PDA

View Full Version : Simpson: Guilty As Charged

bigmack
10-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Karma is alive and well.

GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

LAS VEGAS — A jury here Friday night found O. J. Simpson guilty on all counts in his robbery and kidnapping trial, a verdict that came 13 years to the day after Mr. Simpson was acquitted in the highly publicized murders of his ex-wife and her friend.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/10/03/us/04simpson6_190.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/us/04simpson.html?ref=sports

(Title thread should be as not at. Little help?)

ArlJim78
10-04-2008, 08:24 AM
as seinfeld would say, "that's a shame".

nativenova
10-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Does this mean he will stop looking for Nicole's real killers?

JustRalph
10-04-2008, 10:08 AM
he can always still look in the mirror

slewis
10-04-2008, 10:14 AM
The only chance the old goat has of stealing this election is to run ad's in every publication how Obama, if elected, stated that his in first day in the White House, he will parden OJ SIMPSON.:lol:

Bobzilla
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Anyone here an expert on contemporary jailbird culture in America's penitentiary system? If so, any predictions on how OJ Simpson (I was going to say the juice but thought better of it) might be received once he's in the joint? One would hope he'd be at the bottom with those who commit crimes against children but that's probably hoping for too much.

so.cal.fan
10-04-2008, 10:56 AM
As Malcom X once commented in regards to President Kennedy's assasination:
"Chickens come home to roost"
I'm sure the OJ lawyers will try to have the case re-tried in Los Angeles. :rolleyes:
I am concerned for the safety of other prisioners who have to be incarcerated with OJ!
I hope this will allow some closure for the Goldman family and the Brown family.

Marshall Bennett
10-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't retried in that the jury was mostly white .

barn32
10-04-2008, 11:13 AM
The Verdict (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/10/04/sot.oj.verdict.ap)

By the way, how do you "embed" a video. I tried for half an hour, but couldn't figure it out.

Tom
10-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Must be this jury was awake and had IQs above carrots.

RaceBookJoe
10-04-2008, 12:23 PM
It couldnt happen to a nicer guy. He cant complain, he has been walking free for the past 13 years. I hope he gets life, i believe sentencing is 12/5. rbj

GaryG
10-04-2008, 12:28 PM
This guy is so slippery I won't believe it until he is sentenced and the appeals are denied. Unfortunately, he may be admired by the cons for beating the murder rap.

Greyfox
10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
I loved the Drudge Report headline this morning. It reads:

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :ThmbUp:

Tom
10-04-2008, 03:16 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Let OJ out an tell him Bush and McCain have some of his stuff!

sonnyp
10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
i'm no simpson sympathyser bye any stretch. you won't understand what i'm about to say unless or until you are falsely accused by our wonderful government and it's criminal justice system.

the facts are : the system got it wrong in the case of o.j. both times. the first time was a joke, this time is just as much a joke. some might say "justice in the end" but that's not the way the system is supposed to work.

if you have ever been falsely accused, and had to defend yourself and go up against the "justice system"( your individual money against theirs ) you might understand.

having one's wellbeing and future in the hands of unscrupulous prosecutors and government agencies with individuals simply trying to futher their careers at the expense of "david trying to fight goliath" is a sickening reality. i, certainly, don't put o. j. in this category but allow me to throw out the duke lacrosse team as just one incident to which i refrer.

finding satisfaction in anyone coming up on the short end of our criminal justice system may be shortsighted, believe it or not, it could happen to you.

just try to imagine a group of your peers that are products of today's society
sitting in judgement of you.

Overlay
10-04-2008, 06:19 PM
i'm no simpson sympathyser bye any stretch. you won't understand what i'm about to say unless or until you are falsely accused by our wonderful government and it's criminal justice system.

the facts are : the system got it wrong in the case of o.j. both times. the first time was a joke, this time is just as much a joke. some might say "justice in the end" but that's not the way the system is supposed to work.

if you have ever been falsely accused, and had to defend yourself and go up against the "justice system"( your individual money against theirs ) you might understand.

having one's wellbeing and future in the hands of unscrupulous prosecutors and government agencies with individuals simply trying to futher their careers at the expense of "david trying to fight goliath" is a sickening reality. i, certainly, don't put o. j. in this category but allow me to throw out the duke lacrosse team as just one incident to which i refrer.

finding satisfaction in anyone coming up on the short end of our criminal justice system may be shortsighted, believe it or not, it could happen to you.

just try to imagine a group of your peers that are products of today's society
sitting in judgement of you.

Granted that instances of abuse of prosecutorial power and egregious errors by juries will occur as long as human beings are imperfect, but what alternative to our current system would you suggest for achieving outcomes that are just (sooner or later) to both individuals and society? It's like the quote from Churchill describing democracy as the worst form of government, except for all the others that have ever been tried.

bigmack
10-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Dig this. He was convicted of an armed robbery that happened on Sept. 13 and was found guilty the exact date on the 13th anniversary of his Los Angeles murder acquittal. The Las Vegas jury deliberated for 13 hours after a 13-day trial.

Had he gone to a numerologist before sentencing I suspect he would have been in a Bronco tooling towards Mexico at 35MPH rather than showing up for the doom of the 13's.

Good riddance. Can the Goldman family show up for sentencing and ask that he be put in general population?

Tom
10-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Had he gone to a numerologist before sentencing I suspect he would have been in a Bronco tooling towards Mexico at 35MPH rather than showing up for the doom of the 13's.

You mean 13 MPH? :lol:

sonnyp
10-04-2008, 09:23 PM
big brother has taken an infinitely greater control over our individual lives than the original founders of this democracy could have ever imagined. the government's insatiable appetite to control greater and greater portions of our lives erodes our personal freedoms at every turn.

dont smoke, wear seat belts, wear helmets, dont take drugs...it's the law !!!!!

is this really the kind of stuff the government, and the justice system should be conderned with ? congressional hearings for athletes on steroids ? you must be kidding !!!

a little closer to home, what about the patriot act ? the government has prosecuted more gamblers than terrorists under the facade of this beauty.

our bridges, roads and financial markets are crumbling, we're involved in wars costing billions of dollars and more important, untold human misery. when the poor souls who are unfortunate enough to have to go to these godforsaken places and fight return, they're practically forgotten and can't get adequate medical attention.

let's have a few more congressional hearings on some of this stuff or ars they in recess ?

Rookies
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Must be this jury was awake and had IQs above carrots.

:lol: Good one Thomas.

Frankly I don't care if he went down for J Walking ! Justice at last.

What hapens in Vegas, stays in Vegas !

Beauty ! ;)

Tom
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
dont smoke, wear seat belts, wear helmets, dont take drugs...it's the law !!!!!

don't kill your ex-wive, don't kill her waiter, don't kidnap people, don't invade hotel rooms with guns drawn.......where does this shit end??????

bigmack
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
don't kill your ex-wive, don't kill her waiter, don't kidnap people, don't invade hotel rooms with guns drawn.......where does this shit end??????
They fried Bundy and all he did was kill 35. Government is out of control!

Tom
10-05-2008, 10:27 AM
They killed AL BUNDY?????????:eek:

larman
10-05-2008, 10:36 AM
This entire trial was a joke. Someone has to step in and throw out this
verdict and retry. What if it was Joe Namath? Fifty dollar fine and pay
court costs...........

Valuist
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
They killed AL BUNDY?????????:eek:

Fox did that.

JustRalph
10-05-2008, 11:47 AM
But Peg is alive and well............as a future cartoon character

http://www.glhf.no/uploads/photo-316.gif

bigmack
10-05-2008, 01:30 PM
court costs...........
The way you figure it he came out ahead. I assume you're talking color here.

If there weren't a preponderance of blacks on the jury of his double murder trial he would have been found guilty and have received life or heck, even death. In this case, he'll be in the big house for a spell. See, his "color" helped him out in the long run. Too bad his character doomed him forever.

Marshall Bennett
10-05-2008, 03:50 PM
court costs...........
You must be kidding . The evidence was conclusive . He's as guilty as he was in his murder trial . He's going down this time . Scum like this needs to be off the streets , I don't care who they are .

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
By the way, how do you "embed" a video. I tried for half an hour, but couldn't figure it out.You can only embed YouTube videos.

dav4463
10-07-2008, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Id3ioATXo

Life used to be so good for OJ.

barn32
10-07-2008, 02:33 AM
You can only embed YouTube videos.I assumed that was the case, so I tried embedding YouTube videos as well. I still couldn't get it to work.

One other thing. On other sites when you click on preview post it will show your images, videos, etc. that you're putting into the post. On this site when you click on preview post it only shows text. You have to actually post it to see what an image will look like. Is this why I couldn't embed a YouTube video?

Do you have a reason for doing things like this?

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I recall seeing youtube embeds and pictures when I click preview....odd....

This thread by Tom is a good explanation of how to embed YouTube:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=568131&highlight=YouTube#post568131

Tor Ekman
03-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Bizarro LA-LA land strikes again . . . A buried knife was supposedly found on the grounds of OJ's old house, possibly found as far back as 1998!

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/04/oj-simpson-knife-found-murders-nicole-brown/

A construction worker found a knife buried on the perimeter of the former O.J. Simpson (http://www.tmz.com/person/o-j-simpson/) estate ... and it's currently being tested by the LAPD in a top secret investigation ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ. The story is incredible. We're told a construction worker found the knife years ago -- we have heard several different stories, ranging from "several years ago" to 1998, when the house was demolished.

The weapon is a folding buck knife.

Our law enforcement sources say the construction worker took the knife to the street, where he saw an LAPD cop. He told the officer where he found the knife and the cop took it.

Turns out the cop -- who worked in the traffic division -- was off duty at the time, working security for a movie shoot at a house across the street on Rockingham. Our sources say the officer took the knife home and kept it ... kept it for years.

In late January of this year, after the cop retired from the LAPD, he contacted a friend who worked in LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division (RHD). The cop told the friend about the knife and said he was getting it framed to put on his wall. He wanted his friend to get the DR (Departmental Record) number for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman murder case, which he planned on engraving in the frame.

We're told the friend was indignant, and told his superiors. The brass was outraged and demanded that the retired cop turn the knife over, which he did.

Our sources say the knife is currently being tested for hair and fingerprints. It will be moved to the Serology Unit next week, where it will be tested for DNA and other biological evidence.

One source familiar with the investigation tells us, cops who eyeballed the knife think it could have blood residue on it, but it's hard to know without testing because it's extremely rusted and stained.

The investigation is top secret. It's been logged into the LAPD's computer system outside the official case file to maintain security. Our sources say, since O.J. was found not guilty, it's still an open case. That means cops can continue investigating, but O.J. cannot be prosecuted again -- double jeopardy.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Well ain't that a kick in the nads.

Anyhoo...chain of custody being what it was... :lol: ...no matter WHAT is found on the knife, it's not going to change anybody's mind either way.

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Traffic division = rentacop

TJDave
03-04-2016, 04:30 PM
He's up for parole next year. Will probably get it.

Stillriledup
03-04-2016, 04:31 PM
He's up for parole next year. Will probably get it.

He was railroaded.

(This was a post just to post) :D

ebcorde
03-04-2016, 11:20 PM
economic stimulus package.

Greta van Sustern
Gerald Rivera
Nancy Grace
The Khardashians
All the books written
and
Robert Shapiro's Legal Zoom

Rookies
03-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Well ain't that a kick in the nads.

Anyhoo...chain of custody being what it was... :lol: ...no matter WHAT is found on the knife, it's not going to change anybody's mind either way.

The cop held on to the knife for a generation? :bang:

What is the qualification for an LA Cop?

Mouth breathing? Counting to 5? :lol:

098poi
03-04-2016, 11:35 PM
This part to me is astonishing!! Not only does he keep what he thinks is evidence for years he lets the authorities (his buddy) know. Wow.

"In late January of this year, after the cop retired from the LAPD, he contacted a friend who worked in LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division (RHD). The cop told the friend about the knife and said he was getting it framed to put on his wall. He wanted his friend to get the DR (Departmental Record) number for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman murder case, which he planned on engraving in the frame."

betovernetcapper
03-05-2016, 12:44 AM
I saw this on CNN this morning and at some point it was referred to as a Buck knife. If it is a Buck knife, it would probably be the Buck 110, that Chris Reeves referred to as the most imitated knife in the world. It's the most common knife for US cops, soldiers, bikers & anyone who needs a hard use 4 inch locking knife. In the hands of OJ, it could inflict the kind of carnage we all heard about. Twenty years ago they sold for $20.

If somehow it could be retrieved from the government, just on spec it would probably bring $1000 on eBAY.

If the correct DNA shows up on the knife, I'd put a conservative value at auction of $20,000. The $150 revolver that was used to shoot Oswald went for $100,000, 25 years ago.

As luck would have it, I'm in possession of several 110's at least one of which is from that time period. For those who'd like to own a piece of history, I'd be willing to give it away for a mere $300. Because I'm feeling very Christian at the moment, for an additional $200, I'll throw in a custom biker Buck 110 that might have been used at Spawn Ranch (Charlie Manson). :)

davew
03-05-2016, 03:08 AM
Don't they have double jeopardy in California?

What could they charge him with now? Burying a knife in his yard?

Rookies
03-05-2016, 06:21 AM
Don't they have double jeopardy in California?

What could they charge him with now? Burying a knife in his yard? :bang:

Shame!

Spiderman
03-05-2016, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=betovernetcapper] Twenty years ago they sold for $20.

As luck would have it, I'm in possession of several 110's at least one of which is from that time period. For those who'd like to own a piece of history, I'd be willing to give it away for a mere $300.

I have a Buck 110, purchased for about $20 in mid-70's. The 110 is now retailing for $49.95. Its a comfort tool to have around. When oiled, I can flick it open as fast as a switch.

Nutz and Boltz
03-05-2016, 08:35 AM
This part to me is astonishing!! Not only does he keep what he thinks is evidence for years he lets the authorities (his buddy) know. Wow.

"In late January of this year, after the cop retired from the LAPD, he contacted a friend who worked in LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division (RHD). The cop told the friend about the knife and said he was getting it framed to put on his wall. He wanted his friend to get the DR (Departmental Record) number for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman murder case, which he planned on engraving in the frame."

It wouldn't have done any good to turn it in in 1998 anyways. Orenthal had already been aquitted .Probably why the cop said "what the hell, I'll keep it".

Tom
03-05-2016, 09:04 AM
OJ....what a player.
No one could cut and run like OJ.
Whoda thought he would retire playing DEFENSE?

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 12:17 PM
I saw a banner here at PA that came up on my phone 'is OJ innocent, the missing evidence' :D

should I click it??? :lol:

Tom
01-30-2017, 12:33 PM
I watched that 3-day TV show - a total crock.
At the end of my days, I will regret losing those 6 hours.:mad:

upthecreek
01-30-2017, 12:46 PM
I watched that 3-day TV show - a total crock.
At the end of my days, I will regret losing those 6 hours.:mad:
I thought it left room for doubt

Tom
01-30-2017, 01:48 PM
If the wrist watch was truly broken, but no proof was ever offered and the detective said flat out it was not.

That kills their timeline.

Dave Schwartz
01-30-2017, 02:12 PM
We watched the ESPN special - 5 or 6 parts, maybe?

It was excellent and clearly built the case for his guilt - as well as the fact that everyone involved in the case knew it.

TJDave
01-30-2017, 02:33 PM
Simpson is up for parole this year.

Any bets?

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Simpson is up for parole this year.

Any bets?

Will trump 'pardon' OJ!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2016/10/13/that-time-donald-trump-wanted-o-j-simpson-for-celebrity-apprentice/?client=safari

Marshall Bennett
01-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Will trump 'pardon' OJ!

Obama and hcap would have. :)