PDA

View Full Version : You go girl!

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists

(I just love how AP feels the need to point out Ayers headed a group responsible for "nonfatal explosions.":lol: :lol:

Nonfatal explosions. Not bombings that could have easily killed someone....nonfatal explosions....:lol: :lol: )

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h2TC1ztefVzOiXeCNcmY7lIelBNwD93JT0D00

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/palin-obama-is-palling-around-with-terrorists/

Thank you MSM...you can't BUY this kind of setup....

"Well, I was reading my copy of today's New York Times and I was really interested to read about Barack's friends from Chicago," Palin told the crowd. "Turns out, one of his earliest supporters is a man who, according to The New York Times was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that, quote, 'launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol.' These are the same guys who think patriotism is paying higher taxes. This is not a man who sees America as you and I do -- as the greatest force for good in the world. This is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country. This, ladies and gentlemen, has nothing to do with the kind of change anyone can believe in -- not my kids and not your kids."

Tom
10-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Hence, I refer to him as Barry HUSSEIN. Operative name here, the guy should be in GITMO for, ah, questioning. Yeah, questioning, that's it. Questioning. :lol::lol::lol:

ElKabong
10-04-2008, 07:23 PM
They've finally 'let SARAH be SARAH'. No more of this "don't mention WaPo or NYTimes" out of snippyness nonsense. Shoot from the hip & aim to kill.

That first sentence of hers is f'n brilliance. Hey Couric, you got your answer on what newspapers Palin reads (and can recite).

ArlJim78
10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Ayers was disappointed they were non-fatal explosions. he said he wiishes they could have done more.

Go Sarah, hammer away.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Reuters is joined at the hip with AP it seems...they too feel the need to EDITORIALIZE in what is supposed to be a news article:

ENGLEWOOD, Col., Oct 4 - Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin (http://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/sarahpalin) accused Democratic candidate Barack Obama (http://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/barackobama) on Saturday of "palling around with terrorists," in the latest sign the campaign is turning increasingly nasty.Isn't it for the reader to judge FOR HIM OR HERSELF whether the campaign is turning increasingly nasty? This is a news piece, not an editorial, as far as I can tell. It's listed under NEWS | ARTICLE.

F'n unreal....

http://www.reuters.com/article/wtMostRead/idUSTRE4932E920081004

People are so brainwashed these days that they don't even realize when the lines are so obviously blurred beyond recognition.

ElKabong
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
F' it.....Bombing Americans and saying you didn't do enough is beyond nasty. Time to bitchslap 0bama and Biden, and take this sonofabitch by the throat.

Do NOT let obama and biden get a free pass, RNC. Call them on everything, and I do mean everything. Starting Oct 15 or so, Jeremiah Wright's influence will be an excelLent place to begin the stretch run. Start with Ayres and Dhorn, focus on "follow the money" on Raines, Johnson, etc, then show Obama for (1) the racist that he is by sitting in on Wright's racist sermons, or (2) question his leadership abilities by not standing up to Wright's racism on the pulpit.

These guys need to get into kick ass mode, and it's good to Sarah take the lead.....it's a start.

Greyfox
10-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Food for thought.
ENGLEWOOD, Col., Oct 4 - Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin (http://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/sarahpalin) accused Democratic candidate Barack Obama (http://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/barackobama) on Saturday of "palling around with terrorists," in the latest sign the campaign is turning increasingly nasty.
Yes. I'm repeating the above. Read and heed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/wtMostRead/idUSTRE4932E920081004

Rookies
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
When you're sinking like the Titanic, you might as well pull out all the desperate stops !

How about BOTH Rev. Wright and Ayers in the same sentence ? You might as well sling all the mud you can ? :bang:

'Cuz it ain't sticking, Sarah Pale Ale.

banacek
10-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Reuters is joined at the hip with AP it seems...they too feel the need to EDITORIALIZE in what is supposed to be a news article:

Isn't it for the reader to judge FOR HIM OR HERSELF whether the campaign is turning increasingly nasty? This is a news piece, not an editorial, as far as I can tell. It's listed under NEWS | ARTICLE.

F'n unreal....

I thought a lot of the responses from both sides on this site were quite fair and respectful, especially after the VP debate.

Well, in my opinion this thread is getting increasingly nasty. Even the moderator is swearing. Time for me to "swear off" off-topic yet again.

Hank
10-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Come on men accept your fate with some semblance of dignity,this is becoming sad.:lol:

pandy
10-04-2008, 11:45 PM
What's disgraceful is that the media has virtually ignored or glossed over Obama's connection to radicals like Ayers and Wright while at the same time putting Palin under a microscope. It amazes me that so many people don't think it's a big deal that Obama was on the board of directors of an organization run by a man who admits that he and his wife bombed American institutions. If Obama was a republican this would be plastered all over the papers and tv. Journalism is dead.

HUSKER55
10-05-2008, 12:29 AM
GOD DAMN AMERICA has been taken out of context.

say it ain't so,...Joe

Obama admits to snorting coke and they say that qualifies him to be president

and why not. BILL DID NOT INHALE.

HILLARY did not try and screw anybody at Whitewater

AND JOURNALIST SEE NOTHING WRONG HERE.

I have a thought. Suppose we could start a mass movement to get everybody to cancell all subscriptions to news magazines, newspapers and then start sending letters to advertisers that we will not buy their product if they stay associated with Fox, and etc.

I am going to start and I hope you guys follow along as well. Sooner or later it will hurt deep and the message will get delivered. Don't by albums, cd's nor any of it. Boycott all of it. Think about it.

We can make a difference.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

husker55

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 12:29 AM
When you're sinking like the Titanic, you might as well pull out all the desperate stops !

How about BOTH Rev. Wright and Ayers in the same sentence ? You might as well sling all the mud you can ? :bang:

Sharp, Rook. Bringing up facts about ones past and present is "slinging mud" indeed. :lol:

NJ Stinks
10-05-2008, 12:39 AM
That first sentence of hers is f'n brilliance.

Palin and brilliance in the same sentence.

Amazing.

HUSKER55
10-05-2008, 01:58 AM
I can hear obama opening speech now

GOD DAMN AMERICA

LET'S SNORT SOME COKE

and people are voting for him

and his wife is not proud to be american

Now that ,...That is amazing
but then again, they come from Harvard so what can you expect

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 02:58 AM

Amazing.

I guess she'd have to exit a national presidential race in shame for plagerizzing a Brit politician, ask someone in a wheelchair to stand up, play up a little weather event as a 'hail of gunfire to make my chopper land', in order for Palin and Brilliance to be in the same sentence. Got it.

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Come on El, you know all those things were simply "honest mistakes" made by an "honorable" man. When Republicans do such things, they're either crooks, liars, or just plain idiots.

Get with the program!

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Well, in my opinion this thread is getting increasingly nasty. Even the moderator is swearing. Time for me to "swear off" off-topic yet again.Swear? Where?

hcap
10-05-2008, 06:59 AM

'Cuz it ain't sticking, Sarah Pale Ale.All the desperate stops? Nah, just the backup team.

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/maverick-3.jpg

Tom
10-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Yes, it is sticking, and btw, Obama poured the water in the dirt to make the mud. His aquaintences offer a window into the black soul of this jerk. He is not an American.

Tom
10-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Amazing.

Subject but no predicate in the same sentence. Interesting. :rolleyes:

bettheoverlay
10-05-2008, 10:33 AM
All I can say is thank God for Tina Fey. We need Palin on one of the Sunday morning shows (is she ready yet?) to provide more incredible fodder.

Endless war and financial meltdown - its tough to win on the issues. McCain was highly critical of using Rev Wright to sling the mud during the primaries, but I would guess he's coming the final week anyway.

It was the NYTimes, a left-wing rag, that investigated the Ayres connection.

banacek
10-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Swear? Where?

You said "f'n unreal" which elicited "F'it" fro m the very next poster. If my son said "F'it" to me, well let's just say it would violate my terms of service. I just things need to be ramped down a bit..Obama should be in Gitmo, time to bitchslap Obama and Biden or some of the stuff said about Gov. Palin, I think is hateful - not permitted by the terms of service, in my opinion.

I just think that there was a 100% chance of this thread degenerating into infantile name calling. What if I made some post about what scum McCain was because he dumped his disabled wife and said he should be bitchslapped? I imagine, it wouldn't be pretty. (Why, because it is nasty, incites more of the same - it is ancient history , the man has more guts in his pinky finger than I have in my whole body - and he is on good terms with his ex - I think she even has a McCain bumpersticker)

There can be good debate and there has been on this forum, but it has to be more respectful than this. But it is your call, it's your forum and if I would stick to the horse racing side, I'd be better off. And by the way, if you think you know who I'd vote for, you'd probably be wrong.

ArlJim78
10-05-2008, 11:18 AM
It was the NYTimes, a left-wing rag, that investigated the Ayres connection.
The New York Times investigated this story? you must be joking. lets see, where to start with this? ummm, for starters what took them so long to mention this story? its been around for months and months. why now?
how quickly did they get their army of investigators up to Alaska to rummage thru trash cans looking for dirt on Palin? they published a LENGTHY summary of what they found a few weeks ago, which essentially amounted to nothing.
This Ayers story has been around all year, and just now they run a small piece on it?

also, there is no investigation in their Ayers story, it merely recounts the Obama talking points which are that he doesn't approve of Ayers past behavior and that the two merely crossed paths a couple of times in the neighborhood, as if they hardly had any relationship at all.

what the NYT didn't do is any kind of investigation of the counterclaims, by people who feel this was not a casual relationship. Stanley Kurtz has been doing real investigative work on this story. Read how he got shut down by the Chicago thugs when he dared to ask for the records of the Annenburg Foundation.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MTgwZTVmN2QyNzk2MmUxMzA5OTg0ODZlM2Y2OGI0NDM=

and here is how the Obamanazis handled it. basically they smeared him, and tried to intimidate and silence radio stations that dared to interview Kurtz.
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/28/next-the-obama-thugs-came-for-stanley-kurtz/

No the NYT story is essentially a lame attempt to get in front of a story that is going to FINALLY get mentioned by McCain Palin. Without any investigation whatsoever they've concluded that there's nothing to see here, keep moving along people.

Bubba X
10-05-2008, 11:37 AM
In other news, McCain has given up in Michigan, is barley ahead (49-47) in Indiana, has somehow, almost unbelievably, lost his lead in New Mexico which is now "likely Obama." In the pure "toss-up" states, McCain leads Ohio by 1% and either trails or is behind in NC, VA, NV, FL and VA. www.rasmussenreports.com (http://www.rasmussenreports.com) is a pretty decent site for current electoral and polling info.

If you are a McCain supporter, aside from perhaps thinking the attack/character issue is going to turn the entire electorate, I'd be curious to hear just how do you think he is going to win?

Tom
10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I have faith enough real Americans are out there that do not buy the total lies that sum up Obama/Biden. I do not believe enough people will be willing to vote for that liberal BS and allow their agenda to destroy the country, which it will. Polls are there for weak minds to amuse themselves. Re: hcap.

JustRalph
10-05-2008, 11:41 AM
they have already pulled out the race card on Palin and tossed it on the table

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93KD6Q00&show_article=1

Marshall Bennett
10-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Hope your right Tom . I have my doubts , lots of brainwashing .

bettheoverlay
10-05-2008, 12:44 PM
The New York Times investigated this story? you must be joking.

Sarah seems to have much better impression of the NYTimes story. Maybe she didn't read the whole article. Maybe she didn't read it at all. Maybe she's never seen a copy of the NYTimes.

“There is a lot of interest, I guess, in what I read and what I’ve read lately. Well, I was reading my copy of today’s New York Times and I was interested to read about Barack’s friends from Chicago.

“I get to bring this up not to pick a fight, but it was there in the New York Times, so we are gonna talk about it. Turns out one of Barack’s earliest supporters is a man who, according to the New York Times, and they are hardly ever wrong, was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that quote launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and US Capitol. Wow."

--

RaceBookJoe
10-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Hope your right Tom . I have my doubts , lots of brainwashing .

Crazy brainwashing going on. I have a cousin, all she talks about is obama as president. Seeing these people chant and sing songs. Very scary. rbj

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
What if I made some post about what scum McCain was because he dumped his disabled wife and said he should be bitchslapped? I imagine, it wouldn't be pretty.Look, you can say a lot about me, but I don't think you can say that I don't allow opposing opinions. This off-topic forum is FILLED with opinions from both the right and the left, the far-right and the far-left. All get their say.

I wouldn't have any problem with you saying McCain was scum because he dumped his disabled wife....that's your opinion....what would I come back with? He's not scum? It's a pretty scummy thing to do....

And I apologize for the F'n thing. I RARELY if ever type something like that, because I know I don't like to see it used often by others on this board. However, I needed something to convey my much-more-than-usual astonishment with what I read in that "article" from Reuters.

banacek
10-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Look, you can say a lot about me, but I don't think you can say that I don't allow opposing opinions. This off-topic forum is FILLED with opinions from both the right and the left, the far-right and the far-left. All get their say.

Agreed. That's great. I just feel sometimes it gets too hateful. All 4 of the candidates have their plusses and minuses, but they are all smart, patriotic people. They just have different opinions, just like us. But this is a very smart group of posters here and I think it gets too venomous sometimes. I think if we were all sitting around having a beer, we'd say our piece with respect of the others, but on the forum it is easy to go overboard.

And there is certainly no apology neccessary.

Greyfox
10-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Palin's remarks re: Obama pallin with a terrorist.

She's simply stating what a lot of us are thinking.
As she hasn't been brain washed by Washington Political correctness, I find her comments very refreshing. She's a female version of the late Will Rogers.
He'd a made a great Prez too.

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Agreed. That's great. I just feel sometimes it gets too hateful. All 4 of the candidates have their plusses and minuses, but they are all smart, patriotic people. They just have different opinions, just like us. But this is a very smart group of posters here and I think it gets too venomous sometimes. I think if we were all sitting around having a beer, we'd say our piece with respect of the others, but on the forum it is easy to go overboard.

And there is certainly no apology neccessary.

"Hateful"? As in Obama telling his followers to "get in people's faces", last week? People push back.

At "Camp Obama", per a Sept 4, 2007 Sun Times article, an instructor told pupils to be "ruthless". Some of us are sick of the "ruthless" BS. We push back. You may not like it, but that is really of no concern to me. I want to fight my opponent on a level playing surface. It takes an attitude to beat an attitude sometimes.

Tom
10-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I, for one, have no doubt Obama is not a patriotic person, that and his miserable excuse of a wife hate this country and have an agenda. I find both of them and the misfits they hang and bang with to be bottom feeding traitors to our way of life. The kind that should just one day disappear under the Patriot Act.

And I never drink in bars without a large stick. :eek:;):lol:

JustRalph
10-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Osama Bin Laden attacked the Pentagon and the Dems scream that "we have to catch Osama" Yet, a man who readily admits he attacked the Pentagon holds the initial fundraiser for Obama to get started in his political career at his home and nobody finds a problem with this?

Duplicity as usual

ArlJim78
10-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Sarah seems to have much better impression of the NYTimes story. Maybe she didn't read the whole article. Maybe she didn't read it at all. Maybe she's never seen a copy of the NYTimes.

--
she used the NYT article as an open door to launch the attack for political reasons. its a better source to cite when you're attacking a democrat than National Review for example.

bigmack
10-05-2008, 06:55 PM
SNL Debate.

Didn't see it live. Just did. Pretty darn funny.
Best lines: Jews & Cuban Food - Nobody but nobody has ever come from there but me. :lol: :lol:

See it here:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/37730/saturday-night-live-vp-debate-open-palin--biden

Tom
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
That was pretty good.
I liked the Lawrence Welk skit, too..."Was her forehead really that big or was I looking through some bubbles?" :lol:

barn32
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
"Well, I was reading my copy of today's New York Times...

Was it just me or did this strike anybody else as strange. Especially coming on the heels of the Couric interview. She just "happens" to mention that she was reading MY copy of the New York Times???

Very strange.

Rookies
10-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I, for one, have no doubt Obama is not a patriotic person, that and his miserable excuse of a wife hate this country and have an agenda. I find both of them and the misfits they hang and bang with to be bottom feeding traitors to our way of life. The kind that should just one day disappear under the Patriot Act.

So there you have it, Pace; people on this Forum with opinions as deranged as this. Evidently, they sat quietly for 7.5 years, while an imbecile conducted a trillion dollar black hole war on the basis of lies. The same fool, who can't put together two consecutive coherent sentences, on his watch let unfettered capitalism go completely wild. What's left is the perfect storm.

But yeah, it's all the fault of the OTHER guy, who has never made one executive decision yet, but is clearly, in some minds, some type of fifth columnist and traitor.

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 10:15 PM
[b]
So there you have it, Pace; people on this Forum with opinions as deranged as this. Evidently, they sat quietly for 7.5 years, while an imbecile conducted a trillion dollar black hole war on the basis of lies. The same fool, who can't put together two consecutive coherent sentences, on his watch let unfettered capitalism go completely wild. What's left is the perfect storm.

Hey, leave Barney Frank out of this...

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 10:23 PM

But yeah, it's all the fault of the OTHER guy, who has never made one executive decision yet, but is clearly, in some minds, some type of fifth columnist and traitor.

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

If you had a vote in this race, I'd pay more attn to your comments. As it is, you're extremely ill informed with absolutely no say-so in the election process.

Rookies
10-05-2008, 10:31 PM
If you had a vote in this race, I'd pay more attn to your comments. As it is, you're extremely ill informed with absolutely no say-so in the election process.

Personally, I can't vote, but the rest of my family can and will.

And, for God's sake, don't let something as insignificant a concept as " Freedom of Expression " stand in your way of your beliefs.

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 10:35 PM
If my life were so empty I'd really care about Canadian politics. Even to the point of taking sides on a discussion board without being well versed in the facts. But I have other things to do, to be honest.

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
"Well, I was reading my copy of today's New York Times...

Was it just me or did this strike anybody else as strange. Especially coming on the heels of the Couric interview. She just "happens" to mention that she was reading MY copy of the New York Times???

Very strange.Wow man. You just don't get it...

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Evidently, they sat quietly for 7.5 years, while an imbecile conducted a trillion dollar black hole war on the basis of lies.Basis of lies? Oh, you mean the Democrat lies....

_1q9Q0OtJ4g

ArlJim78
10-05-2008, 11:13 PM
sounds like the whole lot of them were supporting Bush policies back then, when it was popular and convenient.