PDA

View Full Version : If ever there was overt evidence that the MSM so desperately NEEDS Obama to win...

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 02:04 PM
...this is it. Talk about "reaching...."

I am shocked by the following lines in an ASSOCIATED PRESS "analysis" piece:

Palin's words avoid repulsing voters with overt racism. But is there another subtext for creating the false image of a black presidential nominee "palling around" with terrorists while assuring a predominantly white audience that he doesn't see their America?

In a post-Sept. 11 America, terrorists are envisioned as dark-skinned radical Muslims, not the homegrown anarchists of Ayers' day 40 years ago. With Obama a relative unknown when he began his campaign, the Internet hummed with false e-mails about ties to radical Islam of a foreign-born candidate.

Whether intended or not by the McCain campaign, portraying Obama as "not like us" is another potential appeal to racism. It suggests that the Hawaiian-born Christian is, at heart, un-American.

The fact is that when racism creeps into the discussion serves a purpose for McCain. As the fallout from Wright's sermons showed earlier this year, forcing Obama to abandon issues to talk about race leads to unresolved arguments about America's promise to treat all people equally.This is absolute proof that the MSM is in mortal fear that RACISM might ultimately cost Obama the election.

THEY (the MainStream Media) are going to do EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to PUMP up and PROP up Obama WITH THEIR OWN BRAND OF BIAS, in order to "counteract" this perceived racial bias in America that they believe might lose the election for their chosen one.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hLxEMDD-UlNa6HUrozE6ZkGYPTqAD93KFB700

bigmack
10-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Whether intended or not by the McCain campaign, portraying Obama as "not like us" is another potential appeal to racism. It suggests that the Hawaiian-born Christian is, at heart, un-American.

I lost count how many times BO said with a smile on his face "They'll tell you I have a funny name & that I don't look like any of the Presidents that you find on currency"

So what is it? Garner sympathy for race or point a finger accusing? Both I guess.

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 02:51 PM
In the words of a former coworker, who had to stand up to attacks like this...."I reject your unfounded comment about racism. Now back to the issue at hand".

Ayres, Obama have ties. That's a fact. Ayres is unrepentant about bombing buildings. Another fact.

It's Obama's turf to defend now, and the issue is a legitimate concern to Americans.

barn32
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM

This is absolute proof that the MSM is in mortal fear that RACISM might ultimately cost Obama the election.

THEY (the MainStream Media) are going to do EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to PUMP up and PROP up Obama WITH THEIR OWN BRAND OF BIAS, in order to "counteract" this perceived racial bias in America that they believe might lose the election for their chosen one.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hLxEMDD-UlNa6HUrozE6ZkGYPTqAD93KFB700I think you've got a lot of funny ideas.

Tom
10-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Mac, I think Obama reminds me a lot of Canadian money....the LOONEY!:D

ArlJim78
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
i've come to the conclusion that its really inaccurate to call it the mainstream media, MSM. it's really left wing media, pro Obama media, pro democrat media. nothing really mainstream about it.

they are most certainly not news organizations anymore. people need to realize that. if you read something from AP, the NYT, Reuters, etc, just consider it as an extension of the Obama campaign talking points, or the Obama TV station. no difference. they're not covering news anymore, its no secret. they're pushing an agenda while "pretending" that its news. the sooner everyone realizes this the better.

toetoe
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM
On its face (sorry :blush: ) it's bad enough, but then we get the implication that it's unintentional. That's even worse, if it's possible. And the topper is that Barry Hussein does indeed mean to play the darkface card. Jeez, by whatever means necessary, baby. Brother !! :faint:

Shall I expect to see BHO on Tavis Smiley, exchanging hugs with "The Host with the Least ?" I saw TS embracing (gulp ! :eek: ) Louis Farrakhan on the former's show, so no impartiality should be assumed, horribile dictu.

bigmack
10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Where oh where are the minions who detest media bias to the point they started umpteen websites proclaiming the bias of Fox? Nowhere to be seen. And in this case it's systemic. When "the usuals" on MSNBC refer to Fox as FixedNews it goes beyond the kettle & the pot. They're just plain nuts.

Tom - When retailers give change they can ask "With or without fag?"

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Dollar-Bill--27178.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/1copy.jpg

Tom
10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I dunno.....

bigmack
10-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Sen. Barack Obama said today that, while his rival John McCain seeks to "distract you with smears" and "Swift Boat-style attacks" in the last weeks of the campaign, he would keep focused on economic issues and what he described as McCain's shortcomings.

Economic issues :lol:

ArlJim78
10-05-2008, 06:29 PM
what does Obama know about economic issues anyway? other than raising taxes that is. oh I almost forgot, he's being tutored by Franklin Raines so all is well.

Tom
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
He got a house from the mob.
He got more money from Fannie and Freddie than anyone.
Hmmmm, the mob, Fannie and Freddie, the terrorist, the reverend, Hitler Youth movements.....I see a pattern here.

NJ Stinks
10-05-2008, 07:26 PM
MSM desperately needs Obama to win because MSM doesn't think the USA can/should tolerate four more years of GWB policies.

Period. That's it. Nothing sinister about it.

bigmack
10-05-2008, 07:31 PM
MSM desperately needs Obama to win because MSM doesn't think the USA can/should tolerate four more years of GWB policies.

Somebody edumecate this boy about ethics.

bigmack
10-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Top headline: Karl Rove projects 273 electoral votes for Obama
Leads to story headline: Obama clinches on Rove map
Article says:
With 30 days until Nov. 4, Karl Rove projects that Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) would get at least 273 electoral votes – three more than are needed to win – if the presidential election were held today.

But Rove warns that this race is “susceptible to rapid changes,” so no definite prediction is possible.

The remarkable forecast from the architect of the last two nationwide political victories underscores the straits that have rapidly enveloped Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) as the banking and credit crisis spread.

If you were writing headlines would you use "projects" or "clinches" after Rove says race is susceptible to rapid changes?

ArlJim78
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM

which policies? name them.

RaceBookJoe
10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I am surprised nobody is commenting on the Obama story that foxnews/hannity is airing right now.

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 10:32 PM
RBJ,

FreeRepublic.com has a lot of threads about 0bama's sleazy ties. Saw Hannity tonite too. Looks like it's up to Palin-MC to carry the water, the LSM isn't going to pursue it.

Most of us at work spend our entire lunch hour exchanging links to 0b0's past and ties....Will nexer see that stuff on the LSM

Hank
10-05-2008, 10:45 PM
RBJ,

FreeRepublic.com has a lot of threads about 0bama's sleazy ties. Saw Hannity tonite too. Looks like it's up to Palin-MC to carry the water, the LSM isn't going to pursue it.

Most of us at work spend our entire lunch hour exchanging links to 0b0's past and ties....Will nexer see that stuff on the LSM

:lol::lol:

NoDayJob
10-06-2008, 05:02 PM
We're all going to vote for Obama--- Why you ask? Simple, we want the Dumocrats to have their depression. The Ripublicans had the last one. It's pay back time, folks! Who am I votin' fer? Why, none of the above. The only sensible choice. :D

TurfRuler
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
"Barack Obama, after attacks on his character and past associations, is hitting back by highlighting John McCain's ties to the ``Keating Five'' savings-and-loan scandal that embroiled the Republican presidential nominee in the 1980s."

www.keatingeconomics.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20081006/pl_bloomberg/ayvd2e8yyjg;_ylt=AsZNAtyBoA.JPljvEQ2bzxoDW7oF

Secretariat
10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
"Barack Obama, after attacks on his character and past associations, is hitting back by highlighting John McCain's ties to the ``Keating Five'' savings-and-loan scandal that embroiled the Republican presidential nominee in the 1980s."

www.keatingeconomics.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20081006/pl_bloomberg/ayvd2e8yyjg;_ylt=AsZNAtyBoA.JPljvEQ2bzxoDW7oF

You forgot one.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200810040004?f=h_top

"In his May 4 Tribune column, Chapman wrote:

What McCain didn't mention is that he has his own Bill Ayers -- in the form of G. Gordon Liddy. Now a conservative radio talk-show host, Liddy spent more than 4 years in prison for his role in the 1972 Watergate burglary. That was just one element of what Liddy did, and proposed to do, in a secret White House effort to subvert the Constitution. Far from repudiating him, McCain has embraced him.

How close are McCain and Liddy? At least as close as Obama and Ayers appear to be. In 1998, Liddy's home was the site of a McCain fundraiser. Over the years, he has made at least four contributions totaling $5,000 to the senator's campaigns -- including $1,000 this year.

Last November, McCain went on his radio show. Liddy greeted him as "an old friend," and McCain sounded like one. "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

Which principles would those be? The ones that told Liddy it was fine to break into the office of the Democratic National Committee to plant bugs and photograph documents? The ones that made him propose to kidnap anti-war activists so they couldn't disrupt the 1972 Republican National Convention? The ones that inspired him to plan the murder (never carried out) of an unfriendly newspaper columnist?"

Buckeye
10-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Well ya know Paceadvantage, you're right, there is not really that much racial bias left in this country, good news-- since if there was, the Democrats would never have nominated him in the first place.

Case closed.

I love closeing these cases.

I've already said that Obama will win and be our next President despite the fact I've decided to vote the other way. The only person making sense to me is a female NRA member who is very unqualifed for the job and a woman. Bullly for her!

The more "unqualified" the better.

NJ Stinks
10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
which policies? name them.

Iraq is/was a wonderful idea.

Wants to make Bush's tax cuts permanent.

Buckeye
10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Don't bother telling me she is a Vice-Presidential candidate.

I know that.

She put the blame where it belongs that's all I know . . .

She doesn't know anything other than about Moose? Not saying you said that, but in my opinion she's worth my vote in November because she put the blame where it belongs: on the American People at large. Black white or red, it will be interesting to watch as America comes back. Would not bet against it.

alydar
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM

This is absolute proof that the MSM is in mortal fear that RACISM might ultimately cost Obama the election.

I recall reading many of oour posts where you confidently predicted tha Obama had no chance at all. Do you really think that the media is responsible for this sudden tide against Mcain?

Try the economy!! and George Bush!! He has set back the Republican party twenty years.

ddog
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Article says:
With 30 days until Nov. 4, Karl Rove projects that Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) would get at least 273 electoral votes – three more than are needed to win – if the presidential election were held today.

But Rove warns that this race is “susceptible to rapid changes,” so no definite prediction is possible.

The remarkable forecast from the architect of the last two nationwide political victories underscores the straits that have rapidly enveloped Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) as the banking and credit crisis spread.

If you were writing headlines would you use "projects" or "clinches" after Rove says race is susceptible to rapid changes?

Ok, have it yer way dude,

Obama PROJECTS on Rove map.

bigmack
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Ok, have it yer way dude,

Obama PROJECTS on Rove map.
Not working for me. Try again, "Bro"

oddsmaven
10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Article says:

I'd use "clinches" to indicate that Rove has Obama cracking the magic number of 270 to win...that was the point; not how many votes he currently has him at, but that he went over the top - but you missed that clear distinction while throwing a snit fit.

Tom
10-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Try the economy!! and George Bush!! He has set back the Republican party twenty years.

Seeing how the dems are 40 years behind the times, what with Obama being the new Carter, I guess it is a wash.

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I recall reading many of oour posts where you confidently predicted tha Obama had no chance at all. Do you really think that the media is responsible for this sudden tide against Mcain?

Try the economy!! and George Bush!! He has set back the Republican party twenty years.This "financial crisis" and George Bush have nothing to do with John McCain. If anything McCain was the one calling for more regulation of Fannie and Freddie (ALONG WITH GEORGE BUSH) back when Democrats were saying no additional oversight was needed....everything was FINE.

What is McCain waiting for? When is he going to pound this message home? Destroy Barney Frank. Destroy Chris Dodd. These are strong supporters and pals of OBAMA! Let's bring these roaches out into the light of day to answer for their screw ups.

sammy the sage
10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree w/P.A. here....BBBuuuuutttt....unfortunately...he's not in charge of the campaign!

McCain...too bad his (r)ACE card has been trying to MAKE Obama responsible for his BROTHER's sins!

And I mean that in (MORE WAYS THAN ONE)...SAD really...

Tom
10-07-2008, 10:41 AM
No, major concern actually. O'Bama has surrounded himself with questionable people, many who hate this country and one who is an actual terrorist. Yet every time one of these slime-balls is outed to the public, O'Bama claims he did not know about it. Think about it - is this guy that much of a moron? Do you want someone this oblivious as CNC of this great nation?

Or, is he just another GD lying politician?

Frankly, I cannot see how anyone can look seriously at O'bama and consider voting for him.

JustRalph
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I wonder how many of Obama's slime balls end up in his cabinet.

In most ways, I don't care who wins. I look forward to working against everything Obama stands for. This includes his supporters. I want McCain to win so Palin has a brighter future and encourages more candidates like her to come to the forefront. After 4 years of Obama, things will be rough....... but it may be worth it in the long run.

The media and his "own people" will turn on him late in year two. I keep hearing this "Obama's people" bullshit on radio and even in interviews with his supporters on local TV. I can't wait for the tide to change. The media will go after him by then. It should be fun to watch.

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I can't wait for the tide to change. The media will go after him by then. It should be fun to watch.I don't see that coming. I see the phrase "Well, at least he's better than George Bush" being used frequently whenever it's time to criticize Obama....

ddog
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Not working for me. Try again, "Bro"

you layed out the choices, just helping you out, babe.

Sailwolf
10-08-2008, 12:49 AM

http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/black-congressmen-declare-racism-palin-s-rhetoric?page=0%2C0

There is racism in America.

dav4463
10-08-2008, 12:57 AM
http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/black-congressmen-declare-racism-palin-s-rhetoric?page=0%2C0

If it was that bad, we wouldn't even have a black guy able to get this far. Constant reminders that we are racist only make white people feel guilty and vote for Obama in fear of being called a racist. In spite of the issues they will vote for the most liberal senator in US history just so they won't be called racist.

If Obama wins, it will be because he overcame a racist America to rise to the top.

If Obama loses, it will be because racist whitey would not elect a black man.

White people are in a no-win situation.

JustRalph
10-08-2008, 12:58 AM

The last bastion of fools and con men ..............cry racism...............

bigmack
10-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Nice find there Sail. Mind if I laugh?

“He’s ‘not one of us?’” Mr. Meeks said, referring to a comment Sarah Palin made at a campaign rally on Oct. 6 in Florida. “That’s racial. That’s fear. They know they can’t win on the issues, so the last resort they have is race and fear.”

Tom
10-08-2008, 07:26 AM

Sure is. Start with the Black Caucus in Congress.