PDA

View Full Version : Help! Help! I've been bit by the Blog Dog

GeniusIQ179
09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Help! Help!
I've been bit by the Blog Dog. Can't seem to stop, see below.

When I hear about Global Warming and excess CO2 causing the problem, I recall history. Well, maybe not history as such, just "Henny Penny, The Sky is Falling".

Fear as a commodity sells well. It has a popular futures market. As long as it is presented well, doomsday can cause religions to pack the house. The zeal of belief in fear of future destruction can cause mass suicide. It is all in how you package the product.

So, starting with circumstances; Glacier melt downs around the world. Increased bad weather with larger, more intense storms, and CO2 venting in every increasing amounts upwards, ever upwards, to that ceiling in the sky. Predictors of doom scientists are selling future fears.

Scientists have always had to fight for the "big-bucks". Governments hesitating to spend money supporting as yet unfound solutions to vexing problems. But fear, when coupled with scientific backing, becomes supportable.

All the scientists have to do is keep saying the same thing over and over. As long as they have listeners in government that believe and fear what the scientists say, arguments fade. (It really helps of course that the fumes from automobiles stink so badly.)

The good news; this type of hysteria eventually goes away. The bad news; Our planet is undergoing some rapid changes in weather.

Historians may well remark on Al Gore's place in history, and wonder at how he won that prize of $5 million dollars.

Tom
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Speaking of ALL Gore, he attended the Clinton bash on GW recently and advocated civil disobedience to halt construction of coal burning plants.

Does he really want to go there?

If he wants to advocate breaking the law, consider what group has not only the most guns and ability to use them, but a good reason as well.

Bring it on, Al baby! :lol::lol::lol:

GeniusIQ179
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
That $5 million prize will buy a lot of alcohol, hic!:rolleyes: