PDA

View Full Version : Pincay, Day & Cordero

cj's dad
10-05-2008, 11:26 AM
were @ Laurel Park yesterday (Md. Million Day) continuing the "legends tour".
The lines for autographed pix were long and the guys were very gracious. Many little kids getting their pix taken with them. A good time was had by all. Gave away free t-shirts too.

If the tour hits a track near I recomend you stop by.:ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Is this the group that will participate in an actual race , along with Chris McCarron , Gary Stevens and others ? Chris mentioned it on TVG yesterday but can't remember where they were running .

john del riccio
10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
were @ Laurel Park yesterday (Md. Million Day) continuing the "legends tour".
The lines for autographed pix were long and the guys were very gracious. Many little kids getting their pix taken with them. A good time was had by all. Gave away free t-shirts too.

If the tour hits a track near I recomend you stop by.:ThmbUp:

Cordero was like the Don Corllione of the NY circuit in his day. He gave no quarter, expected none in return, and was as natural a rider as you will ever see.

John

Cratos
10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Cordero was like the Don Corllione of the NY circuit in his day. He gave no quarter, expected none in return, and was as natural a rider as you will ever see.

John

The absolute best jockey on the front that I have ever seen. Once Cordero got the lead it was “hell to pay” for any jockey coming off of the pace.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Is this the group that will participate in an actual race , along with Chris McCarron , Gary Stevens and others ? Chris mentioned it on TVG yesterday but can't remember where they were running .Laffit won't be riding, but Eight Hall of Fame jockeys – with combined earnings of over $1.5 billion from 49,163 victories -- will compete in a pari-mutuel wagering event, "The Living Legends Race," on Oct. 18 during the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet as a prelude to the following weekend’s Breeders’ Cup World Championships.

Held in conjunction with racing’s new "Legends on Tour" as well as the Breeders’ Cup, Hall of Fame jockeys set to compete in Santa Anita’s unprecedented race are, in descending order of age: Angel Cordero Jr., 65; Jacinto Vasquez, 64; Sandy Hawley, 59; Pat Day, 55; Chris McCarron, 53; Jerry Bailey, 51; Gary Stevens, 45, and Julie Krone, 45. Their average age is 55.

The allowance event will be contested at a sprint distance. Each rider’s mount, a California-bred selected by draw, will be assigned 126 pounds. And the winning jockey will provide the elite group with its 49,164th combined victory while increasing the number of total mounts by eight to 261,854.

Marshall Bennett
10-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Laffit won't be riding, but Eight Hall of Fame jockeys – with combined earnings of over $1.5 billion from 49,163 victories -- will compete in a pari-mutuel wagering event, "The Living Legends Race," on Oct. 18 during the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet as a prelude to the following weekend’s Breeders’ Cup World Championships.

Held in conjunction with racing’s new "Legends on Tour" as well as the Breeders’ Cup, Hall of Fame jockeys set to compete in Santa Anita’s unprecedented race are, in descending order of age: Angel Cordero Jr., 65; Jacinto Vasquez, 64; Sandy Hawley, 59; Pat Day, 55; Chris McCarron, 53; Jerry Bailey, 51; Gary Stevens, 45, and Julie Krone, 45. Their average age is 55.

The allowance event will be contested at a sprint distance. Each rider’s mount, a California-bred selected by draw, will be assigned 126 pounds. And the winning jockey will provide the elite group with its 49,164th combined victory while increasing the number of total mounts by eight to 261,854.
Thanks ! Should be interesting . Hope its televised .

Fingal
10-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Still can't believe they will have betting on this "race".................:faint:

Hajck Hillstrom
10-06-2008, 01:45 AM
...are 126 lbs., but I wonder what they will weigh in at? I saw Julie Krone in the Winner's Circle at OakTree this week, and I'm guessing that the lil' pixie could be tipping the scales with a possible overweight. :confused:

cj's dad
10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
FWIW- Pincay looked in the best shape- Day looked old and Cordero ovwt.
...are 126 lbs., but I wonder what they will weigh in at? I saw Julie Krone in the Winner's Circle at OakTree this week, and I'm guessing that the lil' pixie could be tipping the scales with a possible overweight. :confused:

OTM Al
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Still can't believe they will have betting on this "race".................:faint:

That I can believe. That people would bet on it is what I have trouble with

cj's dad
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
That I can believe. That people would bet on it is what I have trouble with

Al,
I swear that I'm gonna pass:lol:

JustRalph
10-06-2008, 10:04 PM

I saw a shot of her on tv the other day............I thinks you may be right!

juanepstein
10-06-2008, 10:41 PM
pincays gonna win it.

pincay beat them all then and he'll beat them all now.

Bruddah
10-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Did Pincay have a sex change operation after retiring. If so, he should have done it years ago. :lol: :D

Hosshead
10-07-2008, 09:06 AM
FWIW- Pincay looked in the best shape- Day looked old and Cordero ovwt.Pincay was Always in the best shape "back then" too.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-07-2008, 10:21 AM
pincays gonna win it.

pincay beat them all then and he'll beat them all now.Pincay won't win it...... even with a note from Juan Epstein's mother.

He isn't riding.

cj's dad
10-07-2008, 04:36 PM
He was there; I assumed he was included.
Pincay won't win it...... even with a note from Juan Epstein's mother.

He isn't riding.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-07-2008, 06:01 PM
;) LOL, Cordero quipped that Laffit was too old to ride.

Laffit won't be riding.

Hall of Fame jockeys set to compete in Santa Anita’s unprecedented race are, in descending order of age: Angel Cordero Jr., 65; Jacinto Vasquez, 64; Sandy Hawley, 59; Pat Day, 55; Chris McCarron, 53; Jerry Bailey, 51; Gary Stevens, 45, and Julie Krone, 45.
Should anyone want to bet on Laffit Pincay, please, give me the opportunity to book the bet for you.

cnollfan
10-07-2008, 06:45 PM
What's wrong with betting on a race with great riders just because they are a bit past their prime? I get a few bad rides as it is.

Living Flame
10-08-2008, 06:41 PM
OMG, I cannot wait for this! The BC is exciting, but the Living Legends race is much more so.

I'm excited to see my old friends at Santa Anita again. :jump:

This is awesome!

No, Laffit will (sadly) not be riding, due to his old injuries.

NY BRED
10-10-2008, 10:41 PM

John typo: Don Vito Corleone:cool:

Actually, I'd compare Angel to Al Capone and Pincay to Elliot Ness :eek: