PDA

View Full Version : Bill, Barn & Blame

bigmack
10-03-2008, 01:55 AM
What happens when regular folk, who assumed the economy is the way it is because of Reps, start finding out Dems are equally, if not more to blame?

Will the rise in polls for BO as a result of staying out of it and encouraging people to continue assuming it's all the Reps fault, go downO?

bijtBkKQwY8

ElKabong
10-03-2008, 01:58 AM
I saw that, was classic tv. Finally someone calls out a criminal who allowed this crap to go on. I'm not a bor fan, but he got a thumbs up from me

JustRalph
10-03-2008, 02:29 AM
just when I think Bill O has jumped the shark............he pulls this one out of his hat.............. :lol: :lol:

nice work! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2008, 02:50 AM
I missed that one...thanks for posting it...can you believe Frank has the balls to claim Democrats were trying to stop sub-prime lending as far back as 1994? Multiple videos posted recently show proof they were stonewalling further oversight and trying to keep sub-prime lending going full steam as late as 2005 and beyond!

ddog
10-03-2008, 11:35 AM
What's really funny about all this to and fro is that as both of the clownish sides try to throw mud at the other, I have not heard anyone(I could have missed it) actually step up and say , Heh, I was here, I take my share of the "credit" for this stuff getting out of hand.

The only guy I have heard even make a passing attempt at it is the guy they all want to fire, Chris (kendoll) Cox.
That agency, with their relaxation of the leverage rules that were in place for 30 years or so due to the pleadings of Paulson and the other "BIG 5 BOYS" of the IB world in 2004 ..... well you have seen the first cut of that movie.

Funny , how all the "leaders" claim everyone should take responsibilty for their actions , yet now NONE of them seem to have acted????

Is that it, or are they not man enough to step up to the plate and take one?

And yet people still harp and obsess about elections at the Fed level.

Tom
10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
On BOR last night, one of the emails he got said that it was reprehensible to talk to a US senator like Bill did. :rolleyes:

Bill's comment was that he was a representative, not a senator. Was that OK? :lol:

bigmack
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Just gets uglier for Barn.

Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank’s partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie’s assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.

"If this had been his ex-wife and he was Republican, I would bet every penny I have - or at least what’s not in the stock market - that this would be considered germane," added Gainor, a T. Boone Pickens Fellow. "But everybody wants to avoid it because he’s gay. It’s the quintessential double standard."

...A top GOP House aide agreed.

"C’mon, he writes housing and banking laws and his boyfriend is a top exec at a firm that stands to gain from those laws?" the aide told FOX News. "No media ever takes note? Imagine what would happen if Frank’s political affiliation was R instead of D? Imagine what the media would say if [GOP former] Chairman [Mike] Oxley’s wife or [GOP presidential nominee John] McCain’s wife was a top exec at Fannie for a decade while they wrote the nation’s housing and banking laws."

Frank’s office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,432501,00.html

http://theonorth.com/wp-content/assets/barneyfrank.jpg

Tom
10-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Barney F also got a deal on an outhouse for Larry Craig. It seats two.

witchdoctor
10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I just caught a liittle of the House majority leader's comments after the bil passed yesterday. He said that the next thing that needs to happen is that we need to get to the bottom of the cause of the financial problems. Barney Frank and Henry Waxman would be leading the charge.

It seemed to me that would be like having John Gotti investigating if there was any organized crime in New York.

JustRalph
10-04-2008, 03:47 PM
A gross example of the long term media double standard in this country.

Tom
10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Those two chuckleheads can also keep an eye out for the real killers, for OJ.

ElKabong
10-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Barney Frank's "love interest" is in question w/ the FANNIE MAE fiasco...

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,432501,00.html

Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank’s partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie’s assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.

pandy
10-05-2008, 07:50 AM
It amazes me that they'd put a putz like Frank in charge of anything. First of all, the guy has a law background, why is he in a position that requires business acumen? And why isn't he getting fired? Below is part of an article that appeared on Fox News.com.

Although Frank now blames Republicans for the failure of Fannie and Freddie, he spent years blocking GOP lawmakers from imposing tougher regulations on the mortgage giants. In 1991, the year Moses was hired by Fannie, the Boston Globe reported that Frank pushed the agency to loosen regulations on mortgages for two- and three-family homes, even though they were defaulting at twice and five times the rate of single homes, respectively.

Three years later, President Clinton’s Department of Housing and Urban Development tried to impose a new regulation on Fannie, but was thwarted by Frank. Clinton now blames such Democrats for planting the seeds of today’s economic crisis.

"I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was president, to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac," Clinton said recently.

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Can you guys IMAGINE, for just one moment, how different the coverage would be of this "financial nightmare" if, say the various roles here were REVERSED?

Let's say, Barney Frank were a Republican...and Mssrs. Raines and Johnson were advising McCain! Let's also say it was the Democrats looking for more oversight on Fannie and Freddie five years ago, and Republicans were the ones in those videos exclaiming "all is well," while pocketing the lobbyist cash in earnest. How would the MSM be covering this story.

How much would Hcap and Secretariat and Suff be posting about the proof that Republicans are pure evil?

Boys and girls, the whole entire system is BROKEN. People's thought patterns are BROKEN. Morals are BROKEN. It's all BROKEN.

RaceBookJoe
10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Can you guys IMAGINE, for just one moment, how different the coverage would be of this "financial nightmare" if, say the various roles here were REVERSED?

Let's say, Barney Frank were a Republican...and Mssrs. Raines and Johnson were advising McCain! Let's also say it was the Democrats looking for more oversight on Fannie and Freddie five years ago, and Republicans were the ones in those videos exclaiming "all is well," while pocketing the lobbyist cash in earnest. How would the MSM be covering this story.

How much would Hcap and Secretariat and Suff be posting about the proof that Republicans are pure evil?

Boys and girls, the whole entire system is BROKEN. People's thought patterns are BROKEN. Morals are BROKEN. It's all BROKEN.

Your website would explode from video overload, copies of polls , and memories of the clinton golden years when they all made fortunes. rbj

ddog
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM

Let's say that people could/would see past the parties and realize there is not a dime's worth of difference to them. Not for many many years anyway.

Let's say that there were Dims calling for Fan/Fre regs. There were.

Let's say that the avg person paid any attention to the warnings even though they were "making money" from the scams. They didn't want to as eveidened on this very board.

Let's say that things that are said from all sides don't hold much water.
They don't.
Let's say that what is done or not done counts.
It does.

You see , from time to time , the various roles WERE reversed!
Still, we find ourselves here.
Amazing ain't it.

trying2win
10-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm not a big fan of Bill O'Reilly, because I think he's too arrogant and bigoted etc. However, in this video of him ranting against Barney Frank...l agree with Bill. Good for you Bill, on raking Barney Frank over the coals. :ThmbUp:

On a recent Glenn Beck TV program, Glenn was asking about accountability in this Wall Street meltdown. Glenn Beck talked about some executives from a few years ago from ENRON and WORLD COM going to jail. If I remember correctly, the losses from investments in those two companies were a few billion. Weren't the losses in the recent Wall Street meltdown in the trillions of dollars? So, Glenn Beck was asking the question...How come none of the perpetrators in the latest Wall Street meltdown are going to jail? I was asking the same question to myself before his TV program aired.

It appears this U.S. financial scandal has had a rippling effect across the global financial markets. As a retired Canadian, one of my retirement accounts has lost thousands of dollars lately, even with lots of diversification. That's an account I can access online. The other retirement account statement will be arriving in the mail this month. No doubt more thousands of dollars of losses will be revealed in this second retirement account.

In my opinion, more U.S. Government officials and Wall Street banking tycoons need to be investigated and raked over the coals for this U.S. sub prime mortgage scandal. Better still, I think some of these people should be fined heavily and sent to jail. Plus, the golden parachutes awarded some of these incompetent, or shady, or greedy individuals (or a combination of all three of those things) should be seized from them and returned to the U.S. treasury and investors. I want to see some justice done!

I know my retirment accounts will recover, as they have in past financial market meltdowns. It's just going to take some time. How long it will take? That's anybody's guess.

T2W

Tom
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
We need a special prosecutor to investigate independently. People in elected office belong in prison. Bush has no balls - he will ignore the American people yet again and go skipping off to la la land as he always does, the jerk.

This is why I advocate a million+ march on DC to demand action (among other things :rolleyes: ) or a nationwide strike to shut down the country until we get the dopes to listen up. Hell, half the country is already on strike.