PDA

View Full Version : Question for vtbob

griz
09-28-2008, 12:55 AM
I purchased a program from you called Datagrab back in 2007. I use it everyday and could not get along without it.
The program has few things missing.
1) When you import Bris or TSN data into Excel there are no program numbers for horses, only Post position numbers. As you know they are not always the same.
2) There are no race numbers Race 1, Race 2, etc.
Have you taken care of these problems in the version for sale now?

I am sorry to ask this question on this forum, but you don’t answer emails at the Pitlak Group Or at Sports bet Advantage.

raybo
09-28-2008, 07:13 AM
I assume you have tried Infotran, free from Brisnet, which allows you to specify which fields you want to send to Excel and in what order you want them?

griz
09-28-2008, 12:57 PM
I heard about it on the forum and tried it. It's a DOS program I think, anyway I could not figure out how to use it. Like I said, I am using Datagrab everyday, I just wanted to know if he ever addressed the problems that I mentioned, if so I would purchase the new version.

Tom
09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey griz, I'm just going to install Datagrab and give it a shot. Sounds like you like it.

griz
09-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I switched over to Datagrab back when Trackmaster went up to $1.50 for a race card. It took me a while to figure out how to automate things in excel, but I got a nice little system going now.

vtbob
10-04-2008, 04:22 PM
First, Sorry about the email problem. I seem to be plagued by them. My actual email address is bob@pitlak.com. All the others are simply forwarded to this address, which I check daily and almost always answer immediately. However, I have one customer whose messages almost always get past me somehow.

As for your question. I haven't made any changes in the program, but what you are asking for seems like a reasonable upgrade. Please contact me via bob@pitlak.com so I know who you are and I'll send a free upgrade when I get around to making the changes.

Regards, and Good Luck

raybo
10-04-2008, 07:18 PM
First, Sorry about the email problem. I seem to be plagued by them. My actual email address is bob@pitlak.com. All the others are simply forwarded to this address, which I check daily and almost always answer immediately. However, I have one customer whose messages almost always get past me somehow.

As for your question. I haven't made any changes in the program, but what you are asking for seems like a reasonable upgrade. Please contact me via bob@pitlak.com so I know who you are and I'll send a free upgrade when I get around to making the changes.

Regards, and Good Luck

What is the difference between this program and Brisnet's free download for Infotran, other than it's a windows program while Infotran is a DOS program?

griz
10-07-2008, 02:04 PM
I sent an email to the address you gave, I hope you got it.

Profiler8
05-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi,

can anyone send me the link where I can download Datagrab or a similar program ?

Thanks...

Greetings
Tim

jeebus1083
05-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Infotran does not install on Vista x64 systems...

raybo
05-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Infotran does not install on Vista x64 systems...

It works on my Vista x64 machine.

jeebus1083
05-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Strange. I'll have to send you what my girlfriend's computer says when I try to install it on there. Perhaps Brisnet will have an answer.