PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk Oct 2

Sea Biscuit
10-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Lets get back to posting picks. Had some distractions do deal with if you know what I mean.

Race 2 #6 Illusionsndreams. Playback horse from last week. Made a break in his last outing. If he can get to the top he is home free.

Race 6. #5 Terra Cotta Bay. Throw his last race out at the 1/2 mile track. If you are 8th at 3/4 pole at Flamboro you are dead on the short stretch. Made a good race on Sept 11 when he came from behind in extremely slow fractions to get up for second. He is a little green but I will take my chances with at 4-1 or better.

Race 8 #5 Westway. Ran some brisk front end fractions with a 25.3 first quarter. You rarely see such a first quarter in open quality races. W/P
Mr Beelby who claimed this horse two races back is a good trainer with .302 average.

Race 9 #6 Onherwaykillean. Best bet for the night. She has been knocking at the door for Cassie Coleman. Her last two were big efforts considering the slow up front fractions. Tonite is her nite. 3/2 would be a good bet but I doubt I will get that much. I have been wrong before however.

Race 10. #7 Sauble LT. A horse that comes from off the pace. Was really hurt by the slow 3/4 time which #9 How is Kathy through at him in his last outing. How is Kathy figures to lead the charge.Will she get lucky again with the fractions only time will tell. 6-1 or better odds W/P.

Race 11 April Three. last chance at this level before she moves up. Probable favorite.

Good Luck to all.

LottaKash
10-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey Biscuit, good to see you back posting your picks again.......

Yes, it has been quite a hoot around here lately, Too Funny actually......Love it....

best,

the clocker
10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Sea...are your selections the same with the slop tonight?

LottaKash
10-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Yo, it is pretty messy out there tonite........:eek:

best,

mrroyboy
10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Is it just me or is it raining much more often back East. It seems like almost everyday Yonkers Chester and some other tracks are sloppy. What is it moonsoon season or something?

the clocker
10-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I think it's a fall cold front going through....look for the off track winners in the Platinum Programs through TrackMaster.....sometimes a good long one jumps out at you....

LottaKash
10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Is it just me or is it raining much more often back East. It seems like almost everyday Yonkers Chester and some other tracks are sloppy. What is it moonsoon season or something?

Yeah Roy, there has been a lot of nasty weather up that-away lately............:confused:

best

Sea Biscuit
10-03-2008, 01:16 AM
I had a big big night guys.I had the 3rd race Tri for $8228 and I also had the 5th race super for $1100. Oops sorry guys I thought I was Hurricane Joe himself for a second. Must be having multiple personalities myself.

Now back to reality. Last night was probably the sloppiest night of the season. On a good note my best bet of the night (Race 9) went off at an incredible 7/2 and paid $9.40. And I thought 3/2 would have been a good price for this horse. Go figure. I almost did not bet the race because it was paying so much but in the end better sense prevailed.

Race 2 #6 Illusionsndreams. Playback horse from last week. Made a break in his last outing. If he can get to the top he is home free.

Result Race 2 As expected with these two year old trotters, she broke before the race went off and got a refund.

Race 6. #5 Terra Cotta Bay. Throw his last race out at the 1/2 mile track. If you are 8th at 3/4 pole at Flamboro you are dead on the short stretch. Made a good race on Sept 11 when he came from behind in extremely slow fractions to get up for second. He is a little green but I will take my chances with at 4-1 or better.

Result Race 5 #5 Terra Cotta Bay went off at an underlaid price of 2-1 favorite and finished nowhere

Race 8 #5 Westway. Ran some brisk front end fractions with a 25.3 first quarter. You rarely see such a first quarter in open quality races. W/P
Mr Beelby who claimed this horse two races back is a good trainer with .302 average.

Result Race 8 MacDonald thought his pants were on fire and took Kirby lad to a 55.4 half in the big slop with Westway desperatly trying to follow in the 2 hole. The closers made hay while the sun shined.

Race 9 #6 Onherwaykillean. Best bet for the night. She has been knocking at the door for Cassie Coleman. Her last two were big efforts considering the slow up front fractions. Tonite is her nite. 3/2 would be a good bet but I doubt I will get that much. I have been wrong before however.

Result Race 9 #6 Onherwaykillean won and paid $9.40

Race 10. #7 Sauble LT. A horse that comes from off the pace. Was really hurt by the slow 3/4 time which #9 How is Kathy through at him in his last outing. How is Kathy figures to lead the charge.Will she get lucky again with the fractions only time will tell. 6-1 or better odds W/P.

Result Race 10 #7 Sauble LT made a break at the start and finished nowhere.

Race 11 April Three. last chance at this level before she moves up.
probable favorite.

Result Race 11. April Three Made a break at the start. Some horses just can't race in the slop with the goo sticking to their feet. He went off as the postime favourite $1.75 to 1.

LottaKash
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey Biscuit, Goopy nite last nite ?

I followed you lead on the last 3 of your picks last nite, the Killean job was nice especially at the $9 number, but what wazzup wit dose last 2 runners, it seemed as if there was some kind of whammy put on us...haha......2 consecutive X's...a bit demoralizing to say the least.....oh well.......Better doings tonite ?......

GL

best,

Sea Biscuit
10-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey Biscuit, Goopy nite last nite ?

I followed you lead on the last 3 of your picks last nite, the Killean job was nice especially at the $9 number, but what wazzup wit dose last 2 runners, it seemed as if there was some kind of whammy put on us...haha......2 consecutive X's...a bit demoralizing to say the least.....oh well.......Better doings tonite ?......

GL

best,

They should have rated the track as muddy. It was that bad. In 11 races almost 20 horses broke. The horses certainly were not enjoying the going.

You have heard of the old saying "saved by the bell" In horse racing sometimes you are saved by the toteboard. I ended up playing race 8 and race 9 only.

The hurricane seem to have died down a little bit today.

My best to you.

LottaKash
10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=
The hurricane seem to have died down a little bit today.

My best to you.[/QUOTE]

The Hurricane will be back, can't be helped.....just resting.....

best,

LottaKash
10-03-2008, 03:23 PM
OR....might be writing another book....if started last nite, should be done by tonite.........:D

best.

Sea Biscuit
10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
OR....might be writing another book....if started last nite, should be done by tonite.........:D

best.

You are funnnny LK. You really are:lol:

LottaKash
10-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Titled....."If ANY driver wins..I Lose".........yuk yuk......:jump:

best,

Sea Biscuit
10-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Titled....."If ANY driver wins..I Lose".........yuk yuk......:jump:

best,

He is supposed to be 39 years old this coming January. So he must have written all those 15 books in the year 2008.

Wonder what he was doing the first 37 years of his life.

mrroyboy
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I would guess a mental institution but that's just a guess!!!

LottaKash
10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
He is supposed to be 39 years old this coming January. So he must have written all those 15 books in the year 2008.

Wonder what he was doing the first 37 years of his life.

Food for thought, huh ?.....

best,

LottaKash
10-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey Roy, Too Funny......:jump:

best to you Roy,

botster
10-03-2008, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=Sea Biscuit]Lets get back to posting picks. Had some distractions do deal with if you know what I mean.

You hit the nail on the head biscuit.Too many everyday distractions already to start focusing in on on some proclaimed handicapping guru.

It was interesting watching him go down in flames.He was your basic chalk player. It would have been a good lesson, to some, to see how you CAN'T win betting this game.

Sea Biscuit
10-04-2008, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=Sea Biscuit]Lets get back to posting picks. Had some distractions do deal with if you know what I mean.

You hit the nail on the head biscuit.Too many everyday distractions already to start focusing in on on some proclaimed handicapping guru.

It was interesting watching him go down in flames.He was your basic chalk player. It would have been a good lesson, to some, to see how you CAN'T win betting this game.

Funny enough Bots. In his book Win Every Race, he preaches not to take anything less than 3-1 in an 8 horse field.

Yet he steadfastly bets obvious 50 cent horses and that too $40/20.

Amazing ain't it??