PDA

View Full Version : As a very basic rule of thumb.... A lesson worth staying disciplined too!

jjtuttle131
10-02-2008, 12:48 AM
As a very basic rule of thumb.... A lesson worth staying disciplined too!

I believe that we should put a "cap" on ourselves prior to ANY kind of gambling endeavors. Mine, is 700.00. My advanced bet (from last night at Northfield); amassed a grand total of 585.00. I was "down" -463.00 prior to the start of race 14. So, I opted to "take a shot" and try to "get even", or better; by making the following wager.... First, I think that all of you reading this post should see my actual verbiage some 5.5 hours in advance, of race 14.

"14TH RACE: #9 TAKE DOWN HALL- Decent DRIVER CHANGE (on #5 WOCKO THE BEAUT N ), and it wouldn't surprise me to see him beat my #9 horse. But, I'm truly NOT a "fence dweller". I recommend not taking anything under 9-5 on my selection, here."

I was originally going to simply play a 100.00 exacta box. And for the record, that would have yielded a profit of: +630.00. Additionally, it would have made me a 630.00-463.00 = +167.00 for the night. But, I opted for a chance at some "real cash" (since the supers have been paying great, lately), and I played the following wager...

all
all

It won and paid 1264.50-610.00 = +654.00 + the token/saver 10/10 that I had on the "FLYMASK HORSE" #3 in the 2nd; which I wrote a small post about. He paid 19.00/10.60 =148.00

TOTAL PROFIT FOR MY NIGHT: 654.00+148.00 = +802.00 And, had I not been so lucky; or if I had "missed" my 59/95; I still would have stayed under my own personal "cap".

Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle

LottaKash
10-02-2008, 01:25 AM
actual verbiage, wow

Sea Biscuit
10-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Wondering it loud. If the 5 or the 9 in the 14th race had ended up the track would you still have posted this thread.?

I mean about what you played in the 14th.

jjtuttle131
10-02-2008, 02:29 AM
"14TH RACE: #9 TAKE DOWN HALL- Decent DRIVER CHANGE (on #5 WOCKO THE BEAUT N ), and it wouldn't surprise me to see him beat my #9 horse. But, I'm truly NOT a "fence dweller". I recommend not taking anything under 9-5 on my selection, here."

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2008, 03:28 AM
actual verbiage, wow

I don't get it...are you actually contributing something worthwhile here, or am I completely missing something.

jjtuttle131
10-02-2008, 04:19 AM
An actual horseman/Gambler is what I am. And, the perspectives that I can share are educational.

Example: A excerpt from "Harness the Winning"

Chapter One:
A Slight Historical Perspective

As I’ve already made abundantly clear in my bio, I’m not even 40 years of age. But, I do indeed know almost everything there is to know about the great sport of Harness Racing. I was born into it. My Father was a Trainer/Driver for more than 25 years. He drove all along the northeastern seaboard, and along the way I was able to pick his brain enough to honestly consider myself a bit of a Horseman.

My Father was a part of the greatest era that the sport has ever seen. He was Driving and Training during the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s. During a time where the sport routinely drew Friday Night attendance figures that rivaled ANY Thoroughbred track.

Tracks such as Yonkers Raceway or even the old Roosevelt Raceway would easily garner around 15,000 to 30,000 (solely dependant upon the type of card that was on tap), in attendance on weekend nights, on a fairly regular basis.

That was page one.

Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle

LottaKash
10-02-2008, 04:54 AM
But, I do indeed know almost everything there is to know about the great sport of Harness Racing.
Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle

almost.......

Sea Biscuit
10-02-2008, 07:26 AM
As I’ve already made abundantly clear in my bio, I’m not even 40 years of age. But, I do indeed know almost everything there is to know about the great sport of Harness Racing.

Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle

I have always said this to my friends and fellow handicappers who care to listen to me

Show me a guy who says he has nothing more to learn about harness racing, and I will show you a loser.

I stand by it.

Dboomster
10-02-2008, 08:52 AM
But, I do indeed know almost everything there is to know about the great sport of Harness Racing.

I have seen your selections over a few days . . . you are far from an expert on harness racing. There are a few races where you chose to go four and five deep in your Pick 4 or Pick 5 when there were clear cut, nearly can't miss singles in the race. When you are going five-deep in a Pick at Northfield, it should be hard to miss the race, but you did it last night, twice.

Last night you wrote, "4TH RACE: #3 ZACKOR - Quarter pole move, and then it's him vs. the timer. Anything over 4-5 is "A GIFT"!
You must have sent it in on him at 4-1. He couldn't have had a better trip (followed a hard used favorite into the pocket) and still lost.

Perhaps you should consider looking at the races, rather than just using speed figures. Time and speed are nice angles but they are not the only ones.

After reading your posts on multiple sites, I have only one piece of advice:
Stop sounding so darn cocky and trying to sell people. They don't like it.

Sincerely,
Derick

Tom Barrister
10-02-2008, 04:05 PM
An actual horseman/Gambler is what I am. And, the perspectives that I can share are educational.

Example: A excerpt from "Harness the Winning"

Ads are getting old.

jjtuttle131
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM

I have seen your selections over a few days . . . you are far from an expert on harness racing. There are a few races where you chose to go four and five deep in your Pick 4 or Pick 5 when there were clear cut, nearly can't miss singles in the race. When you are going five-deep in a Pick at Northfield, it should be hard to miss the race, but you did it last night, twice.

Last night you wrote, "4TH RACE: #3 ZACKOR - Quarter pole move, and then it's him vs. the timer. Anything over 4-5 is "A GIFT"!
You must have sent it in on him at 4-1. He couldn't have had a better trip (followed a hard used favorite into the pocket) and still lost.

Perhaps you should consider looking at the races, rather than just using speed figures. Time and speed are nice angles but they are not the only ones.

After reading your posts on multiple sites, I have only one piece of advice:
Stop sounding so darn cocky and trying to sell people. They don't like it.

Sincerely,
Derick

A Mr. Tom Barrister gave a detailed synopse of my night, last night. If you look closely; you'll see; that I'm currently suffering from a horseplayer affliction commonly known as "seconditis".

p.s. I made money last night due to absolutely "nailing" (at least my analysis of the 14th was right on), the superfecta.

all
all

144.00= 1264.50

Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle

Tom Barrister
10-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I win them all, after they're over.

Sea Biscuit
10-03-2008, 01:37 AM
A Mr. Tom Barrister gave a detailed synopse of my night, last night. If you look closely; you'll see; that I'm currently suffering from a horseplayer affliction commonly known as "seconditis

I can think of another common horseplayers affliction known as Hubris.