PDA

View Full Version : PTC Will Carry 2008 Breeders Cup Races

trying2win
10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Strange that nobody has mentioned this in a thread yet, but PTC will carry the 2008 Breeders Cup races from Santa Anita. :jump: Now that is really something!
Good show, Ian! Congratulations, and as a PTC account holder, I thank you for your efforts on obtaining this deal.

I'm assuming you had to get permission from Drew Couto of the TOC. If so, and he approved it....I think I should phone the RIPLEY'S BELIEVE OR NOT'S company office. Anyone know the phone number? :D Maybe this is a good sign that Drew is going to slowly but surely shed his Ebeneezer Scrooge image.

T2W

boomman
10-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Congrats once again Ian!!!!

Boomer

chrisl
10-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Any changes by then on Ca resident's opening up a account with PTC?..Crossing finger's....Chrisl

Premier Turf Club
10-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Unfortunately not. I don't see that in the near future. :(

trying2win
10-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I hope current PTC members and any new PTC members between now and later in the week, will support wagering on the BREEDERS CUP days races in a big way. I think this is very important in sending a message to the TOC, if they see a significant volume of wagering on the BC days races from PTC account holders. This could be another important step for PREMIER TURF CLUB in gaining the California thoroughbred signal in the future.

T2W

trying2win
10-23-2008, 05:08 AM
I see the rewards have been listed now at the PTC site for the two day BREEDERS CUP cards at Santa Anita. I kind of expected that the PTC management would have to pay a premium to get the signal for that event, and that the rewards would be lower-than-normal. I understand the situation though. PTC has other bills to pay besides their customers on the BC cards, so, because of the higher-than-normal signal fee, they can only hand out so much for rewards to the customers. Nevertheless, I've committed myself to betting the races on those two BREEDERS CUP cards through PTC.

Furthermore, if a miracle happened in the near future... let's say PTC got the California thoroughbred signal for a trial of one year, I would still commit myself to send all my Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, Golden Gate and Del Mar bets through PTC, regardless of the reward percentage. PTC has done a lot for me personally, and I feel I owe them that kind of loyalty.

T2W

DeanT
10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
and that the rewards would be lower-than-normal.
T2W

Which is why when the signal fees are raised as per the THG model, the player will lose and the business will lose in the long run. It hikes takeout on horseplayers.

trying2win
10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Which is why when the signal fees are raised as per the THG model, the player will lose and the business will lose in the long run. It hikes takeout on horseplayers.

Yup! I agree with you Dean on your post here. And...with purse cuts imposed by certain racetracks on some militant horsemen groups around the U.S. this year, I wonder if those same obstinate horsemen are still chanting "We'll show them!" at their rallies? THG and other militant horsemen groups are ignoring one basic univeral law...i.e. 'GIVE AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE', and are reaping the results of them ignoring that law...i.e. purse cuts, plus disdain from racetracks and bettors.

In my opinion, horsemen make enough money now in purses through regular track takeouts, slot machine revenue, and current ADW revenues. I wish as a bettor, I had multiple sources of revenue like that from my wagers...I'd be mighty thankful. Instead of being grateful and working to expand markets through collaboration and cooperation, certain horsemen groups and their constant whining and complaining just brings them nothing but the opposite results they're looking for. My advice to them...WAKE UP AND SEE THE LIGHT!

Sorry to get off track on this post...back to the topic...again, may PTC members show their support in a big way on the 2008 BREEEDERS CUP race days at Santa Anita.

T2W

startngate
10-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Actually, all outlets pay a much higher fee for the Breeders' Cup races, not just PTC.

Instead of a flat rate, the BC uses a formula that allows a few deductions (like pari-mutuel tax) and then divides the remaining takeout equally with the guest site. I'm guessing that makes the host fee north of 9%, and possibly 10% depending on what the blended takeout looks like for most outlets.