ... buttnaked , last ditch idea for votes ? :)

Secretariat
10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Frankly, I could give a crap if Republican donors spend 150K on Palin's clothes. What bothers me more is people here rushing to defend her are the same who went nuts over Edwards 200 dollar haircut. It's just unbeleivably hypocritical.

Tom
10-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Noo it's not, Sec. We got an The Breck Girl because:

1. He is the Breck Girl
2. He was the one who kept yapping about two Americas.
3. He got scalped at $200 a pop ( pardon the pun).