PDA

View Full Version : BC MAIDENS AND CLAIMERS

mountainman
10-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Can anyone recall either a maiden or a horse that had run for a tag winning a BC juvenile event?

jjtuttle131
10-02-2008, 01:49 PM
It would be easy enough to look-up. I'm almost positive that you could google that (as a question), and find the answer.

toetoe
10-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I remember Prized winning first-time-turf, but that's all I have.

jjtuttle131
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
And LURE.

falconridge
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't know if Outstandingly was technically a maiden when she took the inaugural Juvenile Fillies' in 1984, but I believe she'd never actually finished first in a pari-mutuel event (she might have been put up on a DQ) prior to going postward that afternoon at Hollywood Park. And she didn't finish first in the BC Fillies, either. Greybeards like me (and especially those who bet like me) will remember that that Walter Guerra-ridden daughter of Exclusive Native checked in half a length behind the PVal-piloted Fran's Valentine at the end of a roughly run mile-and-a-sixteenth. I had a few bucks on FV--at 74-1 :faint: --but, fortunately, a few more on Outstandingly :jump: , which, if memory serves, payed $47 and change after Valenzuela's mount was DQ'd and placed last for mugging Pirate's Glow and causing that filly to knock Bessarabian off stride.

Tom
10-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Lure won fist time turf in the BC?????

juanepstein
10-02-2008, 04:01 PM
cigar maybe?

cant remember if he was in for a tag when he was stinkin up the turf at santa anita. i know they were gonna send him back east to run on the turf out there but someone suggested they should try him on the dirt im thinking corey black and the rest is history.

cj
10-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Lure won fist time turf in the BC?????

No...I think it was his 3rd turf start. It definitely was not his first.

Of course there have been several first time on dirt winners. Now we have a new category...first time rubber.