PDA

View Full Version : Calling Racing Post readers

andicap
10-01-2008, 06:14 AM
In the few times I have taken a look at the Racing Post here in the U.K., I have been a bit confused because the paper does not put out any "key" to what all the figures represent. I understand what the Racing Post rating is, and Top Speed and all of that having read a few books on U.K. racing, but I've not found anywhere that explains what some of the figures represent.

Some of it is intuitive, like the weight in stones, the finishing positions, etc., but others are a head-scratcher.

robert99
10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
If you buy a copy of Racing Post Weekender newspaper - out today - a key is on pages 91, 69 etc.

If there are still any specific queries then ask away.

mwilding1981
10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Yup, feel free to post any questions :)

andicap
10-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Actually i have to give props to the Racing Post's editorial staff because i sent them an email asking about this and a couple of days later received a key to all the ratings in the post.

Now THAT's great customer service. :ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
10-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Since were on the subject somewhat....

What's the difference between the Racing Post Rating and the old Timeform rating????I remember vaguely adjusting Timeform Ratings by minus 14 to fall in line with BSF by some forgotten rule of thumb.How does this all equate???

Tom Barrister
10-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Here's one interpretation of the various speed/performance ratings:

http://www.chef-de-race.com/pfs/comparative_speed_figs.htm

CincyHorseplayer
10-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Here's one interpretation of the various speed/performance ratings:

http://www.chef-de-race.com/pfs/comparative_speed_figs.htm

Thank you Tom.These ratings,especially this time of year are of no small importance.

Tom
10-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Is there anyone who has the fractional times for any Euro races?
Being able to calculate last fractions would be helpful.

Charlie D
10-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Is there anyone who has the fractional times for any Euro races?
Being able to calculate last fractions would be helpful.

Our racing people believe there ain't much value in em Tom :lol: so unless you can find some kind sectional time clocker to share their info, your out of luck, i'm afraid

robert99
10-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Tom,

You may get published sectionals and horse weights when Euros run in the big races coming up in Hong Kong and Japan. Australia has a website with their races - some with Euros.
Turftrax gave transponder sectionals up until this summer but no market for them and went bust. We have to do our own - which is nice.

Tom
10-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I imagine you can find some nice plays when it is not public knowledge.
I 'm thinking we are going to be seeing more Euros coming over early as synth spreads.