PDA

View Full Version : Biden will win the debate by how much?

dav4463
10-02-2008, 12:49 AM
I predict the polls and media will say Biden won by 70% to 20% with about 10% not sure. They will then predict that this debate will increase Obama The Chosen One's lead over McCain to double-digits.

It doesn't matter what the candidates say or do; this will be the result. It's predetermined. Biden could fall backwards behind the podium because he showed up drunk and he would still win.

The media already has laid out their talking points. Biden is more experienced and better informed. Palin doesn't know anything about foreign policy. Biden was more Vice-Presidential looking while Palin looked like she was in over her head.

I guarantee this will be the result of the debate and they haven't even done it yet.

NJ Stinks
10-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I predict the polls and media will say Biden won by 70% to 20% with about 10% not sure. They will then predict that this debate will increase Obama The Chosen One's lead over McCain to double-digits.

It doesn't matter what the candidates say or do; this will be the result. It's predetermined. Biden could fall backwards behind the podium because he showed up drunk and he would still win.

The media already has laid out their talking points. Biden is more experienced and better informed. Palin doesn't know anything about foreign policy. Biden was more Vice-Presidential looking while Palin looked like she was in over her head.

I guarantee this will be the result of the debate and they haven't even done it yet.

Dave, you've really got to turn Rush off once in a while. :p

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Dave, you've really got to turn Rush off once in a while. :pThis was an incredibly insightful contribution. Thank you so much for your part in helping keep off-topic interesting and exciting.

dav4463
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Dave, you've really got to turn Rush off once in a while. :p

I don't need Rush to see the future. A pro-Obama moderator; a media that has done nothing but attack Palin since day one. The writing is on the wall.

Jake
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Palin will do very well tonight. This is not a debate, it's a Q and A. She will be well prepared and will do a nice job. This crap about the moderator is just crap. Stand both of the candidates up and let them talk for a while. Biden is the landmine here, in my opinion, because he gets off message so often. But Palin will be just fine at this.

Tom
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Of course the outcome is predetermined. No matter what really happens, the mainstream drive by media will report only what meets their agendas.
Assume that the current polls are correct with Obama leading by 7 points...that tells me there are lot of morons out there and will be dazzled by the head moron, Biden.

RaceBookJoe
10-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I dont think I have ever seen reporting any more biased ever.....not even espn's lovefest for the cowboys or patriots last year. Everyone seems hypnotized with obama, and look past any faults. When any of his faults are mentioned, the first words out of the hypnotized is always 'look what bush has done'. Must be some damn good koolaid. rbj

Marshall Bennett
10-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Most of the popular talk shows have brought on media big wigs ( Sawyer being the latest on Regis & Kelly ) to stink up the political arena , mostly attacking Palin as the debate nears . They're pulling out all the stops . Obama's doing practically nothing to assure victory in November , doesn't need to .

boxcar
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't need Rush to see the future. A pro-Obama moderator; a media that has done nothing but attack Palin since day one. The writing is on the wall.

But the ddog is really illiterate. He has an excuse for not being able to read the writing.

Boxcar

ddog
10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
you seem over wrought with concern for me.
Let it go.
Come into the light little one.

:lol:

ddog
10-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh, and only losers from this continuing fraud.

ratings should be good though.

$$$$$$$$$
:faint:

boxcar
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
you seem over wrought with concern for me.
Let it go.
Come into the light little one.

:lol:

Quit flattering yourself. Don't confuse "concern" with mere observations.

Boxcar

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 02:59 PM
All Palin has to do is string together two or three coherent sentences and she'll be seen as doing well.

If Biden is smart, he will address Palin directly exactly once, right at the beginning, to mention how much he respects her and her service to her country. And then he should pretend she is not there.

rastajenk
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Sarah should ask the moderator to sign her advance copy of the moderator's book, for all the world to see.

Tom
10-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Biden has trouble giving direct, concise answers. 90 seconds won't allow him enough time to throw in all his lies and racist/feminist comments. He will have to really speak fast to insult enough people and make a total fool of himself, as is his usual.

Frankly, I think Sara has done just fine in all her interviews, considering she is not experienced in expecting to be asked serious, relevant questions and then getting hit with the moronic, asinine questions she got fro the wizz kids from "network news." She came away looking like an intelignet, professional person trying to control a kindergaden class. I wonder if she changed Katie's diaper after that interview! (or Gibson's motorman's helper) :lol::lol::lol:

Frankly, the last time I saw Biden in a debate, I thought the podium won.

ArlJim78
10-02-2008, 03:28 PM
"Stand up chuck! oh god, what am I talkin about? god love ya chuck."

ArlJim78
10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
i wonder whose speeches ole joe will be "borrowing" from this year?

is Neil Kinnock still active?

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
If Sarah is smart she will be in uber-partisan, uber-acrimonious attack mode. She is good at that, and if she sticks to it, she will do well.

ArlJim78
10-02-2008, 03:39 PM
If Sarah is smart she will be in uber-partisan, uber-acrimonious attack mode. She is good at that, and if she sticks to it, she will do well.
that's my opinion as well. if she can get under Joe's skin a bit it could get interesting.

i say, you're down in the polls Sarah, time to let fly!

oddsmaven
10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Just heard from Dan Quayle...he is deeply insulted that this snarky bum from Alaska is often being compared to him ;) .

ArlJim78
10-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Dan Quayle was a decent VP. Sarah will be better!:lol:

Secretariat
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I think Palin will do well. The expectations are so low that all she has to do is show up, be pleasant and spout some of McCain's positions, and she'll do fine. Especially if asked about field dressing a moose.

dav4463
10-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm about to give up. I'm almost ready to bow down before our new "god".....barack obama.....our savior.

if he doesn't get in.....we will be called racist so America can't win anyway.

if McCain/Palin win.....the media will let loose the dogs and the Bush criticism will seem tame in comparison. There will be a new Public Enemy 1 and 1a. McCain and Palin will get attacked by every leftist group in this country. No one will listen to them because they will be too busy attacking them.

Being president is tough if the media doesn't like you.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2008, 06:28 PM
if McCain/Palin win.....the media will let loose the dogs and the Bush criticism will seem tame in comparison. There will be a new Public Enemy 1 and 1a. McCain and Palin will get attacked by every leftist group in this country. No one will listen to them because they will be too busy attacking them. I don't agree with this prediction. A win by McCain/Palin will serve only to further invalidate the left's claim that they are now the voice of the people.

wonatthewire1
10-02-2008, 06:35 PM
I dont think I have ever seen reporting any more biased ever.....not even espn's lovefest for the cowboys or patriots last year. Everyone seems hypnotized with obama, and look past any faults. When any of his faults are mentioned, the first words out of the hypnotized is always 'look what bush has done'. Must be some damn good koolaid. rbj

that's what happens when one has been bushwacked!

:eek:

Indulto
10-02-2008, 06:57 PM
All Palin has to do is string together two or three coherent sentences and she'll be seen as doing well.She will do much better than that, but will still have trouble with follow-up questions. The moderator had better follow up with both debaters as strongly as possible.If Biden is smart, he will address Palin directly exactly once, right at the beginning, to mention how much he respects her and her service to her country. And then he should pretend she is not there.He has to strike a balance. Otherwise, he will offend some women.If Sarah is smart she will be in uber-partisan, uber-acrimonious attack mode. She is good at that, and if she sticks to it, she will do well.I'm afraid you're right about her coming on like a wolverine. Biden had better be able to contain himself, and merely point out the fallacy of her charges as he should be prepared to do.

He must be very careful to never initiate criticism at Palin, only at McCain.

bigmack
10-02-2008, 07:27 PM
merely point out the fallacy of her charges as he should be prepared to do.

He must be very careful to never initiate criticism at Palin, only at McCain.
Fallacy of what charges? Has the debate taken place and I missed it?

dutchboy
10-02-2008, 07:27 PM
If she cannot remember a newspaper of magazine she has read how would she ever remember talking points?

I think Palin will do well. The expectations are so low that all she has to do is show up, be pleasant and spout some of McCain's positions, and she'll do fine. Especially if asked about field dressing a moose.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2008, 08:02 PM
If she cannot remember a newspaper of magazine she has read how would she ever remember talking points?Screw Couric and her insulting demand that Palin name newspapers that she reads. What kind of bullshit is this?

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Screw Couric and her insulting demand that Palin name newspapers that she reads. What kind of bullshit is this?

What makes it an insulting question?

Answer: The fact she so badly mangled it.

I know, I know, has anyone ever asked Biden what he reads? Probably, 20 years ago, and he named a newspaper and a magazine, probably rambled for 20 minutes, so nobody gives a shit. Of course if you ask that question and the person spews nonsense and flashes the deer in the headlights look it gonna get followed up on.

It's her ridiculous answers that are getting the attention, the questions are just stupid inane questions, the same stupid inane questions all politicians deal with regularly.

If Katie Couric can check mate you on a question like "What newspapers do you like"...YOU'VE got problems...not Couric.

I think it's hilarious.

Tom
10-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Ask Katie if she knows how to read! The ditz.

Hey, after the other three sold out America by voting for Porkfest '08, she is the ONLY one qualified to be president, IMHO.....Obama, McCain, Biden SOLD OUT AMERICA. The only vote any of them get from me is for deportation.

Hey Chick...here's a great question for all of them....what BILLS have you read lately, before signing them, especial ones that are pork-filled, sell out bills?

All this crap is a diversion - BOTH candidates sold out America and neither one of the POS's read the bill. No matter how bad anyone paints Sara, she towers above the three traitors....TOWERS. She has not sold us out.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2008, 08:16 PM
What makes it an insulting question?

Answer: The fact she so badly mangled it. Actually, after seeing Palin's response to the "what do you read" question for the first time the other day, I think Palin managed to throw it back into Couric's face pretty darn good...fumble or no fumble.

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Actually, after seeing Palin's response to the "what do you read" question for the first time the other day, I think Palin managed to throw it back into Couric's face pretty darn good...fumble or no fumble.

I guess....though there is something about being permanently at DefCon 5 so far as defensive posture all the time that usually invites the drilling.

If someone asks me what I read I'd probably just tell them, it wouldn't cross my mind that I needed to throw it back in their face. I wouldn't take that question as a slight, I'd take it as a good chance to give props to whatever media I happen to like.

"I read whateva the hell I want!! I read everything!! Take that biyatch!!"

That's definately more lively than my answer would be, it just wouldn't occur to me.

Marshall Bennett
10-02-2008, 08:50 PM
No win situation . Had she named a publication she would have been shot for making an endorsement . Sounds like Couric was setting her up , the entire interwiew was probably a set up .

Tom
10-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Is everyone missing the real joke here?

Katie Couric is a network ANCHOR??????

The joke is on us....the news media is an embarrassment. Every debate so far has been a joke. How dumb does this need to get to get ratings?

ArlJim78
10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
not only that, but Couric has lead CBS into the basement of ratings. the once proud CBS news network, that dominated ratings for years, is now pulling in numbers lower than Fox News! a cable channel.

Tom
10-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Jim, SNL's Weekend Update just passed cBS news! :lol::lol::lol:

ElKabong
10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Don't look now, but Sarah is f'n awesome up there in the early going.

Tampa Russ
10-02-2008, 09:21 PM

I wish it was not the case, but me thinks she's toast.

ArlJim78
10-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Jim, SNL's Weekend Update just passed cBS news! :lol::lol::lol:
Maybe Tina Fey will replace Couric.:D

Tom
10-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Awesome in the mid going as well.
She is on her game tonight. Joe looks pretty lame with most of his answers.
A tired old man playing he said she said.
Sara has hit Joey boy with a lot of own changed positions.
An hour into it, she has kept him on the defensive.

When does the fake heart attack happen? :lol::lol::lol:

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Sarah is doing well enough, neither of them have really blundered terribly as of yet.

Between Bidens presumably fake verklemptness a minute ago (which was a mistake either way), and her annoying accent and perkiness, I had to turn it off.

Dave Schwartz
10-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I must be nuts... or else I was watching a different channel. I thought he kicked her ass like 80-20.

He hammered home point after point while she was winking at the camera.

Maybe I am missing something because I thought McCain did much better than Obama last week and nobody agreed with me then either.

Dave

ElKabong
10-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Awesome in the mid going as well.
She is on her game tonight. Joe looks pretty lame with most of his answers.
A tired old man playing he said she said.
Sara has hit Joey boy with a lot of own changed positions.
An hour into it, she has kept him on the defensive.

When does the fake heart attack happen? :lol::lol::lol:

She certainly held her own, even delivered the line of the nite (Say it ain't so, Joe. There ya go again).

She should have been on shows like Hewitt and Miller for the past 3 weeks. People need to hear her w/o edited and spliced nonsense SeeBS ran out in interview #1.

She's set the the tone.....again. Game is ON, down the stretch we come.

Me like it.....A LOT

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I must be nuts... or else I was watching a different channel. I thought he kicked her ass like 80-20.

You're setting the bar too high Dave, all she had to do was not speak in tongues at any point to win.

jognlope
10-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I like Joe Biden. He's objective, detailed, don't know how much he really cares for the working poor. I feel bad for his personal losses. But Palin did great, I liked her statement to Biden "they'll be a place in heaven" for his wife the teacher. She made me proud. I want to see Katie's face tomorrow night on the news...

Tom
10-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Dave, take two aspirin and call RUSH in the morning! ;)

Seriously, I thought she won, but I give Joe credit...he made some valid points, and he didn't screw up, much to my surprise. I did agree with him on Darfur 100%. He acted professional, but I thought more on defense than offense. MY take. Hats off to both...it was a far better debate than the top two sell outs had.

The tipping point for me was that in the back of my mind, was that I kept thinking, "Which one of these two sold out America last night?"

The moderator, I was totally wrong about her. She did nothing I though unfair or biased. I missed the boat on her by a mile. Apologies to her...

Marshall Bennett
10-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I thought she started slow but she seemed to get stronger and better as the night wore on . I actually thought they both did okay .

Tampa Russ
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM

He hammered home point after point while she was winking at the camera.

Maybe I am missing something because I thought McCain did much better than Obama last week and nobody agreed with me then either.

Dave

Have to agree with you Dave. I don't think this one was even close.

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 10:52 PM

Seriously, I thought she won, but I give Joe credit...he made some valid points, and he didn't screw up, much to my surprise. I did agree with him on Darfur 100%. He acted professional, but I thought more on defense than offense. MY take. Hats off to both...it was a far better debate than the top two sell outs had.

The tipping point for me was that in the back of my mind, was that I kept thinking, "Which one of these two sold out America last night?"

The moderator, I was totally wrong about her. She did nothing I though unfair or biased. I missed the boat on her by a mile. Apologies to her...

Nice post Tom :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I knew Palin wasn't going to puke, pass out, or speak in tongues like everyone else thought she would.

With that said, she sure allowed Biden to hammer McCain way too often. Of course, that was Biden's plan all along, and it would have been nice if she would have used a little more "pit bull" in defending her leading man.

banacek
10-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Nice post Tom :ThmbUp:

Ditto from me, Tom.

HUSKER55
10-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Brokaw and Ferrario both said Sarh did very well and held her own and delivered what she was supposed to.

Were you talking to my good buddy "Jack Daniels' tonight maybe. After a while things get blurred together. He has no conscience in that regard. He thinks it is funny. I try to tell him otherwise but he won't listen.:D

husker55

:)

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 11:03 PM
With that said, she sure allowed Biden to hammer McCain way too often. Of course, that was Biden's plan all along, and it would have been nice if she would have used a little more "pit bull" in defending her leading man.

I wouldn't worry about it, by not puking, or having a surprise baby on stage, she did much more for McCain than he himself has done these past two weeks, or has undone some of the damage he's taken on.

The most effective thing the Dems are using against them is the deregulation thing, in light of the current economic situation. That is the big hammer they're getting whacked over the head with, and they don't have a very effective answer right now. Unless that fundamentally changes, barring some kind of blowup in Obamaland, I don't think things are looking too great for McCain.

Greyfox
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Credit where credit is due.

5 weeks ago Palin was facing a very steep learning curve.
In reality Biden should have been able to totally hammer her.
He may have won on a few points, but this lady showed that she has come up the curve fast. In another 5 weeks, she might hammer him in a repeat go round.

Having said that, I think that I've just seen a female reincarnate of
Will Rogers. Very refreshing!! Well done Sarah!:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

magwell
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM
I dont like to say this...... but she got exposed tonight

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Palin did say I believe that there have been huge blenders on wall street, and huge blenders in Iraq....which does explain some of our difficulties. No one expects huge blenders. Or their cohorts, the predator lenders.

"Say buddy, want to borrow a raptor?"

bigmack
10-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I was distracted by the hair in her eye and was surprised she wasn't as well as it moved every time she blinked.

That fella that has those dial machines to gauge impressions had both D & R through the roof with several moments from her. Same fella afterward said "you WILL see a change in the polls after this".

I thought she did very well and can't see how anyone could see differently.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I dont like to say this...... but she got exposed tonightYes. Exposed as a competent debater, as opposed to the crap others were trying to force down our throats about her and her supposed lack of intelligence and lack of everything else.

dav4463
10-02-2008, 11:41 PM
She did awesome. If the polls show Biden winning handily; then they called nothing but Democrats.

Jake
10-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Tom,

I thought she did a great job. No surprise here. But Biden wins this, because I think more people will seen him as a potential president rather than Palin. Neither sold out America. Both are very proud of their place in this process. However, Biden answered the questions that were asked. Palin decided that she would chose to answer the questions she liked, and gave entirely different answers when she didn't like the question. That may not go unnoticed, although it might be too subtle for most listeners. But it speaks to a weakness in her, or more likely, too much coaching. They should really cut her loose, and let her rip. Biden impressed me precisely by refusing to rise to her baiting. Very disciplined here.

Final score. Palin gets a 3% bump in the national poll for the McCain campaign, well deserved. But long term, only affecting the conservative base, and not enough to turn this around. My guess is that the McCain camp will decide no more interviews with Palin going forward, because this will be their watermark. Bad decision by McCain, but consistent with his poor decision making during the last two months.

I mentioned earlier that the critcism of the moderator was crap. She doesn't play favorites, and that includes taking apart those with liberal views. I appreciate your comments here. I'm sure she would like to see Obama elected, and I think she should have been more forthcoming about her book before the debate--so the critcism was deserved- but I think she asks the right questions, regardless of whom is being questioned.

This was certainly more entertaining than the presidential debate. What does that signify? Are we in a bit of trouble here, no matter who wins? Easy answer.

chickenhead
10-02-2008, 11:51 PM
what were these Veep powers that haven't been fully explored that she plans on using?

I thought that was probably the one original thing said tonight. What was she talking about?

Indulto
10-03-2008, 12:08 AM
I think Palin finally managed to escape the SNL/Couric caricatures and came off as the intelligent, political public speaker Alaskans are probably more familiar with. She still doesn't impress me as presidential material at this point. I thought Biden won hands down, and the Democrat's ticket looks stronger than ever.

Overlay
10-03-2008, 12:21 AM
She certainly held her own, even delivered the line of the nite (Say it ain't so, Joe. There ya go again).

I noticed that the first thing she said to Biden as they were shaking hands before the debate even started was, "Do you mind if I call you Joe?" I guess she was setting up that line. (I wonder if she would have used it if he could have told her (without the mike picking it up), "As a matter of fact, I do mind, Governor." :D )

bigmack
10-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Biden misstatements:

1) McCain voted the same as Obama on the budget resolution that calls for tax increases on people making as little as $42,000. FALSE

2) Under Obama, the top tax rate will not be higher than it was under Reagan (28%). FALSE (they want to return it to the Clinton 39.5%)

3) It will take at least ten years to get oil from new production. FALSE

4) The Use of Force resolution (Iraq) was not a war resolution. FALSE

5) McCain voted the same way as Obama on funding the troops. FALSE

6) We spend as much in three weeks in Iraq as we have spent in seven years in Afghanistan. FALSE

7) Article I of the Constitution refers to the Executive Branch. FALSE

8) There is a windfall profits tax in Alaska. FALSE

9) Obama voted for a nuclear weapons resolution. FALSE

10) McCain opposed Clinton on Bosnia. FALSE

Jake
10-03-2008, 12:39 AM
I think Palin finally managed to escape the SNL/Couric caricatures and came off as the intelligent, political public speaker Alaskans are probably more familiar with. She still doesn't impress me as presidential material at this point. I thought Biden won hands down, and the Democrat's ticket looks stronger than ever.

Not to be too unkind here to Palin, it has always been about the swing voters. McCain knew this, and still choose to go to Palin. Biden will prove to be a strong choice, precisely because of his appeal to the swing voters. McCain could have won this if he had remained the old John McCain. Instead, he chose to listen to Bush advisors, and become some clone from the planet Bizarro.

Hell, I don't know, but I suspect McCain thought if he turned to the
conservative right, he might win this, so this is his endgame to play it like some "maverick" born-again conservative. The trouble is that his record belies everything about this, except for his war effort. But that's an negative with the swing vote, so no connection with independents. How can you run for President and be so stupid in personal judgement? Sorry, but the only way he win this election is because the polling is wrong because Obama is black. It could happen. Obama needs 10 points in the polls to be bullet proof. Short of that, this becomes a close electoral vote.

chickenhead
10-03-2008, 01:00 AM

Only because I was actually interested in this one as it's come up several times. This looks rather billish to me....with a bunch of funds....for the troops.....with a Nay by McCain. I guess Obama should make this vote by McCain the centerpiece of his campaign, since it's apparently such a mind blowing, dirty low down dog thing to do.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00126

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c110:5:./temp/~c110CtvMxd::

Overlay
10-03-2008, 01:10 AM
I noticed that the first thing she said to Biden as they were shaking hands before the debate even started was, "Do you mind if I call you Joe?" I guess she was setting up that line. (I wonder if she would have used it if he could have told her (without the mike picking it up), "As a matter of fact, I do mind, Governor." :D )

Come to think of it, was that a subtle use of gender to her advantage? What man is conditioned to say, "No" if an attractive woman asks him if he would mind her calling him by his first name? If Palin were a man in a similar situation, and had never met Biden before the debate, would the question even come up? I would think that they would address each other by title (unless they had served in the Senate together, for example).

Sailwolf
10-03-2008, 01:24 AM
I was distracted by the hair in her eye and was surprised she wasn't as well as it moved every time she blinked.

That fella that has those dial machines to gauge impressions had both D & R through the roof with several moments from her. Same fella afterward said "you WILL see a change in the polls after this".

I thought she did very well and can't see how anyone could see differently.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/02/politics/horserace/entry4497035.shtml

Sailwolf
10-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Come to think of it, was that a subtle use of gender to her advantage? What man is conditioned to say, "No" if an attractive woman asks him if he would mind her calling him by his first name? If Palin were a man in a similar situation, and had never met Biden before the debate, would the question even come up? I would think that they would address each other by title (unless they had served in the Senate together, for example).

http://gawker.com/5058440/palins-failed-cute-say-it-aint-so-joe

Sailwolf
10-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Brokaw and Ferrario both said Sarh did very well and held her own and delivered what she was supposed to.

Were you talking to my good buddy "Jack Daniels' tonight maybe. After a while things get blurred together. He has no conscience in that regard. He thinks it is funny. I try to tell him otherwise but he won't listen.:D

husker55

:)

http://www.salon.com/opinion/walsh/election_2008/2008/10/03/palin_flubs/

bigmack
10-03-2008, 01:41 AM
This looks rather billish to me....with a bunch of funds....for the troops.....with a Nay by McCain. I guess Obama should make this vote by McCain the centerpiece of his campaign, since it's apparently such a mind blowing, dirty low down dog thing to do.
If you dig deeper you'll see something about a typical partisan "we agree to the funds but we want a timetable" and cats balking at the insertion of a clock. Story is old with little in the way of stickem.

What do you make of this woman who appears so idiotic and puts in a performance like that? Assuming she's idiotic, as I gather you believe from your multiple posts to that effect.

chickenhead
10-03-2008, 02:07 AM
If you dig deeper you'll see something about a typical partisan "we agree to the funds but we want a timetable" and cats balking at the insertion of a clock. Story is old with little in the way of stickem.

Exactly. The exact same bill. The exact same troops. The exact same funds. McCain votes for it without a timetable. Obama votes for it with a timetable. Somehow that equate to Obama turned down funding for the troops, McCain did not. Okie Doke. That's strong stuff you're bringing to the table Mack, I've glad to see you're keeping you're cred intact.

Assuming she's idiotic, as I gather you believe from your multiple posts to that effect.

Yes I believe she's an idiot, I've told you that several times...you don't have to gather jack. She spewed non-sensical jibberish for hours on end in interviews. Any follow up, any attempt to delve, revealed just further layers of jibberish. Anyone wants to dispute that it was jibberish, please do.

Tonight, she very tightly repeated her talking points. She did a good job of that. Just don't ask her a follow up. Or for an example.

JustRalph
10-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Sailwolf, A CBS news poll?

What, you couldn't find one conducted in Obama's Grandmothers hut ?

bigmack
10-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Okie Doke. That's strong stuff you're bringing to the table Mack, I've glad to see you're keeping you're cred intact.
Keep diggin', McC encourages Bush to veto the bill. Timeline.

Strong stuff? Are you hitting the strong stuff? You're the one who singled that out from the list posted. You think it's weak? I can live with that.

"Cred" - That's catchy, I'll have to use it sometime.

She spewed non-sensical jibberish for hours on end in interviews. Any follow up, any attempt to delve, revealed just further layers of jibberish. Anyone wants to dispute that it was jibberish, please do.
I's a big fan of "put up the goods". Where can I see or read this non-sensical jibberish for hours on end?

chickenhead
10-03-2008, 02:31 AM
I will lighten my take possibly only in this regard, that it's possible she is just trying too hard. Lets just take one question that was asked of her recently:

What's your position on global warming? Do you believe it's man-made or not?

Now that's a perfectly legitimate question. One we've talked about here before quite a bit, with a whole bunch of different answers. Let's see what Palin said.

Palin: Well, we're the only Arctic state, of course, Alaska. So we feel the impacts more than any other state, up there with the changes in climates. And certainly, it is apparent. We have erosion issues. And we have melting sea ice, of course. So, what I've done up there is form a sub-cabinet to focus solely on climate change. Understanding that it is real. And...

Ok, so far so good, not meaningful in any way, but ok...

Couric: Is it man-made, though in your view?

So this is something we've all talked about privately and maybe publicly, just as normal people. We all have some take on this, right?

Palin: You know there are - there are man's activities that can be contributed to the issues that we're dealing with now, these impacts.

ok that is jibberish. Have you ever formed a sentence like that? Do you even have the imagination to?

I'm not going to solely blame all of man's activities on changes in climate.

That's good to know...I know most of what I do is not determined by the climate. More jibberish.

Because the world's weather patterns are cyclical. And over history we have seen change there. But kind of doesn't matter at this point, as we debate what caused it. The point is: it's real; we need to do something about it.

And for the topper, it doesn't matter what causes it, we just need to do something about it. That makes sense.

If someone said something this stupid to you in person, the question would never even come up as to whether they are an idiot. You would just assume that they had worn a helmet as a protective measure at some point in their earlier days. Especially if they repeated the same jibberish to multiple questions on a whole host of topics.

Now it's possible, I will concede, that she was just trying too hard to sound presidential, or to sound whatever....I will concede that. It's possible.

chickenhead
10-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Keep diggin', McC encourages Bush to veto the bill. Timeline.

You're the one who singled that out from the list posted. You think it's weak? I can live with that.

McCain is making that a central point in his campaign. YOU seemed to think it was important enough to bother posting an (erroneous) rebuttal to Biden calling him on it.

I only corrected you, because as always, I'm looking out for you. I don't want you posting erroneous, unattributed, unsubstantiated factoids.

So, Mr. Put Up the Goods, do your thing. Explain to me how Obama voting against the bill is different than McCain voting against the bill.

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2008, 02:59 AM
After Sailwolf's machine-gun style posts (a classic far-left TELL), I KNOW the left is feeling some Palin heat.

And now CH has to go back to the Couric interview for proof that Palin is "an idiot."

I now must conclude that Palin did better than I initially thought...maybe I need to watch the debate for a third time....

chickenhead
10-03-2008, 03:09 AM
And now CH has to go back to the Couric interview for proof that Palin is "an idiot."

It's funny, but the words haven't changed.

I think I've gone around with just about everyone here at one time or another. I've hammered Bush, I've defended Bush. I had serious doubts about whether we should go into Iraq, I defended the surge. I've argued with everyone from boxcar to hcap on a whole range of issues.

If she was a Democratic nominee, I'd be making the same posts. You wouldn't.

HUSKER55
10-03-2008, 03:10 AM
GOD DAMN AMERICA

Get past that. And Sarah does not snort coke!

jerk

dav4463
10-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Biden misstatements:

1) McCain voted the same as Obama on the budget resolution that calls for tax increases on people making as little as $42,000. FALSE

2) Under Obama, the top tax rate will not be higher than it was under Reagan (28%). FALSE (they want to return it to the Clinton 39.5%)

6) We spend as much in three weeks in Iraq as we have spent in seven years in Afghanistan. FALSE

And a CBS poll still says Biden won! Unbelievable! Just like I said it would.

bigmack
10-03-2008, 03:38 AM
I'm not going to solely blame all of man's activities on changes in climate.

That's good to know...I know most of what I do is not determined by the climate. More jibberish.

How are you reading that? Isn’t she (without much articulation) saying the single cause of “Global Warming” is not the result of our (man’s) activities? You know, like building a fire & driving a car or passing gas?

Palin: You know there are - there are man's activities that can be contributed to the issues that we're dealing with now, these impacts.

So. You don’t like her vocal affectation. Contributed should have been attributed. And it’s gibberish? Hours of gibberish? Sorry, gonna have to subtract some “cred” for that.

Little tale. I was involved in the music biz for a number of years. I could tell solid talent within 10 seconds of hearing a demo. Getting them to “settle into themselves” in the studio for the first few times was often a nightmare. In time, some got real comfortable. Others not so. Real talent sometimes took time to adjust to the "bright lights of fame".

I can dig that you’re on this “what an idiot” trip cause any fool could rattle off the names of 10 newspapers. Could you have boned up on material and stood on that stage tonight and given that performance? You could have tried. You probably would have ended up looked like an idiot.

We’re all idiots sometimes. I find it tough to ridicule others of something I know I can be from time to time. You don’t?

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2008, 05:02 AM
If she was a Democratic nominee, I'd be making the same posts. You wouldn't.If she was the Democratic nominee who also has been mistreated by the MSM and was looked upon as a serious underdog, I would say you're wrong in your assumption. I have an unending need to stick up for the current punching bags of the world.

This explains my defense of Bush, Lukas, Dutrow, Big Brown, etc. etc.

hcap
10-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Palin did much better than I expected. Much better than her disastrous interviews. Then again she danced around many substantial questions. Skilfully, but still danced.

Some snap polls. Too early to see if they are meaningful, but last weeks snap polls re: Obama/McCain were accurate. Later polls were in agreement, and McSames' numbers dropped further.

"Early Snap Polls: Biden Won Handily
By Greg Sargent - October 2, 2008, 11:14PM

The first round of snap polls give the debate to Joe Biden, by sizable margins.

CBS polled 473 uncommitted debate-watchers, and found that 46% say Biden won, 21% say Palin won, and 33% say it was a tie.

While both candidates saw their images improve, 98% saw Biden as "knowledgeable" after the debate, while only 66% saw Palin as knowledgeable, an admittedly high number, given what folks thought of her before tonight.

Meanwhile, CNN's poll of debate-watchers found that far more thought Biden did the best job in the debate (51%) than Palin did (36%).

And here's a really key number from CNN. While a startling 84% said Palin did better than expected, it still wasn't enough for her to clear her basic hurdle tonight: Only 46% said she's qualified to serve as president, up only four points from before the debate. And a clear majority, 53%, say she is not qualified.

Pace Cap'n
10-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Everyone is missing the most important poll of all...

Across the country, women are lining up to buy Sarah Palin shoes and Sarah Palin glasses, to the extent stores can't keep them in stock. And that was before the debate.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/12/sarah-palin (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/12/sarah-palins-style-sparks_n_126107.html)

chickenhead
10-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I'll tone down my rhetoric. And I apologize for taking a jab at Mike.

I may be too extreme in my reaction to her.

But "she's apparently an idiot" is closer to a logical response to the totality of what we've seen than "I want her runnin' things!". In my opinion.

(BM: In a private setting, with no need for "boning up", I have little doubt I know more about most of these issues than she does. I think you do too. It has nothing at all to do with the conclusion she comes to, whether I agree with her positions or not.)

Tom
10-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Chick.....idiots are running things now, so it's not a big leap to Sara. :eek::lol:
At least she winks at us.

ddog
10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
After Sailwolf's machine-gun style posts (a classic far-left TELL), I KNOW the left is feeling some Palin heat.

I now must conclude that Palin did better than I initially thought...maybe I need to watch the debate for a third time....

You are NOT serious, you mean to say you watched it twice ????

Ok, if you DID AND it really was a debate worthy of the name, give me one or two NEW ideas that either of the drones layed out in detail that could make a "change" , since that seems to be the mantra from all of the props 'er candidates now a days?

Ok, just one???
How's that for setting the bar low................

I scanned about 20 minutes of the thing and it was so lifeless that it may as well have been Ferraro and Quail up there.

Same ol same ol.

What's that deal about insanity again???

:rolleyes:

TurfRuler
10-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Republicans offer more of the same -- Monopoly economics. Look at the buyouts and failures in the private sector of business. Voodoo economic as the elderly Bush proclaimed. Greed and looking out for self is the foundation of capitalism and the presidents and chairman’s of the corporation are only looking out for their own self-interest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/opinion/02Cohen.html?_r=1&em&oref=slogin

Selected parts of this article:

“The lesson of the last eight years is this: when power is a passport to gamble, people can end up seriously broke or seriously dead.”

“The gamble involved going to war in Iraq at an estimated cost to date of about $700 billion (does that figure sound familiar?), while opting not to raise taxes but to lower them.”

“Remember Bush wanted to throw Social Security into the casino, too, by privatizing it!”

“I know one thing: this is no time for further gambling. John McCain rolled the dice on Sarah Palin. I’m grateful to Bob Rice of Tangent Capital for pointing out that the actuarial risk, based on mortality tables, of Palin becoming president if the Republican ticket wins the election is about 1 in 6 or 7.”

And the Legacy:

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/01/the-legacy/?em

TurfRuler
10-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Screw Couric and her insulting demand that Palin name newspapers that she reads. What kind of bullshit is this?

I read the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Winston-Salem Journal, Newsweek, Time. I use to read the Los Angeles Herald Examiner everyday when it was in publication. Oh but there are more, now that they are mostly on-line. Who but a dummy can't answer that question.

Marshall Bennett
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I read the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Winston-Salem Journal, Newsweek, Time. I use to read the Los Angeles Herald Examiner everyday when it was in publication. Oh but there are more, now that they are mostly on-line. Who but a dummy can't answer that question.
Just curious , were cameras on you with millions watching when you named these publications ? If so , would it even matter ? What have you got to lose ?

Greyfox
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Let's get concrete.

If this were a boxing match, Biden won on points.
He scored more frequently, but most of tallys were light jabs, feigns and footwork.
He has been preparing for this match for years, and he was not able to score a clear cut T.K.O. or Knock out.
Palin never scored as frequently, but the blows were heavier when landed.
That should tell us that Palin, with but a few weeks to ready for this main event, is a clear and present danger to challenge for the title.
Unfortunately, there won't be a rematch, but she would win it and the "rubber match" as well.

chickenhead
10-03-2008, 12:26 PM
It's not that I don't think she reads the papers, I'm sure she reads whatever the paper is in Anchorage, I'm sure you reads some Oil and Gas Monthly...the point is just answer the question. She's the average joe, "I'm straight talkin to ya', hun" candidate, yet she feels the need to go into super-defense mode when asked a simple question.

You don't want people to think you're stupid, don't say stupid things. Just answer the question. Something like:

I read the Anchorage Times. We're really proud of what a great paper they put together up there. I read Drill 'Em Deep Monthly, to stay up on the oil and gas happenings. I get the rest of my news from the news websites.

If you need a month of coaching to get that out, I have questions.

If authenticity is really your only claim, then try showing some.

Light
10-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Palin's only victory last night was that she did not meet the low expectations she has proved so capable of.Her inarticulate interviews such as not being able to name a Supreme court decision other than Roe V Wade, unable to name a specific magazine with which she keeps up with current events,and having to have McCain come to her rescue on contradicting him on Pakistan made for anticipated "Party"watching. Will she perform so stupidly again that even stupid people would say she's stupid? I'll give her credit,she is a source of entertainment.

She did duck several questions,repeatedly going back to a more comfortable topic.She kept trying to exude a folksy persona,and my niece found her winks annoying.

To Biden's credit,he answered the questions in a more substantial way. His experience showed in his answers and he was more specific. To his credit,Biden never made a reference to Palin's inexperience,unlike McCain's numerous attempts to belittle Obama on experience during their debate.

I dont think there is any doubt who won. Palin didn't repeat a disatrous interview,but she also did not say anything beside generalities. I think I counted 8 "corruption on wall street" slogans. Well,Duh!

ddog
10-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Let's get concrete.

He scored more frequently, but most of tallys were light jabs, feigns and footwork.
He has been preparing for this match for years, and he was not able to score a clear cut T.K.O. or Knock out.
That should tell us that Palin, with but a few weeks to ready for this main event, is a clear and present danger to challenge for the title.
Unfortunately, there won't be a rematch, but she would win it and the "rubber match" as well.

From some of the stuff I have seen on the Net today, your boxing match analogy needs one more point ,

First Palin knocked out the previous pug admin(her cornerman) and then turned to her opponent with a wink and a nod.
Sounds to me like she is pulling (maybe by accident?) a Hillary , defeat now for MY victory later scenerio?

You are not going to convince "down home folk" that all the people in DC for the last many years don't have a lot to do with what they see around them now.

That's bad for Mac no matter how much of maverick he tries to be.

It's hard to run against your own party and win.
maybe they can pull it off due to the distaste with Obama.

I will make a prediction, in any "leaning" or close state using a reliable poll(rassmussen i would pick) Obama leading by 5 points or less going into the vote will become a Mccain state on election night.

You heard it here first.

highnote
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
It's really too bad Obama didn't pick Hillary as his running mate. Wouldn't that have been a great debate -- Hillary and Sarah!

oddsmaven
10-03-2008, 01:43 PM
As I noted in JR's silly thread about Biden dropping out --- he would perform admirably and he did...the right recliners had him pegged as a non-stop gaffe machine...instead we saw him as he is...articulate & completely versed in the issues...no doubt he is one of the most respected senators on both sides of the aisle and liked on a personal level as well.

Then you have sarah palin...:eek: appears to have never followed national issues...she was heavily coached to repeat certain mantras which flew in the face of some of the actual questions...not much choice I guess when you are pretty shallow and can't address the topic coherently...I have neighbors that are down to earth and know some wonderful moms but none of them are fit to be national leaders...to some people, who are going to love the right-winger regardless of how inept they are, or to those that don't know or care much about issues, she's terrific...they like her "folksiness" - the shout-outs, the "betcha"s and the winks...frankly, those are embarrassing :blush: and undignified from a stature standpoint when seeking high national office...at least some conservatives like George Will are admitting that she is unqualified...the format with no real follow-up from the moderator spared her from being completely exposed...you will not see her on a program like Meet The Press as anyone in her position would be expected to handle, unless she is shamed into it; but she is so weak I'm pretty sure they'll duck at all cost.

dav4463
10-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Biden misstatements:

I'm still amazed that people are defending Biden when he made these misstatements!

WHY WON'T ANYBODY TALK ABOUT THIS??? If Palin lied or made misstatements....it would be ALL OVER the news today! :bang:

Secretariat
10-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Let's get concrete.

It was about what I expected.

Palin - rarely answered Ifil's questions, but launched into prepared canned topics unrelated to most of her questions. Got the commander's name wrong in Afghanistan. Repeated over and over she was a maverick which Biden ignored instead focusing on McSame. Her biggest gaffe I felt was defending Cheney's interpretation of the Constitution in terms of a VP's responsiblity. Biden crucified her in that answer and exposed how little she knows and how she'd run rough shod on the Constitution as Cheney has. Also , Biden got her to agree that she agreed with Obama-Biden's position on gay rights.

Biden - pretty much ignored Palin, and focused on McSame until he couldn't take the Maverick crap and annihilated McSame's non-Maverick record. That was a bunch of uppercuts. Also, when Palin seemed to infer Biden couldn't possibly understand average people's problems around the dinner table. Biden opened up about what it's like to deal with the death of your wife and child talking to his little boys around a dinner table. Palin didn't know how to respond.

CNN, CBS, NY Times, MSNBC, ABC all calling the debate for Biden. WAsn;t even close in terms of substantive discussion. She relied on folksiness, weird phrases, winking, and canned sloganism - (God, if I heard maverick one more time)

Frankly, I thought Palin did come off "folksy" ,but people voted for GW based on "folksy" and we see where that got us. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I don't think people will be fooled.

She's an attractive lady, but she is way over her head. It was a pretty dumb pick by McSame. He went for a gimmick pick rather than an experienced candidate. I'm telling you I'm glad he did not choose Kay Baily Hutchison. He could have still got a woman but one with years of experience, and comes across quite refined and knowedgeable, albeit conservatvie as hell. Palin's hockey mom enthusiasm will play to far right conservatives, but independents are going to look and say, "is this woman really qualified to handle America's problems?" Overwhelmingly in polls she is not scoring well with independents.

A rematch? I think she better focus on her problems in Alaska since her suit was not dismissed, and prosecution is going forward for abuse of power.

For those who like Palin's presidential wink, here's a link. Good state by state poll breakdown on page as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/03/uselections2008.sarahpalin3

"When it was over, Day clenched both fists in the air like a triumphant prize-fighter and screamed. "She survived, she survived." Even the Democrats in the room had to agree. Palin had survived -- doggone it."

Secretariat
10-03-2008, 05:23 PM
http://www.americablog.com/2008/10/reviews-are-in-biden-won.html

A pretty good collection of meia analysts quotes.

Even some FOX ones.

The last reference to Palins final quote was too weird to be beleived in context.

"TNR: Palin's final quote was from Ronald Reagan, warning that without vigilance, "you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children, and our children's children, what it once was like in America when men were free." In fact, Reagan was not warning about a general lack of vigilance about freedom, he was warning what would happen if Medicare was enacted."

Secretariat
10-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Interesting article from the KOS as reported on ABC on pretty significant Palin flub.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/3/84824/0108/623/618748

"Updated: ABC News: Palin flub on bankruptcy has McCain camp flailing

As anyone who has followed the foreclosure crisis closely knows, there is currently a loophole in federal bankruptcy law that allows John McCain to protect his second through seventh homes and yachts and planes if he were to declare bankruptcy, but doesn't allow you and me to save our primary residence that we live in. Barack Obama has called for closing this loophole, Joe Biden has called for closing this loophole, and John McCain has defended it to benefit his banker buddies.

So, of course, I was thrilled last night to see Joe Biden press the McPalin ticket on this really important policy distinction, when he suggested that the GOP ticket opposed this important protection for homeowners. When Gwen Ifill pressed Palin on this point of whether she was opposed, she denied it, saying, "No, that is not so."

ABC News has this story this bombshell story up on their Political Radar blog, and the McCain campaign is already backtracking and trying to spin away Palin's answer, but it's revealing a deeper truth."

lsbets
10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Umm, Sec - not to break you heart with your cut and paste talking points, but Biden was completely wrong with his answer on the VP and the constitution. I'll let you research and find out where, but its pretty easy to get.

delayjf
10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
She's an attractive lady, but she is way over her head.
He's an outstanding speaker, but in way over his head and should go back to community organizating - he is simple not a leader, another Jimmy Carter.

ArlJim78
10-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Biden's total is now up to 22 for lies, distortions, or just plain stupidity.
imagine if the exact same words that he said last night came out of Palins mouth. do you think there would be universal consensus in the MSM that Palin won because of her better grasp of the subjects? HA! they'd be all over her, it would be non stop coverage, there would be a countdown clock for her resignation. how can people be so biased?

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTVhMThlNjRkZGFlMmUwOWFkNDZkZjk0MzBiY2JiYmY

magwell
10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes. Exposed as a competent debater, as opposed to the crap others were trying to force down our throats about her and her supposed lack of intelligence and lack of everything else. Yes I stopped drinking that brand of whiskey, but I see you cant let it go, Stevie Wonder could have seen she was overmatched last night....

bigmack
10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Yes I stopped drinking that brand of whiskey, but I see you cant let it go, Stevie Wonder could have seen she was overmatched last night....
Could Stevie read the mistruths posted by ArlJim in the previous post? Overmatched :lol: :lol:

schweitz
10-03-2008, 06:19 PM

Some one who thought it was dumb-ass patronizing question and decided not to play that game.

toetoe
10-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Let's try, Alex.

1) Brown versus Board of Education.

2) Bakke versus U. C. Regents.

Um, uh ...

3) McEnroe versus Borg, 1980 U. S. Open.

4) Kramer versus Kramer.

5) Joe versus the Volcano.

How'm ah dewin, Mr. Koch ? :jump:

ddog
10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm still amazed that people are defending Biden when he made these misstatements!

WHY WON'T ANYBODY TALK ABOUT THIS??? If Palin lied or made misstatements....it would be ALL OVER the news today! :bang:

I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of it, but did Palin rebutt these lies in real time?
if not why not?

On the oil tax, what would you call the tax in Alaska that palin campaigned on?

What exactly would you name something that places a tax of 25 percent on a barrell after the expenses are cut out?

Here's a small blurb on how they do it... sure sounds like windfall profits tax scheme to me???

The tax is imposed on the net PROFIT earned on each barrel of oil pumped from state lands, AFTER deducting costs for production and transportation.
The tax is set at its highest rate in Prudhoe Bay, where the state takes 25 percent of the NET PROFIT of a barrel when its price is at or below $52.

The percentage then ESCALATES as oil prices rise over that benchmark

barks like a windfall quacks like a windfall , it must be a windfall.

Rookies
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Quote:

ok that is jibberish. Have you ever formed a sentence like that?

I certain Miss South Carolina once did... :lol:

ezrabrooks
10-03-2008, 11:38 PM
I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of it, but did Palin rebutt these lies in real time?
if not why not?

On the oil tax, what would you call the tax in Alaska that palin campaigned on?

What exactly would you name something that places a tax of 25 percent on a barrell after the expenses are cut out?

Here's a small blurb on how they do it... sure sounds like windfall profits tax scheme to me???

The tax is imposed on the net PROFIT earned on each barrel of oil pumped from state lands, AFTER deducting costs for production and transportation.
The tax is set at its highest rate in Prudhoe Bay, where the state takes 25 percent of the NET PROFIT of a barrel when its price is at or below $52.

The percentage then ESCALATES as oil prices rise over that benchmark

barks like a windfall quacks like a windfall , it must be a windfall.

I do not know anything about the State of Alaska's tax structure on oil and gas, and would guess that neither do you...but, if this is the total tax on production, so be it. The State of Texas taxes production based on approximately 7.5% on gas and 5% on oil, on the sales price of the product, regardless of the costs incurred with production. As the price of product increases..so do the taxes. If there is a windfall, it is shared by the producer and state. The Alaska tax structure sounds like just another severance tax...computed in a different way.

Ez

Pace Cap'n
10-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Quote:

I certain Miss South Carolina once did... :lol:

As did you.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Palin's hockey mom enthusiasm will play to far right conservatives, but independents are going to look and say, "is this woman really qualified to handle America's problems?"Man, you still don't get it.

Let me spell it out. All the PROFESSIONAL politicians in Washington, including JOE BIDEN and BARACK OBAMA and yes, JOHN MCCAIN have PROVEN ALREADY that they are UNQUALIFIED TO HANDLE AMERICA'S PROBLEMS.

If the founding fathers had thought it was SO IMPORTANT to have these somewhat vague "qualifications" that you seem to think are MISSING from Palin, they would have been spelled out in the Constitution when it came to being VICE PRESIDENT.

'Nuff said. Palin is just fine. As good as any other schmuck you or I want to see up there.

Stop giving us this horseshit, while Rome burns all around these so called "QUALIFIED" PROFESSIONAL politicians....

:puke:

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2008, 02:12 AM
if not why not?On more than one occasion, the moderator did not allow Palin to rebutt, even if she wanted to....it was time to move onto another question...

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Quote:

I certain Miss South Carolina once did... :lol:Try writing out some of Biden's responses in the debate. I've seen a few already written out, and indeed, more jibberish on that end too....

But, of course, you won't point that out...

dav4463
10-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Biden's total is now up to 22 for lies, distortions, or just plain stupidity.
imagine if the exact same words that he said last night came out of Palins mouth. do you think there would be universal consensus in the MSM that Palin won because of her better grasp of the subjects? HA! they'd be all over her, it would be non stop coverage, there would be a countdown clock for her resignation. how can people be so biased?

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTVhMThlNjRkZGFlMmUwOWFkNDZkZjk0MzBiY2JiYmY

How about when Biden thought FDR was president when the stock market crashed in '29? If Sarah said that, she would have been destroyed by the media.

rastajenk
10-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Or that business about kicking Hezbollah out of Lebanon, and not doing anything to fill some kind of void that never existed? What the hell was that about?

ArlJim78
10-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Or that business about kicking Hezbollah out of Lebanon, and not doing anything to fill some kind of void that never existed? What the hell was that about?
that has to be the biggest one. there is not one part of it that is true, it has no basis in reality.

and this guy won the debate? he's a foreign policy expert?
where was the follow-up question on that? why isn't there wall to wall coverage about his lack of fitness for higher office based on the fact he apparently hallucinates.

JustRalph
10-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Ole Joe thinks that the VP is only pres of the senate when there is a tie vote also..............not true..........

Steve 'StatMan'
10-04-2008, 09:59 AM
If Old Joe, who has been a Senator for over 2 decades, wants to stay away from the Senate until they need him to cast a tie-breaking vote, that's fine with me, but I can't imagine that happening. Chaney was a Senator for many years too. When there are things to discuss and work on, policies to shape and vote on, etc, I can't imagine ANY V.P. not being involved in discussions with Senators, esp. if the V.P. is a former Senator! Why would any V.P. want to have less influence in in the Senate than a G.D. Lobbyist?!!!

Overlay
10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Chaney was a Senator for many years too.

Cheney did have Congressional experience before becoming vice-president, but it was just in the House of Representatives (elected six times from Wyoming).