PDA

View Full Version : Biden stepping aside? Phone Polls

JustRalph
10-01-2008, 05:18 AM
I am hearing from Ohio that polls are being conducted in the Akron Ohio area (via phone) by Dem operations, on whether individuals would be more inclined to vote for Obama if Biden steps down and Hillary steps in.

I have a contact there that says it has been going on for two weeks. Radio in the area is reporting this too.............. rumors are flying.............around Ohio.

Anybody else getting this in other parts of the country?

Tom
10-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Suddenly, Hillary is getting a lot of air time around here on the Sell Out Bill.

Overlay
10-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Suddenly, Hillary is getting a lot of air time around here on the Sell Out Bill.

Wouldn't that be expected for a New York senator in New York on an issue that affects New Yorkers (even if she's not up for re-election to the Senate this year)?

Biden's not going to be dropped at this point.

Tom
10-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Just started yesterday. She has not silent up to now. Suddenly, she is everywhere, spreading like colon cancer.

LutherCalvin
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
The rumor that I hear is that Biden will bow out of the race after the v.p. debate due to health reasons.

ranchwest
10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
The rumor that I hear is that Biden will bow out of the race after the v.p. debate due to health reasons.

Why would he drop out after a win?

Tom
10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
He hasn't won yet. This is Joe Biden we are talking about. :lol:

tribecaagent
10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
How can Obama's campaign slogan be "Time for a change" and his running mate be Joe Biden?....

nomadpat
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Two questions:
1) Aren't there legal issues with doing that? I thought ballots are already being generated in some states with Biden's name on it.
2) Even though Hillary has a lot of support, wouldn't that be a political disaster for the dems?

ddog
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
tin foil stuff.
foolish.

Marshall Bennett
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Two questions:
1) Aren't there legal issues with doing that? I thought ballots are already being generated in some states with Biden's name on it.
2) Even though Hillary has a lot of support, wouldn't that be a political disaster for the dems?
George McGovern revisited !! :)

ddog
10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
you mean Tom Eagleton???

:)

oddsmaven
10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll go on record as predicting that Biden does a great job thursday and that the joking about him making gaffes will dry up real quick, except from the desperate diehards.

To me he's the best of the four candidates; Palin being a huge, cavernous dropoff to her position as the worst.

Saw a clip of Couric talking to her yesterday...asking her if it was wise to mock Biden with her, "I've been hearing his speeches since I was in 2nd grade"...Katie asked her how that came across given that her runnning mate is even older...for a moment she tried to rescue it by saying that she was merely acknowledging his experience...but as is her wont, she continued on with an idiotic remark to the effect that she offers a fresh face vs a guy who's been around for ages...Mcain must have been saying, "Thanks a lot Sarah...why don't you say Obama would be a fresh change from a geezer like me while you're at it." :bang: :bang: :bang:

DRIVEWAY
10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
What happens to votes that have already being cast?:confused:

Tampa Russ
10-01-2008, 02:19 PM

I'm hearing it's a serious case of hair plug rejection brought on by the added stress of the campaign.

Overlay
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
If Biden is going to step down, I think that the decision should be announced before the debate, and the debate should be rescheduled to a new date after the final nominee has been decided.

banacek
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Not much movement in the In-Trade prediction market:

Biden to step down at 5.5 (17-1) while Palin to step down at 9.6 (9-1)

Clinton to be on ticket at 4.5 (21-1) unchanged.

Tom
10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm hearing it's a serious case of hair plug rejection brought on by the added stress of the campaign.

The plugs rejected his head!:lol:

Secretariat
10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Biden isn't dropping out anymore than Palin is. Or Cheney is resigning.

JustRalph
10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
To me he's the best of the four candidates; Palin being a huge, cavernous dropoff to her position as the worst.

you have got to be kidding? With all the things he has been wrong about?