PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys Need Help

IRISHLADSTABLE
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
I have a letter. ( Hard Copy ) Im trying to edit one line before I forward it to
the person who needs to sign it , Am trying to avoid typing the whole letter
Is there any way to scan the letter and correct the one line I need to correct

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

DJofSD
09-27-2008, 10:52 PM
My first thought is to use a scanner and then process the file using OCR software. You'd end up with something you could edit with Word. But if you don't have these two pieces already, it's not a viable option due to cost especially so if you just need to do it one time.

I don't know how you would go about it but some one you know either personally or professionally might already have such a set up. See if any of the really geeky people you know might already have the H/W and S/W to make your revision quicker and easier.

njcurveball
09-27-2008, 11:16 PM
This may sound crazy, but I would simply type the line or two over on the computer and print it out in the right format and font to match the letter.

Then I would simply cut and paste (with real scissors) over the line and put it in the copy machine to make a copy of it. Set the setting to be lighter than normal and the cut and paste should not even show.

Then mail or scan it or whatever you want.

You could do a bunch of "techie" stuff and take more time than actually typing the whole thing again. Just do it this simple way and you should be fine.

Jim

JustRalph
09-27-2008, 11:30 PM
This may sound crazy, but I would simply type the line or two over on the computer and print it out in the right format and font to match the letter.

Then I would simply cut and paste (with real scissors) over the line and put it in the copy machine to make a copy of it. Set the setting to be lighter than normal and the cut and paste should not even show.

Then mail or scan it or whatever you want.

You could do a bunch of "techie" stuff and take more time than actually typing the whole thing again. Just do it this simple way and you should be fine.

Jim

Been there done that........works great if you have a copier available....you can even scotch tape it on if the copier gets light enough. Don't forget to copy the document a few times before you start so you can have a few to screw up first..............great call Jim :ThmbUp:

if you don't have OCR software..........scan it in as a jpg........open it in a graphics app............sometimes you can duplicate it pretty close using a graphics app like Paintshop pro............I have been known to cut and paste words around on the letter until it looks ok......... if starts to look like a ransom note........get some help :lol:

LottaKash
09-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Ralph, can you scan it and then convert it to a PDF....when it becomes a PDF you would then be able to change any charachters that you may need to....

best,

JustRalph
09-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Ralph, can you scan it and then convert it to a PDF....when it becomes a PDF you would then be able to change any charachters that you may need to....

best,

only if you have the full version of Adobe.......not the reader........the expensive version of the program.

Pace Cap'n
09-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Scan it, send it to someone else, have them type it, and return it to you.

I would be glad to type it up for you.

dutchboy
09-28-2008, 10:19 AM
You could purchase the Able2Extraxt pro version for a little about $120. If you have a way to scan it as a pdf you can then convert any document in to a word or excel document which can be edited.

At work they purchased a copy machine that will scan and save as a pdf document which can be emailed to anyone. We just save them direct to a computer and then edit them. I believe there are companies that allow you to copy for a fee. My guess is that FedEx Kinko's would have the same type of copier at their location. Might be worth a call to Kinko's if you wanted or had a need to by the above mentioned software.

You can download it for free and use it for seven days on a trial basis. The pro version will convert a scanned document saved as a pdf. The normal version will convert a pdf that was created as a pdf that did not go thru a scan process.

It will not convert some types of font or handwriting.