PDA

View Full Version : The Polls have shifted

Rookies
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Lady Sarah had better pull a rabbit out of her skirt tomorrow.

The tide just turned. Obama is now favoured by > 5 points on AVERAGE and in every poll ( i.e. CBS, ABC, Pew, AP, Ipsos, Time,Gallup, Rasmusssen and GW/ Battleground.)

Of those 11 battleground states ( Ohio, Pa, Wiscy, Mich, N.H., Virginia, Flo, Missouri, Col, N. Mex & Nev), McCain is ahead only in Missouri and by 1.7% average.

The Fat Lady isn't warming up yet... but she is about to land.

lamboguy
10-01-2008, 10:14 PM
never mind those polls.

if you can't trust the pollsters, how can you trust the polls?

barn32
10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
never mind those polls.

You can bet your ass that everyone, including both parties and their candidates are looking at these polls. After all, do you really think Obama will spend much time campaigning in Oklahoma? Will McCain make three or four trips to Hawaii?

Polls are important. They're not be all end all, but they're pretty damn close.

TrifectaMike
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
If Obama isn't up by at least 10 points at the end of the month, he'll lose the election.

Sarah will give McCain a 5 point bounce just by showing up for the debate. All she needs to do is to ignore Biden and attack Obama. It worked at the convention. It'll work at the debate.

pandy
10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
If Obama isn't up by at least 10 points at the end of the month, he'll lose the election.

Sarah will give McCain a 5 point bounce just by showing up for the debate. All she needs to do is to ignore Biden and attack Obama. It worked at the convention. It'll work at the debate.

I thought McCain had it all the way until recently but the sharp swing in the polls show that people blame the economy on the Republicans.

lamboguy
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
i don't think its all the republican's fault. keep in mind that bush isn't loved by all republicans.

the thing that worries me is that obama's people are all street fighters behind him, they will do anything to get him elected. if you think george bush stole the election in 2000, obama will make bush look like a choir boy.

TrifectaMike
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
I thought McCain had it all the way until recently but the sharp swing in the polls show that people blame the economy on the Republicans.

I agree the Republicans are on the receiving end of the blame for the bad economy. However, this financial crisis will undermine Obama's entire platform of spending, giveaways and tax hikes. McCain has to powerfully say, over and over we cannot afford Obama...we cannot afford a democratic congress and a democratic president. That message will resonate will main street.

pandy
10-02-2008, 05:47 AM
I agree that Obama's spending will bankrupt the country, the middle class can't be squeezed any further, but I don't think that McCain/Palin are making a strong enough case. It doesn't help that the media has abandoned honest journalism. The media isn't even mentioning that Barney Frank and his fellow idiots fought attempts to regulate Fannie/Freddie and insisted that it they were strong companies.

barn32
10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
but I don't think that McCain/Palin are making a strong enough case....And therein lies the problem. Palin isn't making any case. You can bet your ass that Fred Thompson would have been making himself heard very loud and very clear round about now.

Tom
10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
My advice to Sara .....take a hot shower, clean off the stench of the mainland, and go back to Alaska. She is too good to associate with the vermin here in government. After last night, neither Obama nor McCain is fit to be president. Neither is fit to live in this country. Deport them both.
No matter which one gets, we go down the drain, just faster with Obama. Do you want to die quick or linger? That is your choice this year.

JustRalph
10-02-2008, 11:58 AM
You can bet your ass that Fred Thompson would have been making himself heard very loud and very clear round about now.

that is why he was my first choice for VP and President, and Palin 2nd.

ddog
10-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I agree that Obama's spending will bankrupt the country, the middle class can't be squeezed any further, but I don't think that McCain/Palin are making a strong enough case. It doesn't help that the media has abandoned honest journalism. The media isn't even mentioning that Barney Frank and his fellow idiots fought attempts to regulate Fannie/Freddie and insisted that it they were strong companies.

then why would we pass MORE spending now?
Oh and this country is bankrupt, we just have a great line of credit still.

15T of consumer debt and growing 11T of public and growing, 15T of gdp (and growing?).

it ain't purty if you really take a ruler to the balance sheets.

wonatthewire1
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
McCain will win in a landslide

Then Sec and Hcap can have their wailing wall get-together in some dim commie state like Vermont

That Cuban cigar I got up in Montreal is sure gonna be sweet the day after this walk over election

:jump:

barn32
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM

Wanna bet?

Rookies
10-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonatthewire1

Wanna bet?
And here too. Challenged another guy in a sports forum for a dime, who said the same, just before Obama took the nomination.
He declined.
$$$ talks and b.s. walk$.

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Obama and McCain are still too close to bank any bets you may have at this time.

Obama should be ahead by 25 points at this moment in time.

If I had money riding on Obama, no way do I feel anywhere near safe this far out....

hcap
10-04-2008, 06:03 AM
http://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu/quotes/Pres08_Quotes.html

They have done much better than most polls.

Market Quotes: Pres08_WTA
2008 Presidential Election Winner-Take-All Market.

DEM08_WTA 0.741
REP08_WTA 0.230

50 pts ahead.